[Drama 2018] Live 살다

larus

First impression: Live

110786_97946_1616.jpg

Story: Han Jung-oh (Jung Yu-mi) struggled to find a job as she found that companies were more inclined towards hiring male workers despite having a better grade than them. Yeom Sang-soo (Lee Kwang-soo) was an intern at a company selling water, hoping to become permanent staff after getting his family and friends to invest in his company. However, this company was actually a scam, so Sang-soo was suddenly found jobless as well as his family’s money gone.

To get out from their situation, both Jung-oh and Sang-soo opted to join the police force. They first needed to study hard to pass the examination, before undergoing tough training at the police academy to become police officers. During their training, they encountered a super strict instructor Oh Yang-chon (Bae Sung-woo), who was a lieutenant of the police force and previously solved several violent crimes. Jung-oh and Sang-soo were assigned to Hongcheon Police Precinct Office as patrol officers, where they reunite with their instructor Yang-chon, who was demoted due to an unfortunate incident.

read more

https://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/first-impression-live/

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXO-CBX To Release First OST For tvN’s “Live”

EXO-CBX-Live.jpg

EXO-CBX will be the first singers to release an OST for tvN’s weekend drama “Live”!

The news was reported on March 23 and confirmed through EXO’s official Twitter account that the unit group will be the first up to bat for the OST of “Live.” Their participation is set to add more depth to the drama as they did when they released “For You” for “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” which member Baekhyun appeared in as a cast member.

EXO-CBX is a unit group from EXO with members Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin. On top of the OST, they are also planning to showcase a variety of charms through a Korean comeback as a unit next month.

tvN’s “Live” follows the chaotic yet ordinary lives of policemen and features a strong cast that includes Lee Kwang Soo, Jung Yoo Mi, and Sung Dong Il. The drama airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/23/exo-cbx-release-first-ost-tvns-live/

Episode 3 in the beginning was insane, it just happened to be the day when the whole family were watching TV :S It's going to take a while to me to clear off that image of the woman who had her tongue cut/bitten off. I'm still confused on how that happened. I'm aware she was the assailant, however the male victim used excessive defence? 

I'm enjoying everyone's little story arc so far - my favourite would actually be Yang Chon's since he has a whole lot of improving, but at the same time he's going through a lot: His wife wants a divorce, friend betrayed him, lost a long time friend and mentor, his children aren't close to him and he got demoted. With the help of the new recruits, and Patrol department I'm sure he'll see things in a new perspective and improve on his life choices. It's like he is getting a second chance to change things around for the better. 

NEW EPISODES TOMORROW (well at least for us who have to wait a week just for the episodes to be subbed, but I ain't complaining, it was harder before hahahahahaaha when you have to wait till the ending of the show for the subs to be released)

Bless whoever subbed this. Trust No Hee Kyung writer to make a good drama.

Show us that cops are humans too. What life's like being cop and civil servant and servicing  taxpayers by doing jobs properly.

There are good cops and bad cops and cops that you can't help cover up but then even doing that means  covering up a wrong doesn't mean making it right.

Ep 1 and 2. I now understood much better after I was clueless watching raw and  not understanding dialogues. I'm proud of my self.  I guess right. The man whom JO met outside huge building was her estranged father.

Still doing a marathon 3 and 4  Pausing at  40 minutes into  Ep 3 just to post because....

I'm getting annoyed at the wife of Yang Chon. Mmore like pissssed. Why is she like that to him? He's already been demoted, accused of being drunk ( when it's not even true), then here she is wanting him to get out of the house asking for divorce.  Well, they're both police and she should understand his situation. I know, it's because he was neglecting her in a husband way.. like when her parents die, he wasn't even at her side ( same night his mentor died). Anyway  I also think she might have some health issues. there was brief scene stretching  the pain off her back. 

I felt bad for with the  when  YC accepted the demotion from captain to lieutenant and going to the patrol division instead in exchange for  for his mentors wife and kids getting the  more pension and the first in line and he also requested the other police buddy to show the evidence ( copy of the dash cam sd) proof that he wasn't drunk which  the police force chief is painting it to be like that.

Oh and another revelation, one of the cops ( character played by Jang Hyung Sung) seem to have a thing with YC's wife before as she chose to marry YC instead. 

