[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

Hello, everybody.

I would like to share some comments.

For DH, I think he likes Mika so quickly is rational. A little bit like love at first sight. Mika is charming and unpredictable for him. After he gets along with her, he becomes to like her.

For Mika, despite DH's unapproachable, he indeed is a good man. And when a man not afraid of death to save you, won't you like him?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shouldn't forget that MK's dream is to become a singer in a musical, however she has not much time left. The musical director liked her voice but he complained that she needed training. His words point out that Mi Ka needs time which she hasn't.

If you look at the big picture, DH is able to give her time and the director J. can turn her into a real singer so that her dream can come true. By thinking so, I am now scared that at the end, Mi Ka might really die after her dream comes true.  

9 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

A dark suit yay :heart:  That looks like the hospital though...

Think so, I may be wrong , SangYun was visiting a patient he knows as well.

it is scary to think of what will happen next, if in the event that DH knows he has the special gift to stop not only Mika's life time/clock but Beth as well. Just my fantasy...

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

We shouldn't forget that MK's dream is to become a singer in a musical, however she has not much time left. The musical director liked her voice but he complained that she needed training. His words point out that Mi Ka needs time which she hasn't.

If you look at the big picture, DH is able to give her time and the director J. can turn her into a real singer so that her dream can come true. By thinking so, I am now scared that at the end, Mi Ka might really die after her dream comes true.  

Yes, I think it is borrowed time.  In the dream sequence at beginning if E2, Mika’s timeclock became an hourglass that is controlled by Do Ha.

I don’t think he would have  difficulty telling BSB how he feels about MC. He is pretty blunt you know. But it’s not just a normal engagement- there are two chaebol family’s and business dealings worth a lot of money on the line. He can’t and won’t blow all that off. 

It would actually be best if MC sat down herself and told BSB the whole story about why she needs to be near him, even to move in. Then everyone can be on the same page. As long as he acts like a proper fiancé for her and they stay in their own rooms  she will (probably) deal with it.at least Till she catches them because they are the OTP after all :)

11 hours ago, bedifferent said:

For this young girl who is so full of life, every second is a precious commodity.  Mika sees things in a very quantitative way since she is cursed with seeing life as numbers.  Every second that you take for granted is a gift to her and her perception of its value is different than us.  She hasn't figured in the emotional and spiritual value of her life either.  For now, it's only a number that she desperately wants, not taking in the big picture of how her actions affects others.  So is life defined as the length of time we are here on Earth, what we accomplished with the time that is given to us or the relationships and joy we get from the chance to experience it?  This is something I think the drama is hinting with this time clock thingy.

I thoroughly loved your post & this resonated with me . Who wants to die when they are in their 20s?   To me , Mika has to an extent realised what’s important in life - she values her family & friends - I love the relationship she has with miss oh for example. I like how she’s going after her dreams. She’s not sitting around moping. She’s not sweating the small stuff. 

Imagine being diagnosed with a terminal illness with months to live. Then you find a possible cure, it  would be natural for you to go all out to get hold of it . Perhaps there are side effects , but if you don’t give yourself that fighting chance - you’ll definitely die. For me Do Ha is that cure that may  come with some side effects . But if she does not give this a shot , she’s basically resigning to her fate. 

As to the hourglass , I  thought it was just because of the time clock . But then , I wonder if it is an indication of inevitability. Her death is meant to bring life into Do Ha’s. It may be a bitter sweet ending. 

Urghhh dear stylist needs to relook at some her clothes. The beanie is not flattering. Reminds me of this jelly things that kids in my country like to eat

:lol:

Spoiler

jelly-in-plastic-cup-F7H1B3.jpg

@RobinM  I have no idea what he’ll say, @Dhakra may....whatever it is, be honest, do it quick so you don’t get an anxiety attack DH!  and and and remember, never ask for those rings back if you value your life.  Just saying....

@triplem  ohhhhhh, I see, that’s how you see the hourglass.  The IG posts have Mrs Oh back into the hospital again, what is her story? I think MK’s zest for life is her appeal for DH.  He, who is settling for a ordinary life of comfort over love, was just moving along and then she happens... 

Apparently, the drama will introduce a new character, someone who has the special ability to see the time clock like Mika.... 

Official stills from tvN twitter.

