[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

0ly40

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

I am glad that SJ took it upon herself to invite MH daughter into the home/life.  

It makes perfect sense that she would do that even though I Deun has proven over and over to be bratty. SJ more than anyone knows what it means to lose someone without the opportunity to say goodbye.

For those fans wishing for a child from a long-time cancer survivor and a soon to be menopausal woman, I think MH daughter I Deun is the child they will have as a couple.  SJ will give ID back her father and MH will give leave SJ ID as a daughter.

I think you are right.  ID is the same age as SJ's daughter.  I was wondering why the writer will make such arrangement.  Ep24 gave some hints.  I think ID will eventually become SJ and HM's daughter........My speculation anyway. 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how the story unravel itself with the epilogue at the end of every episode.

But such a sad fate SJ ! I usually dont watch sad drama but I am too much a fan of KSA (since My name is Kim Sam Soon days).
Yes agree, likely ID will be the redemption avenue.

My love for this drama grows more and more with the latest episodes. Even in the saddest moments the story will find something to make us smile, laugh or set our hearts a fluttering. The loyalty of IW to MH and MR to SJ was so touching. I love the dancing queen segment. I  laugh at how SJ was teaching MH how to make dumplings but he was the one who made all nice and neat ones while SJ's were untidy. MH's amused and sad expressions as he watched his wife and her best friend drunkenly did the flight safety demonstration. After he told SJ that he was dying, notice how shaken he was and fearful that SJ would leave him. He wore his shirt in reverse and pleaded with her to stay with him for 7 more times. In fact I love so many things in the episodes. Right now what lingered in my heart is SJ walking MH to the bus stop, they talked about him having scrapped his 15 year-old car, she thinking of getting a bicycle to fetch him, he saying that he enjoyed observing people as he walked and finally waving goodbye to each other as he boarded the bus and then he placed his ring hand on the window pane gazing at her all the time till the bus was out of sight.  Please please let this couple have more time to create as many lovely memories as possible. 

On 12.12.2017 at 6:44 PM, 0ly40 said:

Should We Kiss First?

Original Title: 키스 먼저 할까요

English title: Should We Kiss First?
Genre: Melodrama, Romance
Episodes: 40 (35 minutes/episode)
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2018-Feb-20 to 2018-April-10
Air time: Monday & Tuesday at 22:00 (2 episodes back-to-back)

Director: Son Jeong Hyeon

(Yeah, That's How It Is | Protect The Boss | The Woman Who Married Three Times)

Writer : Bae Yoo Mi

( I Have  A Lover, Sparkling, Who Are You)

Official Site : SBS

Watch it here : Viki

About the Show

A story of the love lives of four middle-aged adults, who have lost their faith in love. Son Moo Han  works as a managing director of an advertising company. Meanwhile, Ahn Soon Jin lost her daughter unexpectedly and she works as a flight attendant. Eun Kyung Soo  is Ahn Soon Jin’s ex-husband and his new wife is Baek Ji Min. (Hancinema)

This is a love story between a man and a woman in their 40s. He was once a popular copywriter. Now, he′s just an old-schooled man who prefers the good old days of analog. He′s a touchy, sharp-tongued man whose life changes when he meets her. She was once married, now divorced. She′s veteran flight attendant but is now being asked to resign. Filled with angst over her life, she believed that she would never find love, until she met him. This is a love story of two grown people who are unskilled when it comes to love. It′s a real melodrama between people who believed they knew what life had to offer. (Viki)

Cast of Characters

Main Cast
Kam Woo Sung as Son Moo Han
Kim Sun Ah as Ahn Soon Jin
Oh Ji Ho as Eun Kyung Soo
Park Si Yeon as Baek Ji Min
Supporting Cast
Han Go Eun as Kang Suk Young
Kim Sung Soo as Hwang In Woo
Ye Ji Won as Lee Mi Ra
Jo Ah In as Eun Ji Soo
Sung Byung Sook as Kang Geum Soon
Lee Young Eun as Ahn Hee Jin

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

9 hours ago, ross27 said:

Please please let this couple have more time to create as many lovely memories as possible. 

SJ birthday is May 1st, the apartment passcode 0501.  We didn't have to know the date; they could had just explained that MH change to code to SJ's birthday.

