Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

34 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Kudo's to Bah-Doo who pointing out that the guests were all wearing black in the wedding scene as if it is a wedding-cum-funeral. Was that intentional?

It's a common dress code and etiquette in Korea for guests of a wedding ceremony to wear darker/subdued colors so not to become flashy or attention seeking than the bride and groom itself (The two are the main star so they should be the brightest ) . So it's but normal for them to wear black :) . 

• Like 6

MH and SJ makes such a lovely bride and groom they could be wedding cake toppers.

negative opinions

Spoiler

The one thing I can't get use to, even though it is necessary for "soap operas" to people just walking into the lives of others and pushing their nose where it doesn't belong. 

MH's ex-wife talk with SJ, was nothing but plot device poorly executed. 

SJ's ex-husband's current wife and her full of feelings crap that requires her to spill the beans. She is one of the most preposterous one- dimensional shrill illogical characters.  She is kind of insulting to women. 

SJ family's  interference was cute this go round.

Is this the first time it was made clear that SJ remembered MH from the flight and the zoo?

When was  MH's first cancer diagnosis?  I thought he said he beat it six years ago.  I remember linking it to the last time he said he had sex.  It was six year to SJ's ten years.

Baby Dreams.

I'm not sure how realistic this drama want to be, but it is intend to have any relationship with reality a baby is unlikely. It is my understanding that chemo and radiation treatment can cause mutation in cells and reproductive cells are particularly vulnerable. This is why people wear vest that cover their gonads when getting extra at the dentist. People who intend  to have kids after successful cancer treatment are counseled to harvest their reproductive material before they begin treatment. Also, I think SJ is 45. While becoming a mother at that age is possible, it carries challenges. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

When was  MH's first cancer diagnosis?  I thought he said he beat it six years ago.  I remember linking it to the last time he said he had sex.  It was six year to SJ's ten years.

Baby Dreams.

I'm not sure how realistic this drama want to be, but it is intend to have any relationship with reality a baby is unlikely. It is my understanding that chemo and radiation treatment can cause mutation in cells and reproductive cells are particularly vulnerable. This is why people wear vest that cover their gonads when getting extra at the dentist. People who intend  to have kids after successful cancer treatment are counseled to harvest their reproductive material before they begin treatment. Also, I think SJ is 45. While becoming a mother at that age is possible, it carries challenges. 

When his doctor informed that the cancer has recurred, MH said he thought they got everything out (including his spleen) in the last surgery 6 years ago. The diagnosis should be much earlier.

I have limited knowledge of cancer, but would MH be able to procreate if the last chemo or whatever treatment he had was some 6 years ago? He has been cancer free for 6 years. Otherise MR was ironically correct when she called MH a seedless pumpkin. Sad joke indeed. Nevertheless, while the notion of having a baby from MH is sweet, wouldn't that be quite bitter as well? And sad for YD too?

I do hope that MR-IW is at least a couple with joyful news. While MR is a bit of an airhead, she has been very supportive and protective of SJ and her husband is very sweet too.

• Like 4

No matter how hard MH wanted to give SJ the cold shoulder, he loves her too much to carry that negative emotion long. I love it that SJ cold shouldered him back. It was so adorable how he coaxed SJ to eat the meal he cooked. 

I am bad at guessing so I will wait patiently for MH to reveal what was it that has made him felt so guilty toward SJ. 

Wedding - yay! A lovely, gorgeous couple! The ladies were all crying. One cried happily for her dearest friend. One cried happily that her husband's ex-wife is finally `out of the way' but still sad that the new husband is terminally ill. MJ's mum and sis cried for their beloved gal who is finally finding some happiness after 10 years! One cried because she has lost her dad (or maybe she has grown up a little and now understands her dad deserves some happiness).

I am so looking forward to their honeymoon holiday! They bicker like a much married couple! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gladys57 said:

Then that sad, haunting OST used for MUJIN's sad moments was simply so sentimental. B)

It's out on youtube. I like it too. But to me it sounds like a happy, sad song. It was a bit of a surprise because it sounded quite 'young' for our OTP. But it seemed to be right for that moment.

I have a weakness for sudden, unexpected, deep longing love plots...:confounded:

• Like 5

Hello everyone! A newbie here but I hv to join the chats as I love this show to bits!! I hv always love KSA but am beginning to fall for KWS too! Gosh, they are both excellent in their roles! And finally KSA is acting with someone older than her....excluding CSW in Cityhall (my all time fav)!

My 2 cents worth, the baby theory is plausible as why put in all the baby dream bits? After I read the threads, it dawned on me that the writers may take that route although I am still praying for a miracle that MH would live on, pleasseeeeee....He & SJ deserve some happiness!!!

• Like 5

I suppose that scene on the beach was when she finds out it is cancer....all the lies and such what they showed first episode. 

