[Drama 2018] Miracle that we met, 우리가 만난 기적

0ly40

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a person's memory or soul or whatever remembers everything about his wife, children, dog, house etc., I would think he would have the same feelings. If he had loved his wife before he died, then he would continue loving her. But of course this is KD, there must angst-provoking situations. 

I have stopped watching this after reading about tender moments he has with another man's wife whose body he is occupying, most likely without the owner's consent too. It sounds unfaithful and I have big issues with that. I hope he died at the end, just as he was supposed to.

If he is going to be re-incarnated, make it a new person, without any memories just occasional lapses. Then sleep with whomever he wants, he is a new man...

6 minutes ago, maribella said:

If a person's memory or soul or whatever remembers everything about his wife, children, dog, house etc., I would think he would have the same feelings. If he had loved his wife before he died, then he would continue loving her. But of course this is KD, there must angst-provoking situations. 

I have stopped watching this after reading about tender moments he has with another man's wife whose body he is occupying, most likely without the owner's consent too. It sounds unfaithful and I have big issues with that. I hope he died at the end, just as he was supposed to.

If he is going to be re-incarnated, make it a new person, without any memories just occasional lapses. Then sleep with whomever he wants, he is a new man...

@maribella  He was cheating on his wife from the beginning her didn't love her more like they were together for the kids sake.. All he worried about was how she made him look because she work outside the home like it was a big sin. I saw it as a sign if her reclaiming her life.. At some point she will be a empty nester and where would that leave her in that loveless marriage..  

4 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@maribella  He was cheating on his wife from the beginning her didn't love her more like they were together for the kids sake.. All he worried about was how she made him look because she work outside the home like it was a big sin. I saw it as a sign if her reclaiming her life.. At some point she will be a empty nester and where would that leave her in that loveless marriage..  

That cheating man did not die it was Mi Ran's husband who entered the cheating man's body right? or am I wrong?

edit:

I thought the cheating man's soul was in there but don't know what happened to it. Mi Ran's husband soul is the one that has taken over the body. He was the one I was referring to. He has all of his memories and a new body, just like body transplant :). However, since the cheating man is still alive, he Mi Ran's husband is just borrowing it. Or in the old days, it would be called possessed.

Correct me if I am terribly wrong.

Here's the preview of ep. 13

I found the synopsis on Naver as follows.

13회 05.14.(월) |검거된 효주와 마주한 현철은 효주를 압박해 궁지로 몰아넣는다. 현철이 남편이 아닐지 모른단 생각에 괴롭던 혜진은 현철을 사이에 두고 연화와 다시 마주치...

Here's what Google translates.

Hyeon-cheol confronted with the arrested Hyogu pushes Hyogu into a corner.
Hye-jin, who was troubled by the thought that Hyun-cheol might not be her husband, confronted with Yeon-hwa through Hyun-chul ...

In my opinion, he's neither Hyun Chul A or Hyun Chul B. He's Hyun Chul C. Even though the soul is from Hyun Chul B, the brain and the memory of Hyun Chul A is still there and he can remember and feel it. Therefore, he's not the same person anymore.

It's difficult to guess where the writer-nim is going to go in the end. If Hyun Chul chooses either one of the family, it will still upset the audiences that's rooting on the other family.

Nevertheless, it's a great drama to watch.

48 minutes ago, tatongt said:

In my opinion, he's neither Hyun Chul A or Hyun Chul B. He's Hyun Chul C. Even though the soul is from Hyun Chul B, the brain and the memory of Hyun Chul A is still there and he can remember and feel it. Therefore, he's not the same person anymore.

It's difficult to guess where the writer-nim is going to go in the end. If Hyun Chul chooses either one of the family, it will still upset the audiences that's rooting on the other family.

Nevertheless, it's a great drama to watch.

i can't remember which episode I watched, in it the man definitely remembered Mi Ran and cared for her and he was just learning about the man whose body he 'occupied', how unhappy the wife was. He was asking her silently why she did not divorce him earlier but wanted to do it then. So to me, he was Mi Ran's husband who had died but his soul and memory have not moved 'to the light'.

I have stopped watching, just reading this forum, more fun than watching. 

8 hours ago, maribella said:

i can't remember which episode I watched, in it the man definitely remembered Mi Ran and cared for her and he was just learning about the man whose body he 'occupied', how unhappy the wife was. He was asking her silently why she did not divorce him earlier but wanted to do it then. So to me, he was Mi Ran's husband who had died but his soul and memory have not moved 'to the light'.

I have stopped watching, just reading this forum, more fun than watching. 

Yeah, at the begining it was that way. But the more the soul (HCa) is in the body (HCb), the more HCa is "remembering" HCb memories, and even behaving as him in some diring situation. Also, because HCb's brain, HCa has abilities that he hadn't before, e.g: language skills. He can now speak english, chinese and I suppose japanese. As if Soul/HCa and Body/HCb are merging making a new person.

