Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Should We Kiss First?, 키스 먼저 할까요

they've barely started to enjoy their love and they are going to kill him????

Thought it would be a lighthearted romance ... :crazy:

Think the family checking MH out was to be a brief respite from what's coming up. 

Hopefully they will handle it as eloquently as they have done....

It really strips them bare....both literally and metaphorically....but I wish asj would get a break....

Can see why she is desperate to guard her heart....

Since it gets regularly ripped out and shredded by life...

• Like 5

Last night we were delivered some really shitty news.

Spoiler

Some viewer theory about the terminal illness plot was true after all. So apparently MH is a cancer survivor who is unfortunately experiencing a recurrence. A mighty bad one too. From the looks of it, the ex and daughter do not seem privy to this information. I respectfully hate the guts of the scriptwriter, who boldly gave us a hero who would medically expire within 1 month of the first episode. Gosh... And to add more unpleasantness, we are also entering the "misunderstanding" phase, where MH-YJ will face their first serious bump s a couple.

But nevertheless,  it still amazes me how much heart this show has. When MH-SJ had that embrace, didn't all of us feel relieved and somewhat victorious? The show also kept some funny moments with MH's exposure scene (I bet he did that on purpose! :tongue:), SJ's funny inner monologues. I did wish that their kiss be a bit longer, considering the drama title. But in general I was happy for both MH-SJ for taking their relationship to their next level without hidden agendas. SJ on the outside always seem the bolder of two when initiating contact, but do see that she is actually very nervous when things began to get real. That awkward kitchen counter scene still manages to make me LMAO.

Then poor, poor MH who just had to learn about SJ's situation from KS and hear about SJ's deviousness within hours. How it is going to hurt if he learns about her faking liking him at the beginning of the series. His not so pristine health condition added with the juggle between sincere/fake SJ, the interference of SY/YD, the concerns of people around SJ (her friends and families) and the battle with his own heart is a mountain (Himalaya?) to climb.

I like Kam Woo Sung's voice whenever he is doing his monologues, but I like it more when his temper is rising - when MH put YD in her place for questioning his relationships, when MH demanded SY to leave his library and especially when MH barked at SJ last night... And a pissed of MH is really sexy hahahahahaaaaa....

I wonder if the broken car epilogue took place after they have resolved their issues? Had SJ learnt of his condition by that scene?

Damn the producers!! I should've sniffed tragedy the moment MH took those pills in front of SJ....

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

This is the 2nd drama in a row with terminal illness in the plot starring KamWooSang

• Like 6

So they crossed paths at the most emotionally fraught times in their lives.

a) when she is burying her only child.

B) When he is battling cancer for the first time.

The conversation that MH overheard hurt him deeply. 

A sweet and sad episode.

• Like 4

I watched the episode at midnight my time and the MUJIN morning after monologue hit me right in the gut. It's around 9 am here, and I am in tears watching that scene again...

Dramas arouse seriously overwhelming  emotions, but I successfully push back the tears. Until today. I went to sleep with a heavy heart, but the dam broke today morning ... I should be doing my philosophy paper, reading for my make up CAT, revising for exams, but I DON'T CARE!

29178256_10155860550340412_6839398342130

SJ: thank you.
MH: For What?
SJ: For your gaze.
MH: My gaze?
SJ: the feeling that someone wants me. The feeling that someone chose me. It's been a really long time. I'm a woman  too. I'm a person too. I am a person that's alive.... Thank you...

Dammit writernim!! That was a moment of honesty and vulnerability for someone who has been shafted by life, someone with no hope, who doesn't want to live, who just wants to go through the motions while giving the bare minimum in a world that has been absolutely cruel to her, that has taken love away from her... she still wants to give love a try, to open herself up to the world, even though from past experience, the probability of her being forked over is high...  that's courage right there.

