[Drama 2018] Live 살다

larus

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sad that the patrol squad may split up in the end. If HS retires, KM and MH will probably return to the criminal affairs division because they only came to this patrol station for HS. YC will probably become the new head and SS will probably stay. No idea about JO as she may stay or go work w/ JM in women/child affairs.

The love triangle pretty much died after ep 10 (it was doomed since the beginning anyway as SS is the main character). Now the question is whether JO will end up w/ SS or choose her career. When they were holding hands, SS told her not to let go, but she ended up taking her hand out to answer the victim's phone call.

37 minutes ago, scout said:

So sad that the patrol squad may split up in the end. If HS retires, KM and MH will probably return to the criminal affairs division because they only came to this patrol station for HS. YC will probably become the new head and SS will probably stay. No idea about JO as she may stay or go work w/ JM in women/child affairs.

The love triangle pretty much died after ep 10 (it was doomed since the beginning anyway as SS is the main character). Now the question is whether JO will end up w/ SS or choose her career. When they were holding hands, SS told her not to let go, but she ended up taking her hand out to answer the victim's phone call.

I think she will choose her career,her and all of them-rookies  are so into pursuing their career ambitions in this stage.But as me,i think they should have more fun:wink::D

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Appreciate reading everyone’s differing thoughts on the love triangle which is coming to an end sooner than I thought. My sinking ship ...:wacko:. I Guess Sang Soo will have a genuinely good chance now since Myung Ho looks quite hung up on his ex. And I would not want JO to continue this if he can’t wholeheartedly give himself to her . Sigh .

Yes I noticed that too while watching this weekend’s raws. She holds his hand and afterwards there’s s scene of seeing the locket. But what’s interesting is she doesn’t see the locket and then hold SSs hand so I feel like despite MH being still in love with his ex, she also has had feelings for SS.

Hi, chingu. Reading your posts with interest. I've been watching, too, but this drama's hard to find here. Not on usual sites like Viki, etc. Someone mentioned watching it on Netflix? But don't see it airing here. Frustrating. But I've been finding a way.

It's the show that I find the most comforting in some way. However flawed these characters are, they really try to ride to the rescue of people in trouble. They don't feel cynical or inhumane.

And I love YC! He's my favorite character.  Love his anger, integrity, wry humor, pigheadedness, everything about him.  I like his wife, too. Love the way the writing makes it clear that although she loves him, she's had enough. I hope they can get their marriage back together. My favorite scene in episode 11: YC singing to her as she rests in his arms finally and falls asleep. I don't know what he's singing. And I don't know what she's saying to him. But it was comforting. I wish them both the best. 

Anyway, just hello. I'm watching with you, too. Great show.

Watch: Lee Kwang Soo Is A Lonely Third Wheel In Making Video For “Live”

Jung-Yoo-Mi-Shin-Dong-Wook-Lee-Kwang-Soo

It seems that Lee Kwang Soo can’t catch a break in a recently released making video for “Live.”

The video begins with Jung Yoo Mi and Shin Dong Wook filming a romantic scene together. The two are blowing bubbles, with Jung Yoo Mi waving her bubble wand around excitedly, and Shin Dong Wook jokingly punching the bubbles intensely. They then film their scene, where she has fun with the bubbles and he swoops in to plant a kiss on her cheek. Lee Kwang Soo then hilariously yells from afar, “Jung Oh [Jung Yoo Mi’s character]! Let’s ride bicycles together!”

The next scene they film is of Jung Yoo Mi, Shin Dong Wook, Lee Kwang Soo, and Lee Joo Young. The four of them hang out and things heat up as Shin Dong Wook and Lee Kwang Soo get very competitive in their video game. Jung Yoo Mi also gets teased by the other actors in between takes, as Shin Dong Wook had ruffled her hair too much.

,more https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/15/watch-lee-kwang-soo-lonely-third-wheel-making-video-live/

Kwangsoo already changed his haircut on Running Man, which makes me think they finished the filming for Live. They were teasing him about Sangsoo being a different sort, without naming the show (because they aren't allowed to name shows not on their network.). But watching him there and then here, you know Sangsoo wouldn't be doing the mudflat thing that Kwangsoo did.