So @tatongt is right, imo: he isn't neither A nor B. He is C. 

I think Hye-Jin will eventually let SHCC go.  As for Yun-Hwa's side, I have a feeling that Ji-Soo will be the one who's willing to let go of her father and eventually encourages Yun-Hwa to do the same.  Ji-Soo is so much stronger than her mother.  She loves her father very much and she also trusts her father will always love her and she's willing to keep this love in her heart forever.  As for SHCC, well ... we just have to find out in the end.

I guess I am part of the minority here.  If HCa (soul) decides to live as HCb (body), how can he fathom just throwing away all the memory and the happiness he had with his family (Yun Hwa, Ji Soo and grandpa) and start a new life with Hye-Jin and HCb (body) children.  Wouldn't he feel guilty seeing his real daughter Ji Soo deprived of a father while his new family enjoy their newly found happy family life?  IMO, Hye-Jin's family was already broken to start with and there's nothing to lose if HCa (soul) goes back to his original family.  Hye-Jin was in the process of filing for a divorce before the switch and the person she was falling in love with over again is not her husband.  Why all of a sudden did Hye-Jin feel the urge to fight for her husband when she didn't do anything when HCb (body) was cheating on her.  Assuming HCb (body) survived the car accident, it will be business-as-usual for them,  HCb (body) will still be the uncaring and philandering husband and she will still be the mentally tortured wife.  My sympathy goes to the Yun Hwa's family.  In essence the body is just a shell, the consciousness and the personality is still HCa (soul).  It's just painful for the original family to go through life knowing that HCa (soul) is still around but living his life with another family.  

I am not sure how the remaining episodes would pan out but i guess the big question is who HCa (soul) will choose.  Or it could be he will die in the end after the bank fiasco and cause of the car accident are resolved.  Neither Hye-Jin nor Yun Hwa will have HCa (soul) ... if this should be the case, then the next question is who stands as the wife during the funeral ... Under the law, it still is Hye-Jin but poor Yun Hwa will have to go through grieving over the loss even if she is not the wife.  Yun Hwa's pain will be even greater than Hye Jin but both of them will eventually find closure.

What I really do not understand about this story is that it seems that the original guy's memories were left in his physical body and seems to be winning over the soul. It doesn't make sense to me.

Probably because we were taught that our body is like a car and our soul is like the driver that drives the car. If there is no driver the car wouldn't move or wouldn't have the memories of experiences. So therefore all the memories of past experiences and such are not retained by the car but by the driver driving the car. Aint it?

And so is this show saying that the soul is nothing at all but the biological body is actually what is driving our soul? Or better yet are they pointing out that there is no soul? But if they are pointing out that there is no soul then how come they showed a reaper and they showed chubby Hyun Chul's soul walking around? It's so confusing.

That in itself is a huge plot hole for me. It's like the writer just put it on there so that the Hyun Chul that is alive would be able to adapt to his banker job position and would be able to investigate about the loan fiasco, etc. You have to admit these two Hyun Chuls came very, very different backgrounds, like extreme opposite of each other. And so in reality if the memories aren't there and just the soul of the chef then it would be a disaster as he wouldn't be able to do his job as a banker and he wouldn't be able to investigate further about the loans and most of all he wouldn't be able to relate to the home life with the banker's wife and kids. So then the story wouldn't be moving forward to where the writer wants it to go.

Which is why I cannot even take the love triangle so seriously as well.

Chemistry aside it isn't feasible to me that you have been tormented and abused by your husband for so many years and you planned to divorce this husband for quite awhile. Then now all of a sudden you want him so badly and cling to him so tightly just because the husband changed and you all of a sudden remembered the good old days when he was quite nice to you so many, many years ago? It isn't as simple as that in real life relationships. Change of behaviour or not the mistrust and resentment that built up through the many years of abuse and neglect would not be removed or gone in an instant. Fixing a broken relationship or marriage is not that simple at all. Ask those people who went through many years of marriage counseling. Also would she have fallen in-love with the chef Hyun Chul in his own chef Hyun Chul body? I don't think so. I don't think she would have given him the time of her day at all. And so this makes me think that she is in-love with the idea of him that she wants him to be and not really in-love with the actual and real chef Hyun Chul. But who cared about that right? Not chef Hyun Chul as he is not luckily possessing the body of the rich and good looking banker Hyun Chul. LOL!

