Event ideas discussion

Lmangla

Hey folks! hello-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361We are your new event organizers here to create some fun. We have been brainstorming about what we would like to do and we would love to hear from you as well.

Going forward, we are looking at creating two styles of events for the community to enjoy. The first style is the competition events where forum members will get the opportunity to win custom badges, reputation points, goodies. Have you checked out the holiday hunt? Are you in team idol or team saesang? Have fun! well-done-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553

The second style, which may be new to some of you will be mini-events. The prizes will be the fun, laughs, chatter and community engagement. What do we mean?

Omo, when will they kiss? Won't it be super fun to have a kiss bet??

Can we throw a bucket of water on this character? He is the bestest villain! sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363-- kekekek.... all ideas for polls we would like to hold.

Is your favourite oppa celebrating his birthday? Is your inner fan girl all excited because the best k-pop band (in your opinion) is celebrating 5 years? Why not hold a virtual party and invite the rest of the forum to join you in your thread? Intrigued?

Any community games you would like to play?

Let us know your ideas and we will see what we can cook up. hahahhaha...:D

Spoiler

195_by_yoswallow-d6xnnrp.gif

please taste good!! hahahahha... ^_^

Keep checking out this events section for more updates as we twirl our creative wands to try create some fun moments.

-- lmangla, @xscalsve

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have an idea for a whole forum type of game! Do you all know werewolf board game? If not, check it here, but essentially soompi will be a village, and there will be a Seer, a Doctor, and some Werewolves. Normally they only have one or two werewolves, but if it is a big group (like soompi), I think maybe one werewolf per 10 civilians?

Anyway, under a limited amount of time (maybe a day or two), werewolves will PM the game moderator who they decided to kill, the doctor will PM the game moderator who they decided to save, and the Seer name a person and ask if that's the werewolf and the moderator can only answer yes or no. After the due time, moderator announce who was dead, and the thread start discussing who is the werewolf and vote who they want to kill, and the one who gets the majority vote gets killed, and the moderator will say whether or not they are one of the werewolves.

Then the cycle repeats, until 1) all the werewolves are killed, or 2) the number of civilians are the same as the number of werewolves (so 2 werewolves vs. 2 civilians)

The problem of this game though, is that there has to be a limited number of players, so players have to sign up for the game to be counted, because there's so many users on soompi it's impossible to either guess who is the werewolf or to kill enough civilians for the game to be done. Also it's not that related to soompi theme as a major k entertainment overall :sweat_smile: But I don't know! What do you think of this? :blush:

PS: Also the werewolves know one another but the seer and the doctor don't know each other, so maybe for the messenger the werewolves will be in the same group chat but the doctor and the seer will be in separate group chat. The roles can be chosen randomly by the game moderator by PM the important roles (werewolves, doctor and seer) to the respective people.

7 minutes ago, cecentre said:

I just have an idea for a whole forum type of game! Do you all know werewolf board game? If not, check it here, but essentially soompi will be a village, and there will be a Seer, a Doctor, and some Werewolves. Normally they only have one or two werewolves, but if it is a big group (like soompi), I think maybe one werewolf per 10 civilians?

Basically the mafia game and the village of Salem. It was very successful on our chat platform. For the forums, it will be very difficult based on the game design.

16 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

Basically the mafia game and the village of Salem. It was very successful on our chat platform. For the forums, it will be very difficult based on the game design.

I was thinking about it too, and do you think it is possible to make some changes to the game design that will better fit with forums format? The problem I can think of is that people in forums will probably need more time to either discuss and choose who they think is the werewolf. I'm surprised that this game could be played in a chatroom platform, since it lacks the nonverbal and immediate response needed to identify the werewolf, but if it worked there successfully, do you think we can do it here? 

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, amyburgess said:

I missed it ... when it will be possible to visit something like that?

do you mean OTP bingo? or some other event? depending on the type of event, some will be held more frequently while others more on a cyclical basis.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks @sushilicious for the idea; we had a similar writing event called smashup writer's carnival a few months back but unfortunately, there wasn't much response. guess, we don't have too many fan fiction writers at the moment. we do have a fan fiction section and so you can check that out if you are interested. we do have a new event called guess the kiss for this month. hope to see you there. and if you have any other ideas, please do post. have to cook up something for december! :)

A few suggestions for next year? @triplem @Lmangla :)

Spoiler

1- Guess who's standing in the rain? (all night, waiting for the love of his life to forgive him)

2- Guess the drinker? (who's drinking alone in the street bar and drunk dial the wrong person and makes an unexpected confession?)
For Halloween: 3- Guess the ghost! (so many ghost kdramas!)
4- Guess the dandy! (In what TV shows do we have some super dressed, super classy character, who possibly spend hours pampering themselves to look good? I have a funny example, can share in DM if you're interested.) :)

5- Funny dances & karaoke gifs!

6- Funny faces!

7- Love confession gifs

19 minutes ago, dotonly said:

Wait, if i tell you the ep and at what time, that means i can only become commenters on next events...again...

kekekeke... only if it is all your suggestions! :lol: hahahha... dont worry, these guess games will be mini-events and so all about chatting. you can still guess the others..

thanks @sushilicious ; (we had fill in the blanks, writer's carnival, OTP bingo) we haven't exactly had one with continuing the story but your suggested format is certainly stirring an idea that I have had for a while....^_^

• 1 month later...

@Lmangla for birthday:

Warning emo: dont watch sad end dramas.

Hearteyes emo: OTP the one that matters, the rest dont care. BUT, must happy ending. Not accept open. I better not.

Flat emo(?): dramas that only so-so/half heart when watching (dont care how it ends) maybe? Or its the worst drama that not worth to watch even for whole one ep? (used to kept watching, dont know why).

In my case, when you found new world, just kept watching all kind dramas/movies/news out of curiousity. The cultures, languages etc. After get familiar with some stuffs, its time to choose which to watch.

2018 not satisfied, flat emo.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived