[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

@bedifferent I did not watch Master’s Sun. 

But I do agree with you & @RobinM , that it’s a physical attraction more than true love  at this point . It does not make it a  less valid starting point though as don’t many relationships start off that way ; things could develop further . I do sense that there’s already an emotional connection that he has for her which i don’t think he understands why yet. When people complain about pacing , I think they are programmed to see this merely as a k rom com but forgetting this is a fantasy drama. We could have things like multiple time lines etc . Hence the speed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Now there are a lot of complaints about the pacing and inexplicable reason why he falls for her. I thought it was clear that his attraction to her is on a physical level like how he feels with paintings and stuffs.  I think the fast pace of their romance is deliberate to show that this is not love yet what he feels.  

Just my thoughts...

I realize every drama isn't for every person and I respect those whom for what ever reason don't wish to watch.  Or don't like this drama.  Yet I find it kind of sad giving up after only 2 episodes I mean no disrespect towards anyone.  After all I believe in freedom of choice but it's the picking apart and putting down a drama that is just laying down it's foundation of the story not really warmed up yet.  If you know what I mean...

Still the romance is "About Time"  and it may seem fast paced but the life clock is ticking after all LOL!!  Yet on a more serious note I didn't realize there was a time schedule for falling in love fast or slow.  What about love at first sight?  Or you had me at hello?  Or I saw you and I knew?  What makes love real isn't the amount of time more or less but the way in which you feel.  That moment your palms start to sweat and your heart feels as if it's coming through your chest.  It's when you get nervous or don't know what to say and when you could look at them all day...  Love isn't on any time schedule for it's all about the heart.  Sometimes you may or may not even know but it's like watching a drama you may give up to soon and you may not realize it's true value.  It's really up to you whether your willing to see it through.  I will say this there are some amazing dramas that are missed because we surrender to soon...

Inexplicable towards Mika?  Why would DH fall in love with her?  Why Not?  She is talented, beautiful, caring, courageous, and she may not have that so called station in life.  Money or power and all the things that go with success. Yet she understands the struggles and passions of the lack of them.  Not only in living but in learning what really matters and in trying to live life to the fullest for as long as she is given.  Talk about a REALITY CHECK!  Try on knowing that your dying. Not only knowing that you are, but the exact timing.  It doesn't get more real than that...

What does she have to offer him well I dare say if you asked her not much.  But if you asked DH I think he would say she makes me feel alive and it's her imperfections that make her so unique.  It's her simplicity in singing in a car or enjoying the beauty of just the warmth of the sun on her face.  It's in her way of dealing with humiliations and hardships that she faces day after day.  Still she gets back up and smiles breathing in every ounce of life she can.   Because every breath is one that is ticking away...

As far as it being like other dramas I guess there are always somethings that are the same but I think the writer is truly trying to show the value of every second of everyday.  Maybe even in all we take for granted in things we put off and don't do or say. Not just that but about love and how it speaks and is awakened within each of us.  That it's never to late for love, hope or really living...:heart:

9 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@RobinM  I choked on my coffee... hahahahaha

@ladyid LSY can look soooo much better with a different haircut and wardrobe.  What a waste of a national treasure (LOL, not really serious with this comment)!  I hope we get more natural lighting outdoor filming (thanks @Libera for the fanpix), LSK glows in the sunshine.  

And again...a national treasure, not fully discovered yet LOL

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Hi guys.  I am genuinely curious with these questions so throw me some opinions.  

Was just browsing some sites and dramabeans before leaving for dinner.  Seems like this series is quite polarizing, there are some viewers who hate it, can’t even make it pass the first 2 episodes.  Then there are some who love it.  What I am reading is that About Time is similar to Master Sun.  I didn’t watch Master Sun, so I read a quick synopsis, it doesn’t sound like it is. Or is it?  Also, I watched Secret Garden so I know this is not exactly the same.  HB or DH character, we see them in quite a lot of dramas, so I accept that it’s a common Kdrama character.   You guys who watch more romcoms than me would probably understand LOL

Now there are a lot of complaints about the pacing and inexplicable reason why he falls for her. I thought it was clear that his attraction to her is on a physical level like how he feels with paintings and stuffs.  I think the fast pace of their romance is deliberate to show that this is not love yet what he feels.  

@triplem @USAFarmgirl @bebebisous33 any thought? 

