[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

JH is driving to join JA; she is running in the subway and taking the bus to meet him. She takes the shortcut. And she catches people kissing again. She tells them to continue what they were doing... ha ha

JH is there, playing games with SH is his bedroom. JA's mother is happy to JH.

Ok I think it's that still we got.

Ok mama is trying to set JA with a man I think... she shows the photo to JH. JH goes after her in the kitchen

He tells her that he has sthg to say. He is all nervous. She goes to the couch. He kneels.in front of her. She asks what is going on... he is about to speak when JA arrives and sees him like that. 

JA joins him on the floor, kneeling too. Finally, she gets it... she asks him "you too, that's not that...". JH says sorry. SH goes over as she looses her balance and she asks him if he knew. He says yes and she gets angry. 

She is going to be the mean one...

Preview: Omma is being a richard simmons. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s supposed to be serious but I can’t help but laugh at the mom’s reaction. She’s in for a treat.

But if the truth is out and most of the conflict is solved by ep 10, what are they gonna put in the coming 6 episodes, I’m really curious.

ep.10 preview.  JA mom is going to be one tough nut to crack.  she also hurt her arm (coz its bandaged)  

I dont think they are bothered anymore, esp JA.  since they have already told the people, they are really free now  and they are gonna be sweet from ep.10 upto ep.16( thats what i want) 

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Just the most understanding Father ever!

And brother and sister. I totally love how they all came around so quickly. SH now jokes with JH about it; SKS worries for them, Dad too. Such wonderful dynamics between them all... I love how, once they realized how much they love each other, usually because the other takes the blame and asks not to bother JH/JA, they just come around.

I like how the patterns are similar:

- SH relaxes after JH asks him not to be mean to his sister and to take it out on him alone.

- Dad also realizes how much JA loves JH when she asks him not to scold JH.

- SKS comes around after JH says that it was his fault.

But the mother... that's going to be a different story :angry: Let's brace ourselves for this one. I think it might last several episodes...

4 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

But the mother... that's going to be a different story :angry: Let's brace ourselves for this one. I think it might last several episodes...

The mum expressed far too much anger for my comfort.

At the end of today’s episode, when she found out that SH knew about the couples’ relationship, she struck him (even though he reached out to her out of concern). 

In the preview, she was slapping JA. I think she has some serious issues. I understand that Asian parents tend not to spare the rod when disciplining their children but these actions r beyond me... she needs help.

It's very funny the conversation in elevator between JH & YE :grin:

2 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

The mum expressed far too much anger for my comfort.

At the end of today’s episode, when she found out that SH knew about the couples’ relationship, she struck him (even though he reached out to her out of concern). 

In the preview, she was slapping JA. I think she has some serious issues. I understand that Asian parents tend not to spare the rod when disciplining their children but these actions r beyond me... she needs help.

It's forbidden with the law in France ' beating your children " ... maybe going to jail 

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I didn't expect that KS would accept them so quickly! On the other hand, I am glad because this came as a surprise.

If they make her become a villain just because she learnt that her 2 beloved ones were dating then screw up the writer :D glad that the writer is very realistic and knows how the audiences want to see from a drama. I am also curious how the remaining 6 episodes will be

4 minutes ago, diane90 said:

It's very funny the conversation in elevator between JH & YE :grin:

It's forbidden with the law in France ' beating your children " ... maybe going to jail 

except the asian continent,  in other continents its illegal to beat your children.

i will sleep smiling. good to know that we have overcome the 2nd biggest obstacle with ease. despite being the biggest obstacle, JA's mom cant be the sole reason for any break up now that the majority is on their side. right? :)

2 minutes ago, a997 said:

i will sleep smiling. good to know that we have overcome the 2nd biggest obstacle with ease. despite being the biggest obstacle, JA's mom cant be the sole reason for any break up now that the majority is on their side. right? :)

Yes but my question at this point is: There will be a break up or not? :ph34r::lol:

8 minutes ago, diane90 said:

It's a new law (2017) and frankly, that's to everyone's disgression. It's also very cultural. I still think it's ok in France nowadays. It might not be later.

Korea is a whole different thing, notably because of the hierarchy thing. It's a very complicated matter... but it's changing to. In schools for instance, when a teacher could use physical punishement now it's becoming really not ok.

7 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

except the asian continent,  in other continents its illegal to beat your children.

I think it's more of a country thing. In most African countries, it's not illegal either. In Europe, it's different in each country: illegal both at home and schools in Sweden, but only illegal in schools in Italy, in the UK, etc.

That said, even in the US, it's a tricky matter different in every single state. For instance, it's not illegal in Florida, but it's illegal in schools  in Massachusetts, etc.

15 minutes ago, a997 said:

As long as not a your-family-was-the-one-who-killed-my-mother plot then any plot is okay to me loll I don't think that JA's mother will be the biggest obstacle to overcome or to make a genuinely in love couple break up and have a time jump to 3 years later. I hope that the time jump is not because there will be a breakup, instead something that will be a progress to their relationship or something like building up theirselves to become more mature in terms of their career. A breakup that costs 3 years for a crazy in love couple like them is really torturing

3 minutes ago, diane90 said:

In Asian context, although not all Asian parents practise it, it is acceptable for parents to discipline their child using physical punishment (usually caning). For it to be meaningful, it is NOT done out of anger but with intent to teach proper behaviour. Punishment is measured and carried out without violent outbursts.

In this case, JA’s mum reacted out of anger. She was shouting and hitting. Sigh... not a very mature reaction. Contrast this with Dad’s reactions... his actions are well thought out. He waited patiently for his daughter to tell him even though he already knew. He tried to calm his daughter’s emotions instead. 

Mum feels like a bully who has been terrorising people around her either with her words or actions. 

Soon people who feel pushed to a corner will stand up against her. JA, SH, KS, JH and even the dad. I am hoping soon.

6 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

They are so happy and relieved, esp JA.  :wub::wub:

As Joon Hee said when they were watching the old movie that the man in the movie must be really nervous and actually more nervous than the woman in the movie. Inside, our Joon Hee must be more relieved. I don't know why I keep smiling just looking at their smiles. Their adlibs though:wub::blush:

Btw, the mother's reaction is really normal for a person like her who has always been spoiled by her husband and allowed to lead a family just what she wanted, not even asking what her family wanted. She just throws her anger whenever she wants and says whatever she wants to say but no one really makes realize that her behaviour is wrong so she keeps doing what she has been used to do. Everytime she says that she treats Kyung Sun and Joon Hee like her own children, maybe deep down she cares about them but it is not 100% genuine, I kinda sense that she just feels obligated to do so, maybe because she was the bestfriend of their mother, but she always badmouthed about their family and being sarcastic about them

Archived