[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

OH MY HEART!:wub::lol: Lee Sang Yoon's DIMPLE , HIS SMILE AND HIS VOICE. MY HEART FEEL WEAK HAHAHA. :lol::lol: I like it. :lol: And with Lee Sung Kyung.. It's a complete pair. I feel their chemistry. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS DRAMA.. :heart:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG they finally released a few more clips (very slow) but doesn't matter I am at lunch now LOL

Mika ends up calling Doha.

DH-You were asleep?  

Mika-I was about sleeping and I got sleeping and almost

DH-Already?!  You were able to sleep so soon/well 

DH-I was unable to sleep too close. You said you need to be close

Mika - It is a good bed.

DH-I am unable to sleep says something.

Mika--far away?

DH-I have to be close by right? Said something else.

Mike-Awww and smiles/laughs.

DH- What is going on? Are you ignoring me? Choi Mika is ignoring me?

Mika- Ignoring you?

DH-I It is not by chance, I really mean it by saying by chance. Alright, I like Choi Mika.  But it is not  to  that level to ignore me.

Mika-Hmmm if it is to that point to ignore you then to this point Today (?) 

DH-Says something, still anyways, still not to the level to ignore me!

Mika--looks at the wall--says thank you. Thank you for believing me and being by my side.  Good night and sleep dreams!

DH-Smiles sweetly hearing her.

Both hang up.

Radio person -says stuff --When someone leaves at that time you should be honest/truthful to be closer (Not sure if I got this right?!)

Now at this time, says something and then adds  I am Sorry,  thank you, as well as  I love you

DH-Yes that is it , that is it (in agreement to what was said) Ordinary Thank you. That is right, I love you. 

Mika looks at DH

DH-What? Is there something you want to say to me? Speak comfortably and tell me.

Mike-What?

DH-Awww not yet (looks at his secretary Woo Jin)

WJ-Says something and then I will now give you a report.

DH (such a great mood) -Ok, thank you (very sweetly ---LOL)

WJ-About to say something (then ) Eh? (He is not used to DH using such a lovely tone with him---he is in shock. LOL)

DH-looks at WJ with a Smile --asks What?

WJ-flabber gasted shakes his head. (Still in shock) 

DH-looks out his window singing the weather is nice... (yup the guy is in love and chirpy/chippy)

Sung Hee---is looking over at the famous jerk broadway producer Jo JaeYoo with Mika

Hmm what does he have to say starting work (wondering) as she eyes them seated together 

MK is seated uncomfortably.

JJY-Says something (I think his status as producer blah blah) and looks at her and specifically uses polite language.

Mika--to a person who failed their audition, I don't know why we are having a meeting then says something and uses polite language address to him too (Producer Jae Yoo Nim)

JY-Ok. Would you want to be the understudy to the female lead?

Mika-repeats the understudy to the female lead?

JY- Mentions the topic (something of dating?!) not sure what he says next. From the start, not sure about this woman but once we open up but going on instinct.(?) When I look at the audition recording you are not far off from the female lead in my mind . But the female lead would be burdensome but I am deciding to put you as the understudy instead.

Mika-I WILL DO IT! I am able to do it!

JY-I will look at your audition. Says a bunch of stuff about her and the part. Please pay attention (as he turns around the music/notes for her to study)

(Go MIKA! He was influenced by her but I am sure her egging him on did not hurt. She MADE a memorable impression even if he nailed her emotions from the RIGHT place-ie her loneliness or pain --he is talented just a bit of a jerky one.)

Mika texts to DH-Are you busy ? (He smiles reading it---gosh I love his dimples)

Mika--looks at her cell phone--she sees he saw it (talks to herself)

WJ stands up as he sees DH exit his office. Mika stands up too.

DH-Says something Mika

Mika-Me? Then she follows DH.

WJ looks suspicious.

DH goes outside and grabs her hand

Mika--what are you doing?

DH-I am not busy

Mika-Eh?

DH-You asked if I was busy

DH-A delicious lunch and a drive? What would you want to do with a not busy man?

Mika-Well that, I have an audition after I get off work and was wondering what to do to find out your schedue.

DH-What did you say?! (he looks disappointed)  Usually--Busy?  Are you asleep? What are you doing? Aren't these words you say if you mean you want to hang out together?

Mika-Well that, today I got an understudy audition. Excitedly to the female lead!!!!!!

DH-Understudy audition?! JJY is a person then.

Mika-So I HAVE to practice. But as your driver I am always busy. (she sayss something about seeing his face?) 

DH-Do you have to see that Halmoni, the part time job Halmoni at the hospital. Does Choi Mika have to do it? Why are you doing this to me?

