[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Some bts and spoiler pics of uri JH.  the pressure to go to china on an official trip.

Hide contents

cr:dc

so happy to see Joon Hee and his soon to be brother in law get along again:heart:

I'm excited on their long distance relationship. How things gonna turn out.. This drama is getting ore exciting as time passes but makes me sad too that it's gonna end soon. Made me sad that Ye Jin is almost done shooting. No more BTS and bonding on tapings with Hae In and the whole team. :(

#JungHaeIn : " 'airplane' kiss scene at home the most memorable. Noona and I watched videos of real couples and that scene came up, so I suggested that we try. I think that 'airplane' kiss scene will last in my memory for a long time.":wub:

ZSJVWs.gif

---------------------

Son Ye-jin has never been so blissful as she is with ‘Something in the Rain’

Updated : April 27 2018

(JTBC)

In her mid-30s, veteran actress Son Ye-jin has never felt so blissful in her career that spans more than a decade as she does now. 

It’s rare for an actress not to feel wistful about the end of a project, Son confessed. But this time with “Something in the Rain,” an ongoing JTBC hit series in which she takes a lead role, her time on the set has never been so delightful. 

“I’ve starred in many melodramas, but the reason ‘Something in the Rain’ is so special to me is that I feel like I’m living in reality,” said Son during a press conference for the drama in Seoul on Thursday, attended by co-star Jung Hae-in and director Ahn Pan-seok. 

“My onscreen character, she’s around my age. While I haven’t worked in an office, as a woman in my 30s myself, I could empathize with women around my age, from their relationship with parents, love to work life. I also want my acting to be realistic enough so that it can blur the line between scripted acting and ad-libs.” 

Spoiler

(JTBC)

In the 16-episode romance thriller, which is currently mid-way through, Son plays Yoon Jin-ah, a single woman in her 30s who works as a store supervisor in a coffee shop. In her peaceful yet rather hollow life enters romance, as Yoon unexpectedly falls in love with her best friend’s younger brother Seo Joon-hee, played by Jung. Despite the director’s previous warning against the drama’s lack of dramatic setting, the series has been enjoying popularity, highly acclaimed for not only depicting the love story in the most ordinary yet authentic way, but also for touching on facets of life such as work and family issues. 

Among the many elements that enabled the drama’s successful adaptation of real life was director Ahn’s philosophy. Ahn, the mastermind behind hit drama series such as “Secret Love Affair” and “Heard it Through the Grapevine,” emphasized that there is universality in human nature. 

“If there is any secret to my directing, I don’t think about a trend or hot issues at all when working on projects. As a human being as well as a viewer myself, I scribble down my interests in daily life, and they become the items for my upcoming projects,” he said. 

“I believe that people have commonalities, so that my deepest thoughts, worries and memories may ring a bell in others as well. So I keep my memories and thoughts intact, cherish them in order to use 
them in my projects. And I believe that universality in human nature will be eternal.” 

Spoiler

(JTBC)

While love is the main theme of the drama, Ahn also suggested viewers closely observe how Yoon and Seo gradually grow out their past personas with the deepening romance and influence each other. 
Veering away from a typical romance where women usually appear dependent on men, Ahn pointed out that the drama focuses on a coming-of-age story of the couple. 

“Seo has always been absent at times when Yoon struggles with life. He just comforts her later. Yoon was never a mature character in the first place, but she deals with problems herself, raises her self-esteem and gets stronger after meeting Seo. Seo, also initially an immature young man, becomes serious as time goes by,” said Ahn. 

Jung, who has been put on a pedestal with the nickname “national boyfriend” through the drama, said that he found many similarities between himself and his onscreen character. In order to act naturally, he observed his real life behavior, such as the way he talks, eats and walks. 
(JTBC)

At the end of the event, Son emotionally expressed her affection for the drama. 

“I wonder if I will ever be able to meet this kind of project. ... I usually get out of my roles easily when dramas end. But this one, I’m not sure. I’m actually worried if I would be okay after I go back to reality,” Son said. 

“As an actress, it’s such a blessing that I met this drama,” she added. 

(lotus@heraldcorp.com)

14 minutes ago, Grenna said:

In the 16-episode romance thriller

Can Pretty Noona who buys me food be categorized as a romance thriller drama? :blink: Is it because Gyu Min seems that creepy therefore this drama becomes a romance thriller? Lol. Anyway, thank you for the article that helps us know about the press con

In my opinion, SKS has abandonment issues hence she has never really liked the idea that SJH might get married. She is quite clingy as she enters his flat every time she wants to. While SKS acts like a noona who is open-minded and tolerant in front of SY, there were a lot of scenes where you could observe that SKS doesn't want her brother to become serious with a girlfriend:

- SKS tells quite openly to JA that she will act as a scary mother-in-law when JH brings someone and this underlines that SKS is determined to make sure that the relationship fails as she will do anything to scare any girlfriend.

