[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

Actually, the next preview AIN'T looking all that bad.

Trailers normally start by showing the end and middle scenes ... then trail back to the beginning where we left off.

And those end scenes show them smiling together. Hey, at least they ARE still together!

It's NOT like JA got locked up or something, by hissy mom -  OMG she so sounded like a goose! when she almost passed out on  the nightmare that they were dating! :tongue:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 999hearts

It breaks my heart to see KS crying after seeing JA's mom and calling her dad. Then there's JA crying and JH's sad expression in the elevator. I don't think KS would ever think to call her dad if it wasn't for JA's mom. I hope there's a special place in hell for those who belittle and look down on others based on their unchangeable circumstances :angry::angry:

Although it's impossible, I hope JA's mom stops going to her "gathering". I'm not against women hanging out together but I'm against women, especially moms, who meet up only to boast about their kids and their achievements. Such gathering can be very toxic and doesn't do anyone good.

Ep 10 seriously gives me the stress. I was already stressed out yesterday (you know, life...) but I didn't expect watching Pretty Noona could give me extra mental burden :confounded:

With the "2015 theory" being at least 70% confirmed, I wonder if everything in 2018 is gonna be sunshine and roses for our couple...

I am NOT a big fan of KS (actually find her a tad irritating) ...but her 2 crying/sad scenes were quite spot on.

Watching how all KS seems to do is drink and drink when at home every episode ... or call her brother ... she really doesn't do much about her own life, beyond the coffee shop.

And being the big sister with the huge responsbility of a brother = WHY should she be the parent to be responsible for WHO he chooses to date? (Oma is damn double-faced about how she holds KS accountable, and trying to manipulate the situation while proclaiming the 'we're all family' card).

===================================================================

Speaking of Crying scenes  (this is just me) .... but Soh Ye-jin's JA crying scene didn't seem genuine to me - it's just the execution. (some folks do it real well, their noses get red and all ... but this one just wasn't doing it - I just kept waiting for it to be over!)

And I get the feel Appa was trying hard NOT to laugh.   :tongue:

I'm thinking whether the mom and dad's marriage is an arranged one. Cos in the 2nd episode, her mom said her dad got another woman before. This shows he probably loved the woman but chose to go back to his wife due to family and responsibility. Cos I don't see any love in their marriage at all. The mom is selfish, loves to brag and show off to others. 

24 minutes ago, cress_wie said:

Now i wonder why JA's mom being overreacting like that. After i saw this clip i got a point on JA mother she's insecure n afraid about JH more than to her daughter. Mom's scared that JH going be like his father. Except she more worries to hear what her relative, neighborhood n other people about her daughter dating with her little son best friend n has not good family background (even JH  has a stable job n KS has her own coffee shop). 

I think in future ep his father will be showed up, n I'm so curious with a man who stood at the hospital n seating behind appa n SH (hahahha.. Don't blame me please if I'm too much). 

Oh god what should i do when this drama comes to end. i think I'll take more time to move on from this drama. 

I am having difficulties here. JH’s dad was an absent figure. He was not involved in raising KS and JH. How will his unfaithful behaviour influenced JH to be like him? Drama gave hints that JH was raised by loving Mother and Sister. It will be more likely for him to develop respectful and loving relationships.

My sense is more of your second point. Mum’s own insecurities. I don’t think she has a genuine concern for JA’s future. More her own “face”.  How she will be perceived by others. She “welcomed” JH and KS in her home and “treated” them as her children (she claimed). But I’m thinking this is again tied to how she felt it is the right thing to do. People will see her as a virtuous woman who cares for her deceased friend’s children. At the same time, she looked down at her friend for being a divorcee. She looked down at her friend’s children for being linked to a “dysfunctional” family. She is afraid that others will see her children’s choices and laughed at her. 

Her thinking is so ridiculously sanctimonious, she gave me toothache.