Mika-what do you mean?

DH-You have to take responsibility for asking if I was busy.You made a not busy man heart's flutter. Do you know what that action did ?

Mika just smiles at DH happily.

DH-You are smiling? (trying to sound stern) Are you sure? Then says something. (About him ?)

7 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Can someone put up the segment/video where both time clocks (DH and MK) are running?  Is his going down more than usual as hers is going up?  We are not sure  if he gives his time to her cuz his clock should also be decreasing even if she is not near him?  He’s living his own life too.

It looks to me that his life span decreaes normally and Mika time just stopped in this episode, it didn't increase. I thought that every time they touched her time would increase but it seems that it didn't happen in this episode, so I still wonder how her clock works, I also wonder if SN can see her man's clock.

@Libera I have the impression that her time increases, when she is reciprocating her feelings. IT has something to do if she accepts DH's love. When she rejected his love confession, the time started again. By kissing him back, she admitted indirectly that she felt something for him. 

@bedifferent This was just a supposition that DH's time would decrease, we don't know for sure. Maybe his time is linked to the death of MK's halmoni.

Camping site and DH is cooking at the grill. 

Oh So Nyeo Halmoni and her date and she is saying things about the nice air etc noting that Mika looks good dating. (?) Being able to have a double date like this I really like it.

MIka-Our Halmoni likes it then I like it too.

DH-looks at them from the grille---Double Date?! You like it. of course they like it. (annoyed)

SN Halmoni-The meat is going to get overcooked.

SN Halmoni's date-says something (maybe about her taste ) he will go take over from DH?

He walks over to the grill to take over.

Mika looks at SN Halmoni-You looks good (well) 

SN--More important that looking good but this time is precious

Mika-For SN Halmoni

SN-Just everything. She says a bunch of stuff and believe how life is precious etc

Date---The meat to your taste preference. (He prepared something and says something)

he extends his hand to dance with her.

DH walks over to MIka---they are now dong this ?!

Mika-But looking at them it is great to watch.

SN-what are you doing watching blah blah. Come out!!!

Mika takes off his gloves and takes away the tongs. Let's go.

DH-Where? There?!

They are still dancing into the night Mika and DH

So cute. SN looks over at them.

DH-says a bunch of stuff. (One of them I studied musicals)

Mika-says something

DH-It is due to you want blah blah. Something about being an understudy.

DH-It must be my heart, the reason that your clock stops. Very pretty. When you are smiling you are even more beautiful. Such a beautiful woman what am I going to do? I was thinking during this time I hope that time stopped.

Mika---Aw being like this is being happy 

Both cutely smiling at each other

DH-I wish that there was still 100 years and time stopped. Choi Mika let's be happy for a long long time. Let's start.

Such a sad clip and I love how SN Halmoni loves our Mika.

this is from www.dramamilk.com (see below)

Much later on, Park is sleeping as the other three keep talking. SN asks who kissed in one week! Whoever folds first loses. DH folds his finger and tells MC that she should fold hers also. SN laughs while DH basically tells her that she is too R rated. SN is all like, whatever, take your drink. DH guzzles his drink and goes to the bathroom with SN chuckling about his weak stomach.

When DH leaves, SN tells MC that she sees a lot of hearts in her eyes. MC tellsher that he is a strange man. She remembers all the happiness that she hid in her heart, he finds it all and gives it to her. After her Grandmother died when she was 7, everything changed. When she was little, her halmoni liked her a lot, just like you do to me. Whatever I did, crying or begging, she always told me I was pretty.

But Halmoni got hit by a car while protecting MC. MC sees the time at that moment.

MC – Halmoni died all of a sudden in front of me. The world looked different to me. From that time, I forgot about those things to adapt to this strange world. Tiny and normal and small happiness. He teaches me these things.

SN – Your grandmother gave you your present.

MC – Present?

DH walks back up to them and sits. SN looks at DH’s neck and sees 61 years! Halmoni can see time too! She also sees MC’s time.

MC – it will be a very happy and a very hurtful present.

She starts crying and we see both their times on the screen.

61 years and 81 days.

Fade Out

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Libera I have the impression that her time increases, when she is reciprocating her feelings. IT has something to do if she accepts DH's love. When she rejected his love confession, the time started again. By kissing him back, she admitted indirectly that she felt something for him. 

@bedifferent This was just a supposition that DH's time would decrease, we don't know for sure. Maybe his time is linked to the death of MK's halmoni.

