[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

I really enjoy both series and the novel. I bought all Thai ttanslation books after watching the first few episodes and read them while waiting for the English Sub and also read the English translation that is available.

So far, I think the adaptation is pretty good and even if I did not read the novel, I will enjoy it very much. The novel has more dept into the characters' mind so we can understand them better. However, that could not be explained totally in the serires. However, I think that the serirs can convey me about the characters' feeling and it is pretty closed to the novel.

i think that the production team and actors did a great job. I especially fond of Ning-Sang relationship.

To me even in the novel, it is already beyond the romantic relationship since the begining.

These two are each other only family. So they will only choose each other no matter what.

Anyone else can destroy their relationship. 

Even Ning Que likes Mo SanSan, as she is so good lady. It is just like that he like a candy,he needs the approval of SangSang. When SangSang made him choose, naturally he chose SangSang.

• Like 6

Thank you to everybody for the updates.  From the reactions and clips I have watched it looks like a great set of episodes tonight and the drama is truly back on track:D

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks!

-EDITED-

Sorry, there's a problem in my connection. I keep on failing to edit / post comments

@angelangie I have no problems with Leon in a period garb. He looked decent as a wise King.

@lynne22, I think NQ has many costumes this week . Just for tonight's episodes, he has worn 3 costumes already. Even SS doesnt have that many :P

Btw, I just realized that the Empress was once in Nirvana in Fire 2. I'm kinda surprised because she looked very mature here, while she looked compatible with Liu Hao Ran in NIF2 :P

Reveal hidden contents

Love the fighting scene between XH-Tang. It's pretty good. I especially love how the armor deflected all attacks. Cool

Those Xilling guys are scary and lewd. Poor YHY

Too bad, YHY hasn't meet NQ this week :( ..

Really?:o who did the Empress play in Nirvana in Fire 2?  That's one of my favourite dramas but I don't remember her at all!

NQ looked so good in all his many costumes:wub:  I love seeng how his and Sang sang's clothes have evolved as they climbed up the social ladder. The costume designer on this drama did a fantastic job with everyone's wardrobe.

4 hours ago, lynne22 said:

I think one of the highlight of ep 51-53 for me is chao xiaoshu :D

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

some eyes candy for those of you who been missing Chao :D  especially @UnniSarah your pressie my dear :D 

Reveal hidden contents

0068hE0kly1fydn4qkpbjj31hc2i0he2_zps929f0068hE0kly1fydn4t3l9dj31hc2i0b2i_zpsgyfh0068hE0kly1fydn4hd8oij31hc2i0he2_zpsqebj0068hE0kly1fydn519lgoj31hc2i0npn_zpsmrd20068hE0kly1fydn4l4lkaj31hc2i0kjt_zpsbjaj0068hE0kly1fydn4ipruzj31hc1o0nph_zpsfo4e0068hE0kly1fydn4yke2tj31hc2i0npm_zpslob90068hE0kly1fydn4oaersj31hc2i0u17_zps5df3

Thanks for the Chao pictures and summary.  I'm happy just seeing him back again.  He is so charismatic and hot! :love:

Can't believe how attached I am to Chao Xiaoshu  even though he's appeared in less than 10 episodes:D It's great to see how much care was taken with casting the supporting actors .  All of them are doing a great job embodying the characters even if they just have a few lines or scenes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

Frankly, there was a point for me yesterday  where like @Wotad I wanted to take a break from the forum and just enjoy the rest of the drama.  It's not so much the criticisms of how certain scenes played out because I have similar criticisms but more the tone I felt from the past few pages where you can have the impression that the whole drama has been completely ruined and what it has done successfully got lost to pointing out everything that is wrong with it.  It just felt like for a moment the drama can do nothing right and it's not really enjoyable for the discussion to turn that way.  I'm glad we seem to be moving on from that.

im glad someone agree's with me thought i was alone in this opinion . 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Preview for next week :)

Thank you! I'm fangirling over YHY and it looks like she is training with SS? Yay!