• Like 3

Can't stop myself from watching the raws. That mere seconds of flashback... Daebak Kam Woo Sung!! Younger MH's body language and mannerisms was waaaaaaay different from the current one. As if they are different people.

• Like 6

I wanted to watch the raw version tonight...But...my work is stopping me..So thank you so much chingus for your meaningful insights about this drama..
<3 <3 <3 

• Like 3

Why today episode feel so sad? Even the trip feel so sad. I think it will be romcom drama, but it turns out melo drama. But I have I hope writer will give us happy ending. Do you realize that MuHan hair cut in the very beginning episode is different than in current episode? It longer. Maybe he will dissaper for some treatment, and back after years, and meet again SooJin in that beach...:confounded:

• Like 5

188000202020.jpggiphy.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSublBNqvEOvoDazBg2JH0

" Where does a shooting star go, When it disappears?  It will remain in someones memory."

Like the delicate snowflakes that like a blanket covers my land so it is with the sense of sadness that covers this story tonight.  Maybe it's those little and simple things like the curves of a loved ones face or the feel of their lips that people often overlook and take for granted.  Having the warmth of someone you love beside you or laying in bed listening to them breathe or your head pressed against their chest and hearing their heartbeat while they are at rest...

My mind wondered and reflected in just watching our OTP and thinking what was MH's view whether under the stars or beside the ocean.  He said " the stars comforted me " how right he is.  That often we are humbled by life itself in realizing how small we are and how big everything is around us.  You can see it in a shooting star, you can hear it in listening to the waves rush to shore.  Feeling life moving all around you and most likely him wanting to soak up every part of it he can.  Wanting and needing nothing more than time.  Time to breathe in every scent and moment he can with SJ...

Realizing tonight why he felt guilty and why he never made a move closer to her when he had so many chances is a part of that sadness. Always so close to her and yet so far.  Always within reach but never holding on.  Always wanting forgiveness through his actions, comforts and deeds.  Yet never being able to say the words. I'm sorry... Forgive me... Please...

Somehow as the flashbacks came to mind I was thinking if I were SJ and thought back to all those times MH was there for her.  Even thought about the times like paying off her debt that she didn't know that he had been there for her.  Always like a shadow one step behind her with his humble heart in his hands...  How could she not love this man?

If the Writer and PD could really grant a wish or a miracle it would be so nice if it was a gift for MH...  LIFE...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Funny, beautiful, sweet, funny, sad, episode.

I thought I had post \ed my evolving theory of MH connection to SJ daughter's death, but I hadn't.

I had begun to think that MH association in the tragedy was a failure to act.  Something along the idea that MH had seen the accident was about to happen, and instead of running in and snatching the child out of harm's way, he froze. 

I am totally surprised to see that the inaction was a deliberately made choice.

I guess one sub-lesson of this drama is that impending death improves personality.  I suspect the MH, whom I adore for his generosity and patience, current personality is a result of his original cancer scare. 

The drama gave us access of the truth of who MH was previously: unforgiving, unloving, and unwilling to lie even to comfort someone. Unfortunately the message came from a messenger we were destined to dislike, MH ex-wife. To the audience she was interfering, unfaithful, snobbish and a threat to our OTP, therefore it was easy to dismiss or minimize everything she said.

With the new lawsuit MH and SJ are on a collision path.

I guess the overall message of the drama will be about making amends, forgiveness, letting go and going on.

• Like 6

my first post.  OMG!!!!!! KSA what an actress she is !!!!!! Wow!!!! i love her to pieces.  Her witty acting!!!!!  KWS is my new addict.  woah!!!!!! these two are bringing my screen on fire back and forth.  So many meaningful dialogues.  What an arrogant bas**** SMH was when he was 8 years ago? I think after that he would have been diagnosed  with the cancer. 

He should be the petitioner who shd have applied for the retrial against the apollo confectionary which he missed 8 years ago.  I think she will get a huge compensation money in this and i also think he will leave her back his inheritance.  Hope that the writer does not kill our SMH character.  I dont think there will  be baby scenario.  Its difficult for  a cancer patient who is on the recovery will be strong enough in baby-making.  

SID will realize her mistake and confess her wrong doing, becoz  of which ASJ will get her flight attendant job back  She will finally get all at once but cannot enjoy it.  I mean, the compensation money, her job and SMH's inheritance but will be left alone with his memories.  I dont like it.  so please writernim, if there is a time jump, please saver uri SMH ssi.  cheabal yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

Addict here....and bahdoo didn't do a live recap...

What happened in ep 19/20?

What did MY do or not do with regards to the lawsuit... and why did her daughter die?

Some toxin in the confectionery?

Thanks in advance:D

• Like 3

If we were to follow logic, then MH will die. He should die. I mean, he has stage 4 cancer, not operable, not treatable. His future is very bleak. Best case scenario? Drag it for a few months. But for the show to remain realistic, he must die. I don't hate that man. But I'm looking at this STORY.