Thanks @Libera, I think it has to do with feelings or emotions that Mika experiences  since she said she forgot how to feel happiness after halmoni died.  Touch alone is not enough, he has to elicit an emotion.  Time increases if it’s a positive emotion and decreases if it is negative.

@bebebisous33 people say when they die, they try to leave their love a part of them, something to remember by, memories of them or their love. MK’s halmoni may have left her spirit and love for MK through DH.  He is passing on her love to MK, not necessarily his time but her time. Maybe that’s why it has to be him.

@USAFarmgirl lol, you didn’t say anything about shirtless LSY.  They do look good together!

@Nodame thank you for the translations! I am glad you are watching with us! How do you like this episode?

Mrs Oh is at the hospital because she can see the lifespan of those pts.  Maybe she can mentor Mika to put her gift to good use.  See? She is Yoda :)

@bedifferent Thank you! I haven't seen the full episode as I am at work (in USA east coast). I will have to watch it tonight. I just used some free time during lunch to try to sub what i could understand.

I love SN halmoni, wow so she sees time. I think she is the cutest person matchmaker. Wanting to see Mika happy for the little time she has left. The same for Mika seeing Halmoni's suitor not having much time left. Both are kindred spirits in more ways than each other knows.

Do Ha's so cute with Mika (in the clips anyways). Being all smiley and happy in the car, acting fluttery and grabbing her hand in the hall way, pushing and pulling his bed away from the wall (in his room) I love how love /liking Mika is making him happy. Even Woo Jin was flabbergasted to have a chipper and happy smiley Do Ha talking to him in the car. (Before DH was all down to business and not warm at all only with Do San his hyung as we saw in the last episode.)

Jaeyoo gave the understudy audtiion, I knew that he would be interwined with her. He DEF felt interest in her before though she had no emotions as he told her directly. The second time nailing the emotion but not from the right source again he nailed it. But she was unforgettable and on top of it he was teased and ridiculed. So of course he did not like being talked down to by Mika the other two occasions they met up. (LOL)

Soo Bong telling Do Ha who wants to come clean and be honest with her. Interesting she wants to keep Do Ha. The info of the drama says she loves/likes him. I definitely think if that was true and she had her pick of men due to her money, I wouldn't be surprised she wanted some effort. DH was previously courting her but they were both honest of how they were not INTO each other. It was purely for money/power exchange as many power families done throughout history and country border lines. I did like she did not fling or threaten Mika in the yelling screaming way, but still she threatened Mika with a nice tone and material goods. Just a step up but not really as a threat is a threat no matter how prettily you package or say it.

Mika she definitely feels something for Do Ha. If she was not sure before, after seeing him stabbed. She was willing to leave him to stop him from being possibly hurt due to her. He jumped out to stop her from being stabbed by the patient. She really likes him to willingly give up extending her life to make sure Doha is safe. (Definitely love/liking is coming on and when SN halmoni said hearts were shooting from her eyes and DH was too) not surprising. Good that DH saw it too!

Reminds me when Mika asked for advice and Halmoni said show your sincerity. That will definitely help you seduce someone. Mika was desperate but the usually brusque cold Doha was reached due to her sincerity saying and tearing up she did not want him hurt and he was hurt due to her. I liked they did not DRAG OUT the time thing. But no matter DH really believes her or not, he made the decision to not care anymore. This woman that is always in his mind (when he had no one to that level) making him lose his concentration. Doesn't hurt she is gorgeous. Soo Bong was right, Mika is a threat.  She can be someone DH can really fall for and love. SB will always be someone approved and needed by DH 's family for his material successes/lifestyle to continue.

5 hours ago, sin hoonsim said:

3rd ost 'maybe' by Pentagon

SungKyung/Mika will sing again in episode 6

Thanks!  Sung Kyung actually has 3 songs in the drama (all musical numbers) so far

Dong Jung is a cutie.  He has charisma as well.  Hope he can feature with LSK for one song.

AGB Nielsen

E1 (5/21/18): 1.766%

E2 (5/22/18): 2.103%

E3 (5/28/18): 1.338%

E4 (5/29/18): 1.491%

E5 (6/4/18)  : 1.483%

Cr:

5 hours ago, Nodame said:

Reminds me when Mika asked for advice and Halmoni said show your sincerity. That will definitely help you seduce someone. Mika was desperate but the usually brusque cold Doha was reached due to her sincerity saying and tearing up she did not want him hurt and he was hurt due to her. I liked they did not DRAG OUT the time thing. But no matter DH really believes her or not, he made the decision to not care anymore. This woman that is always in his mind (when he had no one to that level) making him lose his concentration. Doesn't hurt she is gorgeous. Soo Bong was right, Mika is a threat.  She can be someone DH can really fall for and love. SB will always be someone approved and needed by DH 's family for his material successes/lifestyle to continue.