- Then when SY asked SKS what kind of women JH liked, she replied that JH is difficult, when it comes to women. She never gave a clear answer. That way she ensures that JA's colleague is feeling pressured. She has no idea but she has the impression that it will be hard to impress JH.

- Third SKS lied to SY about the parents in order to dissuade her to pursue JH. SKS is creating a wall by telling her that the father has high expectations for his son. SY feels so small and little in front of SKS. To me, SKS reinforced the impression that dating and even getting married to SJH will be so difficult.

SJH has no idea what his sister has been doing behind his back. It was actually a good move that they hid their relationship from SKS because SKS would have done anything to stop it.

SKS is afraid that SJH might abandon her just like her father, when he finds the right woman. To conclude, SY's move was wrong. She approached the wrong person. She thought that since SKS was nice and comfortable, she could get a chance to get closer to SJH but she failed to realize that behind SKS's smiles, there is pain and even jealousy.

@stroppyse @carolinedl@kaoriharang

Guest 999hearts

@bebebisous33 oh my god, I agree with everything you said! Each of those points are quite subtle on their own that I hadn't paid enough attention to KS until you pointed them out. I can totally see it now and how much it makes sense. Also, I feel like her abandonment issue is also why she acts somewhat clingier than your typical best friend (or is it just me?) I don't know if she's *that* friend who needs to constantly be updated about every single thing going on in your life or what, but from my point of view, she's preeeetty clingy as a best friend which can be good and bad.

5 hours ago, bugcie said:

I'm excited on their long distance relationship. How things gonna turn out.. This drama is getting ore exciting as time passes but makes me sad too that it's gonna end soon. Made me sad that Ye Jin is almost done shooting. No more BTS and bonding on tapings with Hae In and the whole team. :(

I thought SJY and JHI should finish shooting together? How come she finish first? Please don't tell me they won't be together in the ending :(

11 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

I thought SJY and JHI should finish shooting together? How come she finish first? Please don't tell me they won't be together in the ending :(

Many times leads have differents shooting schedule... this don't mean that there'll not be an happy ending so stay positive!!:D

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Nothing too outre or radical, but here is a translation of the clip anyway. This is from before the drama started, and it's sweet how he refers to SYJ as sunbae-nim here rather than as noona as he seems to have taken to doing later on during filming.

title: Introducing Seo Joon Hee

JHI: Hello. I am the actor Jung Hae In who has the role of Seo Joon Hee in Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food. I’m happy to meet you.

JHI: The character Seo Joon Hee who has been living overseas on assignment and have returned to Korea after 3 years is a game designer. Having lived freely overseas, he wasn’t completely happy to return to Korea, but after having met up Yoon Jin Ah, he slowly started changing his mind. Actually, he couldn’t show it and he shouldn’t show it, but…his eyes kept going to Yoon Jin Ah, and he starts slowly becoming different.

Q: Since his first shoot was the club scene, was he taken aback by it?
JHI caption: (shy)
JHI: Yes, the first shoot was one which had a lot of people at a club. Actually, I think I was a little nervous. Because, after I got to the set, there should have been introductions with the director and the staff on the set before we started, but there were so many people there that I think I was completely confused and just did things quickly and thoughtlessly. But then, just as if we were at a club, we were able to have fun while shooting. That was what the director had wanted. And, I also was able to be comfortable and play until we finished. With that kind of feeling, we were able to film comfortably.

Q: What do you yourself think are the attractive points of Seo Joon Hee?
JHI caption: (considering) (considering)
JHI: Well, the man Seo Joon Hee is very honest about his feelings and is upfront about expressing them. That is a very manly thing.
JHI: And, I do hope that Seo Joon Hee’s bright energy appeals to Yoon Jin Ah.

JHI: I believe that a lot of viewers have been waiting for <Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food>.  I, Son Ye Jin sunbae-nim, Director Ahn Pan Seok and the many senior actors hope to show good acting and an entertaining drama, so, we will work very diligently. So, from the first broadcast to the final broadcast, I hope that you will keep watching and being entertained.
JHI: JTBC Fri-Sat drama Pretty No  ona Who Buys Me Food. First broadcast is March 30 (Friday) night at 11 pm! Please watch the JTBC broadcast~!

@stroppyse thanks.. you are my lifesaver.

12 minutes ago, a997 said:

am determined to watch this week's episode raw again. i'd rather know the storyline than wait to understand every word said... :D

hahaha same here. I'm too excited!!!  :D

I want them to see in one romcom after this. Aww I miss them already. :heart:

Archived