As to the other wife, she should just move on in my opinion. She might find a better husband than this one. I mean if her supposed to be husband is finding it so hard to go back to them that should immediately be a red flag to her that this husband of hers that she idolized so much is actually not as perfect as she thought he was - he all of a sudden found himself to be rich, have a pretty nice job as a banker and have a pretty wife and bam! He just couldn't help but to cling to that life to the point of forgetting about his daughter's birthday. Like notice how he doesn't care about how his daughter is doing? I mean forget about the wife but his daughter? He wouldn't even see his daughter until she texted him to see her. Um that in itself is a telltale sign of, "Don't want that family anymore, might as well forget about them as I got a better one now." What else would it be? He all of a sudden fell out of love with his wife and then all of a sudden fell in-love with this current one? Again in real life it isn't that simple unless you really did not love your first wife at all in the first place - which may or may not be the case here?

And here's another question that I have, if what he says is true that the memories of the abusive banker is getting more and more stronger over his own memories as the chef then who's to say that he will not go back to being the abusive person that he once was before? Don't our memories and experiences in life mold us as a person that we are now?

8 hours ago, breakmyheart said:

What I really do not understand about this story is that it seems that the original guy's memories were left in his physical body and seems to be winning over the soul. It doesn't make sense to me.

Probably because we were taught that our body is like a car and our soul is like the driver that drives the car. If there is no driver the car wouldn't move or wouldn't have the memories of experiences. So therefore all the memories of past experiences and such are not retained by the car but by the driver driving the car. Aint it?

And so is this show saying that the soul is nothing at all but the biological body is actually what is driving our soul? Or better yet are they pointing out that there is no soul? But if they are pointing out that there is no soul then how come they showed a reaper and they showed chubby Hyun Chul's soul walking around? It's so confusing.

That in itself is a huge plot hole for me. It's like the writer just put it on there so that the Hyun Chul that is alive would be able to adapt to his banker job position and would be able to investigate about the loan fiasco, etc. You have to admit these two Hyun Chuls came very, very different backgrounds, like extreme opposite of each other. And so in reality if the memories aren't there and just the soul of the chef then it would be a disaster as he wouldn't be able to do his job as a banker and he wouldn't be able to investigate further about the loans and most of all he wouldn't be able to relate to the home life with the banker's wife and kids. So then the story wouldn't be moving forward to where the writer wants it to go.

Which is why I cannot even take the love triangle so seriously as well.

Chemistry aside it isn't feasible to me that you have been tormented and abused by your husband for so many years and you planned to divorce this husband for quite awhile. Then now all of a sudden you want him so badly and cling to him so tightly just because the husband changed and you all of a sudden remembered the good old days when he was quite nice to you so many, many years ago? It isn't as simple as that in real life relationships. Change of behaviour or not the mistrust and resentment that built up through the many years of abuse and neglect would not be removed or gone in an instant. Fixing a broken relationship or marriage is not that simple at all. Ask those people who went through many years of marriage counseling. Also would she have fallen in-love with the chef Hyun Chul in his own chef Hyun Chul body? I don't think so. I don't think she would have given him the time of her day at all. And so this makes me think that she is in-love with the idea of him that she wants him to be and not really in-love with the actual and real chef Hyun Chul. But who cared about that right? Not chef Hyun Chul as he is not luckily possessing the body of the rich and good looking banker Hyun Chul. LOL!

As to the other wife, she should just move on in my opinion. She might find a better husband than this one. I mean if her supposed to be husband is finding it so hard to go back to them that should immediately be a red flag to her that this husband of hers that she idolized so much is actually not as perfect as she thought he was - he all of a sudden found himself to be rich, have a pretty nice job as a banker and have a pretty wife and bam! He just couldn't help but to cling to that life to the point of forgetting about his daughter's birthday. Like notice how he doesn't care about how his daughter is doing? I mean forget about the wife but his daughter? He wouldn't even see his daughter until she texted him to see her. Um that in itself is a telltale sign of, "Don't want that family anymore, might as well forget about them as I got a better one now." What else would it be? He all of a sudden fell out of love with his wife and then all of a sudden fell in-love with this current one? Again in real life it isn't that simple unless you really did not love your first wife at all in the first place - which may or may not be the case here?

And here's another question that I have, if what he says is true that the memories of the abusive banker is getting more and more stronger over his own memories as the chef then who's to say that he will not go back to being the abusive person that he once was before? Don't our memories and experiences in life mold us as a person that we are now?

You basically articulated all the thoughts I’ve been having... and thank you for that!! 