Hi.  I haven’t watched the episode either and I am on the west coast US :)  I like to add to your comment about sincerity tho.

Believe it or not, it is exactly what Beth wants from Do Ha as well.  She said it once that she would marry a penniless DH if he has come to her sincerely so I do think she does love him a little to have waited all these years for his heart to change for her.  What she overlooked is that she also needs to appeal to DH with a sincere heart and shows that she needs him.   I think this is part of the reasons why DH’s heart waver toward Mika and vice versa.  The office incident proves to her that his feelings are sincere and her response to come out honestly with him made the connection possible.  Beforehand, he was suspicious of her reason, chalking it down to his money and position.  I think they see each other at their most vulnerable moment where their true character surfaces.  For that, they can now trust each other feelings.

maxresdefault.jpg1527706148_maxresdefault.jpg80b762a9f8b34857850a0ab11846b248.jpeg?x=  " When I saw you just now, I wanted time to stop in this moment"

Mika's reply " This is what...  Happiness feels like "  All the while the music and words lightly playing in the background " I need you..  I need you".

Gee... This episode was packed with some really amazing writing and thoughts that I still am processing within my mind.  My thoughts may not be in order and it's because there was just so much that would move anyone.  We were given some tender stories by those outside characters like the older man with dementia and his wife.  The writer used a simple bar of chocolate to show Mika at her best.  Later in dealing with the man who stabbed DH and  watching his wife walking into that police station and her words while beating him with her heart honestly telling him we can't live without you... Even later when DH starts to walk away after being moved once again by Mika saying " Mika was right, families can't be nuisances to each other. 

Family is Family...

I loved that DH stepped out of his controlled life and told Beth the truth and didn't wait to do it.  Beth my not be my favorite character but I will acknowledge that I believe in her own way she loves DH.  Yet I believe that DH nailed it when he said to his father " I never had a role model when it comes to love" it was a proud moment as no truer words were ever spoken.  I think Beth is a result of the same she didn't want DH's money that is true.  Yet her mindset in believing that money is the first option when dealing with people, threats and problems.  She has no idea that money can't buy everything nor did she even understand DH's words in I am in love with someone else. 

She goes even beyond that and right away hires a tracker to watch DH's every move.  She calls his father and goes to see his brother and knows just what buttons to push and who can be used to push DH.  She is smart but somehow she misses the real deal and that is, a love that comes to you by force, power, or surrender isn't what she waited for or wanted...  You may fight to capture and protect the source ( person ) but you can never capture what was never yours in the first place.

His :heart:

There were beautiful words including a poem but it's the simple thoughts and actions that moved me the most.  From the beginning when DH said " My Body Just Reacted "  Or when Mika shows him what life would be like with her always seeing and trying to give mercy and caring to those around her.  He sees her words as rejection but it's the opposite, it's really her showing love through protection in looking at his woulds you knew her thoughts and worries.

I want to protect you like you protected me...

My favorite lines tonight were DH's words " I can see your heart "  And Mika's at the end saying to Ms Oh " He's AMAZING... I hid happiness deep in my heart and forgot about it. Because I was struggling so much.  But he keeps finding it and bringing it to me."

Until tonight I always focused on Mika changing DH and she is in just seeing him smiling, laughing, singing and treating those around him with even a thank you.  Yet he is changing Mika in many ways too in believing in her, dancing with her and in just being there for her.  Love can't grow or survive if it is one sided which I hope Beth and even DH's family will learn to understand.  Instead it's the nurturing that two people give each other through love,understanding and most of all forgiveness.  It's LOVE in motion, words and actions always back and forth, up and down and if it's real love, it's all around...:heart:

@Nodame As always  I am so grateful for your translations and insights. 

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

he writer used a simple bar of chocolate to show Mika at her best.  Later in dealing with the man who stabbed DH and  watching his wife walking into that police station and her words while beating him with her heart honestly telling him we can't live without you... Even later when DH starts to walk away after being moved once again by Mika saying " Mika was right, families can't be nuisances to each other. 

Family is Family...

Loved your post. You captured how i felt. This part is the very exact reason why I love Mika. And why Do Ha loves (ok likes if love is too strong a word ) her . He sees her beautiful heart. It's not just a physical attraction.  I come away after watching eps 5 feeling moved and invested. I completely buy their romance. I am not sure if others share my sentiments but there  were so many honest conversations that they had that makes me root for them. That they are really going to be so good for each other. 