Also... I was absolutely dying at the Putcha - Putcha hands up move.:D

29136329_10155860550265412_2906717695780

Someone PLEASE TRANSLATE the dialogues that were not translated in ep 15!! I wanna hear the nasty stuff!!:tongue:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I love MH's passionate vow, "I'll be here in May!" at the end of this episode! :D

YES! With the WILL to live,  with the LOVE of your life (SJ) beside you and prayers you can overcome cancer, MH! One of my own classmates did overcome stage 4 liver cancer and is now living healthily.:tongue:

Even if his wish didn't come true, I will  still love this drama to bits! Every MUJIN moments together is pure gold to me. I giggle like a teenager whenever I watch their scenes and their dialogues are so sexy! Heee! :heart:

• Like 6

There are cancer survivals who suffer recurrence but manage to overcome the relapse. So why not Mu Han? While a small part of my heart says that I must be prepared that he will not be able to enjoy the cherry blossom season with Soon Jin, a bigger part of my heart says that he will survive, with a renewed 20-year old heart (in a 50-year old body) and get to live with Soon Jin day after day, always for the present, always for the moment.

Of course I was saddened when I first watched his consultation with his doctor, who seemed most unsympathetic, cold and too objective, without a shred of hope for his patient.  Some friends in this thread did raise the possibility. Still it was a miserable shock. But, I live in hope as I say in the above para. 

Why did he ask her to marry him after having overheard Soon Jin's telephone conversation with her friend that he is the host and she the parasite and whether her fake love could even turn into a real one. Is this the moment when he started on his `plan' as mentioned in the first scene/first episode? And what did his ex-wife mean when she said that he was feeling guilt with regard to Soon Jin? I am so impatiently waiting for all the answers.

@USAFarmgirlsaid that this drama has already given her more than enough.  I was nodding my head to that. I agree totally.  For me, it has given me more than enough. But of course I still want more of our MuJin couple.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For those who had guessed that Mu-Han had some sort of illness, kudos to you.

For those who had guessed that Mu-Han had something to do with Soon-Jin's daughter's death, kudos to you.

You know your K-dramas. You can probably write one yourselves. :)

I am bummed. Can't we have anything nice? Can't Soon-Jin? Are we going to have yet another "most beautiful and intense romance ever (until death does them part)" story?? With an ambiguous ending, leaving the inevitable death off screen? And after that, we are left to imagine that the love they shared will sustain her for the rest of her days? Or he will die in her arms on a lonely beach, like that other famous drama?

Oh, waaah. I'm sad.

Okay, that's what this is. I will eventually reach the "acceptance" stage.

--

Anyway, it does look like it was Mu-Han's wife's family that may have been involved with the daughter's death. When Kyung-Soo heard the name of the construction company that the wife hails from (I forgot the name), he became extra angry. And when he talked to Mu-Han later, about his ex-wife pursuing charges against Soon-Jin, he said, "you are behaving like a rich person throwing money around to crush others, just like you did 10 years ago." So something happened 10 years ago that involved this construction company.

My guess is that it was shoddy construction (building? bridge?) that somehow contributed to the girl's death, and Soon-Jin raged against them (vandalism? assault?) and they made sure she was prosecuted for it and sicced a bunch of high-priced lawyers on her, just like they are doing now.

--

I think Mu-Han was very hurt by Soon-Jin's phone conversation with Mira. But then he recalled the raw emotional moments they shared together the night before, and realized what the truth really is. Hurray.

That is when I love this drama best. When it just really dives deep into the emotions. I did love Mu-Han's defiance against his grim diagnosis, but I still feel a little tricked. Terminal illness. Evil conglomerate crushing the regular person. I was hoping that we could avoid those tropes.

Oh well. *sigh* I still love this show.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

I think Mu-Han was very hurt by Soon-Jin's phone conversation with Mira. But then he recalled the raw emotional moments they shared together the night before, and realized what the truth really is. Hurray.

MH is probably still suspicious of SJ's sincerity in this regard. The preview showed MH being cold and nonchalant toward SJ. His marriage proposal is likely due to KS warning to not play with SJ's emotions and finish what he began with her. While he is aware of SJ's past, he isn't sure of her current motivations.

But I'm crossing my fingers that he will realise SJ's statement was due to her own insecurities at her ability to love again.