As they get more tangled in love, MH's passing will be a heavy burden for SJ to bear. From Apollo she wants apologies and compensation. MH, who indirectly played a part in SJ's predicament is sorry and his death will compensate SJ material wise. The baby theory is nice but sad too.

My evil guess

Spoiler

is MH dies. SJ gets preggers, but passed away in childbirth. Baby is saved and will be adopted by IW and MR. But because this show is great, it will not be a total MakJang, there will be heartwarming funny scenes here and there.

I'm glad they didn't turn SY into a full fledged b****. I also wonder if SY and YD know/understand that MH is dying.

Remember when MH's colleague told her workmates how MH lost his will 6 years ago? No wonder he is always ignoring things. But you see the fire in his eyes when he gets firm/determined about certain things. For instance, MH's face when he wants SJ to return his book, when he scolded her after he found out she moved, the confrontation with SY about marrying SJ and his arrogant young self.

• Like 7

It occurred to me that it might have been MH's property SJ trespassed and vandalized. And MH might have been the one to press charges against her.

I don't think it is likely, but I do think it is possible having met MH from 8 years ago.

Trying to keep track of the flashback/ story of their past.  I misremembered them all happening at the end of the even episodes, which they did, but many also happened within the episodes and I couldn't check those. 

E2: 6 years earlier. Something she forgot. MH follows SJ from the airport. She drinks alcohol in her water bottle. MH discard his family (picture).  SJ throws away and retrieves MH family picture.

E4: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. Trip from airport to the zoo. SJ crying. 

E6: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. Suicide attempt. trip in ambulance. MH whispers to SJ.

E8: Something he cherished, something she forgot. Continuation of 6 years ago. After suicide attempt SJ wakes up and repeats what MH said to her.

E10:  11 years earlier. Something he cherished, something she forgot. The cemetery. MH very practical and unsentimental with his wife. Hears and see SJ crying.

First time I saw her she was crying, Second, third, fourth time she was crying [paraphrase]

1- Cemetery-?

2- his office asking for help?

3- Airport to hospital?

4 - ?

E12: no flashback. Just, "We are not allowed to love each other."

E14: no flashback. MH's voice over.

E16: Two months ago. What you cherish cannot be forgotten. MH told he has three months to live.  He had surgery six years go. [This is in the same time range of SJ's suicide attempt. The shift in his worldview is probably related to both these events.]

E18: Memory over love. MH and SJ's wedding.

E20: Eight years ago. In between time. SJ ask MH's help in her law suit regarding he child's death. He doesn't even consider it.  He walks pass her grieving in the snow.

At some point SJ hasd the vandalism charge and some mental health issues.

MH told his ex-wife that he knew about 2008 (which would be 10 or 11 years ago).  MH  told his ex-wife that SJ was a criminal she was sixck.  If he believe that 10 years ago then it makes his behavior reprehensible 8 years ago.  If he came to understand that after seeing her through her suicide attempt then it is less egregious.

Whatever triggered SJ's "traumatic amnesia" what caused her to not recognize HM but have happened after he ignore her cry for help. I wonder if she recognized him on the flight and seeing him was a part of the reason that triggered her suicide attempt.

I can't remember how old her ex-husband daughter is and how long he's been re-married.

• Like 5

I simply love ep 19 to bits! MUJIN'S honeymoon trip is PURE GOLD! Our MUJIN wearing couple sunglasses. SJ's comment to the young guy after MH's jealous action , "One gets angry easily when one gets old!" The bickering between MUJIN is soooo witty and SJ even called him "ahjushi".:D

But the BEST moment for me was at RAILBIKE ride when MH cheekily told SJ to be responsible for aggravating his week knees when she pestered him to ride faster. Their argument stopped when the other older riders behind them sang the trot classic, "What's Wrong With My Age!" I love the song and this  hilarious moment!:blush:

The scene of all scenes happened in the beautifully litted TUNNEL (with the haunting OST being played)when our  MUJIN marvelled at its beauty and MH apologised to each other. They look soooo happy together! My heart fluttered seeing KWS's dimples while he smiled!:wub:

@pad-hariwelcome to this nice and cozy thread! I only post on QUIET threads as I dont go for internationally acclaimed dramas. It's been a while since 1%! You'll love KWS as much as HSJ!:tongue:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

From your recap of the flashbacks

11 years ago...he first saw her in the cemetery...

Then she was likely grieving for 2-3 years and starting her lawsuit 

This would bring us to 8 years ago

In which time her husband then started an affair and got jimin pregnant

They then divorced 2 years later...they met at the court steps.

This would be 6 years ago...coinciding with his diagnosis of his cancer/breakdown of his own marriage...

Then the airplane incident and he followed her to the zoo, she then attempted suicide at the zoo..

So the crunch time when he might have a part to play in her misery was between 8 to 11 years ago....

• Like 6