[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

Lol, don’t hate me, I’m just poking fun at this. You did a wonderful job @frostflower14 (this is not to poke fun at you in any sense, please don’t misunderstand me :) just the quote made me think of it lol)

BA7-BC80-A-AB1-B-47-A9-8-C94-4-E0-E963-B

o/~ right here waiting ( for you)o/~ Richard marx’ s Song lol! 

The second one is indeed very very hard to translate, I would just put you can treat me with cruelty, but you can’t betray her.

Do you know where no.5 quote from? The episode it’s in :)?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interview with Bai Lu

Translation of the parts relating to The Legends and Xu Kai (Please do not repost without permission or credit):

Q: The Legends is a story about a Demon King falling in love with another Demon King. Which part of Zhaoyao do you feel is most like a Demon King?

A: Zhaoyao's days as a Demon King in the drama are quite brief. Most of her Demon King days are relived through flashbacks, like when she put LMX to sleep. I got really excited watching that scene.

Q: Was the experience of watching the scene better than when you were filming it?

A: I also had a great time filming the scene. Everytime I met Luo Ming Xuan, I would go "Why aren't you dead yet?" and he would go, "Why haven't you killed me yet?"
Q: The Yao Lan couple go through different stages. Which is your favourite?

A: The middle and later parts when all the misunderstandings have been clarified and they are in love.

Q: Which part left the deepest impression on you?

A: Zhao Yao was gravely ill and Li Chen Lan needed Jiang Wu's help. Jiang Wu's condition was that he had to go down on his knees and kowtow to him thrice. The fearless Li Chen Lan who wouldn't kneel down to anyone did so in order to save Zhao Yao. I found that very touching.

Q: What word would you use to describe the intimate scene between Zhaoyao and Li Chen Lan?

A: Huang Tang (Ridiculous)

Q: What do you and Xu Kai do the most on set when not filming?

A: Playing with our mobile phones (laughs). After we had memorised the script and gone through the lines together for the next scene, we would look at our handphones or he would play some games on his phone. We would separately get some rest.

Q: Of the two CPs, Lu Zhi (Zhao Yao and Zhi Yan) and Yao Lan, which would you pick?

A: Definitely Yao Lan.

Q: What is your most frequently said line in the script?

A: Mo Qing and Xiao Chou Ba Guai (Little Ugly Boy)

Q: Is Zhao Yao a female version of "pig trotter"(a term used to describe a man who has changed his affections)?

A: Yes, I guess. She is quite dense when it comes to love. I was feeling anxious for her. 

Q: She can flirt with anyone.

A: Yes.

Q: Do you envy her 'big heart"?

A: You mean the fact that she can flirt with just about anyone? (Laughs). It's quite good that she lives pretty freely, according to her wishes. She doesn't care what others say.

Q: How is acting with Xu Kai in The Legends different from Arsenal Military Academy?

A: Both of us have become more mature.

Q: What is the main difference?

A: There is more romance in The Legends. Arsenal Military Academy focuses more on training at the academy, carrying out missions and fighting.

Q: What was your initial impression of Xu Kai?

A: An ordinary handsome guy.

Q: What about now?

A: A handsome guy who is good at acting and serious about his craft.

Q: What is the difference between acting with Xu Kai and Xing Zhao Lin?

A: I am less held back acting with Xu Kai as we've known each other for a long time. We signed up with the company around the same time and we were colleagues and friends before filming The Legends.

Why we can't blame LCL for being jealous. An analysis of his love rivals.

Rival No. 1: Qin Zhi Yan - the experience of sharing the same face had them closer than lovers. A single word from Zhaoyao is enough to "liao" (flirt) her to no end.

Rival No. 2: Jiang Wu - Born because of Zhaoyao (so a half-son of Zhaoyao). Self-proclaimed that Zhaoyao belongs to him.

Rival No. 3: Qin Qian Xian - a love rival as well as a victim. Was once abducted by Zhaoyao and forced to endure her stare. The debts of love are easily incurred but hard to clear.

Rival No. 4: Lu Shi Qi - brought up single-handedly by Zhaoyao. The words "Our Sect Leader' are always on her lips. Number one big bright bulb when trying to date Zhaoyao.

LCL: I'm still fine, quite green (green means jealousy).  Guess the size of the psychological shadow in my heart.

007DUpiqly1g1722uisc4j31hc0u0e85.jpg

2 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

No prizes for guessing who the uninvited guest is.

Oh yes, ever since it was shown in the song MV that JW is going to interrupt the wedding, I have actually been looking forward to watching those scenes. MQ getting so outright pissed off and faced off against JW should be intense! Though I hope they still manage to conclude the wedding despite JW's interruption. 

28 minutes ago, rainnie98 said:

Oh yes, ever since it was shown in the song MV that JW is going to interrupt the wedding, I have actually been looking forward to watching those scenes. MQ getting so outright pissed off and faced off against JW should be intense! Though I hope they still manage to conclude the wedding despite JW's interruption. 