I already enjoy her interactions with NQ so I can't wait to see her and SS together too:D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Thank you! I'm fangirling over YHY and it looks like she is training with SS? Yay!

I already enjoy her interactions with NQ so I can't wait to see her and SS together too:D

I really like the idea of YHY interacting/teaching SS some form of cultivation. Shes already in higher level & super knowledgable. I enjoy SS and her interaction w/other ladies. I also see she interacts w/ Xiaotang too. Xiaotang is awesome, along w/ her cute Pipi pet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Regarding the different opinion, I can only give a little suggestion to read only the ones that we like. I myself have skipped the posts that I didnt have any interest in :P , so I think I havent read quite many posts here in several paged back. Perhaps that'll help, considering we have different tastes  and thoughts. 

Most definitely.

I tend to watch things w/analytical lens. EN is a very detailed show, so any form of discussion, whether it be positive/negative/etc, makes engagement interesting, atleast for me. Its perfectly fine to agree/

disagree. People come and go, & say as they please.

• Like 2

I dont know much about YHY other than shes uber talented & exceeds well in cultivation, sharp tongue & fairs well in combat. I like that she takes her craft very seriously. Shes definitely one of those characters I would love to see in a spinoff series. Actually, theres a handful of characters in EN that could have their own show, if NQ/SS werent the main. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

She was :

Hide contents

The princess from the neighbouring country (north? I forgot). Remember the princess who was fighting with Xiao Pingjing in a friendly match, in front of the King etc? That's her

Thanks and :oNo way!:o If you guys had not pointed it out I would not have thought it was the same actress.  She looks so much more mature in this drama.  It must be the styling as I think the hairstyle in this drama is not very flattering

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I really like the idea of YHY interacting/teaching SS some form of cultivation. Shes already in higher level & super knowledgable. I enjoy SS and her interaction w/other ladies. I also see she interacts w/ Xiaotang too. Xiaotang is awesome, along w/ her cute Pipi pet.

Me too!  I'm excited to see SS working on her abilities and I like her working with another woman.  I really like Xiaotang and her pup too!  Honestly, I'm so pleased with the vast majority female characters in Evernight. They are all interesting and well-rounded characters.  I'm reading another webnovel at the moment where literally every female except the lead is a crazy scheming witch who is jealous of the female lead and trying to steal her man.  It's so refreshing to have all these interesting capable ladies and seeing Sang Sang's positive interactions with so many of them (except the mess with MSS in the drama but let's not get into that again:P

6 hours ago, n3bula said:

I am still waiting for eng subs so I can watch and be able to further discuss. Thanks for those who translate scenes for us. I do like the way NingSang looks at each other even more now. They look extremely happy and I'm loving it. We are seeing the transition to romance now. 

Same here.  No English subs yet but I'm enjoying NingSang's interactions again in these recent episodes.  It's like the older episodes again with their interactions and chemistry  but now they look and feel like their feelings have developed. Sang Sang is more like her old self I still would have preferred a smoother transition between the previous episodes and more episodes for it to develop but I am believing this transition of their feelings in the recent episodes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I dont know much about YHY other than shes uber talented & exceeds well in cultivation, sharp tongue & fairs well in combat. I like that she takes her craft very seriously. Shes definitely one of those characters I would love to see in a spinoff series. Actually, theres a handful of characters in EN that could have their own show, if NQ/SS werent the main. 

Yes! I would watch a spinoff for sure! A whole drama about Fu Zi and his disciples would be amazing!

Second Brother and his sidekick, Goose, solving crimes and having adventures; Third Sister being cool; Seventh Sister pinching people's cheeks and casually attacking people with needles if they disturb her embroidering; Ninth and Tenth Brother causing flash dance parties; Eleventh Brother just swinging and dispensing advice; Fourth and Sixth Brother starting a fashion line, Chen Pipi becomes a billionaire from his inventions and recipes. Fu Zi will continue chilling, living his best life sampling the finest cuisine from around the world, maybe start a food blogging YouTube channel and First Brother can be in charge of filming, editing and uploading the videos.

