[Drama 2018] Good Witch, 착한마녀전

0ly40

Annyeong everyone :)

Thanks @0ly40 for creating this thread. Just saw it today when I want to check out Hwayugi's thread. I have always been a fan of Lee Da Hae so I'm gonna watch this drama. The story plot seems to be interesting.

I would like to invite my chingu deul here.....

@moodypie @dimples21 @vangsweetie637 @maplekist @Mau_Cherry @nonski @Ahpheng @bebebisous33 @Kasmic @plappi @onnififi @Sarang21

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Annya It is going to air in March after the Olympics. Many channels did postpone their new dramas to air after the Olympics since the schedule will be filled with that. I do think the first episode will air on 3/3 although we still have to wait for confirmation.

The MBC drama which will air on the same timeslot and will premier on the same date on MBC just confirmed casting and they already released script reading pictures which was held just few days ago. So I am quite disappointed that SBS didn't release anything on GW although they did the script reading last month and have been filming the drama since the beginning of this month!!! :angry:

@alekaonu Hi Chingu, welcome here!! Hope more people will join us soon. The more the merrier ^^

Dahae's IG update today. My first time seeing her in school uniform in a drama. :) 

If the real evil twin has screen time, it means DH will have three roles: the good twin, the bad twin and also the good twin pretending to be the bad twin. Lol

Will the good twin also be a mother? If so, I wonder how the writer will throw in the romance. Really curious to see if the drama is going to be melo or light-hearted. My preference is light hearted of course!

@ELY_397 I think she wore one in a scene in "Best Lover" but anyway, I do hope this doesn't mean she will do some scenes in such young age because honestly it will be so unbelievable since she can't pass as high schooler :tongue:

If she will do such scenes, it feels rather ironic how she never played such young roles when she was young and she played mature roles instead from the start and now they give her that!!! LOL :D 

I personally rather feel the pictures are from some protest scene.

But anyway, I am curious too how this story will be written and thanks Dahae for the HD images. She did give us what SBS should have given us :D 

@ELY_397 Haha the third role :lol: Even i am more curious each pic pop up one question in my mind.

Yups she is in school uniform protesting for something seem so.

Lets not forgot twin sister can have flash back of the old days too.Maybe school flashback scene.

AQ may be since other people are giving script reading picture they will delay it. So when they release it,it will be fresh and have more impact since there is long gap to air.Just my assumption.

But hope we get more pic officially too.

@feelbora There is no official date yet but most properly will be on the 3rd of March.

@Annya I have tried to give them excuses too but I am not anymore. I am not angry at them (yet) but quite disappointed. It is Dahae return to SBS after 10 years so I just hoped they treat her and her drama well in terms of production and promotions.

I saw the drama script photographed by one of the actors, I saw the way of writing for the title on this one quite interesting. It is not traditional as we saw it in Dahae's picture but more graphic.

If I am not wrong the main characters are "착한마녀" which means "Good Wife" and it is missing the last character "전" in the Korean title then they added Chinese character "傳" which means biography as a stamp (which was in braces too in Dahae's image). I wonder if "전" = "傳" ?

Also I am curious if they are handing the actors the scripts of episodes as the 35 mins ones or the whole 70 mins as the way it was before? Yah had some time in my hand so starting thinking about some trivial stuff about the drama :D 

12 hours ago, apqaria said:

@feelbora There is no official date yet but most properly will be on the 3rd of March.

@Annya I have tried to give them excuses too but I am not anymore. I am not angry at them (yet) but quite disappointed. It is Dahae return to SBS after 10 years so I just hoped they treat her and her drama well in terms of production and promotions.

I saw the drama script photographed by one of the actors, I saw the way of writing for the title on this one quite interesting. It is not traditional as we saw it in Dahae's picture but more graphic.

If I am not wrong the main characters are "착한마녀" which means "Good Wife" and it is missing the last character "전" in the Korean title then they added Chinese character "傳" which means biography as a stamp (which was in braces too in Dahae's image). I wonder if "전" = "傳" ?

Also I am curious if they are handing the actors the scripts of episodes as the 35 mins ones or the whole 70 mins as the way it was before? Yah had some time in my hand so starting thinking about some trivial stuff about the drama :D 

@apqaria Not important. ^^ It would have been better if this drama started in February. Because I can not wait.

1 hour ago, apqaria said:

@feelbora I so want it too. So eager to see our first look on the drama ~~

But since we have yet to see the script reading pictures, seeing a teaser will be a stretch for now, lol :D We are almost a month away from the drama premier though!!

Despite this, I look forward to the official posters. :grin:

If I am not mistaken, SBS only releases script reading pictures about a month before the drama airs unless it is a high profile production. SBS runs an IG account through which they post teasers and stills of upcoming dramas. I get a feeling we will see something in mid Feb.

Yoon Se Ah and other cast member who will be one of the flight attendants as well

Yoon Se Ah's drama "Just Between Lovers" just finished airing, she is surely busy lately. I watched a drama special with her before but don't remember much about it so I am looking forward to see more of her in GW :) 

The way pic are coming looks like drama has started shooting just now lol.

Since our handsome pilot and ahjushhi pilot are ready and so is our pretty flight stewardess :D I am ready to book my ticket for this flight to takeoff and fly with them :wub: :wink:

According to this post on naver it mentions that Good with will have 24 episode.:)

https://blog.naver.com/urbanworksm/221196386671

주말(수정).png?type=w773

@Annya I want to fly with this staff too :D 

Thinking about the drama, I think it is a pity that actually it will have some similarities with dramas airing around the same period and on SBS as well. Since "Should We Kiss First" which will air on SBS Monday-Tuesday timeslot also have the heroine as flight attendant and "Switch" which will air on SBS Wednesday-Thursday timeslot will have the hero doing a duel role as well. 

I am afraid this will make things a bit repetitive for viewers and also some comparison done between GW and the other two dramas but anyway at least we know the genres and stories should be very different.

Thanks for all the updates!

K drama trends do tend to come in waves like time traveling, fantasy, legal, medical, robot, etc. As long as the story is good, I am hopeful that GW will generate sufficient interest. RSY looks really good in pilot uniform and aviator shades and so does DH in hers, although I would prefer a brighter tone for her uniform. I am actually more concerned about how the writer will make DH will fall in love with another man while she is married. In general, viewers do not like seeing the leads cheat on their spouses, unless the spouse is abusive. 

The only similarity between GW and Should we kiss first is the female leads' profession. The story is very different. If people were to draw comparisons, it would be on how they look in uniform and how realistic the airplane scenes are. Switch is another legal drama and the one playing the double role is the male lead. Viewers like to see actors challenge double roles so if both dramas are well acted, they will likely watch both.

Archived