I am so worried that the wedding will be stopped half way (before the ceremony is done). And then after the big fighting, high probability they will not continue with the ceremony .... I hope my prediction is wrong :tears:. I really want to see them as husband and wife and ruling over Wan Lu Men as power couple :(

MQ's proposal is killing me. MQ is forever MQ, ZY is always ZY, they never change. LOL 17 sent the shoe flying.:joy: TOmr is the wedding everybody!

preview Web 41HD

preview Web 42 HD

TV preview HD

Ideas from the fellow wan lu men members

• (west) SMR "CARRIAGE" 
  • (south) GHG "DRUG HER" 
  • ah da "MAKE IT BIG"
  • MQ "Im going to be straight forward and tell her exactly how I feel" and  3sec later   "I... I....I" "you... you..." :joy: At least his cherry blossom plan worked.

TV preview 2

tumblr_pokkrfPpld1u1iqoao1_1280.png

at least he is not part of the wedding crasher crew.

a32b2c32ly1g17ctvbo6nj21hc0u0k6z.jpg

a32b2c32ly1g17cu0xugkj21hc0u0dqz.jpg

:confused:

8 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Why we can't blame LCL for being jealous. An analysis of his love rivals.

Rival No. 1: Qin Zhi Yan - the experience of sharing the same face had them closer than lovers. A single word from Zhaoyao is enough to "liao" (flirt) her to no end.

Rival No. 2: Jiang Wu - Born because of Zhaoyao (so a half-son of Zhaoyao). Self-proclaimed that Zhaoyao belongs to him.

Rival No. 3: Qin Qian Xian - a love rival as well as a victim. Was once abducted by Zhaoyao and forced to endure her stare. The debts of love are easily incurred but hard to clear.

Rival No. 4: Lu Shi Qi - brought up single-handedly by Zhaoyao. The words "Our Sect Leader' are always on her lips. Number one big bright bulb when trying to date Zhaoyao.

LCL: I'm still fine, quite green (green means jealousy).  Guess the size of the psychological shadow in my heart.

That poster didn’t include Love Rival No.5: Cao Ning

Had the luck of becoming Zhao Yao’s first husband (if only in name) which still caused Mo Qing to be insanely jealous.He suggests to Zhao Yao that they stay married, but Zhao Yao refused because there is someone else she wanted to marry.Cao Ning was there to help Zhao Yao financially when Mo Qing was not present. Zhao Yao now carries the title of widow because she was unable to get a divorce before Cao Ning became an immortal. Mo Qing got angry and tells her to stop mentioning she’s a widow :joy:

Spoiler

That jealousy scene in ep 38 was hilarious!!!

Spoiler

Woah! Today's episodes were great regarding the continuing of the story. I felt so sad for our Doll Girl :tears: and I really don't want QQX turning immortal. He is still way too human for that...and the actor is hot as hell :P. Looks like we are getting to the end of one storyline since it is heating up. I'm excited.

I’m quite nervous now lol. All the happy scenes that I thought was for the ending are getting used up! Now the only one left is the one where she wears white clothes by his “supposed” grave T_T seriously thought the cherry blossom was the ending scene lol! But I guess a romantic proposal is still good xD can’t wait for tonight!

19 minutes ago, Alila Nguyen said:

I’m quite nervous now lol. All the happy scenes that I thought was for the ending are getting used up! Now the only one left is the one where she wears white clothes by his “supposed” grave T_T seriously thought the cherry blossom was the ending scene lol! But I guess a romantic proposal is still good xD can’t wait for tonight!

Me too. I am nervous about tonight episodes since I know those sweet moments leading to their wedding will be stopped in the middle. All I hope is that they have finished the ceremony and become husband and wife.

There is a scene of Li Chen Lan on a something like a raft floating in the sky. I think that would be a scene after his "death"?! To show that he is in a limbo or something so he can still come back to living world. The drama is very tight in keeping their ending. There is nothing in the MVs that is able to tell us whether Li Chen Lan will come back to the living world.

16 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

MQ's proposal is killing me. MQ is forever MQ, ZY is always ZY, they never change. LOL 17 sent the shoe flying.:joy: TOmr is the wedding everybody!

preview Web 41HD

preview Web 42 HD

TV preview HD

Ideas from the fellow wan lu men members

• (west) SMR "CARRIAGE" 
  • (south) GHG "DRUG HER" 
  • ah da "MAKE IT BIG"
  • MQ "Im going to be straight forward and tell her exactly how I feel" and  3sec later   "I... I....I" "you... you..." :joy: At least his cherry blossom plan worked.

TV preview 2

at least he is not part of the wedding crasher crew.

:confused:

I m sooo looking forward to the proposal discussion and proposal scene! This is going to be so hilarious (probably one of the last funny scenes before we go into all the seriously angsty and sad stuff :tears:).

MQ *nervous*: Tonight, the moonlight is very beautiful

ZY: *looks all over the sky and can't find the moon*

ZY: Umm... yeah, black cloud shielding the moon, there is indeed beauty in obscurity

MQ: ZY, is your mood good today?

ZY: Mood?? Not bad. But didn't you notice, today everyone at Wan Lu Men seems a bit weird

MQ: Weird?!!

ZY: It's fine if you didn't notice...

Behind the proposal scene:

Seventeen *gagged* : Sect Leader! Sect Leader!

SMR: Han Guang, Seventeen's strength is great, use the needle to knock her unconscious

GHG: *try and fail to knock her unconscious* Her body is really unreasonable...

Seventeen: *send shoe flying*

Archived