Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

OMG guys! Meteor Garden is finally done and I’m gonna miss it so much!! :tears::tears:

Btw, you see the wedding kiss of Caisi is really good and sweet! its like the one from HYD Final. far from the preview that was shown & Shancai’s lips was moving. 

That’s why lesson learn from here is that, we should not judge first until every proof is shown to us :lol:

• Like 8

13 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I agree that the kissing is really awkward. And, like you, I was expecting progression.

I just finished watching eps 47 and 48 and Urgh! The disappointment. Especially with the meteor room kiss! Watch with low expectations! 

I’m also not convinced Ximen and Xiaoyou are great at kissing either (although I admit their kissing body language is better. She doesn’t freeze up like SY). I think Ximen is a good kisser, but in the kiss under the cheesy big heart you can see that Xiaoyou is part of the SY school of pursed-lip-kissing because at some point Ximen opens his lips, she doesn’t open hers and it leaves him just snogging away at the bit under her nose. 

But I might be a bit biased because I don’t get Ximen and Xiaoyou. I get Ximen, he’s really together and mature and Caesar Wu is pretty hot. But Xiaoyou is just so needy and pathetically grateful that he even gives her the time of day.  I don’t see why that would be interesting to Ximen (or anyone). Also, her cutesy voice is grating. But I know that a lot of Chinese people like that cutesy thing in girls. I have cousins who talk like that and it’s so annoying. Firstly you feel like you’re talking to a child, and secondly by default you’re the manlier one for having a normal voice, haha. 

As an aside, I hate that every time DMS invites SC to something/tells her to come with him she’s like ‘FOR WHAT???‘ with a look of terror. He’s not some madman who wants to assault you, there’s no need to look at him like that!

I went back to look at clips of the Heart kiss scene, and you're right, Xiao You is closed mouth for the whole scene. Yet, their kissing scenes (Xiao You /Ximen) works for me better than SC/DS kiss scenes. I try to think of why the Xiao You/Ximen kiss scenes are better for me. I think it is combination of things. I agree with you the actress playing Xiao You is much more relaxed. She is not frozen stiff and still like a statue. While the lips don't move, her body does move-arms around him, she moves her head a bit too so it doesn't seem like he's kissing a pole. She is more responsive and participating in the scene with her acting partner. Actor who plays Ximen is good kisser-he does all the heavy work for their scenes. Even though he said this is his first acting role, he already knows how to work for best angles to make kiss look more realistic, and he moves his lips. Finally, I think their kiss scenes are better shot. The camera angles work more to hide the kiss flaws and put the 2 actors in more flattering positions to help kiss seem real. 

There was discussion on Twitter about the Ximen/Xiao You kiss scenes:

https://twitter.com/saturnmars2/status/1034643161316880384

I like the Ximen/Xiao You storyline, but I will agree with you that it's not the best executed here in this version. Korean version is still the best one for me in terms of the couple interaction and chemistry. 

• Like 4

I won't say much about finale since many of you haven't watched it yet. But all I can see is you all won't be disappointed. This version has great/ near great ending just like Hana Yori Dango J-version

Don't fight me please this is the best version of HanDan ever. I love Meteor Garden 2018. This version may have it's fault but sure beats all other versions for me( J version will always hold a special place in my heart I still remember my life was never the same after watching J version. I got addicted to asian dramas) . All the actors did great job despite being rookie. After 138283048 years finally a drama gave me all the feels.

Hands down to Angie Chai and Mg cast. DyShen/CaiSi have great chemistry. I will look forward to their future endeavours. It was great reading all your opinions.Thank you all for keeping the thread alive

P.S : What makes this version more special for me is that it gave me my new favourite actor Dylan Wang . His first drama and I am already his fangirl. I already see him as a future superstar just like other hyd versions domyouji tsukasa

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

Btw, you see the wedding kiss of Caisi is really good and sweet! its like the one from HYD Final. far from the preview that was shown & Shancai’s lips was moving. 

Thank Goodness! Can't wait to check out the wedding kiss scene, now that we know it's different from that awful preview! Now have to check to see if subbed episodes are out at Netflix! Edit: Ep. 44-45 are up at Netflix. Looks like we have to wait until tomorrow to see the final subbed episodes.

• Like 5

I agree with everyone Dylan's age really shows in real life vs him as DS. On top of the style, I think it's his voice and the way he speaks too, he sounds much younger than his MG dubbed voice.

Omg all the previews.. I can't wait to watch the last eps!!!!

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Harry97 said:
I won't say much about finale since many of you haven't watched it yet. But all I can see is you all won't be disappointed. This version has great/ near great ending just like Hana Yori Dango J-version

Don't fight me please this is the best version of HanDan ever. I love Meteor Garden 2018. This version may have it's fault but sure beats all other versions for me( J version will always hold a special place in my heart I still remember my life was never the same after watching J version. I got addicted to asian dramas) . All the actors did great job despite being rookie. After 138283048 years finally a drama gave me all the feels.

