[Drama 2017-2018] Enemies from the Past, 전생에 웬수들

0ly40

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved today episode and we were right that she is considering her current circumstances and why it would not gel well together because they are from different classes.  She does not know that if it wasn't for the grandma taking in or keeping the DIL, JS would also be in the same class as her.  Also, his mother was an orphan when she married.    

It is difficult to see GY be in such pain just trying to push JS away because of it.  I wish she would just give in and date him and then make a decision afterwards if they are compatible and meant to be together.  

Also, loved the way JS is being proactive in helping GY with her family and even learning cooking for the sake of her brother.  It was nice seeing JS bearing all to GY and how he does not get nightmares anymore.  It was so sweet just like yesterday's episode.  

But @sava2sava said, will the reveal happen much earlier than anticipated?

Guest wdsayang

I loved JS. I loved the way he tried to changes GY's mind. He really knows how to win GY's heart. He's funny too, i was LOL when he tried to make a good impressions in front of GY's mom. But, sadly his mom have a problem with GY's mom, and they seemed like enemy now. So it won't go easy. Both moms will do everything to make them not seeing each other again. 

But glad we have halmoni, who will play as a matchmaker for them.

I think that Halmoni realizes who each of the other person likes. I can see her playing matchmaker for JS and GY.

In the end I do not see TP and NR still together so whatever family connection GY and JS could have had between them will be null and voided. TP is starting to wake up to being a old fool but he has no one to go back to but his sister. YS is finding love again although I expect her to walk away for a bit or the Uncle will. GY has found love with JS and will hide it for awhile. No one will be there to welcome him back (as it should be) except for his sister.

TP can't all the blame on NR for what happen because he allowed her access and free reign to do the things she did to his former family. He was happy to let NR run things for him. His own greed and need to have a woman think he was awesome got him.

Wow I couldn’t stop laughing at how JS behaved with GY’s mom.  I can see JS thinking ‘I can’t lose my GY. Here is the god given chance and I can prove to GY’s mom that I’m a good SIL material.  Come on  you genius brain  Think  Say something’.  It was funny to see JS trying to flatter GY’s mom who seemed quite baffled by the whole situation.   haha

I’m glad GY was honest about her feeling so JS knew why she rejected him.   JS dove right in to woo her back and it seemed to be working.  Unfortunately their two moms  were walking on the wrong track though I couldn’t help but enjoy seeing their hilarious encounters.

ggeh0N2.jpg

http://sports.mk.co.kr/view.php?year=2018&no=86970

23 hours ago, awsparkle said:

@booha

According to JS's character description.  (Despite the obstacles they faced as a couple wanting to get married, he stays with Choi Go-ya through it all to make her his wife).

The plot says GY and JS fall deeply in love but JS's aunt turns out to be the very woman GY's father had an affair with. GY has to choose between JS or her mother and she and JS decide to lie in order to have it both ways 

Since NR is JS's aunt I think that would make JS GY's cousins right now. If GY and JS were to marry TP would be JS's father in law not his uncle. NR would become JS's mother in law not his aunt. TP divorced YS and abandoned his children so the registry probably was changed which does not make the family.. The other thing could happen is TP and NR divorce. That would make GY her niece only. What would make things even simple is if GY is not blood related to none of the people she calls or called family.

@hibiscus23

GY's been put down so much by YS and GB she can't grasp why a guy like JS would really like her. She knows she likes him but does he really like her or is it just pity. 

In Korea  children keep their father’s last name(family name) even after their parents divorce.    That’s why TP sued GY for financial support as they are father and daughter legally.  
But we know that GY isn’t a real daughter to GY’s mom and TP might not be her real father either.  

BTW  After reading  yours I went to the MBC site and read about JS which has a different description.   
Asianwiki has a plot line:   http://asianwiki.com/Enemies_from_the_Past  
 “Go-Ya (Choi Yoon-Young) supports her family by doing part-time work. Her father had an affair and left home 10 years ago. She is now looking for a regular full-time job. Ji-Seok (Gu Won) is a lawyer who specializes in divorces. He is skeptical about marriage, but he meets Go-Ya and gets close to her. They face a difficult situation. “

5 hours ago, sava2sava said:

ok @hibiscus23 Ep 59, I think your guessing to soon the way this drama is progressing

@sava2sava hahahaha that only goes to show i'm rushing things for them LOL!

btw just finished epi 52 & woah OTP just making me more anxious for them! how can we find such a sweet guy like JS? he even learned how to cook the food that's good for kidney patients! too sad when she turned him down but we can relate to how GY is feeling she even stressed out to him that she may be realistic (person) but she's not materialistic!

