[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Sweet Dreams 一千零一夜

sugarplum892

I am really enjoying this drama a lot. I'm happy they are taking the romance slow. There are 45 episodes and them not getting together fast means that they can keep up the comedic tone and also lessen the angst episodes later. 

I especially enjoy the dreams, the trio's friendship and the father daughter scenes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this drama a lot. Everything about it is cotton candy fluff. From the upbeat opening theme to the way it's shot. I think Reba shines more in silly roles like this. I much prefer her in modern contemporary dramas over costume period ones. 

Deng Lun just has such boyish good looks with a winning smile. He plays another stereotypical jerk here. Loved him in Because of Meeting You. 

It's funny how Bo Hai is the damsel in distress in their dreams! Ling Qi has good friends. I like Mo Nan but he has better chemistry with Qi2 over Bao Ni LoL. 

And aish that evil girl from Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms has been typecast here as well. Looking forward to more episodes! 

Hi everyone,

Haven't checked in on this drama, because waiting for subs and I finally caught up to english subs on episode 14. It is a slow pace on the love between Ling Ling Qi and Bo Hai. From the trailer, it seems like they were going to move quickly, but I guess not, either way, I am loving it. I have to say Deng Lun looks very handsome in this drama. :D

I am currently following the show and I can say the episodes from 10 onwards have been getting better and better. The pace is so good that I couldn't help squealing watching the latest episodes (all caught up to Ep 24). The anticipation of seeing the couple finally getting together is building beautifully and it is in no small part due to the fact they were annoying each other (the slow episodes) at first. Deng Lun is not really my type lookwise but after watching the series, he kind of grows on me. The actor playing CM has great comic timing.

On 6/29/2018 at 8:53 AM, sugarplum892 said:

yes, in ep7-8 he does but not yet in ep 6. same too, i like how she realizes that lol

He'll know it's her...

Spoiler

in ep 25...all his dreams will come in flashbacks ..it happens when Qiqi fell onto him from a high ladder and accidentally they kissed and at the moment he knew it's her. Her face became visible to him in all the flashbacks.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:42 AM, visiopeia said:

i cried starting ep 41 - 43 .. gosh.. hopefully ep 44 will have a better one.. if not, this whole week my eyes gonna swollen ... i want a sweet sweet scene!!!! Deng Lun and Dilriba is too sweet ady!!!! 

These drams love goign to same typical path most likely have to wait until the last episode.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Sweet Dreams 一千零一夜
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why is this thread only 4 pages?! I mean that’s not much lol... 

Ok I’m currently at episode 41. Didn’t start it yet but I’m so MAD against Qi Qi... Mo Nan I don’t even want to talk about him, just want him to kill himself already :@ and omg I cried so bad for Bo Hai and probably gonna cry a lot soon again ;( ! Btw, Deng Lun is so handsome in this drama HAHA <3 

• 1 month later...

The show performed quite well in China. Denglun and Dilraba are very compatible in looks and won lots of praises for their chemistry. 

If you can put up with the first 10 or so episodes, you will be rewarded immensely. There are plenty of memorable and heart-meltingly sweet moments.

I love this drama but some of the later developments are too melodramatic and quite unnecessary. I suspect they were added for the sake of having more episodes but ironically, critical scenes were cut out in the last episode. The happy ending leaves one unsatisfied as it is rushed and a lot of points are not explained or don't make sense.

• 4 months later...

I just finished watching this (Late bloomer Deng Lun fan here haha). They got great chemistry. I love this drama except the ending. It was indeed confusing. The build up was slow for most of the drama, but rushed the ending. I would love to see our dear BoHai continue being the CEO of FlowerPlus instead of opening a smaller flower shop. I didn't really get the point. That and other things that needed explanation. LOL. 

1001 just ended its run on Shenzhen Cable TV station and not surprisingly, the ending inspired the same reactions among the Chinese netizens as it did the first time round. It is too bad they can't release the scenes that were brutally cut from the ending.

Just to share, Ashes of Love and 1001 were screened this year on 2 separate stations in Korea. Many Korean viewers were enamoured with Deng Lun's looks and acting.

Archived