[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

In my opinion NQ/SS don't act as siblings. They are too intimate with each other. I don't know siblings who bathe with each other, sleep with each other and that do most of the things that NingSang do for each other. They act as a married couple. Also siblings don't long for each other the way NQ/SS do. Or say they won't continue on living without the other. 

Maybe people get that impression because they are only thinking that he raised her since she was a baby. That he is a brother/father to her and they just can't see past that. Since SS is so tiny they look at her as a small child and therefore cannot see them as a couple. I'm just making these conclusions based on comments I've read regarding SS character. Not saying everyone thinks this way. 

I personally don't like MSS character. Yes she is pretty, graceful and nice but that's about it. I cannot connect with her character. Her relationship with NQ imo is just based on their like of calligraphy and obviously looks. A relationship cannot last forever based on just these two things. They don't even know each other very well. When NQ walked away from her I couldn't feel sorry for her because she brought the heart ache on herself. She knew of SS existence and knew how important she is to NQ. No I can't blame her for trying but it was a risk from the beginning. I would like for MSS to find another love and move on. She doesn't deserve to suffer for someone who will never love her the way she deserves. 

The screenwriter is the only one to blame for this mess. 

So yes those are my thoughts regarding this matter. Just want to add that I respect everyone's opinion and continue to enjoy reading everyone's point of view. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, carbonara said:

oh no, is this forum team SS and viki team MSS? am i in the wrong place ??? :scream::scream::scream:

@carbonara This forum is team Sang Sang but we love all the female who likes Ning Que except for the Princess. I don’t hate the Princess she is “USELESS “ like Ning Que because she is smart and really care for the people but her choices are wrong. In fact she is acting te right way due to her station in the Tang Empire. It is no fault of hers but acts like a typical Princess should act.  Please stay with us. This is a kind and warm thread where we all respect each other opinion and likes. You will have a blast with us. :heart::heart: I PROMISE 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c21dc97417736506b

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

@rhaps @lynne22 @epinklyn @angelangie @raziela @toninha @greenwatch08 @stella77 @ningsangcpp @Cheng Chao

Have you all ever wondered what if we all joining Viki's discussion at the same time? Will they shoot us with NQ's Thirteen arrows???:joy: :joy:

We will be like the brothers and sisters from the academy, we can protect each other and SS with our powers:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

41 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

True. When I read Viki's discussions yesterday, I was quite enjoyed with their arguments:joy: some of them did take the drama seriously:D and when I read those comments about mss, I was stunned and speechless. 

I've only read their comments on episodes 46-48 and they hate so much on my SS. They call her ugly etc. 

What comments on MSS? I've mostly read only good things but then again I didn't read all the comments. 

It really is a ship war over there on viki. 

Glad that we can be civil here. We can give our opinions and not have our heads bitten off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, n3bula said:

They don't even know each other very well.

IMO, yes NQ doesn't know MSS very well, but with MSS since she had a huge crush on him only from seeing his calligraphy, i think in the same way yan se knew immediately the type of person etc NQ was just from seeing him write 1 character in sand ,i feel MSS' crush was much deeper than just surface level looks/an interest in calligraphy.

of course i also respect everyone's opinion as well! :)

btw did anyone who didn't read the novel ever ship NQ and 3rd sister early on? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, carbonara said:

IMO, yes NQ doesn't know MSS very well, but with MSS since she had a huge crush on him only from seeing his calligraphy, i think in the same way yan se knew immediately the type of person etc NQ was just from seeing him write 1 character in sand ,i feel MSS' crush was much deeper than just surface level looks/an interest in calligraphy.

of course i also respect everyone's opinion as well! :)

btw did anyone who didn't read the novel ever ship NQ and 3rd sister early on? 

I can see why you think that way. I think that I read here that MSS was drawn to NQ because of his writing about SS. So she liked him because of his love for SS. Can't blame the girl I'd be attracted to him as well for that. Still she doesn't know his dark side and I doubt she would like or accept it. 