@booha yes me too that was a cute scene and the assistant even got more excited for JS that he kinda spat on his hands to make him look more sleek! LOL i really am enjoying JS/GY scenes and Choi yoon young as GY is so good in her role, i also think that Gu Won (JS charac) is just as good & cute/funny and i hope this is gg to be a good break for him after this drama! yeah JS realizes GY's honesty at least he knows that she likes him too and that 'kiss' was not a  mistake w/c both of them admitted! :)

@angelwingssf thx for sharing that site where i watched latest epi and it's quite good the subs are quite easy to read bec of its large fonts :) I agree JS is such a nice person to the point that he's willing to share her burden and how did you and chingoos here like JS' dialogue that he will walk wherever she goes - in other words he's willing to be on her side thru thick & thin! there are so many hidden stuff in this drama that we still need to see uncover in front of our very eyes and that's what makes this drama interesting every time each epi ended!

@awsparkle i think i've said it before GY is unselfish, she knows her place and remember she told him in this epi that he's too nice a man for her! i luv it when JS said to GY you are turning me down or something like that :) ?

as always, i'm sure all of us can't wait for the next one!

anybody here who's also watching Man Who Sets the Table? i thought of asking coz while am waiting for this drama i go & watch MWSTT :) so until tomorrow we'll meet again here chingoos! omo but with the Winter Olympics starting this Thurs., we may not see them b/cast this drama right? awwww

@hibiscus23

Today’s episode was sweet.  Yes  I was happy to see the way JS pursued GY.  Seeing how JS behaved with GY’s mom was unbelievably funny.  Oh I forgot about assistant’s helping hands. whahaha     Btw you mentioned about the wedding.  Yup there will be a wedding.  Here are a few posters.    
PS So you are watching MWSTT.  I watched it  at the beginning  but I dropped it.  Instead following ‘my golden life’ and ‘happy sisters’(daily)  and ‘misty’  at the moment

0AI9mzq.jpg

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20171120110003477

I absolutely love the future mother in law and son in law moment. The ninety degree bow of respect. And the "buttering" that she looked like Go Ya's older sister and her skin looks so good. Even his assistant referred Go Ya's mother as his future mother in law when he announced she had arrived.

7 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@angelwingssf thx for sharing that site where i watched latest epi and it's quite good the subs are quite easy to read bec of its large fonts :) I agree JS is such a nice person to the point that he's willing to share her burden and how did you and chingoos here like JS' dialogue that he will walk wherever she goes - in other words he's willing to be on her side thru thick & thin! there are so many hidden stuff in this drama that we still need to see uncover in front of our very eyes and that's what makes this drama interesting every time each epi ended!

Yes he is.  He is sweetum for real.  Sharing one's good and bad and difficulties and happiness -  Oh what do they call that?  -- marriage.  If he was a guy to run away just knowing about GY father, would we have liked him.  Not me per se.  Because that would probably be reality (90%) vs. guys likes JS - which is the other 10%. 

I am watching Man who sets the table.  -  Jeez too many distractions in that one.  We can converse on that forum.

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

I absolutely love the future mother in law and son in law moment. The ninety degree bow of respect. And the "buttering" that she looked like Go Ya's older sister and her skin looks so good. Even his assistant referred Go Ya's mother as his future mother in law when he announced she had arrived.

It was hilarious.  He was complimenting her skin and saying she looks so young and so on.  It was funny and comedic relief with GY and JS conversation not lovey dovey any more.  

6 hours ago, booha said:

Today’s episode was sweet.  Yes  I was happy to see the way JS pursued GY.  Seeing how JS behaved with GY’s mom was unbelievably funny.  Oh I forgot about assistant’s helping hands. whahaha     Btw you mentioned about the wedding.  Yup there will be a wedding.  Here are a few posters.    

I hope sooner than later.  I hate couples going in circles and going through the hardship alone.  

Guest wdsayang

Today was a heartbreaking eps, I've begun to feel sorry for JS who fighting alone. Especially after seeing the preview for tomorrow eps. He really tries to prove that his love is genuine for her.On the other hand I also feel sorry for GY, she must refrain from loving the person she loves. And sadly her mother was so heartless, how could she looking down on GY as if she had no value at all.Though she probably meant to remind GY to keep thinking realistically, but there should be a better way to say it. I really feel sad and angry at the same time with that ungrateful family.I wish GY could be selfish for her own life,and not be a candle that burns herself just to light up the others. Let them feel life without you GY! 

1 hour ago, wdsayang said:

Let them feel life without you GY! 

What you said is just apt.  Really!! Can this girl get any worse.  But, that said, with the mother touting that she should just mind being realistic, can she even dream.  That is why in this world, mothers are so IMPORTANT.  A mother who wipes out any dreams from her child's eyes is not a mother at all.  May be being partial about mothers.  Sorry, if there are fathers around here.  Not meaning to demean them either.  I would say a parent's responsibility is to work hard to feed their children, guide them and allow them to spread their wings and fly.  I am so thankful for my parents who taught me that and I taught that to my children. 

