[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

4 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Watched the ending raw and I gotta say I am very satisfied with it. Been missing out on this drama and waiting for subs to come out, so I don't spoil anything, but I just had to watch the ending. I am very happy. I really like this version of their happy ending. They are soo adorable being together. It's as if they were a real couple and newly wed, too. :wub:

Really am going to miss Dylan Wang. I hope he comes out with a new drama soon. :)

true! I like the ending too! :wub: I read that there’s going to be a special episode? not confirm but will wait for any updates 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the final episode via livestream last night, I was so emotional (still am rn). I'm gunna miss our smol idiot 'n big idiot and their banters.

I can't believe it has come to an end. I'm just so glad that I've watched it since first broadcast until the very end tonight. My Monday to Wednesday nights will never be the same again. Watching full raw episodes and then rewatching them when eng subs come out.

I have so many words and I can't thank the people behind this outstanding work enough for their hardwork. Will definitely rewatch this over and over again. This gotta be my favorite adaptation of HYD manga so far. I'm going to miss seeing DyShen, my happy pill. Looking forward to their future projects and of other casts as well. *cries in incomprehensive Mandarin*

Spoiler

The last two episodes were alright, I'm still happy about it even though there are too many unnecessary flashbacks that made  me want to press skip/fastforward button but then again, it's a livestream lol. 

Could've just hoped that the screentime was used for newer shots and sequences. There are a lot of photos/stills that didn't get to the final cut that I'm dying to see. Specifically this scene where SC and DMZ are looking at each other while their heads are on a table (?) 

DluMq8-UwAERo-A?format=jpg&name=large

Dlx5jSbU8AAKyb0?format=jpg&name=900x900

I remember someone asking for a photo where SC is in black dress. Is this it?

DlvcPh2UwAA8G-l?format=jpg&name=medium

Apparently there will be extended version in September? I read somewhere that there will be special episodes next week, but I'm not sure if this is the extended version they're talking about... or extended with actual additional new scenes because that's gunna be a bomb! 

Done. Finished ep 50. And yes I understand Mandarin.  Can't comment as the subbed episodes are not out.

I am sorta satisfied the XY /XM arch was addressed. I watched all the versions of HYD. So glad this is over. I was wondering just how far the mother would go. The dubbed voice was irritating me a lot.  To be honest, DMS is technically a graduate but his behaviour might as well have a high school developmental level. I know most of the undergrads in my country have worked part time before or are paying their Uni fees. And I do know a lot of sheltered Asian kids, being Asian myself, so it has been hard to believe they are mature enough to actually want to get married. And do actually get married. SC- snort- the writer did a richard simmons poor job of her as a student. At least the other Makino versions sort of seem as if they studied. The OTPs and friends might be at a Uni but man, they might as well have been high school students. They conversations levels were so high school. This is the F4 with the lamest conversations. What was the writer thinking? It all sound so contrived and forced.

I think the actor playing DMS is exceptionally good looking. And had the best hair of all the versions. In fact his hairstyle beats a lot of other actors hair styling. So thick and lustrous. The actors were all young and age appropriate. So I had been looking forward to this version. 

My curiosity has now been satisfied. The directing for this series has been pretty shocking. The scene transitions has been abrupt all series. The clothing stylist has been working hard? I have no clue if that would be expensive fashionable Shanghai dressing since I haven't seen much unbranded name brand clothing from the rich Chinese students here. I am a normal dresser myself so all I can say is that the fashion had been eclectic.

There surely cannot be another version of HYD coming out anymore right?

1 hour ago, marielou92 said:

true! I like the ending too! :wub: I read that there’s going to be a special episode? not confirm but will wait for any updates 

1 hour ago, savingemily said:

I remember someone asking for a photo where SC is in black dress. Is this it?

Apparently there will be extended version in September? I read somewhere that there will be special episodes next week, but I'm not sure if this is the extended version they're talking about... or extended with actual additional new scenes because that's gunna be a bomb! 

Oh! An extended or special episode? did not know that. Well, hopefully there is, because I will look forward to it.

Thanks for letting us know. Do confirm if there is an extended or special episode.

OMG, Dylan I the twitter post is super hotty :w00t:

and yess .. in real life he looks like a teenager but in MG he looks so much mature ..

