[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/gvkv4i4

So we finally found out his plan. He intends to use the marriage as a way to gain BC favor from the public and company so that he can become chairman. Just so that BC can really be the scarecrow and PJ can work behind the scenes as puppet master. PJ intends to reveal who he is to JML. Now it makes more sense why he's using MH even if it doesn't me feel any better about him turning her into another tool involved in his revenge ploy even though she was the one who saved his. 

https://imgur.com/ZOtw3OO

https://imgur.com/aLA3ofq

I'm placing my bet on this dude being the one who pushed PJ and his fam off the boat during his father's funeral. 

https://imgur.com/OMS84sR

https://imgur.com/mpLXwOx

their chemistry...aghhh I can't help but ship them so bad!!! I really really don't want her to be with BC...even though they do have some sweet scenes like this

https://imgur.com/tVSN59R

I hope the DNA results are tapered with and PJ thought ahead of time with his attorney, fixer style methods. Was Pj responsible for the leak that revealed he had bought shares under borrow names? I'm just wondering if it was planned by him or not just like JML is started to suspect his identity. Just how much is he in control? Fer sures he seems to have manipulated JML so well that she's in denial about him. Dude, does this cray step mama possibly have not so platonic feelings for him?

https://imgur.com/BZmbL5o

• Like 5

Just completed episode 5.

Alright JMR is determined to search for JEC aka KPJ again. In other words, she and the butler knew that he was alive during the incident but couldn’t find him. 

And yes I do think that the butler was the one that was on the boat, pushing them off. And of course the mastermind has to be JMR.

Will watch episode 6 tonight! My Daughter is awake hahahaha!

• Like 9

'Money Flower' plot turnarounds mesmerize audience! Jang Hyuk's leadership charisma attracts viewers' attention!

'Money flower ' takes the lead in family drama. Breathtaking and dangerous plot turnarounds attracted viewers.

According to Nielsen Korea on the 26th Nov, MBC weekly special program "Money Flower"'s 5th and 6th episodes recorded 11.4% and 15.1% ratings  (nationwide), and was ranked first in the same time slot for the third consecutive week.

MBC weekend special project 'Money flower' (written by Lee Myung-hee, director Kim Hee-won, production UFO production) is a drama depicting desire and pure love of human beings ruled by money.

At the bottom of his life, the desire and love epic story of Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk), who rose to grasp the power of big business (Cheong-A group), unfolds.

In the 5th ~ 6th  episodes of 'Money Flower' broadcasted on the 25th Nov, the life of Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung Jo), the eldest grandson of Cheong-A group, entered into a crisis when his secret lover Yoon Seo-won (Han So-hee) revealed her colors.

Jang Boo-cheon fell in love with Na Mo Hyun (Park Se-young), the daughter of the next presidential candidate and Kang Pil-joos first love, and decided to get married. Everything is the perfect work as planned by Kang Pil-joo.

However, the situation was reversed when Yoon Seo won returned from China. Yoon Seo Won began to press Jang Boo-cheon with the news of her pregnancy.

Yoon Seo Won approached Na Mo-hyun and collapsed in the presence of Jang Boo-Cheon and Kang Pil-joo. In the end, it was ironic that Jang Boo-cheon brought Yoon Seo Won to the hospital at the request of Na Mo Hyun .

Yoon Seo-won's bold movements did not last long. Kang Pil-joo caught her tail and gave her a warning. But Yoon Seo-won refused to give up easily. The tension in the square relationship has risen.

The revenge plan of Kang Pil-joo was also carried out dynamically. Kang Pil joo made detailed foundation of his plan. In order to make Cheong-A group founder Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Sun-jae) chase him out of the group, he deliberately exposed the fact that he bought stocks of the company.

The angry President Jang dismissed Kang Pil-hoo but was later forced him to call him back. After Kang Pil-joo left, the accusation of Jang's illegal transactions were publicized, and Jang Boo-cheon turned himself to the prosecution. It is the moment when Kang Pil-joo's absence was greatly missed.

Kang-Pil joo took the oportunity to make a deal with Jang. His proposal suggested that Boo-cheon's mother, Jung Mal-Ran (Lee Mi-sook), should manage the slush funds that will be passed on to the back of the presidential election. It was a big picture of Kang Pil-soo planned in order to put Jang Boo-cheon as the group future chairperson and to take away everything.

Will the plan of Kang Pil-joo succeed ? An unexpected turnaround happened. His hidden identity as Jang Eun-cheon (half brother of Jang Boo-cheon) threatens to be revealed. Whether he is able to hide the fact is drawing attention.

