Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

On 3/24/2019 at 12:16 AM, Mary Pacete said:

Guys, do you know who is Ma wang’s son?

Do you mean which character or the actor?

Spoiler

Ma Wang's son is the boy from the peddler woman's shop. The actor is Jung Jae-won aka ONE.

On a side note, I noticed Hwayugi is finally on Netflix again. Finally!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 7:36 PM, briseis said:

It's a deleted scene from episode 2 during their fake date together with this scene

why was it deleted? so its not there in the drama anymore? and there was a karioke scean where ogong sang for samjang... is a deleted scean too?

Hello, "Hwayugi" fans: I'm hoping a Korean speaker who watched this show can help me out with a question.  I recently watched the show, and I'm tempted to write a fanfiction story involving Lee Han-Joo's future with Hanbit Real Estate, and the future of the Winter General.  But as an English-speaker with very little knowledge of Korean, I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the names of the characters described in the subtitles/English-language discussions as "Winter General" (or General Winter, General Frost, etc.) and "Summer Fairy" are in the actual Korean used in the show.  I have seen "Winter General" called "Dong Janggun" (Eastern General?); is that what he's actually referred to as in the show?  And I've seen Summer Fairy rendered as "Fairy Ha," but I've had a difficult time figuring out what this name might actually mean, since "Ha," as far as I can learn, doesn't seem to mean "Summer."  And what is "Fairy" in Korean?  At any rate--if someone can help me out with this, it will be deeply appreciated.  Many thanks!