I think this thread is kind moving much faster than it used to be. Now it has reached page 77 while a few weeks ago it was quite hard just to move from 1 page to a new page. :D

1 hour ago, MarMi_Lei said:

Hide contents

===========

i hope also they will walk in the red carpet they are visually looks good together, our OTP:wub:

I hope they'll do it! Especially if any of them or wishfully both of them get awards and they thank each other. It will be great

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 11 preview. Including both naver link  and YT clip.

http://tv.naver.com/v/3124134

JH: Dating Jin Ah noona is not a mistake.
Mother: You can’t meet my standards.
JA: Why do you keep saying things are fine every day? Why?
JA: You can get angry. You can curse my mom out.
Gong: Did Yoon Jin Ah come?
BR: This is being done for your sake, so if it’s just talk, then what do you want to do about it?
Gong: We have to find out who has been bothered by Director Nam.
Jung: Oh, Yoon Jin Ah.
KS: Let’s not hit the child.
JH: Should I call you brother-in-law?
SH: Brother-in-law? Fine.
KS: He’s my little brother.
JA: He’s my boyfriend.
KS: Father has come.
JH: What’s the point of meeting him and listening to him? What does he want?
JA: Who else would be so thoughtful of me, even while enduring his own difficulties?
JA: I lied, so what?!
Mother: Move! You, move! I said get out of the way!
JH: I’m fine. Fine.
JA: I’m fine as well. I can endure everything.

Awwww so touching the way they come to each other's support.  And that scene with JH shielding JA from the mother's crazy fit of rage -  :wub:  They are so cute together and act so naturally 

987/5000

if people do not know the story they think it's a reaction of a wife cheated by her unfaithful husband. Enough is enough !
JA is not a minor, she is not a virgin either sorry it's the truth. Why his mother reacted like that I  don't understand. Above all, why at 35 , JA still lives with her parents? I had my apartment at 26 with the loan from the bank. My little sister is going to live in London next month, alone, she is 24 years old!
I think JA is good with lovers, friends, colleagues ...... but she will not be a good wife: she doesn't know how to cook; caring for oneself and others (she doesn't pay attention to her brother either); she drinks, drunk and sings in the street ..... honnestly, if I'm JH's mother, I don't agree either and don't accept her as my daughter-in-law ....
She's not mature, I think KS is more mature than her !.
So, why JA's mother doesn't look well at her daughter before choosing her future son-in-law.
 You see, JA  had a lot  break-ups before; WHY ??? maybe, there are something boring in her .
Luckly, JH really loves her, it's her destiny and her chance too : having a boyfriend who takes care of her : he'll cook for her in the future .... my poor JH haizzzzz !

57 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

This is kind of that nature vs nurture argument in terms of how people end up with certain characteristics. A lot of Koreans (and people of other nationalities) tend to think that blood matters, i.e. that kids inherit all sorts of things from their genetic parents. So, I can see how JA's mother might be afraid that it's in JH's blood for him to be a callous philanderer like his father.

I can see that I have moved the discussion into a nature vs nurture debate. Not my intention. My point is more of mum’s true intent or perhaps primary intent.

I am not too familiar with Korean culture. Is game designing a career that is frowned upon in Korea? Why is mum looking down on JH’s career? 

I am not totally convince that JA’s mum not wanting JH as a potential Son in law is because of his lack of money and/or prestige as compared to better candidates. I really think she looked down on the two siblings because of their father’s behaviour. Not because for fear of them inheriting inferior genes but she judged them because of their association with him. Mum even told SH numerous times to stop associating with JH. 

I was was so disgusted when JA’s mum tried to convince JA’s dad by telling him that she was worried that if JA was to marry JH, she would have to take care of his step siblings. What is the logic here? Please... JH’s dad is in Canada. It sounded so lame to me. All I could see was her trying to cajole dad to her side. Just like how she tried to bully KS into “teaching” JH the right things to do. 

JA’s mum is such an ugly character... hiding her prejudices and selling them off as her love and concern. My biggest peeve is how she treats JA. As a mother and a fellow woman, you can’t marry your Daughter off to a man that your Daughter doesn’t want. I can’t abide with a fellow woman robbing another woman off her right to choose and decide. It is so disempowering. When doing that, she is teaching her Daughter that her opinions do not count, she cannot decide, she cannot be trusted to decide. I am sorry if I came off too strong. Such characters really get to me...

I am going to dread the next few episodes.

