[Drama 2017-2018] Enemies from the Past, 전생에 웬수들

0ly40

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highlight of today's ep for me (besides the OTP finally coming together and admitting their feelings for one another) as JS realizing that the young boy who's been giving him love advice is no other than GY's little brother. His reaction to this news was hilarious. He was so happy and ecstatic whereas GW was like "WTH!" :grin:

I think the best scene for me was JS and GY in the car and they promising to not let go of one another. It was especially direct on the fact he asked her to take his hand. So many times they say "hold on to me" or "take my hand and not let that hand go" and they end up doing just that letting go of that hand when the pressure gets too much. Given what the profile says about these two I can really see them holding each others hand no matter how much they go through (and it will be a lot given their families) even when they are hiding they are still together. I will be very disappointed if the writers has them let go of one another when times get tough.

Please tell me GY's cousin is not about to confess his feelings or that she is not blood related to anyone in that house? I get the feeling he is upset at seeing GY with a boyfriend and not for reasons that relate to worrying about her being hurt.

Great Job today ES in shutting GB down. For far too long she has thought her body and face where all that and used them. Finally someone took her to tasks over her behavior and her displaying her favors. Unfortunately for her instead of taking what he said positively (even though he blasted her in front of others) she quit because she was embarrassed. Sure she should wear her work out clothing at the gym but all of that bending over and trying to display her body intentionally was foolish. ES has shown her on many occasions that he is not swayed by that. ES is the one to show GB what she has allowed to happen to herself because of her issues with what her father did. I do not see them in a relationship but at east I hope he wakes her up to her own vanity and selfishness.

Guest wdsayang

@Ldy Gmerm I totaly agree with you. Their scene in the car is the most special today's eps. they had promised each other to stay together no matter what. And hopefully there is no scene, one of them gives up if the problem becomes more complicated. I don't want this drama to repeat the drama-story that has been there before. I want them to keep fighting together until the end of the story.

@whome that scene was hilarious. I loved it too :D

@awsparkle this will be a very long torture for our hearts.

14 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

You are right.  She wants to push him away by being mean.  But the way she handled it was wrong

@angelwingssf  Yes she could have been much nicer, But the environment that's she's been living in and the abuse she gets from her family members cuts deep into her bones so this is what she thinks she should do to make him back off and hate her at least if he goes away hating her she knows he would think of her once in a while as she will think of him.. But she came around.. 

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@angelwingssf  Yes she could have been much nicer, But the environment that's she's been living in and the abuse she gets from her family members cuts deep into her bones so this is what she thinks she should do to make him back off and hate her at least if he goes away hating her she knows he would think of her once in a while as she will think of him.. But she came around.. 

i agree! the way she talked to him was like she's v v mad - but for what? for liking her? she cld've handled it in a diff way - not the way she did! i guess in epi 55 she sorta redeemed herself and luvd that scene where she thot he was really inside the elevator & how cute was that JS heard her confessing that she lied & that she really likes him! :)

this wait for 2 wks is torture! :( however we can just expect that in epi 56 this irking mother's voice will be the obstacle in their love affair but remember they promised ea other inside the car that nothing can hinder them? so let's hope JS will be a big Danny Boy and be relentless in dealing with this! don't you guys get annoyed with that sister of hers, she's an ear-biting obnoxious woman pursuing JS brother! LOL i hope he keeps his ears intact up to the end of this drama!

22 hours ago, sava2sava said:

True, she has grown up that way and has been living with the abuse from them.  But she has worked outside for more than 10 years and knows how to work with people - good, bad and ugly.  She probably knows how and when to be firm and make the other person understand her from her point of view.  We all would have learnt that either by watching someone or taught by our bosses or by our peers with 360 degree evaluations.  We don't learn everything from home.  So, when she wanted JS to give up on her, she could have been a little nicer and still gotten her point across.  

Her so called mother is one ignoramus piece of work.  Saying that GY has nothing to offer and guys like GB because of her flair and her ear biting and drinking character.  WAs she like that too?  She has checked out of her life and expecting GY to fend for the family which by itself is bad.  

Thanks for the elevator getting stuck - GY came around quick ;   Hope they stay together during tough times  - the beginning of abuse from mother in law and the push and pull from OSR and ONR  --  I want to see how JS is going to handle his mother and how GY and JS will together handle ONR when the cat is let out of the bag and how JS will treat his mother and ONR.  