My friend, perhaps The Master Sun is 200% scarier than About Time. I love watching HyoJin and JiSub in TMS, but not at night LOL. It may be too early to comment which drama is better? We cannot compare HyoJin's acting skills with SungKyung ok. But i like SungKyung's singing. Similarities? Not really, TMS, HyoJin sees ghosts/spirits & she needs to touch Ji Sub...to live a normal life! She is not dying.  Ending , beautiful.  While for Mika's case, more desperate because she knows she is dying...and only Do Ha can stop her or even increases her life time. (Question: or the other way round?) 

To be honest, i can feel similarities of scenes like, Whisper, My Daughter SeoYoung, Twenty Again & 2nd OST instrumental, reminds me of drama 'Memory of Bali'

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Hi guys.  I am genuinely curious with these questions so throw me some opinions.  

Was just browsing some sites and dramabeans before leaving for dinner.  Seems like this series is quite polarizing, there are some viewers who hate it, can’t even make it pass the first 2 episodes.  Then there are some who love it.  What I am reading is that About Time is similar to Master Sun.  I didn’t watch Master Sun, so I read a quick synopsis, it doesn’t sound like it is. Or is it?  Also, I watched Secret Garden so I know this is not exactly the same.  HB or DH character, we see them in quite a lot of dramas, so I accept that it’s a common Kdrama character.   You guys who watch more romcoms than me would probably understand LOL

Chingu, i hope you don't mind me jumping in and sharing some thoughts.  About Time is similar to Master Sun.  GHJ character sees ghosts and that the physical contact between the OTP wards off these ghosts.  With Secret Garden, Lee Doha character is similar to Kim Joo Won although KJH is cocky (and an adorable jerk), LDH although confident has a soft spot.  

Now for the pace, I think most are used to the usual formula when the OTP would start liking each other by episode 8 but with About Time, it was way too quick.  I think it is possible since Mika is an attractive girl with loads of personality to start with.  She is an interesting girl who is definitely a go getter.  And she can be bold if need be (like who on earth would kiss a stranger to convince the musical director she can act ... Mika did ;-))  If a man is being pursued by a woman as attractive and bubbly as Mika, he would be a willing 'victim'.  I don't think LDH is in love.  If at all he is fascinated.  In Secret Garden KJH also fell for GRI early during the drama but till now I still can't understand how KJH would fall for someone like GRI - dirt poor girl with no education and unattractive.  

What I would question is, would Mika's effort to be with LDH worth it.  Come to think of it, we are in episode 4 and her time clock has not increased but continues to decrease although has slowed down.  Being next to LDH doesn't make a significant difference to her life clock (I guess not yet).  IMO, I see Mika as selfish.  Some may say she pursued LDH because of her desire to live (I get that) and LDH is her only chance to survive however LDH is engaged and her not giving any respect to his fiancee is foul.  It's like i want to live, I will do everything I can to be close to LDH and will not mind if it affects others.  Although BSB is not my favorite, her demeanor is justified.  Regardless if her engagement to LDH is arranged, her reaction is what you can expect in real life.   With 3 months left to live and being the breadwinner of her family, wouldn't it be more logical for Mika to prepare her family so they can fend for themselves when she is gone or even just enjoy her life and check off the things she has on her bucket list?  With BSB offering her whatever she wants, she could've thought of her family's security and at least get a job for her brother.  Perhaps it would've been better if Mika's life line increases by a year each episode not just mere minutes.  Then I would say her pursuit of LDH would be worth it.  It's like she is disrupting LDH and BSB's life for just morsels.  At the rate they are going, Mika is just spending time with LDH but not gaining much and unfortunately causing friction.  We don't even know if her life clock would extend to at least a year.  No guarantees and if she goes what happens to her family?  

Just my two cents chingu.  I wonder how the next episodes would pan out and I hope it doesn't drag us to makjang-land.  I hope writer-nim doesn't taint Mika's character.  I liked the first episodes but episode 4 made me rethink if I like where this drama is taking us.  Brace yourselves for the next episodes since we see cohabitation on the horizon (and yes, an engaged man about to live with his employee).  Nevertheless, I will still watch it and I hope writer-nim doesn't buckle up. Still cheering for this drama, the otp, the cast and crew.  Fighting!