I hope, though, that Kwangsoo's next project shows more of his range, though. He can play over the top, but at his core he's quite introverted and probably a bit insecure from the complaints about him.

I'd have been fine without the romance, but the romance kinda brings in other stuff that would have made the show better without it--for example, with romance you have to ask about outside of the workplace, interests and compatibilities that a straight workplace drama doesn't necessarily need. The writer and the original casting really didn't build a romance properly because you need outside life which means larger cast, etc. So it feels like it's thrown in to fill the episode count and fan demand rather than planned from the start and thought about thoroughly. As I said before: I'm a huge rom com fan, but I'm just not feeling it still. I don't even like huge overture romance most of the time (I'm into slice of Life rom coms more--especially with good command of tone and mood--the ones everyone else tends to say makes them fall asleep.), but to argue the core of romance, you need a lot more than what the show currently offers. That's life compatibility.... which there isn't enough background for since no one has any hobbies, outside life, etc that you need the ingredients for to argue such a thing. So it feels like an afterthought. And as an afterthought rather than built into the core of the show, it's a recipe for abusive relationships when your whole world is absorbed by your love interest and your work--it doesn't really argue "healthy" for me...

So I'd have been fine with it being just a workplace drama.

BTW, did anyone notice that There are a lot of dead Hyun Soo this drama season? Did the writer accidentally or on purpose choose "Hyun Soo" in tribute to Mystery Queen 2? Writers like doing that sort of thing...

On 4/15/2018 at 9:41 AM, lollyminx said:

@triplem Hahahaha 104 angry people over SS and JO! I hope the ending isn't written yet and the writer take it into consideration. It just doesn't feel right for SS and JO to end up together at this stage. 

I watched some clips and yeah, it doesn't look right. I mean, once JO told him to stop liking her, SS should've just stopped. To me, it doesn't make any sense that his character would keep on liking JO. I mean, we spent the first few episodes watching how he's hard working and stuff, and then suddenly he's in love with JO and can't let her go.

I would have preferred that JO and MH are the "main romance" or the "romance leads" and both HR and SS are the 'background romance," like the cherry on top. I'm imagining a scene where in the men's locker room, SS is smiling while texting with someone, and all the other officers tease him about being in love and stuff. And then SS tells everyone he's leaving because he's got a date. All the other officers wonder with whom, and then much, much later on they see SS and HR dating somewhere in their time off. Or SS suddenly gets mad when HR was assaulted by the bikers, and they all learn that it's because they're secretly dating. That would have been a better story for me than having a love triangle that doesn't make any sense now.

@scout HAH! That BTS of Kwang Soo trying to be funny by looking angry murderous is hilarious.

LKS is the main lead of the drama. Why would he be in the background romance??? Why is everyone prefer the handsome second lead to the main one?? I cannot understand because it seems it’s just me who’s being upset about the things that happened between JO and MH. 

I’d rather have no romance at all. It will be better since the drama is already beautiful without romance and love triangle. 

22 hours ago, larus said:

I saw 18 episodes on another site. But it is confirmed? I will update the first page.

That's what is stated on Netflix so I'm going by that. :)

@triplem

I suspect that relationship was pretty much doomed from the start. I won't deny that there was UST and a real attraction but they became a couple very quickly with neither knowing much about the other outside of police work. Neither of them are superficial about relationships and sooner or later problems would have arisen once the early days of attraction faded away. There must be some part of JO that's flattered by the attentions of a good-looking, highly competent senior.

Very attractive couple but MH comes with his own emotional baggage. 

Good to see the show doing well ratings wise. It deserves it.

@girloftheeast

That would've been my preference too. No romance. But I get it. They want to show another side to these characters. 

But I don't think everyone prefers the handsome second lead. :wink: TBH, I don't regard MH as the second lead. Nor do I consider SS the male lead. It's an ensemble cast and different characters get to do their thing and shine a bit. YC's a pretty important character too. If there's anybody that fits the bill as male lead here, I'd say YC would be the closest.

I wouldn't say that I'm upset. :wink: But JO and MH's coupling felt like someone hit the FF button.