With YC  at the patrol division,  lots of shouting and egos flying here and there.The 3 rookies.. gonna be culture shock, if they aren't already. ^^

Going to finish ep 3 then 4 now. 

When I like drama  after end of episode  and I'm left wanting more. First thing I said was.. huh, that's it? I want more.  Left me hanging.

That last scene of Ep 3.  Sang Su be like mouth open insert foot! you blabbering reckless fool. ^^

But Ep 4 my fav  Ep so far.  It eyed. I felt bad of SS. Rookie cop. It's tough being cop as you're subjected to damn if you do damn if you don't situations. You have to abide by the very basic police protocols  even if it's against your better judgment. I probably would have done what he did. It's out sense of obligation and duty and it's reflex part.  I mean if you see someone dying common sense tells you to save that person's life. But by doing so SS disregard the protocol.  I totally understand him. He's had it rough. He feels he'll be  dismissed anyway. The one who gets lowest points will probably not make it thought. Hang in there Sang Su. 

As for JO the shock of seeing murder for first hand as rookie cop, office Choi knows. He even told her,  it was the same for him first time he saw murder scene as a cop. He gave her tips how to handle it. She likes him. Not sure if there's going to be love line here. The preview though for ep 5. SS gonna be jealous? Lets see.

And for Hye-ri. well she's starting to get feel envious of JO as she gets to do big time cop duties while she's assigned to menial  check points and stuff.  I hope she doesn't do anything that will ruin their friendship.

And the scene where current and former congressman refusing to take breathalyzer /sobriety test at a DUI checkpoint, hate them kinds of politicians. The disregard for the law, feeling as they're above the law.  At the precinct division. They hit the chief several times, shouted at him, ridiculed  his position, belittle the law enforcement. But they're cops and they have ways to record these nastiness so come election time, it will be their downfall.  The chief was able to record the everything through using his body cam.  That incident showed the the camaraderie and brotherhood of everyone the patrol division, they may bicker and quarrel, shout at each other but when it comes to  being just and right, they can become one.

Then I felt bad for Sang Su cos he thinks it's because of him that the chief got hit and ridiculed as he's the one who got the politicians arrested. The scene in the locker  him and  YC. He was saying sorry.  Sang Su, I feel for him. 

So that last scene on ep 4, He's had enough.. He grabbed YC by the collar and he's about given up and ants to let it all out. But This will likely be the catalyst for  YC and SS be  solid and bond as mentor and rookie cop partner. I'd say if something terrible goes awry,  YC will save him.. or the other way around.

You know, I hope nobody dies here. Not one of the cops in the patrol division. Just because. I like them all. But I can sense there's going to be couple of them who's going to.

Wow my post is long. Can you tell I like this drama.  I don't know the actors here but I know the writer.  Slice of life  cop life. Drama. It's good.

The moment JO cuffed YC, I totally became a huge fans of her characters. I was already impressed with her but this just sealed the deal. That aside, the story itself in this show is very original and raw. It portrays a reality that isn’t through rose colored glasses. Ahhh I can’t wait for tomorrow!! I also ship our else’s btw :) even though I also ave a crush on MH like  JO ahaha

Just finished watching episode 3, the game for who would be the first to be promoted is something to look forward for, lots of bickering right over here. I think YC have been neglecting his duties as a father on the emotional side of things, he really hasn't been there for his family during the tough times, instead he has been so absorbed with his work. His children don't even like him. But like on the other side he also needs some company right now, there is so much going on with his life (work, divorce, death of his mentor/brother, demoted, branded as the "murderer" of his hyung). Overall episode 3 was great but I was looking for something really interesting but found nothing, hope its in episode 4 :D

“Live” Apologizes After Controversy Over Remaking The Protest At Ehwa Women’s University
L. Kim March 23, 2018

Live-Drama2.jpg

Spoiler

tvN’s drama “Live” apologized for the controversial scene of the protest at Ehwa Women’s University.

In Episode 2, Han Jung Oh (played by Jung Yoo Mi) and Yeom Sang Soo (played by Lee Kwang Soo) passed the police officer exam and were sent to a university demonstration site. This scene happened to be a remake of the 2016 Ehwa Women’s University protest where the police officers attacked the students.

After receiving criticism from offended viewers, the production crew explained that the scene was intended to address the conflicts between the lower-end police officers and the issues that triggered the incident, but they have decided to re-edit the drama to take out the scene.