But MC is not exactly a  temptress beguiling  an innocent man is she? He is older, more worldly and He is the one prolonging, pursuing  the relationship between them as of now. He kissed her and moves her in. You can see she has some reservations in the preview.  He is the one who needs to man up take responsibility for dealing with his fiance and really isn't right now. . And she is the one going to suffer most of anger of said fiancé, gossips  at work not him. Because it’s sadly normal and easier to blame the ‘other’ woman and ignore the mans part in cheating. And it is cheating both emotional and could easily have been physical if she had not been scared on the couch. 

That said she is getting more feelings now and getting carried away by the romance and needs to think more clearly about the fall out from her choices. 

12 minutes ago, RobinM said:

But MC is not exactly a  temptress beguiling  an innocent man is she? He is older, more worldly and He is the one prolonging, pursuing  the relationship between them as of now. He kissed her and moves her in. You can see she has some reservations in the preview.  He is the one who needs to man up take responsibility for dealing with his fiance and really isn't right now. . And she is the one going to suffer most of anger of said fiancé, gossips  at work not him. Because it’s sadly normal and easier to blame the ‘other’ woman and ignore the mans part in cheating. And it is cheating both emotional and could easily have been physical if she had not been scared on the couch. 

That said she is getting more feelings now and getting carried away by the romance and needs to think more clearly about the fall out from her choices. 

Actually I would agree chingu.  It takes 2 to tango but it was Mika who initiated albeit her intention was far from romance and it was a case of survival. she even made it clear to ldh she doesn't like him.   If she was not attractive then ldh would not get smitten (or maybe he would still). Even if her conscience is clean, in bsb's eyes (and even to those who know ldh) she may be viewed as the other party. Episode 3, ldh even gave her the opportunity to walk away and I believe at that point she already knew ldh was seeing someone.  In episode 1 and 2 she didn't know so it's okay for her to be carefree. But upon knowing ldh has a fiancée she should also think of the repercussions on her actions. I am nervous with what writer nim has in store for the next episodes and i hope episode 5 would give more substance and justification. That's why I question if the minutes or even hours she is gaining worth it.  If it is a year, I would go for it but extending Mika's life by a minutes/hours is just like spare change.  The benefit doesn't outweigh the cost of her actions. 

4 hours ago, bedifferent said:

It's been a while since I watched Master sun but I don't think they're similar. They both have premises where the woman tries to stay close to the man but tonally they feel very different. 

Yes, I think the pacing of the romance is fine (I just would've prefered there not to have been a kiss yet) and I understand why he likes her. I guess many people feel it's too fast because we haven't really seen them fall in love. So far we heard Mika saying she doesn't like him and Doha say he will use her. At this point their relationship isn't very sweet or romantic instead it seems based on physical attraction and feeling a connection with the other person. 

@bedifferent @cmoirae2 @triplem @USAFarmgirl @RobinM In my opinion, MK, DH and BSB are responsible for this mess. They are all selfish, hence this is not right to point the finger at only one person. All of them have flaws and are making mistakes.

1. Mi Ka: Because she wanted to live so much, she didn't respect DH's thoughts and feelings. I can understand her desperation but the way she approached him was wrong. When she asked him to date her, it was not a real question rather an order. On the other hand, she never had in her mind to date him. When she told him that he could do anything to her, in the end she got scared. So her words never reflected her true mind. We can see that she never thought of the consequences of her actions.
  2. Do Ha: He knows that he has feelings for Mi Ka but thinks that these feelings will fade away hence he is still determined to be married to BSB. He acts like a man who is having an affair (asking MK to leave before BSB sees her). He also doesn't care about MK that much if we think that he only considers her as a short passion that will fade away at some point. 
  3. BSB: She wanted DH to love her but she has always used her position and money to get closer to him. She never told him about her true intention and her feelings. Her problem is that she thinks that money and time can solve her problems. She never tried to arise any passion in DH, on the other hand she expected from DH to love her. How can he become the person she wants him to be, when she is even not ready or willing to be like that herself?

As for LDH, I can only write that he already loves her but he is unaware of his true feelings. If he had no deep feelings, then he wouldn't have jumped in front of the knife in order to protect Mi Ka. We shouldn't forget that he has a phobia for knife!! The man has never felt love for a person for such a long time hence he is mistaking these feelings as the feelings he has for paintings: a passion that will fade away after 3 months. This short-time lived passion is an indication that DH has always had a big heart and has been a passionate person but he couldn't have these feelings for anyone, only for paintings and things because he was too scared (unconsciously) that he might lose the loved one again. A painting can be easily removed and since it is not responding to your passion, it is normal that this kind of passion for a certain thing fades away. However, it is different for a human being that's why DH is misjudging the situation. Moreover, he could choose the time, when it was enough... the painting had no saying in this, as it is just an object. By choosing the time itself, he ensures that his heart and soul is protected from any hurt, from loss. 