@hibiscus23

i agree with @sava2sava that GY handled trying to stop JS from pursuing her  the best way she knew how. She was harsh and it hurt JS but she was also hurting. After what YS and GB said to her it just brought home she was no one special. If she could stop him now she wouldn't be hurt later. GY knew she liked JS but she didn't know how special and precious he was to her . JS was coming back to tell her she was special to him but the elevator incident made GY realize just how special JS was to her. Now that they are on the same page and as @Ldy Gmerm said no one will be able to come between them. They will do whatever they have to to weather the storms they both know is coming. The only thing is they don't know just how big that storm is going to be. 

SR and NR want to know who this girl is that has captured JS's heart. Their impatience and meddling is going to bring out  a storm of secrets and hidden truths. I think NR will get her slap down first since her life is already going down the drain.. . JS will see his aunt for the person she really is and not the picture she's painted of herself to him. It's going to hurt JS deeply but he now has GY by his side. It will be a shock to her also but they will deal with it together.  

As for SR I think Halmoni will deal with her first with some facts about herself.  Halmoni will remind her of her background and the real reason she didn't like her. She saw right through her from the beginning. That she only pretends to be warm and caring but only to those she can or are trying to control. When she loses or can't gain control she becomes rude,  condescending.and dismissive What Halmoni points out to SR won't get through because she doesn't see anything she's done or her actions as being wrong. 

@Ldy Gmerm

From GY's flashbacks at one time she was a treasured child to TP.  I agree YS is going to have to lose GY in order for her to realize what she did to her. As payback to TP she turned GY into their slave and made her responsible for all of them. She mistreated belittle and berated GY in order to keep her in line. The more she put her down the harder GY worked to please her mother. YS doesn't want to lose GY because she would have to stand up and take responsibility for herself and her children. 

I don't think the cousin is going to confess his feelings to GY. He's a wimp who can't even tell his mother he's no longer a teacher. Mother and son are alike in their ways of always spilling something. 

It was very enjoyable to watch GB finally get her slap down by ES. He has been trying to tell her for the longest he wasn't interested. ES is a nice guy but her biting his ear again got under his skin and made him mad and discussed with GB. Of course ES will feel bad about embarrassing GB but it was needed. She needed a wake up call to snap her out of the fantasy world she lives in that she's all that and the things she makes up in her head. Her behavior and dressing style is trashy and obnoxious and he's not someone who was turned on by it. I also don't see them ending up together but more so as friends.  

@awsparkle we all know that JS mother will give GY a hard time for sure bec she's into that woman and little did she know her disappointment will be one she needs to reckoned with! i hope also that GY will be strong enough to deal with that when the time comes! that NR woman won't stop at nothing n wait till she realizes that it's GY who captured her nephew's heart!

23 hours ago, orangeluv said:

I must have missed something where did JS mom get this announcer from?? 

It was from JS’s cousin.  (EP29) She and JS’s mom got curious about the girl in the photo showing  JS with a girl(GY).  So she went out to find who that girl was. Later she came back and told JS’s mom that she heard  there was a VIP patient in the hospital  on the day JS came to the hospital. This girl is an announcer and the daughter of the member of the National Assembly who might be running for president.   Moreover she was in JS’s elementary school.   Then as their brains swam downward,  JS’s mom came to fantasize about her possible future DIL, an announcer.  haha  

22 minutes ago, booha said:

It was from JS’s cousin.  (EP29) She and JS’s mom got curious about the girl in the photo showing  JS with a girl(GY).  So she went out to find who that girl was. Later she came back and told JS’s mom that she heard  there was a VIP patient in the hospital  on the day JS came to the hospital. This girl is an announcer and the daughter of the member of the National Assembly who might be running for president.   Moreover she was in JS’s elementary school.   Then as their brains swam downward,  JS’s mom came to fantasize about her possible future DIL, an announcer.  haha  

Exactly... She envisioned this one woman as her future daughter in law and what she will get is just what she needs. A woman who she has run into a few times and been extremely rude not only to GY but also her mother. The woman is going to bust a gut at finding out JS is in love with GY instead of some rich girl who she thought would bring her status up.