I suspect May 1st will be significant.  He may live past it or die on it. But it will play a role in the plot as did the pen SJ picked up from MH 8 years ago.

It is probably time to revisit the first episode opening scene and see if we have a better idea of what it means. SJ's line (paraphrase) "you planned it all along" will begin to means something different.  The sense of betrayal in the line will resonate differently.

Every episode of this show has been so good and for me this week's Eps have been the best so far.

It's both funny and sad how MH tried to convince SJ that he has never loved her but at the same time he showed his love in front of her unconsciously. I think SJ could feel it...

I love the bus scene, how MH said SJ made him feel warm. Although he didn't say it directly, SJ understood it...

In next episode there won't be any sweet scene anymore... I also hope it won't take them too long to solve everything in the past so our couple will have as many Eps as possible to create more happy memories together, and with YD too...

11XQRMK.gif

r26V6xC.gif

h1byFPc.gif

Spoiler

qGOjuZ6.gif

Dke8TM0.gif

g2jjwX1.gif

Cr. SWKF DC

4 hours ago, monalisa said:

I don't understand MH's treatment of his daughter. Why is he so cold and unfeeling toward his only child?

I think we will get to know more about this in upcoming Episodes :wink:

New pics:

hfEisyn.jpgzr3Fy7W.jpg07zizq7.jpg

Source

Dancing Queens:

Spoiler

29683768_2095353730482679_59983259490637

29594413_2095353803816005_42189580006424

29683674_2095353887149330_59290400035042

29573314_2096095390408513_16779351207158

29597585_2095353970482655_75600737742490

Cr. Kim Sun A IG

Fan-taken pics from filming location last night

(*spoiler alert :))

29572588_2096360460382006_6953275103307929572361_2096360510382001_72701376458231

8rIIcAf.gif

Cr. SWKF DC

@mintea18  Thank you so much for the gifs of the bus scene. I love that scene so much. Throughout his walk to his seat, he was looking at her. When seated, he nodded to her to acknowledge her waves and then he placed his hand on the window to reach out to her. Thank you too for the other pics and the spoiler alert pics. I can't wait to see MUJIN couple just walking together, sitting together, sharing everyday life together! 

Based on the filming sightings, our OTP looks like their at a good place with eachother despite the revelations we had so far.

I googled Apollo today ad found out he is the Greek AND Roman God of music, art, poetry, prophecy, plague, light, kmowledge etc.

I suddenly thought what if MH accepted Apollo Confectionery's offer to produce their add and incorporated some form of apology in it. A touching advertisement. And MH did it whole heartedly, gaiing back his will in his profession...

22 hours ago, monalisa said:

I don't understand MH's treatment of his daughter. Why is he so cold and unfeeling toward his only child?

I guess it is MH's way of protecting his daughter from his upcoming death.  He seems to think his love ones would suffer less if they were not closely connected to him.  He is treating SJ in the same way. He pushes SJ away once he realizes that she is  truly in love with him.   

I guess SJ and ID may change his way of thinking in the upcoming episodes. We will see.

Also, MH seems to bear a certain level of bitterness towards his ex and her family.  I guess it is understandable.  MH has an artist's soul and soft heart.  He does not seem to be a  "Chaebol" type. 

BTW, I actually enjoyed watch the iMAD team. The interactions between MH and his staff are kind of cute.  LOL

Now that we have passed the halfway make is was an interesting experience going back to watch how nicely constructed the drama is.

What I realize

1- From the beginning the drama sets up that MH is meticulous regarding his choice of writing implement.  Because of this it is unsurprising that eight years later he is still using the same make of pen.  The pens are probably very expensive which is why the monogram.

2-I know that kdrama love to redeem folks so that everything ends with a sense of family reconciliation.  Right now, and from the very first, BJM is irredeemable.  She is worse than ID.  From the very first she delighted in SJ failures and was happy to help those failures come around.  

We have no idea of how JM's affair with KS started so it is easy to blame her and find her a vindictive, insecure, tormenting bully. It is quite possible SJ did something horrible to JM that warrants JM's behavior, but the drama has not hinted at that so far.