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Anyway, I'm curious about the pacing for this last week. Perhaps it's just a coincidence that NQ has been changing costumes several times starting this week. I heard that, originally EN was planned to have 75 episodes, but then cut into 60 episodes. I wonder whether the parts that were got cut the most were the ones in the last arc or not

I heard this too.  Not sure if it is true but that might explain some of the issues with the writing and pacing if they cut FIFTEEN episodes worth of material!  I wonder if they actually shot 75 episodes of material or if it was planned but they didn't go ahead with filming everything in the end?

I am so excited for this battle! He is the Final Boss of the season so It has to be epic:w00t:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Now , I finally started watching episode 33 with subs. I find it this so funny because Xia Hou doesn’t think he is Xiling Dog, but in my opinion he is . Since the massacre he has been handling their affairs, why does he have to feel offended when they ask him to personally handle killing NQ. 

I will admit , I didn’t in this thread for today because the vibe here wasn’t good. I think we all need to just enjoy the drama and post how we feel. It is understandable when someone of us want to complain and it is okay to do so IMHO. But there will be people who are offended by it or don’t want to read the comments that is also cool. But I still want to remind everyone that we should also talk about what he have watched and talk about what we like and don’t like about the episode we watch. Remember everything is about perspective on the viewer. I make statement on the changes but I still enjoy the drama because this by a really good Drama and I wished to own this series to watching whenever I want. We all have to come to a decision and base the drama on the drama because these changes they made because of the May characters on the drama. A novel may have many characters but in a drama it is really hard to give all the characters the same amount of air time they need. 

Like for example I just finished watching MSS and NQ ‘s interaction and  I was actually fine with it. Lol lol I am so shocked because I wasn’t annoyed, I was annoyed because I couldn’t understand what was being said between. I plan on talking more about their interaction. It seems MSS isn’t dumb at all. She figured out that NQ was lying about his true identity. Lol lol  NQ even though crushing on her still did not reveal who he is.   He was still the cool NQ I loved from the beginning. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah, well, unfortunately, this is not like Douban where a drama has multiple forums with a different topic. Here, everything from different heads goes to the same place.

Regarding YHY, I just love her bantering with NQ, and love that she has similar ways of thinking with him, and she is a badas*. She makes a good side kick for him.

Anyway, I'm curious about the pacing for this last week. Perhaps it's just a coincidence that NQ has been changing costumes several times since last week. I heard that, originally EN was planned to have 75 episodes, but then cut into 60 episodes. I wonder whether the parts that were got cut the most were the ones in the last arc.

Wow really? I hope the good parts werent cut. Id be okay watching 75 ep of EN. Heck, Id be fine w/100, but ofcourse thats not the case w/EN. The longest drama Id ever watch was ROP, & I couldnt finish it. 

YHY & NQ are both snarky w/eachother. Shes pretty eager to kill him. YHY is not a one trick pony. Shes super strong. She literally took both NQ/MSS head on & almost finished whooping their patootie if the demonsect gate hadnt open. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Like for example I just finished watching MSS and NQ ‘s interaction and  I was actually fine with it. Lol lol I am so shocked because I wasn’t annoyed, I was annoyed because I couldn’t understand what was being said between. I plan on talking more about their interaction. It seems MSS isn’t dumb at all. She figured out that NQ was lying about his true identity. Lol lol  NQ even though crushing on her still did not reveal who he is.   He was still the cool NQ I loved from the beginning. 

The preview clips on tencent made NQ/MSS & their interaction out to be more romantic than it seem. Im the same. I watched the clips w/out context so I couldnt grasph their conversation. 

MSS is more sheltered so she hasnt seen the world yet, so this arc really helped developed/gave her character a backbone/assertiveness. Like MSS said, she learned by watching NQ, which was neat. Itd been neat if NQ learned a thing or two from MSS, since she's an expert

talisman/cultivator. It wouldve add a bit of depth to their newfound relationship.

