[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

0ly40

3 hours ago, cheremaman said:

Although I do ache for Soo Jin and the profound loss of her daughter and the tremendous grief and the long range effects the loss has had on her life, I find it difficult to like Soo Jin. Her quirkiness in remarks and actions, the premeditated marital thoughts that her friend encourages Soo Jin to take action on to snag Mu Han, and her cutesy poo gestures are all what I found unappealing in this character.  I do not find humor nor cuteness in most of her actions. In fact, I find her utterances and thoughts annoying.  I do not see what Mu Han finds appealing in her character except to feel sympathetic to all that she feels and has undergone due to her child's death.  If it is loneliness which serves to draw them together, so be it.  And that is understandable.  

Maybe theirs is a case of their doing became their undoing? We kicked off with frozen hearted MH and unfeeling SJ.

Supposed MH started with guilt. Now that he is dying, he felt the urge to compensate. Upon learning SJ's life turned worse since 10 years ago, MH is trying to give SJ the things she needs to 'live' again. That desperation to make SJ happy - isn't that love? Surely one cannot achieve that with a frozen heart?

SJ needed a branch to hold on to. MH is that branch. She tricked him and vowed to make MH 'live' again. But despite her pledge to make him fly high etc, she froze and never really did anything. SJ acted like she wanted to get MH, but turned cowardly when opportunity presents. But along the way, she became touched by MH's actions and whatever fakeness she began with turned real. No loner is she someone unfeeling.

SJ being annoying I totally understand. But for whatever reason MH is determined to make SJ happy. And she is willing to grasp that. 

Maybe the underlying message is:

1. You need to work for love. MH didn't work for that with SY. So she left him.

2. You need to feel love. SY stopped when her daughter died. So KS left.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropping in to say that I have diligently and patiently watched every week's eps since the first week! Though I thought the pace was a little bit slower (probably because OTP has entered marriage stage), the plot moves along well so I'm motivated to keep watching and not drop out. 

Mu Han's "bad boy" persona from 8 years ago was hilarious and he did a good job acting the "advertising diva" even just for the short film part at the end of every ep. He did well, I could see that he is very experienced as an actor just from the short time of the clip, as compared to the gentle, tsundere but still "love-and-care-so-much" character of Mu Han.

The earring piercing was so off and funny too, was it ever a thing?! I know Gong Yoo has it and he did have a ear stud in Coffee Prince (I have a thing for Gong Yoo and so does many people haha) but I don't know too much about "the history of the male earring in K-drama" other than that.  

Totally agree with @monalisa that SJ looked amazing as a bride. Her makeup was superb! Light, reflective, glowing. I kind of low-key wish that I have this look every morning when I walk out of the house. 

I actually thought that beginning of the first ep where they faced-off and came clean would be the time of honeymoon, I expected a plot reveal this week. It's because the first ep "face-off" scene was by the sea too, so is the honeymoon.

I was wrong -_-

Daughter of Mu Han and Mr. Hot Barista is also another plot angle that I like to watch out for. I just love looking at teenage romance, especially if the male is hot. 

Since Mu Han's wife keeps saying that he doesn't tell anyone he loves them, I fully expect MH to tell SJ that he loves her before the end of the show. Waiting for this moment! 

It's indeed REFRESHING to see a middle aged actor like KWS with earrings!:D

Moreover, as I've mentioned earlier, KWS is also an ARTIST in real life. So it's definitely in keeping with his artistic & non conformist image! Thus who else but KWS is most suitable as SMH? SWOONING over his looks at the PRESSCOM and his reel life MH character!:blush:

Sometimes I feel annoyed when I see childish or cuteness action of SoonJin, wonder if there any middle age woman act like her, haha

But her scene in stair, when they end up kissing is hillarious, and their kissing a little bit hot.

I wonder when ASJ and SMH start liking each other ?

I think ASJ start loving SMH after their kiss and sleep together.

I feel bad for KWS real wife for saying this, but I need hot and passionate kiss again between them :glasses::flushed:

I think all that slightly cutesy and silly things she does is all done with a hint of embarrassment to show that she is awkward and out of touch with aegyo...

smh fell in love with her in her moments of anguish and he was probably intrigued in those encounters with her..

sort of in that oh I want to die moment and she goes me too ...in the airplane...

probably felt like an unexpected response and intrigued him

asj's emotions were very raw....whereas he is the opposite ...almost completely closed off...

and they say opposites attract...

that was my take on how he fell in love with her...

she on the other hand wasn't really looking for love...but who can resist that gaze....:wub:

5 hours ago, randomwalk said:

Hey!  Everyone,

I am a newbie to the forum.  SWKF is deeply touching my heart!  I have not been enjoying a kdrama this much for a long time.

Here is the preview of Ep21-22 

http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/shouldwekissfirst/clip/51540/22000268370

Welcome....and thanks for the preview. I think from now on there's only sad, sweet and heart fluttering scene, no comical and funny scene again...

Kang Woo Sung is really the best in melodrama theme..

13 hours ago, randomwalk said:

Hey!  Everyone,

I am a newbie to the forum.  SWKF is deeply touching my heart!  I have not been enjoying a kdrama this much for a long time.

Here is the preview of Ep21-22 

http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/shouldwekissfirst/clip/51540/22000268370

Thank you a lot for the preview.

These two and that OST are killing me!! >.<

29513243_1311460988955257_56168713404325

29511579_2088899231128129_3374885275562573684_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f0a93d77d20e50c70f55e83395d8d387&oe=5B3F9EE8

29572461_2088899291128123_1335488617646921402_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d1aded69b58698cd1f2362540f1941f2&oe=5B7165B0

Cr. Kim Sun Ah IG, weibo

Is it me, or the dramas I'm watching, or the female actors in the dramas I'm watching, but it seems that women's shoes on kdramas are changing. I'm seeing a lot of flats and sneakers. Sneakers with things other than jeans.

Has anyone else notice it. 

Gosh I hope MH-SJ doesn't turn into another couple with bad communication. Cough*misty*cough... The scene close to the end when both were looking at each other's photos was poignantly beautiful. No words needed except that bittersweet OST.

437hqdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZb8heyaC90lm7XHryrNs

I give you all that I have, all that I am...  Yet I cannot give you one thing...  Time...

" I Would Rather Have 30 Minutes Of Wonderful, Than A Lifetime Of Nothing Special "

Look at me...  Still hoping for a miracle and yet still thankful if one doesn't come.  Every episode I watch I come away thinking that the embraces that we have witnessed are among the best I have seen.  For there is something so real about the way in which this OTP and it's actors wrap themselves around each other as if it's forever & ever...

I love how the writer mixes up sadness with dancing in the street.  With brokenness yet smiles in watching two stewardess's going through their memories of safety while being drunk.  I love how every emotion is brought to life and nothing not even a little blue pill is left unnoticed.  I love the humor among the tears and the realization that no matter where one is in life or how old one might be.  That life is a gift and to strive to live every second of everyday to the best of your ability and to give more than you take. To reach out and love without fear whether you have a day or a year... :heart:

credit and thanks to Steel Magnolias for the quote...

Archived