MH is also at fault for this situation because he say things that does not give security to SJ - sleep together, eat separately; promises for the present but not the past/future; wanting to love her yet previously saying there are things he cannot and won't give.

(Sigh....) Mondays rarely feel so far...

• Like 8

Just managed to catch the subbed episode....looks like the next couple of episodes are gonna be rough...probably finding the connection between her daughter's death and his family....plus him having to deal with the possibility of her being a " gold digger"..

and of course the very ominous end scene stolen from the Japanese movie....

barely recovered from the tears in 7dq....k drama addicts must be masochists!

sucked in...agggh....

• Like 4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJaTS5JGsFTgRo5F5i9ubShould-We-Kiss-First-Live-Recap-Drama-Miimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6ZziRZo_mjnW02WfF8nX

While thinking about these latest episodes you can't help but also think back to how it began even though there are still pieces missing to our story.  When I think about MH and all the times in which he has observed SJ's life.  How piece by piece it's been given to us and in a way that now seems like an idea from a writer who it would seem is an emotional genius.  Revealing SJ and her struggles and brokenness through the eyes of MH.  Like poetry instead of words, beauty instead of heartbreak mixing sadness with laughter and love with need...

My heart wonders how is it that MH's heart was first tied to SJ how, when and why? Yet for what ever reasons she became a real and thriving part of his life.  The scenes of their first night really physically being together the sound of MH reading once again to her.  I won't lie, it made me think dang that mans voice and the tenderness in which he reads would comfort any woman's heart.  Her words the following day were so humbling and honest towards him instead of tears falling it felt as if SJ were shedding droplets of blood in opening her heart allowing MH to see more than her nakedness outside of her but what lies within as well. Those words were brilliant!!!

I think when facing death MH has mixed feelings about how do I love and protect her and yet how can I leave her with more pain to endure after I'm gone.  When he already knows and has witnessed  her mountain of pain so many times first hand.  Right now I think it's more about protecting her in what ever means possible.  Although she wasn't his first in many of life's steps I believe he couldn't help himself in wanting her to be his last everything. He feels selfish and often confused.  Yet he can't help himself or hold back his heart when all he has ever wanted and wants was to honestly love and be loved back by not just any woman but this woman SJ whom he respects, trusts and admires... 

When others saw her weakness he saw her courage... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@mintea18, thank you so much for the lovely gifs of our MUJIN couple's lovey dovey moments. They look absolutely GOOD & HAPPY together! KWS looks particularly young here! 

I can rewatch these scenes again and again! They look like a couple on their honeymoon. :heart:

• Like 3

This show is breaking my heart but when she said 'don't make his bathroom sound sexy(or words to that effect)  since I intend to pee, poo and fart in your bathroom' made me roar with laughter.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

On 15/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, gladys57 said:

@mintea18, thank you so much for the lovely gifs of our MUJIN couple's lovey dovey moments. They look absolutely GOOD & HAPPY together! KWS looks particularly young here! 

I can rewatch these scenes again and again! They look like a couple on their honeymoon. :heart:

You're welcome! ^_^ Ikr, KSA and KWS's chemistry is soooo good!

Some of my other favorite scenes of MuJin couple :)

kkAHMHJ.gif

lG5D7Ku.gif

2LlfqZM.gif

Spoiler

MsorT2j.gif

Brax6du.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OMO! More MUJIN's sweet moments gifs. Thanks again.:D Just cant get enough of them!

MH's "GAZE" is extremely heart fluttering and KWS can really EMOTE so well! He's got that smexy look! Heeeee! :blush:

• Like 5

looks like this show is headed for an unhappy ending with MH's stage 4 diagnosis. I don't know if I can stomach more tragedy in SJ's life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm hoping that she is going to be pregnant like a reader suggested in bahdoo....that would be a happy ending...since she identifies so much with being a Mother...

otherwise...freezing to death in the snow...since their car stalled in the snow.....

hate it when dramas make me worry about endings...but it usually means I'm sucked in bad....

• Like 2