I'm waiting patiently for the sub

This is Thursday, it should be today but I haven't seen it anywhere :bawling:

I can't believe MG has completed. I have been holding off watching on Netflix coz I feel like in a way that will stop MG from ending. LOL. I am so sad. Oh withdrawals!! I DO HOPE THAT SPECIAL OR EXTENDED EPISODE IS FORREAL.

But I am really glad that I stumbled upon MG on Netflix. I got to hear of Dylan Wang. Such a gem! I'ma stan him for life HAHA!

And hopefully in the future, DyShen will work on another project.. or just date IRL LMAO. My last OTP ended up together after years of saying they are just friends. I can only wish haha

I can't believe this drama has ended :dissapointed_relieved: , at first I thought I wouldn't be watching the ongoing 48 eps drama (usually taking 16eps part in the K-drama ). Last night I and some Friend watch the final eps MG2018, and we all cried happily. Like a treated wound, I can't see SC and DMS MG Taiwan 1 & 2 getting married (it hurts) >> BBF there is an proposal scane but too many conflicts make the main character chemistry disappear >> 2018 MG is like completing the flaws in the previous version (it's from my point of view). Some things I like about MG 2018:

1. All actors have good looks and acting even though they are rookie artists, this drama is quite heavy because of the remake version and intense conflict
2. Other versions of SC and DMS
have a little dating scene because they face a lot of conflicts, but in this version they have lots of sweet dating scenes. They did a lot of things that other normal couples do, I was even amazed DMS accompanied SC to entertain Xiou Yu at karaoke
3. There are no memory loss scenes that make DMS meet new women, I am very happy (still disappointed with the appearance of Yesa at MG Taiwan 2)
F4 is described as a nobleman, not an arrogant prince
5. Almost all characters have love stories, so there are no characters forgotten by the audience
6. The proposal scene was very touching to me, how did DMS surprise and SC received the proposal with a warm kiss (the music was also very fitting during the kiss scene, I almost cried)
7. The wedding scene is very fun, all handsome and beautiful. My friend cried while seeing the wedding scene because it was like a dream come true (My friend
very disappointed because of Taiwan MG 2)
8. I really cried when Meteor Rain, SC ran followed by DMS carrying a jacket and put it on the SC because the shirt was a little open. DMS is not only a dream boyfriend but a true husband. I mean in a rich and smart boy, he can have fun but he decides to marry the woman he loves at a young age. At the end of the episode shows that DMS, who used to be arrogant and childish, turned into a successful, responsible husband and lived happily in London with his wife who he loved so much as his dream. It made me cry, because it was so beautiful and it approached the ideal type of male that deserved marriage
:kiss_wink:
9. Thank you for the Production Team and MG2018 Artists, this drama is very fun and memorable. Hope the Production Team and Artists will be more successful. Especially for Dylan and Shen Yue, I hope you are successful and can meet in other dramas :love:

Finally, thank you for all friends in this group, I got a lot of information about MG2018 in this group. I am very entertained with videos, comments and spoilers about MG 2018 that you all send. thank you :blush:

Been wondering about the necklace

All DS know is he already throw that necklace before

but in London, when SC saying should she give back the necklace, DS responded saying the all things that he gave to SC is belong to her.

It's a little weird isn't it. DS doesn't know that SC jumping to the pool to look for the necklace.

There should be a warm heart scene when DS found out that SC still keeping it. 

11 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Oh! An extended or special episode? did not know that. Well, hopefully there is, because I will look forward to it.

Thanks for letting us know. Do confirm if there is an extended or special episode.

I think they're special clips that will be released in MGTV? I'm not really sure, coz I can't find the post where I've read it :sweatingbullets:

Here are the info/schedule:

Aug 30 - CaiSi Couple

Aug 31 - Meteor Garden Movie Version

Sep 1 - CaiSi's Essence Edition

Sep 3 - Shen Yue & Dylan Wang's Growth Diary

Sep 4 & 5 - Featurette Version

If anyone knows about this, kindly shed us some light lol. TIA.

Joining the discussion a little late because I wanted to wait until the subbed versions were available on NF. 

Can I just say that DS was the perfect boyfriend in ep 45? It was the first time he read SC’s thoughts and feelings without her asking. She asked him to come and when he heard it was about XY, he didn’t even complain. He just said that the fact that SC was there meant that she was worried so he wanted to keep her company. It’s totally something Lei would’ve done. It just showed to me how much DS has progressed in their relationship. And not to mention how sweet and patient he was the entire time! He encouraged XY and told SC to just let her get it all out, he even sang and picked out songs for her and not to mention offering her a ride to meet Ximen. Not once did he mock her or complain!! 