I'll never be team MSS but that doesn't mean I will hate on anyone who is. You're in the right place here. We can all get along :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

@rhaps @lynne22 @epinklyn @angelangie @raziela @toninha @greenwatch08 @stella77 @ningsangcpp @Cheng Chao

Have you all ever wondered what if we all joining Viki's discussion at the same time? Will they shoot us with NQ's Thirteen arrows???:joy: :joy:

HAHAHAH for sure they will!! Honestly those hardcore MSS and NQ shippers are only going to be disappointed. As much as the screen writer can change the plot a little bit and add more romance between NQ MSS, at the end of the day NQ and SS are still endgame. I'm sure they've made it quite clear with all the stuff NQ has said TO SS in recent eps. Like spending forever with her and stuff. It's also quite impossible for screen writers to change the plot for MSS NQ to be endgame because they'd be changing so much other details too since SS and NQ lives are tied together and they are destined to be together. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Thank you for taking one for the forum team and responding @Snow Guardian @toninha @rhaps @greenwatch08@angelangie

I really am so tired of the unnecessary mess the drama created with MSS.  Slow claps to the people on the Ever Night production team who sanctioned this and thought it was such a great idea thinking they knew better than the novel writer. Sloooooooow claps

NQ/MSS are nice/sweet but its not my cup of tea. 

NQ/SS relationship/interactions goes beyond just romance. For me, it feels realistic because they arent perfect, even w/eachother so there's alot of room for growth/development. Its a journey.

For me, both NQ/SS's journey & story ends & continues w/eachother together.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Relax..I'm flexible, I can be in whatever team you want me to be :D

This one is the different case:joy: (SS-MSS-YHY-any girls, name it!):joy:

@carbonara

1 hour ago, toninha said:

We will be like the brothers and sisters from the academy, we can protect each other and SS with our powers:joy:

AGREE, LOLS

On viki's discussion, those NQ-MSS shippers are quite agressive.. hmm.. one of the posts are very rude. She/he calls Song Yi Ren ugly girl. While reading her comment, I was thinking, "she must be one of the aunts victims".  I think the aunts are quite smarts with the ideas on how they are managing NQ-SS / NQ-MSS's relationships on screen. I truly feel pity, after those lovey dovey scenes and at the end, NQ-SS are ended up together. And you know what, if you really look at those posts, it was actually very funny:D those shippers seem quite shocked with what was actually going on with the recent episodes. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

She/he calls Song Yi Ren ugly girl

I really don't like those That that criticize actresses and actors saying they are ugly. Have they ever looked in the mirror themselves? Do they look like goddesses or something? It's honestly so rude! Can't imagine how it would feel for SYR to read those rude comments if she ever came across them! I really think SYR has a refreshing look and is cute and pretty at the same time :wub:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

I really don't like those That that criticize actresses and actors saying they are ugly. Have they ever looked in the mirror themselves? Do they look like goddesses or something? It's honestly so rude! Can't imagine how it would feel for SYR to read those rude comments if she ever came across them! I really think SYR has a refreshing look and is cute and pretty at the same time :wub:

I agree with you 100%, these fans take supporting their favorite ship way to seriously. They will talk about  say hateful things to the actor/actresses too. I myself avoid shipping wars because it gets so ugly that i am just appalled at these grown up comments.They all sound like children that needs to be re trained on how to a considerate human being. They also forget words can hurt people. 

Spoiler

I remember the drama Goodbye Mr Black , The lead actress was harassed so badly that she had to close her instagram account because the fans were saying hateful things to her. When a fan deemed it necessary to call someone ugly they themselves are UGLY and are HATER'S. These fans forget these actor/actresses are human and have feelings. The fact that they can only say it on line proves they are COWARDS because they could never say that to the actors face. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, angelangie said:

actually i found out that when u lash out at ppl the words that you called ppl is actually the words that represent yourself.....

Exactly @angelangie and the words they dish out but can't take it when it is toward them.  I see that a lot, they say hateful words but once someone else throw the same word back at them they leave. LOL LOL When that happen I thank the person for saying it to them. LOL LOL happy-leaf-emoticon.gif happy-leaf-emoticon.gif They have low self esteem and decide to take it out on people so that they can feel better. 