I like that the romance started soon but i don't like that it started when there is still the fianceè, i would like that Do Ha will break up with Beth before starting something with Mika, in the preview Do Ha is talking to BSB and she refuses his offer, i think he will tell her everthing but will still ask her to marry him as a business deal.

Actually for Do Ha this marriage has always been just a business deal and Beth knows it too, she knows that he doesn't love her, for this she always rejected his proposals, i don't even think she actually loves him she just want him to love her, she even said that he can fool around with Mika but she just doesn't want him to fall for her, what woman in love will agree to her fianceè to physically cheat on her? If she wants love why is she still with Do Ha while he clearly doesn't love her?

She wants everything in life, she has the money and the power but she misses someone that loves her, she wants to feel superior to him in everything, she is already richer and more powerful than he is, if he falls for her she will have absolute control over him and i think this is what she truly wants. From what I can see in these 4 episodes Beth has a narcissistic personality and things will get ugly when she doesn't get what she wants.

About Mika i will reserve to judge her based on what will happen in the next episode, hoping that Do Ha will break up with Beth.

About the fact that she should care about her family knowing that she is dying soon, she already did, she already works like crazy and all for her family, she made lots of life insurances that will go to them and really what is the point to tell them now that she is going to die soon? They will only feel miserable and wouldn't be able to enjoy their last days with her, she doesn't want them to worry she is already worrying and caring about them working hard, i would say that her mother and brother are pretty selfish, she works multiple jobs to sustain them, it looks that her mother spends alot of money in clothes and accessories too showing little regards to the value of money and her daughter hard work and they just spend the days watching dramas and doing nothing.

About Mika spending all the time with Do Ha i wondered too if it's worth it for just few days more to live but i realized that i am not someone that can judge her here, Mika lived all her life with the gift or curse to see how much she and other have left to live, she more than anyone knows how much time is precious so for her even just few days more are more precious than anything, working for him she gets extra time to live and also gain money, while when she was doing other works she would still do the same life as now but she would get less money and less time, it's obvious that for her it's a winning situation working for him.

She also just now discovered that someone is able to extend her life, it's something new for her and she is still trying to figure out how this can happen and how this clock thing works, it's obvious that she is excited when she saw her clock finally stop, she already said that she doesn't want to die, she is desperate to live and i could understand her desperation more in the last episode, she said multiple times that she doens't want to be like this but she has no choice, she is enough desperate to be even willing to give her body to him, she is even fine for him to use her and get rid of her, she just wants to gain some extra time she knows that she will still die, but if she can have some more time, just few days, there is really something more precious that more time to live? She can also gain some more money that will go to her family and also she might be able to realize her dream of becoming a musical actress before dying and i think that is a big deal for her, to at least realize one of her dreams. I think that her time will increase more when the romance will actually start, we already saw that when he kissed her her clock increased at light speed so the more the feelings grow and the more time she will get, one thing i don't understand how she can't not notice when the clock increases, i think i would remember how much time i have left to live and would notice even if it went up just one minute, waiting for her to notice it at least at the next episode,  for me it doesn't make sense that she wouldn't see it.

I am curisous to see what will happen, i hope the writer won't disappoint, he made lots of fun of drama tropes so i hope he/she will have fresh ideas and will surprise us. Till now he/she used quite alot of tropes so i don't know what to expect.

Agreed @bebebisous33. Right now what is happening is that everyone is serving their own interests firsts . Although the marriage is a business arrangement of sorts , it would still be technically cheating on Do Ha’s part . But I get why Mika does it though. It’s hard to be rational when dying in 3months . 

@Libera So in the preview am I getting this right - do you think he tried to break-up with BSB but she’s not agreeing to it ? 