• Like 2

Just started the drama and I'm barely on ep 5. I am really enjoying it. I like NingSang interaction. I also like NQ's friend who was with him when he found SS. The places they shot the series in are beautiful. 

Why wouldn't they stick to the 75 episodes? I would've liked that. 

Kinda sad that it'll end next week. When do they start filming S2? How many episodes will they make? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Just started the drama and I'm barely on ep 5. I am really enjoying it. I like NingSang interaction. I also like NQ's friend who was with him when he found SS. The places they shot the series in are beautiful. 

Kinda sad that it'll end next week. When do they start filming S2? How many episodes will they make? 

The early episodes are great but episode 6 is amazing with one of my favourite charaacters :D

There is no news about Season 2 right now. Only rumours.  I heard they had started shooting some scenes but nothing confirmed. Still no confirmation about the cast either or info about the episode count.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I like his character & his fight scenes were good. About the shows length, it probably had to do w/production cost/budget. Im going savor every ounce left of this drama(still on ep.42). Im going to miss this show, but as the saying goes 'all good things comes to an end.' There is a S2 but Im not too sure when's the start date for production/filming.

• Like 2

I don't mind reading the spoilers and different opinions because I know it's because everyone loves the drama and the novel that in someway they feel connected to the stories and characters. I don't see it as negative but as a viewer it's normal to criticize some parts of the drama that we thought might be better specially if it involves your favorite OTP lol but that's normal it's part of being human never to be satisfied. 

I think that's what makes a forum fun being able to express what we feel from watching a drama and be able to relate or disagree with others if it's always in a respectful way we sometimes might learn something :) 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I just watched the whole ep. 46 translated and my heart is broken into pieces but it's such a good episode when you understand what they are saying. 

Here's my take... both SS and MSS are actually proactively thinking about the relationship they have or want, while NQ, the center of it all, is his usual thoughtless self.  MSS is the one who always take the first step asking questions or saying how she feels to figure out where she stands with NQ in this episode, while NQ looks like he is just figuring all this out as it happens.  Before MSS kissed NQ at the end, she says that NQ"s "feeling of liking" her is not enough.  So her interpretation of his words and actions so far is that he still does not like her in the same way she does.  It makes me feel better that MSS this whole time was not under any illusion that she has NQ's heart although she was hopeful.

When I first saw SS roaming around the house alone waiting for NQ she just looked so pathetic and pitiful but her dialogue here is actually meaningful.  She is imagining what it would be like with a third person there and where that leaves her.  And its so in character that the thing that most disturbs her is the idea of the mistress making the decisions about their money and spending it :joy:.  As heartbreaking as it is, I like that we see her realize that she is not ok with this.  And in the scene with NQ, there is just this quiet resolve in SS where she talks directly about NQ taking a wife and how MSS is very good, while it's NQ who stumbles for words and can't seem to finish the conversation.

You know what, I think NQ needed to be put in the cave not for cultivation but to develop emotional intelligence :tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Me too!  I'm excited to see SS working on her abilities and I like her working with another woman.  I really like Xiaotang and her pup too!  Honestly, I'm so pleased with the vast majority female characters in Evernight. They are all interesting and well-rounded characters.  I'm reading another webnovel at the moment where literally every female except the lead is a crazy scheming witch who is jealous of the female lead and trying to steal her man.  It's so refreshing to have all these interesting capable ladies and seeing Sang Sang's positive interactions with so many of them (except the mess with MSS in the drama but let's not get into that again:P

I love female interaction/friendship. I also like that almost everyone SS has encounter are nice/decent, besides the 3rd prince/xiling folks. Same. I dont like when female characters are written to be catty w/eachother especially if it involves a male character.<_< 

Most female characters in EN are awesome/well written. Xiaotang is very cute. I love her personality & fightstyle. After the wasteland arc, I quite like MSS too, but just not w/NQ 'cus NQ/SS :D. I also like YHY too. Im neutral towards the princess.

• Like 6