3-It seems that KS and SJ's relationship goes back as far as the creation of their identities and man and woman.  SJ was a part of KS family early as was deeply embedded in the heart of his father. SJ and KS loved each other deeply.  As annoying as I find KS behavior I am accepting that for him, he never knew a time when he didn't love SJ and did not feel responsible for her.  Even if he is able to unmarry her on paper he doesn't seem able to do so in his heart and mind.  And even if he did unmarry SJ in  his heart and mind, she will always be family because they grew up together, shared and lost a daughter together.

4- From what I've seen of KS, I can't imagine him making false promises of JM because he is transparent and a very poor liar. Therefore JM should have understood to some extent his attachment to SJ and stop punishing SJ for KS's behavior.

Yes, KS behavior is over the top and almost always out of bounds. But JM is ridiculous. She is petty and truly and an impossible wife for KS in their current situation. She makes them both unhappy. I can understand and support her when she gets upset at KS for hovering over SJ's life.  But when she is upset that KS's first kiss was with SJ in the ninth grade it makes her seem petty and pathological. 

I'll change my opinion if the drama does something to show JM in a better light.

5-  For me, MJ paying for SJ to join a dating service doesn't work.

Nor does her angst over MH imminent death.  That doesn't improve anything.  

Her constant invasion of SJ's privacy is appalling.  Her informing people that SJ is dating without SJ's knowledge  and her telling people that MH is dying.  MJ is the kind of person if I knew in real life I'd duck around corner to avoid if I saw her coming.

6-In the first episode MiRa said that MJ was the reason why SJ was in debt.  I don't remember hearing a full explanation of SJ debt and MJ's involvement.

7-MH conversation with SJ during the turbulent flight six years ago has a very different meaning now that we know what happened eight years ago.  It sounds less as if it were about the present six years ago than it did originally.

In that scene MH looks so exhausted, perhaps a little drunk or hung-over. 

8-MH has had the omniscience perspective and through his eyes we have come to understand what happened to SJ. 

Because MH is the "narrator" and he is not given to share with his friend, we have little information about his life over the past 10 years.

23 hours ago, monalisa said:

I suspect it is a wrong-headed move to lessen her grief at his passing. I think he believes if they don't get close that the pain of the loss will be less. I don't think he has taken into account how she will feel at the thought of him suffering dying alone.

I've never felt that his choice was because he did not care or ID.

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

4- From what I've seen of KS, I can't imagine him making false promises of JM because he is transparent and a very poor liar. Therefore JM should have understood to some extent his attachment to SJ and stop punishing SJ for KS's behavior.

I guess an unexpected pregnancy is the only reason for KS to marry JM.   In one episode, JM said that SJ blamed her family for the death of her daughter.  The statement may be correct to a certain extent. For years, SJ was consumed by lawsuits.  The family situation must have been tough for KS.  I image that he was just seeking a break from his family situation.  And yet, JM got pregnant.  He had no choice, but took the responsibility.  

Personally, I do not particularly like this character, but I do not hate him either.  

3 hours ago, hushhh said:

I suspect it is a wrong-headed move to lessen her grief at his passing. I think he believes if they don't get close that the pain of the loss will be less. I don't think he has taken into account how she will feel at the thought of him suffering dying alone.

If you're angry at someone and not close to them their loss will not affect you as much and the anger will supersede the sadness so the loss is less acute. It does work but it is an immensely cruel thing to do to the daughter.

@mintea18, I cant thank you enough for sharing all those lovely gifs of our Mujin's unforgettable moments. :D

So from your latest sharing, we'll get to see more sweet moments of our OTP despite what SJ found out last week.:tongue:

Could SJ be keeping her discovery a secret knowing that he's dying? But knowing her type of character, I wonder if she'll do that. Will she confront him? :ph34r:

I just cant wait for Monday to come! SWKF is my drama crack for 2018 & KWS & KSA must win awards at the end of year for their stellar acting!:wub:

On 3/31/2018 at 2:51 PM, hushhh said:

Like you and @randomwalk  , I also think that he was protecting ID by distancing himself from her .  But I feel that  he should  consider that this may not be good for her. Her grief may be even more if she missed out on spending time talking and connecting with her father. The fact that she came back to him fearing that he would forget her if they stayed apart much longer showed how much she missed her father.  MH's assurance to her that he would be able to recognise her (when she told him of her fear) and that he would always  be with her attests to his love for his daughter.  With SJ's invitation to her to move in with them, SJ and ID will bond in their love for MH and may be the ones to make a miracle happen for MH.

Archived