The thing is, eventho the mum is so annoying, it’s not something uncommon in most part of Asia. I love the way they portray the mum, because back in my home country, aunties and mums love to brag about the kids, the in laws and they’re kinda nosy LOL (there are no term of minding your own business). And yes, if you’re not married yet, you live with your parents no matter how old you are, unless you work in different city. 

It will take times to tame her mum LOL. Jun Hee and Jin Ah need to be persistent and i would love to see them taking out the last card about Gyu Min. It will be like a punch in the face for the mum who care so much about background but less about attitude.

"I think PD Ahn is a Star Wars fan!!! Take a look at how he featured mum in ep 10."

@luvhollandlop

LOL :D 

6 hours ago, jus-ash said:

I am NOT a big fan of KS (actually find her a tad irritating) ...but her 2 crying/sad scenes were quite spot on.

Watching how all KS seems to do is drink and drink when at home every episode ... or call her brother ... she really doesn't do much about her own life, beyond the coffee shop.

And being the big sister with the huge responsbility of a brother = WHY should she be the parent to be responsible for WHO he chooses to date? (Oma is damn double-faced about how she holds KS accountable, and trying to manipulate the situation while proclaiming the 'we're all family' card).

===================================================================

Speaking of Crying scenes  (this is just me) .... but Soh Ye-jin's JA crying scene didn't seem genuine to me - it's just the execution. (some folks do it real well, their noses get red and all ... but this one just wasn't doing it - I just kept waiting for it to be over!)

And I get the feel Appa was trying hard NOT to laugh.   :tongue:

@jus-ash

I felt exactly the same way about JA 's crying scene - I kept waiting for it to end, but it went on and on!!  I too felt Appa was trying hard not to laugh which brought a smile to my face :wink:

And I have not thought too much of the scenes done by the actress who plays KS so far.  Something about her irritates me - I thought it was just me :tongue:  But her crying scenes were ok!  I could relate

8 hours ago, jus-ash said:

Mutiny in the household.

JA leaves the house. (holy macaroni Mom, your daughter is already 35, for Pete's sakes)

And Appa decides to stand his ground once and for all, and also leave. While obedient SH is also supportive of his friend = afterall I recall both Appa and SH rolling their eyes, making excuses to exit, leaving noodles half-eaten, once Omma started on JH's family (it was that conversation where Oma mentioned that SH should make other intelligent influential friends).

Ha ha I vote for this option!!  

Seriously, if my Mom was going to be so irrational and hysterical, I would be embarrassed.  Not to mention hurt by the way she is ready to sell her daughter off to the highest bidder (coz that's what it boils down to) just to satisfy her ego and boast about it to her friends and feel superior.  That scary eeky experience with that nut case and the mother still rooting for that psycho. 

And if my BF was the loving, manly, good-looking JH - there would be no hesitation in leaving the house at all :tongue:

In the prevew of ep 11, if KS sees her brother hit like that, she feels very bad, broken heart because JH is not only his brother but he is like his son, his baby ...
It is very hard for her to raise him until now. You know that art school fees are very expensives. It's difficult to get in: even you have money, you must have skills : draw;create; imagine ... KS & JH have done very well to become as they are now; JA's mother should be proud to have a son-in-law like that.
  she is afraid that JH will resemble her father ??! she has watched them since he was little so far, she must know how he is right  ????

11 minutes ago, diane90 said:

In the prevew of ep 11, if KS sees her brother hit like that, she feels very bad, broken heart because JH is not only his brother but he is like his son, his baby ...
It is very hard for her to raise him until now. You know that art school fees are very expensives. It's difficult to get in: even you have money, you must have skills : draw;create; imagine ... KS & JH have done very well to become as they are now; JA's mother should be proud to have a son-in-law like that.
  she is afraid that JH will resemble her father ??! she has watched them since he was little so far, she must know how he is right  ????

Agree with you to 100%. JA's mom is exaggerating the situation. But if JH and KS's father came to Korea maybe will be a problem. BTW i really hope to see JH and JA wedding at the end of this kind of story. They deserve a happy life!

1 hour ago, mufalo said:

It seems that the filming is over. Look how they're happy :wub:

Jung Hae In really looks like a young boy in that picture, like a boy at my age (22) and even younger. Looking at their happy face, I believe the ending is a happy one

Archived