I honeslty loved this scene. Such a mature and sweet DS. 

The bts wedding kiss scene is too sweet, really made my day lol. Happy Dao Ming Si really can't wait to kiss his new wife :D

Spoiler

It was a very nice and happy ending, although there was too much unnecesary flashback scenes (and that you-know-who couple that appear again, like seriously? :sweatingbullets:. The wedding scene is beautiful, and it would be better if Shancai's parents and DMF are there too. I love how they show Ah Si and Shancai's life after the wedding. 

I like the ending, but after watched the last episode I think that J ver still have the best ending of all version. 

One think that I love about this version is how close the F5 cast on and off screen are especially DyShen. They like teasing and treat each other like a family. Always love seeing all the bts where they look so happy and have fun but also professional and do their best in every scene.  

About the rumour for the movie with original cast of MG2001, I hope they will make it and it would be great if the story is based on Lei's point of view, just like in the manga.

1 minute ago, mouse007 said:

Joining the discussion a little late because I wanted to wait until the subbed versions were available on NF. 

Can I just say that DS was the perfect boyfriend in ep 45? It was the first time he read SC’s thoughts and feelings without her asking. She asked him to come and when he heard it was about XY, he didn’t even complain. He just said that the fact that SC was there meant that she was worried so he wanted to keep her company. It’s totally something Lei would’ve done. It just showed to me how much DS has progressed in their relationship. And not to mention how sweet and patient he was the entire time! He encouraged XY and told SC to just let her get it all out, he even sang and picked out songs for her and not to mention offering her a ride to meet Ximen. Not once did he mock her or complain!! 

I honeslty loved this scene. Such a mature and sweet DS. 

Me too!! I loved this. Just watched 44 last night, still need to watch 45. DS and SC dating dynamic is so cute. It was just so amazing to see how nice he was with everyone at his party even qinghe and lizhen. Seriously he’s come soooo far.

Im not totally convinced with the XM/XG story ending so XM/XY can live. I feel like there was still feelings there between XM/XG even if it was written for them to agree it was over. Also XG seems like the far superior choice lol. I found myself rooting for them more than XM/XY. XY has come off really weird and creepy in her Ximen quest. I’m not buying that her actions have made him slowly fall for her. 

11 minutes ago, feliset said:

Me too!! I loved this. Just watched 44 last night, still need to watch 45. DS and SC dating dynamic is so cute. It was just so amazing to see how nice he was with everyone at his party even qinghe and lizhen. Seriously he’s come soooo far.

Im not totally convinced with the XM/XG story ending so XM/XY can live. I feel like there was still feelings there between XM/XG even if it was written for them to agree it was over. Also XG seems like the far superior choice lol. I found myself rooting for them more than XM/XY. XY has come off really weird and creepy in her Ximen quest. I’m not buying that her actions have made him slowly fall for her. 

@feliset I was also rooting for XG. I think it’s bec the show did a better job of developing their story than it did with Ximen and XY. I mean I’m happy for XY but the rooftop scene was a little off for me. Like I get that XG and Ximen only talked about their past but that’s normal given they’ve just met again after so many years. I feel like it was strange that they both decided right there and then that they should move on after 5 years of pining for each other? I wish it developed Ximen and XY’s story better so we can clearly see why Ximen falls for her and why he eventually ends up choosing her. 

7 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@feliset I was also rooting for XG. I think it’s bec the show did a better job of developing their story than it did with Ximen and XY. I mean I’m happy for XY but the rooftop scene was a little off for me. Like I get that XG and Ximen only talked about their past but that’s normal given they’ve just met again after so many years. I feel like it was strange that they both decided right there and then that they should move on after 5 years of pining for each other? I wish it developed Ximen and XY’s story better so we can clearly see why Ximen falls for her and why he eventually ends up choosing her. 

Yes exactly!! You’ve just written out everything I felt about that rooftop scene. I get that they had to rush through the plot line to fit it in but it just really felt off to me. I agree they should have developed the Xm/XY story better. Also I think it would have helped if they scaled back XM/XG initial reaction to seeing eachother. When she left to go cry in the bathroom about still loving him so much after all these years, I really felt for her. Then all of a sudden it’s like psych, I don’t love u anymore. 

Archived