[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Joy of Life 庆余年

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, syllable said:

Yea i was really surprised at the twist in the end wish they would start filming season 2 with same cast. Really enjoyed everything about this drama.

Agree, well i just binge watched until ep 46, not really understand so i will rewatch with the engsub, with engsub i only up to ep 24 in WeTV. In parallel i will start read the novel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Agree, well i just binge watched until ep 46, not really understand so i will rewatch with the engsub, with engsub i only up to ep 24 in WeTV. In parallel i will start read the novel.

Just curious, how's the english subs? Since King's Avatar from summer was famously machine translated for quite a while. 

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, Coming to the discussion late, But have a few question about the drama. I've been following and now on ep 21, Hating I didn't let it get subbed further then it presently is before I started to watch.  

My question is whats the king relation to FX .? 

My niece and I have this heated debate about his relation to the supposed to be dad and the King. I know the old man in the wheelchair is his G/father.

Also like to know whats his relation to the old lady that raised him.. 

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Hide contents

How will he comeback for season 2 after that ending. 

Spoiler

My speculation is they will make that scene look like a clever plan Fan Xian made up with Yan Byungyun to fool the second prince with his death so he can save his master and brother.

But i seriously hope they don't pull a Jon snow here with the death.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Hello Everyone, Coming to the discussion late, But have a few question about the drama. I've been following and now on ep 21, Hating I didn't let it get subbed further then it presently is before I started to watch.  

My niece and I have this heated debate about his relation to the supposed to be dad and the King. I know the old man in the wheelchair is his G/father.

Might be spoilers, so tagged below:

Spoiler

1) King is FX's father

2) Both Fan Jian and Chen Pingping were had feelings towards FX's mother...what a popular lady.

3) The old lady that raised him is Fan Jian's mother, the former wet nurse of the king and grand princess (mentioned in passing).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Most of the answers to your questions are spoilers so if you don't mind getting spoiled here you go.

Spoiler

1. The king is his father.

2.The old man in wheelchair Cheng ping ping, his dad Fan jian and the king are childhood friends the grandfather part was a mistranslation on one of the subs. So the relationship to his Fan xian's mother is like the king is the real father, His dad is like a brother to her and the wheelchair guy is her best friend.

3. The old lady was the like grandmother to him she is the real mother of Fan Jian and the wet nurse to the king when he was young which is one of the reason he still treats her as his real mother.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Chen Ping Ping/wheelchair guy isn't his grandfather. He likes FX's mum though (?) , and is upholding her wishes by monitoring government with investigation bureau. The old lady that raised him is Fan Jian (his dad)'s mum. You'll find out about the King eventually. Right now, the King is interested in him because he's the chosen candidate for Lin Wan'er, essentially a pawn to wrestle back power and money from the Grand Princess (King's adopted sister) and Crown Prince. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the clarification.  I guess my niece was right when it came to the King relationship to him.. 

I saw the ending that was shocking and a dramatic twist on things yet still looking forward to the upcoming subbed episodes..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Thanks everyone for the clarification.  I guess my niece was right when it came to the King relationship to him.. 

I saw the ending that was shocking and a dramatic twist on things yet still looking forward to the upcoming subbed episodes..

Search the web novel. They have translated it to English. Might took weeks to finish it if u read it little by little everyday. 700++ chapters til end. 

31 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Search the web novel. They have translated it to English. Might took weeks to finish it if u read it little by little everyday. 700++ chapters til end. 

I actually created an ePub for this novel. I'm currently reading/editing the english translation.  It needs alot of proofing such as names, titles, some grammatical errors. I've read through 225 chapter and haven't gotten to where the drama ended.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, an-naum said:

9 hours ago, MK916 said:

I actually created an ePub for this novel. I'm currently reading/editing the english translation.  It needs alot of proofing such as names, titles, some grammatical errors. I've read through 225 chapter and haven't gotten to where the drama ended.

Wonder where in the novel it over takes the show, if you find out come tell me haha. 

I saw links to leaked episodes but this drama just can't be enjoyed fully by me without understanding the dialogue. 

I also saw some clips/images of XZ as Yan Bingyun on tumblr. I feel that he looks the part of the character...sorta physically fragile (after his identity was exposed) and emotionally rather fierce. I skipped around in the novel trying to see if there were characters I could be loyal to lol. I guess, I better just stick to the drama version since everyone was casted and fleshed out so well, no matter how small the role. It's hard to pick a favorite character but I guess that's the mark of a high quality production. 

Three seasons for this series, huh? I hope the funding can be sustained!! This "season" so far is very strong, so I'd hate to be disappointed later on. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, elsanna said:

The drama ended??? How come this fast...how many episode did this season have?

Rumoured for 3 seasons

15 hours ago, elsanna said:

One more question... Feng tijing is really dead... I thought he has role... and most importantly when will xiao Zhan make his grand entrance:P

Yeah sadly Teng ZiZing is really dead. Xiao Zhan as Yan BingYun will appear on somewhere ep 38-39, i forgot, small yet strong character. 

I just rewatch from ep 1 (although i havent finished watching in engsub), there are some beautiful moments that hard to forget, my faves are:

1. When FX about to go to capital, leaving a cute forehead kiss for his grandmom, that scene is beautifully made, tears is just flowing like that...

2. FX 1st meeting with LWE in the temple.

3. FX 3rd meeting with LWE, he disguised as a doctor and finally realized that "Chicken Thigh Girl" is her and the date in night.

4. FX avenged Teng ZiZing in Investigation Office and killed Cheng JungShu, his emotion omg omg omg! 

5. FX 1st encounter Grand Princess aka LWE's mother.

6. FX drunk and made a hundreds of poem in the banquet.

7. FX 1st met with HaiDang DuoDuo

8. His dance with Hai Dang DuoDuo in the banquet.

What are yours?

• Like 1