@ihyw

Good to see you here. 

YC is my favourite too. He needs to do something with that temper of his and his tendency to mouth off BUT I like that underneath all the prickles he cares... about his profession and the people he works with.

I'm rooting for him to get back together with JM.

4 hours ago, girloftheeast said:

LKS is the main lead of the drama. Why would he be in the background romance??? Why is everyone prefer the handsome second lead to the main one?? I cannot understand because it seems it’s just me who’s being upset about the things that happened between JO and MH. 

I’d rather have no romance at all. It will be better since the drama is already beautiful without romance and love triangle. 

Ooooh I agree with you but I didn't really mean "background" like "background romance." What I meant was dating in secret or dating in the background. Like we never get to see them date, but then the relationship is only hinted or revealed later on in the story. Also, I don't really mean I prefer the second lead to the main one. I like all of them. Personally, I would have wanted that the series had no romance at all or even if they added one, it's only a small part (like what they did in Secret Forest where the two main leads focus on the cases they're facing, and then only get to the dating part in the end, and even then, it was only hinted, not explicitly stated). But since we're here, romance is already introduced, and we're already halfway through the show, I just didn't want the story to be about "Who's JO going to date." In some TV shows, guessing is part of the fun of watching, but in this case, it annoys me. I don't know why. I would have preferred that they choose one and then date, and that's it. No more complications with the love triangle thing, because they're already facing too many challenges as police officers. It would have been great that their love lives aren't that complicated. :)

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

YC is my favourite too. He needs to do something with that temper of his and his tendency to mouth off BUT I like that underneath all the prickles he cares... about his profession and the people he works with.

I'm rooting for him to get back together with JM.

Same. I find the actor who plays YC really commanding. To be honest, I watched the show because I like Lee Kwang Soo and Jung Yu Mi, but after a few episodes, it's the actor who plays YC who's commanding all the scenes. I like his intensity, and his facial reactions. I also like that he cares underneath all the rage.

Also, after watching some clips of the recent episodes, can I just say... that tender moment between YC and JM on the floor, YC kissing JM on the forehead... it's so cute.

@Kim Yunmi "...it feels like it's thrown in to fill the episode count and fan demand rather than planned from the start and thought about thoroughly. As I said before: I'm a huge rom com fan, but I'm just not feeling it still. I don't even like huge overture romance most of the time (I'm into slice of Life rom coms more--especially with good command of tone and mood--the ones everyone else tends to say makes them fall asleep.), but to argue the core of romance, you need a lot more than what the show currently offers. That's life compatibility.... which there isn't enough background for since no one has any hobbies, outside life, etc that you need the ingredients for to argue such a thing. So it feels like an afterthought. And as an afterthought rather than built into the core of the show, it's a recipe for abusive relationships when your whole world is absorbed by your love interest and your work--it doesn't really argue "healthy" for me..." YES! Nailed it.

April 15, 2018

"Live" Bae Jong-ok's Daughter Reports Her Father, Bae Sung-woo

Source: Newsen via HanCinema.net 

photo965637.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Live", An Jang-mi (Bae Jong-ok) scolded her daughter Oh Song-yi (Go Min-si).

Oh Yang-chon (Bae Sung-woo) witnessed his daughter Oh Song-yi get abused by her boyfriend and helped her, but she reported him to 112 instead. An Jang-mi set out to sort the matter and after hearing everything her daughter said, she said, "After hearing everything, I still can't figure out what your father did wrong".

Oh Song-yi said, "Is he a gangster? Why does he hit people without even asking what's going on? Why does he see a normal person as a rapist? And he's supposed to be a cop!" An Jang-mi said, "Your father had plenty of reason; he kissed you and laid his hands on you in a car when you said 'no'. He's your father before he's a cop".

"Just today I was at a rape crime scene where a 14 year old and 17 year old were raped. How can I believe that my own daughter is safe? How dare you report your father to 112? You made a big mistake".

photo965638.jpg

16 hours ago, triplem said:

Did not strike me till you mentioned. But I’m not watching MQ2.

By the way , what were they arguing about here ? It seems JO’s mentor Kang is constantly getting a lot of flak from the rest for not pulling his weight ( I know he has  to help the Wife with her business) 

The ratings get better each episode, reminds me of Prison Playbook. 