Beth...what can I say? She's just setting herself for further heartbreak. Unlike a business deal, whatever her strategies will not win the man over.

And oh the part where he said after "thank you " comes "I love you" ....kkkkk....does this mean the secretary will get an I love you from him soon as well?? 

I love LSY's boyish charms. Hard to believe he is in his late 30s.

-------------------------------------------------

Gif credit : http://captainjoongki.tumblr.com/

tumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo2_400.giftumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo1_400.gif
Spoiler

tumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo8_400.giftumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo7_400.giftumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo3_400.giftumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo4_400.gif
tumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo5_400.giftumblr_p9i43tfRH41vqfmslo6_400.gif

“Whatever the reason is, when I am next to you, my time stops. That is why I needed you. I have to use you. Because of that, I was about to kill you. 

You are the one that has to run away. For me to live, I am using you!”

https://instagram.com/p/BjofrAqAvG8/

LSY is the only son in real life & he has boyish charm @triplem still single, 37 (born 1981)

Have met SangYun in real person, he is 10 times more handsome compared to his appearance on TV screen.

10 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Thanks!  Sung Kyung actually has 3 songs in the drama (all musical numbers) so far

Dong Jung is a cutie.  He has charisma as well.  Hope he can feature with LSK for one song.

I first saw Dong Jun in drama 'Black' & he is cute hehe, if not wrong mentioned during VLIVE fun time, DongJun will have the opportunity to sing as well in About Time. Let's wait 

I wasn't expecting that the grandma can see it too! that explains why he told doha that at the cinema <3 <3MIka time's increasing fast and DOha's is decreasing even though he have many years left for him to live can they  have  happy ending .............depressed2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928 or Mika will choose to die desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

16 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Beth is going to try to interfere with auditions or have a hand in bringing the old love back or both. 

This cat has her well manicured claws out now after Mika...

Exactly right.  That’s why she asked the Do Ha’s bro to interfere on her behalf . She does not want to look like the wicked witch so she’s using a very clever but deceptive way of doing things. I now doubt her love for him. She’s pretty much “selling” off his inheritance to the bro. So what if she doesn’t need the money. That inheritance is not hers to peddle. She wanted his heart so much but now when he clearly says he can’t marry her, she is not able to graciously exit. Basically he’s a toy she can’t have but she won’t let others have it either.

@sin hoonsim He’s looking fine for his age ! In fact I think I prefer him now then when he was younger. Somebody find him a nice girl ! 

39 minutes ago, triplem said:

Exactly right.  That’s why she asked the Do Ha’s bro to interfere on her behalf . She does not want to look like the wicked witch so she’s using a very clever but deceptive way of doing things. I now doubt her love for him. She’s pretty much “selling” off his inheritance to the bro. So what if she doesn’t need the money. That inheritance is not hers to peddle. She wanted his heart so much but now when he clearly says he can’t marry her, she is not able to graciously exit. Basically he’s a toy she can’t have but she won’t let others have it either.

@sin hoonsim He’s looking fine for his age ! In fact I think I prefer him now then when he was younger. Somebody find him a nice girl ! 

Exactly what i think about Beth, he is just a toy for her and she wants total submission from him, i don't think she loves him and i don't even think that she is able to love, she has more an unhealthy obsession with him because she can't have him and so she will try to buy him. She is ready to destroy him and the girl he loves, is this love? Not respecting your other half feelings and decision? Is it love trying to hurt your lover? I know that i would never want to see the person i love to suffer.

From what i understood the new woman is Do Ha first love and will also be Mi Ka musical rival.

59 minutes ago, tianaa said:

I wasn't expecting that the grandma can see it too! that explains why he told doha that at the cinema <3 <3MIka time's increasing fast and DOha's is decreasing even though he have many years left for him to live can they  have  happy ending .............depressed2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928 or Mika will choose to die desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

Why would Mi Ka choose to die? She is not stealing his time, his time decreases like any other person, he will still live 61 years with or without Mi Ka. The only way i see for Mi Ka deciding to leave him is because of all the trouble that Beth and his brother will give to Da Ha, i hope she doesn't do it, i hate noble idiocy, they are in a relationship together they can talk and decide what to do like normal people does.

16 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Can someone put up the segment/video where both time clocks (DH and MK) are running?  Is his going down more than usual as hers is going up?  We are not sure  if he gives his time to her cuz his clock should also be decreasing even if she is not near him?  He’s living his own life too.

Yes, I didn't think she was stealing his time. His clock was just counting down too. I thought once we saw his clock we would have answers, but now there are even more questions.

Archived