Hye jin is such a sad character. She's hit with the info that her husband is actually dead despite her husband being physically in front of her. I too think that its best if new HC does not end up with either of them, now its just to messy. Earlier on i liked ra mi ran's character but she suddenly turned possesive of HC in another HC body and she is totally uncaring towards hyejin. That made me like her less. It looks like she has no empathy towards others other than herself. Huhu

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Hye jin is such a sad character. She's hit with the info that her husband is actually dead despite her husband being physically in front of her. I too think that its best if new HC does not end up with either of them, now its just to messy. Earlier on i liked ra mi ran's character but she suddenly turned possesive of HC in another HC body and she is totally uncaring towards hyejin. That made me like her less. It looks like she has no empathy towards others other than herself. Huhu

both hye jin and yun hwa were just b1tching ... catfighting ... both are competing for hyun chul ... probably it's just hye jin's ego working up?  i don't understand hye jin's motivation to fight for hyun chul when she didn't with the old hyun chul (body) ... she was submissive and tolerated his womanizing and just gave up on the old hyun chul (body) hence filing for a divorce.  can all the loveliness shown by hyun chul (soul) be sufficient to outweigh all the pain caused by hyun chul (body)?  can she just instantly forget all those and fight nail and tooth for hyun chul this time?  yun hwa, on the other hand, had good memories of hyun chul (soul) and it would be hard for her to just let go and her discovery that her husband is actually living in someone else's body gives her some hope that her happy family life will go on ... which sadly will not be the case ... things have changed and have become complicated. 

what i am also trying to understand is why hyun chul (soul) feels responsible for hye jin and her family.  first of, they don't have any history - hye jin and hyun chul (soul) ... they were not even acquaintances, secondly the old hyun chul (body) was not even a good husband and father, and thirdly he doesn't have any affinity to the  hyun chul (body) so why even redeem the hyun chul (body) and 'do things right'?  

Episode 14. The soul of the chef, that wonderful and generous soul, is in the body of the banker.  He is a sensitive and kind man.  The first thing he did upon finding himself in a different body is to make his way home to tell his wife.  His wife, in her grief, thought this guy is crazy and why is he bothering me.

The chef ends up in the home of the banker because there is no where else that he can go without causing himself and others more problems.  He needs to figure things out first.  In the mean time the cells of the body he is in retain memories of some of the bankers life.  The chef treats the bankers wife with kindness and respect and she is taken aback by this.  She expects cruel and unkind treatment hence her having asked for a divorce.  

As the days go on the chef’s kindness and manor of being makes the bankers wife fall in love with him.  The chef feels a warmth toward her and a feeling of wanting to protect this family.  At the same time, the chef loves his original family and has longed for them.  As time went on and he has realized that the brain of the banker is filled with knowledge and he is very smart so he begins to figure out what happened to the loan and what was happening with other ‘loans’ that were fraudulently taken out in others names as well.

Now the wives know that the chef is in the bankers body.  The chef has not been in a physical relationship with any woman since this happened to him.

He is the soul of the chef in the body of the banker with the bankers cellular memory and good brain function.  He feels the responsibility to both families who rely on him.  But he tries to go home to his original family.  He feels uneasy and uncomfortable and sleeps with his back to his wife.  He gets up in the middle of the night and goes into work.  He has to solve the legal problems and he can’t think of anything else.  

But....he is not the same anymore...he is in the bankers body...it’s a different life...as if going back can’t be accomplished because he has moved on, or no, because his life encompasses more now...

36 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Episode 14. The soul of the chef, that wonderful and generous soul, is in the body of the banker.  He is a sensitive and kind man.  The first thing he did upon finding himself in a different body is to make his way home to tell his wife.  His wife, in her grief, thought this guy is crazy and why is he bothering me.

The chef ends up in the home of the banker because there is no where else that he can go without causing himself and others more problems.  He needs to figure things out first.  In the mean time the cells of the body he is in retain memories of some of the bankers life.  The chef treats the bankers wife with kindness and respect and she is taken aback by this.  She expects cruel and unkind treatment hence her having asked for a divorce.  

As the days go on the chef’s kindness and manor of being makes the bankers wife fall in love with him.  The chef feels a warmth toward her and a feeling of wanting to protect this family.  At the same time, the chef loves his original family and has longed for them.  As time went on and he has realized that the brain of the banker is filled with knowledge and he is very smart so he begins to figure out what happened to the loan and what was happening with other ‘loans’ that were fraudulently taken out in others names as well.

Now the wives know that the chef is in the bankers body.  The chef has not been in a physical relationship with any woman since this happened to him.

He is the soul of the chef in the body of the banker with the bankers cellular memory and good brain function.  He feels the responsibility to both families who rely on him.  But he tries to go home to his original family.  He feels uneasy and uncomfortable and sleeps with his back to his wife.  He gets up in the middle of the night and goes into work.  He has to solve the legal problems and he can’t think of anything else.  

But....he is not the same anymore...he is in the bankers body...it’s a different life...as if going back can’t be accomplished because he has moved on, or no, because his life encompasses more now...

Yep things are not the same ... what about becoming a modern family?  Lmao

Archived