De0ud5QUwAALLTn.jpg

De0ud5JV4AAGasW.jpg

De0ud5JVQAA84Hr.jpg

“About Time” To Reveal Surprising Twist On Upcoming Episode

A surprising new twist on the countdown clocks will be coming in the next episodes of “About Time.”

tvN’s “About Time” is about musical actress Choi Michaela (played by Lee Sung Kyung) who can see people’s countdown clocks ticking away to the end of their lifespans, including her own, and Lee Do Ha (played by Lee Sang Yoon) who has the ability to stop her’s.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/03/time-reveal-surprising-twist-upcoming-episode/

Previously, Lee Do Ha showed that he is not a man who waits around when he confessed his love to Choi Michaela within the first few episodes. This is something that Choi Michaela hoped for, as she discovered that her countdown clock stops and even adds time when she is with him. At the end of the most recent episode, she honestly confessed to him, “You might not believe me, but I can see people’s lifespans. And when I’m next to you, my countdown clock, which doesn’t have a lot of time left, stops.”

Following her confession, the two kissed. During their kiss, there was a flash of light that passed by Lee Do Ha’s neck, while Choi Michaela’s clock again started adding more time.

The upcoming episode will reveal another surprising twist to the mysterious countdown clocks. Another character who can see countdown clocks will be introduced. Through this surprising turn of events, Choi Michaela, who has been struggling on her own with her ability, may find a reliable ally.

Another curious aspect of the countdown clocks is that Lee Do Ha’s countdown clock is yet to be seen. Though Choi Michaela has made an effort to look for his clock, even sneakily following him to a swimming pool to check if it was somewhere she hadn’t seen, she was unsuccessful. Exactly where his countdown clock is, how much time he has left in his lifespan, and whether he will be able to save Choi Michaela, who now has less than 100 days to live, remains a mystery.

A source from the drama stated, “Until now, we focused on the development of Choi Michaela’s countdown and her countdown clock stopping or lengthening when she is with Lee Do Ha. Going forward, there will be a new twist as another person with abilities regarding countdown clocks appears. While revealing the hidden secrets surrounding the countdown clocks, using this new information, the drama will increasingly immerse into fantasy.”

“About Time” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Lee Sung Kyung And Lee Sang Yoon Officially Begin Their Sweet Romance In “About Time”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon-2.jpg

In the upcoming episode, Lee Sung Kyung, whose time actually increases when she’s with Lee Sang Yoon, will be moving in to Lee Sang Yoon’s home. During the day, she will be Lee Sang Yoon’s employee and driver, while at the night they will enjoy their romance.

A source from the drama stated, “The two are officially together now, and will show their sweet romance this week. They will satisfy the viewers’ expectations towards the couple. There will also be another surprising revelation about the countdown clocks, so please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/03/lee-sung-kyung-lee-sang-yoon-officially-begin-sweet-romance-time/

9 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Happy Monday... :heart:

@Dhakra  what would you say to BSB if you are in Do Ha's place? :wink:

In what regard? What did I miss? You mean him telling her about Mika and that he wants to break up and live with her?

If I were Do Ha, I would take BSB in the first place, he couldn't have it better. If you see it from a neutral pov, she's a keeper.

But let's pretend I would be in the same situation,  I would tell her that sometimes things don't go according to plan and well, just be honest with her. She will hate you and/or try to destroy your luck either way. Why? Because she's jealous. One way or another, you will have to accept her displease. 

Tell her why you fall for her and well, since the arranged marriage was never based on love, that you can't help yourself. 

Don't ask for her sympathy, you won't get it anyway. It will only make her mad.

9 hours ago, RobinM said:

Not @Dhakra but there is absolutely no way a man can win or even come out even in that conversation. What woman would accept a a beautiful girl living with her fiancé?! 

Based on experience, a man can never win or come out in ANY conversation that includes a woman. :D 

No women that cares or loves, all he can do come clean with every party and accept the pain that comes with it. 

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@RobinM  I have no idea what he’ll say, @Dhakra may....whatever it is, be honest, do it quick so you don’t get an anxiety attack DH!  and and and remember, never ask for those rings back if you value your life.  Just saying....

Be honest and being blunt is the only way to go. In Do Ha's favor also speaks that he is kind of unexperiences this these situations.

And yeah, the rings are Beth's now. :D 

Archived