GY, go find your life and the minute she says she will do that, he mom will spout out how she is so selfish and her birth secret will be outed.  

Chingu’s I figured out who are the couples to be in this drama. If you look at the hand movement it tell a story. What do you think???

IMG%5D    

@angelwingssf

Chingu , this disrespect and unloved mother will lose GY for good. I feel that GY will find out she isn’t related to them soon. This revelation will push her to be selfish after everything she did for them. Choi Tae-Ran’s big mouth will reveal everything by mistake. Once that happen this ungrateful family will learn to be more appreciative and will miss her. GW is the one going to bring the family back together. His love for her and the fact he will be missing her terribly. 

@UnniSarah -  Thank you for making it explicitly clear.    It should happen to GY - NOT BIO MOM.  I was so angry today on how she dissed GY with the match maker.  She is thinking why eveyone is trying to take her GY away.  What is GY to her.  Just an object to hate or take advantage of.  She is fixing up for GB -  and the matchmaker just said it perfectly - immature.  

In the preview, did JS get into an accident?

37 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

@UnniSarah -  Thank you for making it explicitly clear.    It should happen to GY - NOT BIO MOM.  I was so angry today on how she dissed GY with the match maker.  She is thinking why eveyone is trying to take her GY away.  What is GY to her.  Just an object to hate or take advantage of.  She is fixing up for GB -  and the matchmaker just said it perfectly - immature.  

In the preview, did JS get into an accident?

I'm thinking he didn't but GY assumes he did and that will cause her to finally accept JS (but then the writer trolled us too many times and this scenario is just too easy) only to find JS standing to the stand as it wasn't him involved in the accident.

I'm only glad that his grandmother is on their side. She loves GY and knows her personality/character. 

GY's mom is just too selfish. She's definitely not treating GY as a daughter but as a servant/maid/money maker. She has no problems trying to set up GB to find a good man, but doesn't want someone to take GY away. Because she knows that if GY ever leaves, she'll be left to take care of the family which no one in their family can. This tells me that GY really isn't her bio daughter.

Perhaps her cousin knows this secret which is why he seems to have feelings for her.

GB is just useless waste of space. She better not end up with JS' brother. She does not deserve a happy ending. She's too selfish, petty and has no care for anyone else. Only when she was in trouble when ONR was suing her for injuring TP, did she treat GY nice because she needed help and was scared that she would go to jail. But once the lawsuit was dropped, she's back to her b**chy self!!!

chingoos just finished the latest epi which i started this morning but had to hit the road so i just cont'd tonight & woah what an episode, our OTP continues to make my heart beat so fast for them!

@angelwingssf am also watching Man who sets the table and it's an interesting one too!

i agree with you & @UnniSarahthat part w/ GY 's mother & the matchmaker i just loath her for always putting GY down & mostly boasting for the other annoying sister! in spite of the hardships GY had gone through this mother is very ungrateful and not appreciative of what GY's been doing for the family! yes i agree with the couple you circled :)

yeah that cliffhanger seems to imply that JS got into an accident? let's hope not!

it was nice to see GY opening up to halmoni about her feelings & it'll be interesting once she finds out it's JS she's talking about! she really have a deep feeling for him but unselfish as she is, she's trying to push him away but i think she'll be unsuccessful at that since JS is really determined to be with her!

@whome i also feel that GY cousin must know something  hence he seems to have feelings for her even from some few (early) episodes ago! one credit i'd give to his mother is that she really adores GY and always showing her support for her, at least better than GY's mother (we still have to address her as GY's mother, albeit we all have a strong suspicion.

that she's only an adoptive mom). i sometimes wondered too if GY's bio father is that mean one or he's just a friend of GY's bio parents?).

@booha chingoo i agree there has to be a wedding and those posters spoke volumes! yes am happy too seeing JS pursuing GY and funny how he must've conspired the owner of the claw machine where GY at one try won the 'wish doll', JS is super sweet and i hope GY will not push him away too much! :(

The way I see it GY is going to realize she just can't let her feelings go and she will be selfish. If she is that upset at his being trapped in that elevator then JS too has to see she loves him a lot. My guess is GY will be made to stop pushing him away. For what reason if both are suffering.

Whenever you have a OTP that has to fight hard to stay away from one another for reasons such as one does not think they are good enough. (and has been told that by the person she sees as her mother) When they finally give in no one will be able to break them up.  When they finally face the fact that the love they have is not going away and should be together they will never part no matter what happens after that.  The struggle makes them realize how precious that love truly is.

YS will only learn her own lesson when she realizes her feelings for the Dr. but has to part herself from him due to who his ex wife was.

I hope that we get to see GY's bio mom and that she is rich. I think YS has to loose GY in order to appreciate what she had for years.

Archived