Hands down to Angie Chai and Mg cast. DyShen/CaiSi have great chemistry. I will look forward to their future endeavours. It was great reading all your opinions.Thank you all for keeping the thread alive

P.S : What makes this version more special for me is that it gave me my new favourite actor Dylan Wang . His first drama and I am already his fangirl. I already see him as a future superstar just like other hyd versions domyouji tsukasa

Thank you!!! You've got me hopeful and excited again. :):):)

• Like 4

@rocky689 hahaha! I haven’t seen any of the new episodes but I’m dying over that video of DZ dancing!! 

And yes @feliset it must be the Daoming Family anthem! Lol

love that song though! 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, feliset said:

I agree with everyone Dylan's age really shows in real life vs him as DS. On top of the style, I think it's his voice and the way he speaks too, he sounds much younger than his MG dubbed voice.

Omg all the previews.. I can't wait to watch the last eps!!!!

And Dylan Wang’s true voice & accent is really kinda funny no. like anytime he speaks feels like he’s going to make a joke :lol:

But our boy is truly a funny & jolly guy anyway :wub:

• Like 5

Watched the ending raw and I gotta say I am very satisfied with it. Been missing out on this drama and waiting for subs to come out, so I don't spoil anything, but I just had to watch the ending. I am very happy. I really like this version of their happy ending. They are soo adorable being together. It's as if they were a real couple and newly wed, too. :wub:

Really am going to miss Dylan Wang. I hope he comes out with a new drama soon. :)

• Like 8

3 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Here’s Dylan’s new music video. For hardcore Dylan fans (and MG fans passing time until the finale comes out). 

https://youtu.be/FzUhxrMnJsg

I know he’s not a great singer, and the video is cringey (god forbid my husband walks in while I’m watching it), but it doesn’t stop me, haha.

OMG! That music video is so ridiculous! HAHAHAHA! LOL!  So embarassing! I feel for Dylan-poor kid. I think whoever created the concept for that MV should be fired. Do they really think this concept would be anything but a joke to young people?  Well, I guess the silver lining is that Dylan got to sit in a cool sports car and pretend to drive it? Also got to sit on a cool motorcycle too. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, rimjayc said:

me actually realizing that Meteor Garden is over… aprocess

what am i gonna do now ? 

@rimjayc I feel you. I just finished it. A great void has opened up. What am I going to do with my life now? :bawling:  Ending was super cute.

Spoiler

I don’t know if this is a spoiler (haha. In case people are waiting to see what’s happening to them), but bloody Terrence and Caina in their (really ugly) space pod getting actual dialogue in the finale! Get away! Get away!!! Every minute of their story was incredibly boring, and made me incredibly frustrated at the time. Salt in the wound! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Watched the ending raw and I gotta say I am very satisfied with it. Been missing out on this drama and waiting for subs to come out, so I don't spoil anything, but I just had to watch the ending. I am very happy. I really like this version of their happy ending. They are soo adorable being together. It's as if they were a real couple and newly wed, too. :wub:

Really am going to miss Dylan Wang. I hope he comes out with a new drama soon. :)

true! I like the ending too! :wub: I read that there’s going to be a special episode? not confirm but will wait for any updates 

• Like 5

I watched the final episode via livestream last night, I was so emotional (still am rn). I'm gunna miss our smol idiot 'n big idiot and their banters.

I can't believe it has come to an end. I'm just so glad that I've watched it since first broadcast until the very end tonight. My Monday to Wednesday nights will never be the same again. Watching full raw episodes and then rewatching them when eng subs come out.

I have so many words and I can't thank the people behind this outstanding work enough for their hardwork. Will definitely rewatch this over and over again. This gotta be my favorite adaptation of HYD manga so far. I'm going to miss seeing DyShen, my happy pill. Looking forward to their future projects and of other casts as well. *cries in incomprehensive Mandarin*

Spoiler

The last two episodes were alright, I'm still happy about it even though there are too many unnecessary flashbacks that made  me want to press skip/fastforward button but then again, it's a livestream lol. 

Could've just hoped that the screentime was used for newer shots and sequences. There are a lot of photos/stills that didn't get to the final cut that I'm dying to see. Specifically this scene where SC and DMZ are looking at each other while their heads are on a table (?) 

DluMq8-UwAERo-A?format=jpg&name=large

Dlx5jSbU8AAKyb0?format=jpg&name=900x900

I remember someone asking for a photo where SC is in black dress. Is this it?

DlvcPh2UwAA8G-l?format=jpg&name=medium

Apparently there will be extended version in September? I read somewhere that there will be special episodes next week, but I'm not sure if this is the extended version they're talking about... or extended with actual additional new scenes because that's gunna be a bomb! 

• Like 6

Done. Finished ep 50. And yes I understand Mandarin.  Can't comment as the subbed episodes are not out.