3 hours ago, cmoirae2 said:

What I would question is, would Mika's effort to be with LDH worth it.  Come to think of it, we are in episode 4 and her time clock has not increased but continues to decrease although has slowed down.  Being next to LDH doesn't make a significant difference to her life clock (I guess not yet).  IMO, I see Mika as selfish.  Some may say she pursued LDH because of her desire to live (I get that) and LDH is her only chance to survive however LDH is engaged and her not giving any respect to his fiancee is foul.  It's like i want to live, I will do everything I can to be close to LDH and will not mind if it affects others.  Although BSB is not my favorite, her demeanor is justified.  Regardless if her engagement to LDH is arranged, her reaction is what you can expect in real life.   With 3 months left to live and being the breadwinner of her family, wouldn't it be more logical for Mika to prepare her family so they can fend for themselves when she is gone or even just enjoy her life and check off the things she has on her bucket list?  With BSB offering her whatever she wants, she could've thought of her family's security and at least get a job for her brother.  Perhaps it would've been better if Mika's life line increases by a year each episode not just mere minutes.  Then I would say her pursuit of LDH would be worth it.  It's like she is disrupting LDH and BSB's life for just morsels.  At the rate they are going, Mika is just spending time with LDH but not gaining much and unfortunately causing friction.  We don't even know if her life clock would extend to at least a year.  No guarantees and if she goes what happens to her family?  

Just my two cents chingu.  I wonder how the next episodes would pan out and I hope it doesn't drag us to makjang-land.  I hope writer-nim doesn't taint Mika's character.  I liked the first episodes but episode 4 made me rethink if I like where this drama is taking us.  Brace yourselves for the next episodes since we see cohabitation on the horizon (and yes, an engaged man about to live with his employee).  Nevertheless, I will still watch it and I hope writer-nim doesn't buckle up. Still cheering for this drama, the otp, the cast and crew.  Fighting!

I agree that the small ammount of time gained might not seem like a lot and yes Mika is quite selfish for persuing Doha but honestly if I had been in her situation I think I wouldn't have been logical; even if it meant living just a few days longer. 

I'm also nervous about next week's episodes. Like you I prefered the first 3 episodes over the fourth. I really hope we can see more of how Mika tries to enjoy every moment of her life and how that in turn change the people around her. From the preview it seems like there will be a lot of drama and I would hate if the concept of time got lost because if it. 

37 minutes ago, ladyid said:

I agree that the small ammount of time gained might not seem like a lot and yes Mika is quite selfish for persuing Doha but honestly if I had been in her situation I think I wouldn't have been logical; even if it meant living just a few days longer. 

I'm also nervous about next week's episodes. Like you I prefered the first 3 episodes over the fourth. I really hope we can see more of how Mika tries to enjoy every moment of her life and how that in turn change the people around her. From the preview it seems like there will be a lot of drama and I would hate if the concept of time got lost because if it. 

Yes, me too wish that they will show more about enjoying life fully, for now they just showed us Mi Ka and Do Ha relationship but in the next episodes i hope they will show more of the value of life and Mi Ka actually enjoying life with her family and friends.

I really hope that the drama won't go all makjang, that would be so disappointing but it looks like it's going to be from the preview :crazy:  At least I hope that it won't last long but just a couple of episodes.

Today filming at the Hospital with Mi Ka and Mrs Oh

@Libera admire onion headI really liked reading your last post. crazy monkeyYes, BSB seems to want DH's love in order to get absolute power. But we can perceive it differently. Maybe BSB doesn't reveal her love for him because she thinks that revealing her true feelings, DH will have power over her. From my point of view, BSB considers love from this perspective: the one who loves is the weaker one and the loved one has the upper hand. The loved one is the one who obtains absolute power. But is it then true love if you consider love as a fight for power and control? I am not sure if BSB has realized it yet. I have the impression that she thinks, she really loves him. 

Actually for Do Ha this marriage has always been just a business deal and Beth knows it too, she knows that he doesn't love her, for this she always rejected his proposals, i don't even think she actually loves him she just want him to love her, she even said that he can fool around with Mika but she just doesn't want him to fall for her, what woman in love will agree to her fianceè to physically cheat on her? If she wants love why is she still with Do Ha while he clearly doesn't love her?

Hence about the remark you mentioned, I interpret it that way: she is trying to hide her true feelings. By acting like that, she gives the impression that she doesn't love DH and her marriage is an arranged marriage. If she reveals her love for him, she admits that she is the weaker one. On the surface, she acts as a strong and powerful person, yet her actions are betraying her. Therefore I sense that the contract she proposed to DH will be the chain to bind DH. On the surface, it looks like BSB is the slave because she is offering so much money to DH, yet behind it, BSB will use it to blackmail DH. "Since I gave you so much financially, you should compensate me "emotionally"".

