[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 999hearts said:

@bebebisous33 oh my god, I agree with everything you said! Each of those points are quite subtle on their own that I hadn't paid enough attention to KS until you pointed them out. I can totally see it now and how much it makes sense. Also, I feel like her abandonment issue is also why she acts somewhat clingier than your typical best friend (or is it just me?) I don't know if she's *that* friend who needs to constantly be updated about every single thing going on in your life or what, but from my point of view, she's preeeetty clingy as a best friend which can be good and bad.

Yes, I feel the same. She is very clingy, when it comes to JA and JH. She often calls JA, gives her a lot of advice, even calls JA's mother. She knows every detail of JA's life and she is the same with JH. She also wants to know everything about JH. I believe that JH somehow noticed it too because he left South Korea for three years and after his return, he refused to live with his sister. He even said that he felt burdened after their father left them. He didn't want to burden his sister, yet I sense that he also felt that she would have been so clingy.

She knows no boundaries, when it comes to JH. He can not lead a real private life. She even looked into JH's sketchbook without asking. She always asks him what he is doing, why he doesn't call her so often aso. 

This is no coincidence that SKS is trying to play different roles in front of JH and JA. That way she is able to push the boundaries:

- In front of Ja, SKS acts like a mother, then like a best friend and even like a noona (f. ex. looking into LGM's instragram account)

- SKS behaves like a mother and a sister towards JH

She changes her role because it depends on the situation where she can use her influence. She makes sure that JA relies on her a lot: the advice, the matchmaking, her attempt to protect her... She keeps criticizing JA a lot for being so weak, yet from my point of view, SKS contributed to this situation. She sees JA as someone who is not strong enough, who keeps making mistakes, who is lacking in judgement and skills (her lack of judgement when it comes to men) aso. However, SKS never stopped JA from dating LGM for a while and she knew LKM, since the latter knew where to find SKS. He knew her influence on JA hence he visited her in order to talk to her. In other words, SKS is a hypocrite to a certain extent as she accepted LGM as boyfriend in the first place.

I would like to underline that SKS's behaviour underlines her abandonment issues. She is actually very dependent of JA, as SKS wants JA to rely on her a lot. She is also dependent of JH. She needs both of them to evolve around her so that she thinks, she has the upper hand in her relationship with both of them. 

SKS won't just feel betrayed, she will be scared because this relationship forces her to change her behaviour and to confront her own issues. She needs to live her own life. All this time, she used JH and JA as surrogates. She had the impression, she could live through them and forget her own pain.      

The commercials before the episode are full of our couple... ha ha. Good for them!

Started!

KS goes back to her place, worried and angry.

JA is crying in front of her father. He asks where JH is and she is surprised but she is still crying. 

JH send sher a message asking if she is okay, he is worried, should he come over. 

JH is on the roof, looking at his phone after sending those messages. But JA's phone is in her bed...

JA cries more, her father is just looking at her. 

JH is trying to work but he is too worried. 

He calls his noona. She seems angry. She tells him to hang up she needs to go. 

KS is sitting on her couch. She is worried I think... she remembers when she told him that JA had dropped by and he missed the turn. She remembers all the signs...

JA's mother and SH called JH. They went first to a doctor? 

Then they are all having lunch. The mother is again talking about meeting a nice woman, etc. Talking about his mother and father. Being inappropriate again. 

He is about to tell her when SH kicks him under the table NOT to do it.

Cut to JA and her father having a cup of tea at home.

She says sorry and he says to drink. 

He discovers how much she likes JH.

SH is making fun of JH for having wanted to tell the mother. They are so cute... he he

JH and JA are in his car. He is looking at her, because she has a puffy face because of all the crying she did. He asked her why she cried... that is why he thinks they should have gone together. 

They are 'fighting' on who is going to tell his noona. He is teasing her again but he thanks her at the end.

JH goes back to his place and sees his book of drawings and looks through them. I think he is afraid she might have seen them... he goes over to her house but she is sleeping. He calls her and asks whether she is sleeping but no answer. So he leaves...

JH wakes up and finds a note on fridge. I could not see what it said...

Coffee shop. That coworker who likes JH is asking JA who her boyfriend is. Geum is also there.

Cut to JH in the elevator to his office. The young cute worker is there too. She asks him if he knows who JA's boyfriend is... ha ha! He tells her that it is him. Ok the whole thing is out. All the coworkers are in it too now! Awesome!!

Noona 2 is bringing flowers to her mom's grave. Those are the stills we saw. 

I feel bad for her... she had to take a lot of responsibilities at her mom's death and she assumed she is strong enough but not really...

JH called her again. He is at her coffee shop. 

Then JA calls her asking where he is; he says office and runs over.

Pervert boss is commenting on how pretty JA has become. Jerk.... 

SKS takes his car to make sure that JH doesn't take JA to her workplace or make things more complicate for them. To me, it looks like she is trying to undermine their relationship. On the surface, she acts as if she knew nothing and she is all innocent.

Office drama. I'll pass that. The guys are visibly plotting sthg. Not sure what...

JH and JA are talking on the phone. 

JH tells JA that he is going to tell his sister. JA runs over, saying she has to do it. She is in a cab, trying to call SKS. JH is over at his place trying to call JA. JA rings SKS's bell, she is behind the door but does not answer... JH goes out and sees SKS coming out of her place and JA follows her. So JH goes back inside... 

JA and SKS at a bar, drinking soju. 

JH goes to his noona's place and sees that she was looking at old photos. 

Back to JA and SKS. I wish I could understand more but they are talking. 

JA says she is sorry that it is her brother, but there is only him.

JH finally gets a hold of his noona. He says it was him. He liked JA too much. He is sorry...

SKS is crying, partly because she is realizing this is for real; they really like each other.

Missed a few scenes; had to get more coffee.

JH is ringing his noona's bell. She says that if he does it one more time, she is calling the cops. She locked her door too. 

He receives a phone call. JA is calling so that she can hear JA and SKS's conversation. They are drinking together, looking at photos together. Seems like things turn out well? Loving this! 

Next morning JH leaves SKS's place and goes over to JH then turns around. She goes to the elevator and he is in there. They kiss as the elevator goes down.

They get caught kissing by 2 ajummas. The 2 ajummas are giggling like schoolgirls after they see them. Ha ha

JH goes to see his noona and he hugs her. He thanks her. She kicks him hard. Ha ha... oh my God, I love this show! Because they are such good friends, it seems like they get over things quickly. I love that. 

SKS says that she went to see their mom. He said that they should have together. She needed to think of what to say...

@carolinedl Thank you soooooo much for all the translations. We're blessed! Im getting butterflies in my stomach now because of your stories/ translations hahaha. Caaaaaan't wait to watch it with subs. I soooo much love this show. So realistic, not stressful or heavy to watch. It will make you feel what true love should be. :heart:

Archived