I am sorta satisfied the XY /XM arch was addressed. I watched all the versions of HYD. So glad this is over. I was wondering just how far the mother would go. The dubbed voice was irritating me a lot.  To be honest, DMS is technically a graduate but his behaviour might as well have a high school developmental level. I know most of the undergrads in my country have worked part time before or are paying their Uni fees. And I do know a lot of sheltered Asian kids, being Asian myself, so it has been hard to believe they are mature enough to actually want to get married. And do actually get married. SC- snort- the writer did a richard simmons poor job of her as a student. At least the other Makino versions sort of seem as if they studied. The OTPs and friends might be at a Uni but man, they might as well have been high school students. They conversations levels were so high school. This is the F4 with the lamest conversations. What was the writer thinking? It all sound so contrived and forced.

I think the actor playing DMS is exceptionally good looking. And had the best hair of all the versions. In fact his hairstyle beats a lot of other actors hair styling. So thick and lustrous. The actors were all young and age appropriate. So I had been looking forward to this version. 

My curiosity has now been satisfied. The directing for this series has been pretty shocking. The scene transitions has been abrupt all series. The clothing stylist has been working hard? I have no clue if that would be expensive fashionable Shanghai dressing since I haven't seen much unbranded name brand clothing from the rich Chinese students here. I am a normal dresser myself so all I can say is that the fashion had been eclectic.

There surely cannot be another version of HYD coming out anymore right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marielou92 said:

true! I like the ending too! :wub: I read that there’s going to be a special episode? not confirm but will wait for any updates 

1 hour ago, savingemily said:

I remember someone asking for a photo where SC is in black dress. Is this it?

Apparently there will be extended version in September? I read somewhere that there will be special episodes next week, but I'm not sure if this is the extended version they're talking about... or extended with actual additional new scenes because that's gunna be a bomb! 

Oh! An extended or special episode? did not know that. Well, hopefully there is, because I will look forward to it.

Thanks for letting us know. Do confirm if there is an extended or special episode.

• Like 5

OMG, Dylan I the twitter post is super hotty :w00t:

and yess .. in real life he looks like a teenager but in MG he looks so much mature ..

I'm waiting patiently for the sub

This is Thursday, it should be today but I haven't seen it anywhere :bawling:

• Like 4

I can't believe MG has completed. I have been holding off watching on Netflix coz I feel like in a way that will stop MG from ending. LOL. I am so sad. Oh withdrawals!! I DO HOPE THAT SPECIAL OR EXTENDED EPISODE IS FORREAL.

But I am really glad that I stumbled upon MG on Netflix. I got to hear of Dylan Wang. Such a gem! I'ma stan him for life HAHA!

And hopefully in the future, DyShen will work on another project.. or just date IRL LMAO. My last OTP ended up together after years of saying they are just friends. I can only wish haha

• Like 5

I can't believe this drama has ended :dissapointed_relieved: , at first I thought I wouldn't be watching the ongoing 48 eps drama (usually taking 16eps part in the K-drama ). Last night I and some Friend watch the final eps MG2018, and we all cried happily. Like a treated wound, I can't see SC and DMS MG Taiwan 1 & 2 getting married (it hurts) >> BBF there is an proposal scane but too many conflicts make the main character chemistry disappear >> 2018 MG is like completing the flaws in the previous version (it's from my point of view). Some things I like about MG 2018:

1. All actors have good looks and acting even though they are rookie artists, this drama is quite heavy because of the remake version and intense conflict
2. Other versions of SC and DMS
have a little dating scene because they face a lot of conflicts, but in this version they have lots of sweet dating scenes. They did a lot of things that other normal couples do, I was even amazed DMS accompanied SC to entertain Xiou Yu at karaoke
3. There are no memory loss scenes that make DMS meet new women, I am very happy (still disappointed with the appearance of Yesa at MG Taiwan 2)
F4 is described as a nobleman, not an arrogant prince
5. Almost all characters have love stories, so there are no characters forgotten by the audience
6. The proposal scene was very touching to me, how did DMS surprise and SC received the proposal with a warm kiss (the music was also very fitting during the kiss scene, I almost cried)
7. The wedding scene is very fun, all handsome and beautiful. My friend cried while seeing the wedding scene because it was like a dream come true (My friend
very disappointed because of Taiwan MG 2)
8. I really cried when Meteor Rain, SC ran followed by DMS carrying a jacket and put it on the SC because the shirt was a little open. DMS is not only a dream boyfriend but a true husband. I mean in a rich and smart boy, he can have fun but he decides to marry the woman he loves at a young age. At the end of the episode shows that DMS, who used to be arrogant and childish, turned into a successful, responsible husband and lived happily in London with his wife who he loved so much as his dream. It made me cry, because it was so beautiful and it approached the ideal type of male that deserved marriage
:kiss_wink:
9. Thank you for the Production Team and MG2018 Artists, this drama is very fun and memorable. Hope the Production Team and Artists will be more successful. Especially for Dylan and Shen Yue, I hope you are successful and can meet in other dramas :love:

Finally, thank you for all friends in this group, I got a lot of information about MG2018 in this group. I am very entertained with videos, comments and spoilers about MG 2018 that you all send. thank you :blush:
  • Like 8