Live-Drama3.jpg

A source from the drama stated, “We would like to offer our apologizes to the alumni, the students, and everyone involved in the protest of the Ehwa Women’s University who were hurt by the riot act of Episode 2 that was aired on March 11. We deeply sympathize with the fact that the people who will still remember the hard scenes as trauma can be triggered again by the scenes associated with the situation at the time. Writer Noh Hee Kyung, Director Kim Gyu Tae, and the producers all deeply sympathize with the anger and scars of the students and express their apologies.

“The re-airing and re-watch services will also be changed to the re-edited version, and all materials containing the scene will be deleted online. Once again, we would like to offer our apologies to all who were hurt and offended by the scene. We will continue to pay greater attention to the production.”

“Live” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

SOOMPI

On 23/03/2018 at 9:46 PM, kasjady said:

His wife wants a divorce, friend betrayed him, lost a long time friend and mentor, his children aren't close to him and he got demoted

I agree, and I also like what happens in Episodes 3 and 4 that he and Sang-Soo spend time together, and will eventually learn and grow because of each other. I find their dynamic interesting, especially the part where Yang-Chon may seem like such a cold person but he was just really looking out for Sang-Soo and wants the rookies to be good cops.

I love that the show is picking up. I felt relieved that Yang-Chon and Jang-Mi separated because at least that part is done (this part bored me in Episodes 1 and 2). I find their relationship interesting now that they're not together. :lol: I don't know why but I want to get to know Jang-Mi as who she is as a detective separate from being the wife of Yang-Chon. I also want to know how life is for her that she's experiencing menopause.

What else... glad that Jung-oh chose her mother over her pride and paying her father back. I'm looking forward to the three rookies hanging out at her mom's cafe. Myung-ho and Jung-oh together make a lot of sense because they're both beautiful people, but I actually want to see where her relationship with Sang-Soo will go before I decide which "ship" I'm on. Haha! Also, I agree with one of the comments before that Lee Kwang-Soo's acting was a little off or excessive (in the past), but he's actually improved in this. I think when he was fighting with Yang-Chon after the drunk guy incident, you can see improvement there. He's doing a good job taking his role seriously, I think.

I love the entire patrol department!!! I think that's one of the most interesting part of the show right, getting a glimpse of the entire team's dynamic, which is more realistic than dramas in the past where the focus is only on two or three characters. I love that we get to see a team working together, and that we learn about them little by little. Even the old guy's story (that he just wants to work even if he's old) brief as it was, is interesting to watch. I don't know why but I'm enjoying shows with ensemble casts lately, and find myself rooting even for those with small roles with backstories.

EDIT: Also, I just remembered the part in Episode 2 where Sang-Soo tells everyone he wants to do real police work, which I find amusing because it's being stuck between wanting experience as a police officer, but also having crimes occur. Ideally, it would be better if police officers don't have anything to do because that would mean no crimes right? :lol: I was thinking if I were in the same situation, I'd also have the same reaction as his seniors when the sexual assault call came in.

Lee Kwang Soo Thoughtfully Gifts “Live” Production Staff With Over 200 Coats

Lee-Kwang-Soo-XPN.jpg

Spoiler

Lee Kwang Soo surprised the production staff of his new drama “Live” with a thoughtful gift!

On March 25, industry sources revealed that the actor had prepared a special gift for the staff of tvN’s “Live.” Lee Kwang Soo reportedly paid out of his own pocket to give the crew members over 200 padded coats specially emblazoned with the word “Live” in Korean.

Several of the staff members later took to social media to thank the star for his generosity and post photos of their brand-new coats.

Live.jpg

Lee Kwang Soo is currently starring in “Live” as a hard-working rookie police officer who decides to join law enforcement in order to make a living.

SOOMPI

I have to say the cliffhangers of this drama is something else hahaha. Episode 4 was good, it was heavier than the earlier episodes and got to see some character developments with the rookies especially sangsu. Good to find out the OYC will have a new brother (SANGSU), he really needs an emotional company right now. Overall it was a better episode than episode 3, cant wait for episodes 5 and 6 to get subbed.

I have a feeling though that when Yang-Chon got mad at Sang-Soo for apologizing (in the locker room because he arrested the congressman), it was not because Sang-Soo did the arrest. Yang-Chon got mad because Sang-Soo apologized for doing something right.

Archived