I found this so funny  credit to owner 

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree with you 100%, these fans take supporting their favorite ship way to seriously. They will talk about  say hateful things to the actor/actresses too. I myself avoid shipping wars because it gets so ugly that i am just appalled at these grown up comments.They all sound like children that needs to be re trained on how to a considerate human being. They also forget words can hurt people. 

Reveal hidden contents

I remember the drama Goodbye Mr Black , The lead actress was harassed so badly that she had to close her instagram account because the fans were saying hateful things to her. When a fan deemed it necessary to call someone ugly they themselves are UGLY and are HATER'S. These fans forget these actor/actresses are human and have feelings. The fact that they can only say it on line proves they are COWARDS because they could never say that to the actors face. 

These fans are plain spiteful for ridiculous reasons. Dont bother w/ these kinds of fans that care for unnecessary ship wars & shallow things.

EN is a detailed show & theres so much to discuss about. If all they cared about is romance/ships only, then they will be sorely disappointed. I can pretty much talk about anything of EN thats not just romance/ships.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

I agree. For actor and actress, I think the most important thing is their acting skill. You can critizise their performance. You also can comment on  their look comparing with the written materials, their costumes, their hairstyle in the drama etc. However, to use rude words attacking them is classless. I also feels that the people who did it have low selfesteem and hide behind the computer inorder to express their violence toward other

• Like 1

I dont know about viki forum, but i wont use my energy to debate on those kind discussion. I watch EN as a refreshing and become my beautiful imaginary world, i wont ruined it though :P

Here is the preview collage from last 6 eps. I wonder whom CPP meet, and who is sitting in the cave, is he KHR? Maybe someone can help translating this, thank you in advance.

2p1x1tffqtge0868152d46c45.jpg

Edited by epinklyn
Adding something
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mei2018 said:

For me NQ and SS act like old married couple since the beginning. He works outside to feed them and give all the money he had earn to his ' wife' SangSang. She manage the household and take care of all housework including th e buddget. He take care of her sickness, protect her from any harm. He act like the leader of the house for other to see but consult her at everything including his plan to kill people. Both of them share each other their bad sides not only the beautiful sides of themselves.

They bypass the romantic crush stage but was already in the mode of old married couple stage. Their love for each other is therfore more solid and will not easily waver.

May be the younger audience view romantic love differntly and expect more lust into it.

As an older person, I would say that NQ and SS relationship is very romantic and realistic.

If I get married I would hope for the relatinship as NQ and SS not like between NQ and MSS.

The relationship like NQ and MSS can be wane off in a few years if they not develop more dept into it.

The relationship between NQ and SS can withstand for the life time.

Agree @mei2018 they really are unique young lover that act like old married couple :joy:, that's why people see them sometimes like sibling (when they act like their real age), bickering about household like married couple, and sometimes we can smile watching their interaction like young lover  :kiss_wink:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

True. 

I believe that person who called SYR ugly must be even worse since the way she talked/judged other people appearances was already reflected whether she is ugly/beautiful on the inside:D:D  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

There are a lot SS's haters too in other website/forum, and some of them are novel  readers .

I can understand the point of views of either side. IMHO, regarding SS or MSS, I think it's just a mater of choice. From a novel POV (and the future story), it's better to choose SS. But if it was a real life, either choice is acceptable, with its own risks.

REALLY???:vicx:

I thought after they have went through cultivation by reading the novel, their minds are being opened:D but, well.. I just wondering how those book readers, who hates SS so much, are still able to stick on the novel since all the book contents are almost about SS and NQ's lives. Interesting:huh:

I never read other EN website/forum so have no ideas what is going on. I hope this final week episodes could make those haters shout with anger and fell into a deep of disappointment:angry:   

• LOL 2

30 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah .. there are a lot of complaints on SS and (of course) the scriptwriter :D .. and the director too

Some novel readers hate SS because they don't like the concept of marrying the child that you've found. Some others hate her because :

Reveal hidden contents

The events that will happen in the future story. SS will do something really bad, and they hate her for that. They prefer to have a female lead like MSS.

Its alright not to like a character, but so far Ive really enjoyed SS. I know webnovel SS is different from the drama. Im not sure how far S2 will delve into, but I like that SS is not perfect. I mean NQ isnt perfect either, so both of them have alot learning/growing to do.

• Like 2