Yea, HS had asked the cops to volunteer their off-duty hours to help with the rape case and SB got mad that NI wasn't volunteering. NI was arguing that it's volunteer service and he's not shirking his duties.  Later SB finds out NI and his wife opened a pizza store because they're having a third child, in her name as NI can't have side jobs as a cop, and NI helps out. So SB becomes more forgiving/understanding.

I loved LKS's acting in the last scene of ep 12 where he's shouting into his radio that he found the suspect. You can hear the desperation in his voice. I am really enjoying SS's professional development as well as YC's personal growth. As for JO, I can tell she's trying on both ends but I don't see as much progress, or it's much more subtle as she's such an introverted/reserved person. Her opening up to SS and encouraging the rape victim seem like positive signs that she's no longer pushing people away from her life.

5 hours ago, scout said:

As for JO, I can tell she's trying on both ends but I don't see as much progress, or it's much more subtle as she's such an introverted/reserved person. Her opening up to SS and encouraging the rape victim seem like positive signs that she's no longer pushing people away from her life.

Has this been explained in the recent episodes? Like, is there something more to JO and what happened to her? Or is it only because she had to take care of her mother who is unstable? Because I really, really like Jung Yu Mi. She was such a thrill to watch in Youn's Kitchen (and I want to watch her other projects Table and Psychokinesis). But here in Live, I'm not really warming up to her character. Although I understand her struggles as an individual, I just don't feel "close" to her. Among the female characters, I feel "closer" to HR and JM more than JO. 

I really really love the familial relationships in this drama. All of them pull at my heart strings. I adore the relationship between Jeong-Oh and her mother. The day she found out she passed her police test, and she told her mom outside that one building and they started silly dancing together :wub: The bond between Sang-soo and his brother is the best. The flashback to their childhood of neglect but lots of brotherly protecting and love. The phone call after....be still my heart.

Then you got the relationship between Yang-chun and his dad, while rocky, still is filled with so much love. But the greatest familial relationship in the whole drama is the one between our officers and each other. I love how they are all one big dysfunctional and happy family looking out for one another, hurting one another, supporting one another, protective one another, laughing, crying, sharing, etc together. My most favorite scenes are ensemble ones where we get to see the whole station bond and just see the commodore between different sects of offices and all the officers as a whole. I adored the bar scene where the seniors officers were drinking and talking about how they would get back at the despicable congress men, and then the warm but heart breaking in the unjust, taxi ride of truth home.

The scene where Myung-ho and the officer bfs who was hating on him made up, and he was happily listening to the friend's newborn's heart beat...:wub::wub::wub: Sharing ice creams on roof tops, eating in the lunch break too,, I cherish those scenes. Any time we see two partners working together or get a scene of backup being called and watching the station work together as a whole; my fangirl heart grows ten sizes. And that to me is what makes this small drama so great. The awesome characters and their wonderful connections with one another. You can't help but fall for all of them and want to see them all succeed (and also never separate). The last time NHK made me feel this way was with 'Dear My Friends' and now 'Live'. I'm going to be sad whenI have to say good-bye to these characters. 

rewatched episode 11... loving LIVE because of:

1) all the characters and their individual stories... 

2) the moments in which they fight against, alongside and for one another.

3) those words Sam Bo said to Manyong and his father (ep. 11) and how Manyong listened intently and reacted to it through shedding tears quietly.

4) that home scene between Yang Chon sang softly while Jang Mi shared her inner thoughts about applying for euthanasia for his mom and her feelings of jadedness and inadequacies at work. 

5) how the writers are providing insights and perspectives on life and society through the issues and cases these police officers encounter and deal with.

so, although the series is getting depressing, i am going to watch it to the end and i hope you, as well as more people, will watch it along with me!

keep going, LIVE! hwaiting! :wub:

13 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

How did Lee Kwang Soo realise the guy in the toilet is the suspect?

I think it's because of the ears. The high school girl told JO about it, and when SS saw the guy, his ears were exposed. He confirmed it by looking at the size of the guy's feet.

Archived