11 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra I don't hate her either and would like for everyone comes out at peace at the end.

Well hate is a really strong word. Which character did you really hate in the past? But I don't think everyone will be at peace at the end.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Of course no one is really bad . It’s a k rom-com , everyone gets redeemed at the end . But for argument/ discussion to be fair & make sense at that point in time , we can only interpret what we have been shown at face value, not what will happen 16 episodes later  -_-

So right now as per episode 4 & based on preview for eps 5 ,I’m rather indifferent to Beth. For me her role is pretty much a foil to OTP’s romance & journey. But I do have to point out something. If Beth is needing to use material things / money to buy out the competition, then it goes to show that she really has no confidence of winning Do Ha over. And even if she succeeds to buy out Mika & family ( which won’t happen of course )  , the point that she has forgotten is that it does not guarantee Do Ha will love her back. It may secure the marriage but not his heart . So this backfires because his heart is the very thing she wants ( the reason she kept rejecting his proposals) 

Both the second leads are very attractive & pretty decent actors. Hats off to second male lead for delivering at the last minute. Beth or rather Im Se Mi  , has already secured another drama Terius Behind Me ( airing in July with So Ji Sub), think she will play an investigator 

Yeah it is RomCom, but do I have to remind you that our most heated discussion were all during romcoms? The glorious times of Shi-Ho (where everything started) or Yoo Na? The majority of them were all during RomComs. I would even say that now is the best time to understand Beth, what happens to her now is the basement of her actions that will come up in the next couple of weeks. 

If you understand her now, you will understand why she will do probably bad things in the future. 

Well of course she has no confidence anymore, it seems like they are within this status for a decent amount of time now and he still hasn't learned what she is looking for. She knows that he doesn't love her and at one time even the most dedicated girl gives up. 

But it's better to try and buy a potential competetior out than to actually compete with her, since she already knows she's on the backfoot. For Beth Mika is only someone who wants to benefit from Do Ha's name and wealth. 

Wow guys, like the convo in here. :D

Wait, DH is not engaged yet right?  A technicality I know.  The preview of E5 shows DH attempting to talk to BSB. It's good, I hope he honestly addresses his feelings to his GF tho at this point, it is more to assuage his own guilt.   Late is better than never, at least the guy speaks up.  Seems like BSB will refuse the breakup and tighten the grip another half a turn.   We will see soon what happens that allow DH to publicly pursue Mika. In his mind, he must have considered himself a single man again.  Mika's mom.  Who would let her dtr move in with another man, what explanation can she give her?  

@Libera I share Mika's desperation.  She is awared by now of how her actions are deplorable.  At the couch talk, Mika accepts Do Ha's warnings as the price she has to pay for her life.  At this point, it is all for the minutes and seconds.  I don't think she realizes yet that the quality of her life is not confined by the length of time on her wrist.  @cmoirae2  All that you mentioned, preparing the family to cope and be financially secured when she is gone, is done when you have come to peace with your mortality.  Mika hasn't given up the fighting spirit yet.  For this young girl who is so full of life, every second is a precious commodity.  Mika sees things in a very quantitative way since she is cursed with seeing life as numbers.  Every second that you take for granted is a gift to her and her perception of its value is different than us.  She hasn't figured in the emotional and spiritual value of her life either.  For now, it's only a number that she desperately wants, not taking in the big picture of how her actions affects others.  So is life defined as the length of time we are here on Earth, what we accomplished with the time that is given to us or the relationships and joy we get from the chance to experience it?  This is something I think the drama is hinting with this time clock thingy.

I feel the same as @bebebisous33 and @triplem , everyone is playing the short game, putting their self interest above others.  The pace of the first four episodes really show how our characters actions are carelessly unrealistic in that way.  No wonder the viewers feel disconnected with the characters trajectory.  Are we going into makjang territory? :D @ladyid I feel like this drama is trying to sell us the love story first before moving onto more important thing.  At least it's what I hope since they say they will reveal the meaning of the time clock soon.  Death is not a solo event as all our lives are intertwined in some ways.  We supposed to buy that DH is Mika's fate.  This is not limited to just love.  I think he is meant to help Mika leave her footprints in this short life that she has.

Archived