GY's cousin already told her that she would end up putting her life on the line to split up the woman that JS would love. that she would fight tooth and nail to get them to part and never accept the woman. JS's mom could not understand why that was if he was going to be with the announcer. Of course she jumped to her own conclusions after seeing the woman with similar gloves that JS had in his room. She assumed he gave them to the woman never thinking that the store would have more than one pair they sold. It was her own greed that made her think he was with the announcer and she is going to get her bubble popped when she learns the truth. It will only get worse when she learns that GY is TP's daughter.

Remember in SR's mind TP is the bad guy and seduced and ruined NR's marriage. Its going to be some huge blows when she has the truth thrown in her face of what NR really did to ruin GY's family. SR will not be able to cover things up because JS had found out the truth as an outsider all he needs it to put faces with the names. I can see SR loosing JS over her attitude and her nastiness but then its what the woman deserves.

@awsparkle

I would love for Halmoni to tell SR exactly why she does not like her and that it has nothing to do with her background and everything to do with her knowing she was a gold digger trying to come up. I hope we will get to see lots of scenes where Halmoni is siding with GY when SR is being a rude witch and see Halmoni show GY affection over her own DIL who has played the victim card for far too long in what happen with JS's father.

On 2/10/2018 at 7:29 PM, awsparkle said:

As for SR I think Halmoni will deal with her first with some facts about herself.  Halmoni will remind her of her background and the real reason she didn't like her. She saw right through her from the beginning. That she only pretends to be warm and caring but only to those she can or are trying to control. When she loses or can't gain control she becomes rude,  condescending.and dismissive What Halmoni points out to SR won't get through because she doesn't see anything she's done or her actions as being wrong. 

@awsparkle  I agree Halmoni will lay out the difference to OSR the difference between her and GY..  Halmoni will tell her that GY isn't out to gain status like she was nor do she care for it.. GY isn't coming banging on the door with a pregnancy in tow to be apart of the family demanding marriage like she did..  Were going to see OSR pulling all kinds of stunts because of her own past..  

Guest wdsayang

Hello all, i missed our fav kdrama. Today I made a special video for our OTP. If you missed them too, you can see the video here

hope you guys like it. :lol:

@wdsayang woah 2 thumbs up waaay up! we surely miss our OTP and i dunno how i can survive these 2 wks w/o seeing them and here you are with a blockbuster vid :) many thx for sharing, luvd it!:heart: i luv both their innocence and look at GY's reaction when she's surprised every time JS emerges with something unexpected like that umbrella scene, etc.

i agree w/@sava2sava JS is madly in love :)

On 2/11/2018 at 12:04 AM, orangeluv said:

I must have missed something where did JS mom get this announcer from?? 

JS's mother saw JS talking to the announcer in the hallway when she had gone to see him.  She also saw that the announcer had a pair of red gloves and then assumed they had been given to her by JS.  

I was kinda annoyed when YS and GB were all like ‘haha yeah right like a lawyer could like GY’ uhmmm what makes you think GY is so overconfident like your self entitled daughter to already think she’s good enough? You don’t have to rub it in her face. Like when the mom screamed at GY after she fought with JSs mom at the temple ‘cause GY didn’t get her a nice sweater to her fault.’ I cannot wait till GYs aunt (TR?) dream comes true and GY leaves that family that totally takes her for granted. I’m glad it didn’t take forever to get GY to come around cause I was starting to get annoyed with er too. Okay yes I understand you have pride and you’re insecure blah blah blah. But I just kept thinking if you’re gonna make such a big deal in the beginning how are you gonna handle finding it NR is his aunt/bio mom,  his ‘foster’ mom(not confirmed but seeems obvious by how she told NR that she’s not his mom like it insinuating something deeper) who hates YS, and then if GB continues being a selfish brat then she might try to sabotage their relation so she can be with ES. Then there’s the cousin which is border (faux?)cest with his questionable feelings for GY. Not to mention her horrible ‘dad’ that’s already hanging around house for an ‘investment.’ Funny how they’re trying to get money to impress the very people they’ve been trying to squeeze money out of. Like someone on here said, I really hope that the show surprises us and that neither GY nor JS pull away from each other as more reveals happen.

are there no new episodes this week cause of the Olympics?

Archived