'Money Flower' continued to develop roller coaster for 3 consecutive weeks. The stormy relationship between the two sides and the turnarounds of the  story heightened the tension. Superb acting by the cast also captured the viewers' hearts.

Jang Hyuk showed a hard-carrying character and performed a big success. He left the viewers with such concentrated attention that they cannot take their eyes off. The digestive power of the characters of Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo was overwhelming. The charismatic acting of Lee Mi-sook and Lee Sun-jae also improved the perfection of drama.

On the other hand, 'Money Flower' is a stpry written by Lee Myung-Hee who wrote 'Air City' and 'Jang Yeongsil'. Kim Hee-won PD, who participated in 'Golden Pocket' and 'Gorgeous Temptation', directed the production. It is broadcast twice a week from 8:45 on every Saturday night.

20171126_135000000.png

http://www.imaeil.com/sub_news/sub_news_view.php?news_id=53248&yy=2017

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Just finished watching both episodes- story so gripping I had to finish.

KPJ is so smart, planned everything.

Love Jh's scenes with sy- the way he secretly looks at her and his protective instincts. Also how he handles the receptionist. 

The proposal scene is also very touching- NMH promised to stand by JCB, u can feel her sincerity and love. Glad he rejected the receptionist but hope that he is doing so cos he genuinely love NMH and not because of her father's influence. 

Mal-ran is suspicious, clever of her to do a DNA test, can't wait to see what's the result. 

I am just puzzled why KPJ wants to put his family tablet in the temple for mal-ran to see, that will raise her suspicion and get himself exposed. 

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Gerry58 said:

Mal-ran is suspicious, clever of her to do a DNA test, can't wait to see what's the result. 

I am just puzzled why KPJ wants to put his family tablet in the temple for mal-ran to see, that will raise her suspicion and get himself exposed. 

The DNA results are gonna be negative, can't have the game over at episode 7. But the thing is, will MR buy it so easily? I think PJ will have to do more to convince her he is not her husband's son.

As for the family tablet in the temple, maybe it is part of PJ's plan for MR to see it in the first place?

• Like 7

If you hv time guys, do spazz at Dramabeans sometimes. I think this drama deserve it. Just need some I-fan to realize this is not a typical family weekender makjang as usual. :blush:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 20-26, 2017

by javabeans

We have a few new dramas joining the mix, with courtroom rom-com Nothing to Lose and black comedy Smart Prison Living joining the Wednesday-Thursday race, and the gritty mob/crime drama Untouchable in a weekend slot. I’d say that Smart Prison Living had the most buzzworthy premiere; its entry numbers may have been a titch shy of Buam-dong Revenge Club’s vacating numbers, but it comes in with strong word of mouth and a promising 5 percent-ish start.

Nothing to Lose had slightly higher numbers on SBS, but with more mixed reviews; I found the leads appealing, but the plot a bit silly. And while their competitor show Mad Dog has been around for a while, it enjoyed a slight uptick in numbers, likely thanks to the exit last week of While You Were Sleeping. We’ll see if the numbers move at all in future weeks.

On the weekend, Bravo My Life on SBS was pre-empted for coverage of the Blue Dragon Awards, though the rankings remained largely unchanged. (It’s still light family series My Golden Life far out in front, with Jang Hyuk’s Money Flower making up some ground in second.)

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 20-26, 2017

Ep. # Station Rating
Monday, Nov. 20      
Witch’s Court 13 KBS 10.9%
20th Century Boy and Girl 25 MBC 1.8%
20th Century Boy and Girl 26 MBC 2.1%
Temperature of Love 35 SBS 6.1%
Temperature of Love 36 SBS 7.5%
Because This Life Is Our First 13 tvN 3.5%
Tuesday, Nov. 21      
Witch’s Court 14 KBS 12.6%
20th Century Boy and Girl 27 MBC 2.1%
20th Century Boy and Girl 28 MBC 2.3%
Temperature of Love 37 SBS 6.7%
Temperature of Love 38 SBS 7.7%
Temperature of Love 39 SBS 8.4%
Temperature of Love 40 SBS 8.2%
Because This Life Is Our First 14 tvN 4.2%
Wednesday, Nov. 22      
Mad Dog 13 KBS 7.4%
Nothing to Lose 1 SBS 6.9%
Nothing to Lose 2 SBS 8.0%
Smart Prison Living 1 tvN 4.6%
Thursday, Nov. 23      
Mad Dog 14 KBS 8.3%
Nothing to Lose 3 SBS 7.2%
Nothing to Lose 4 SBS 7.6%
Smart Prison Living 2 tvN 5.4%
Friday, Nov. 24      
Untouchable 1 JTBC 2.3%
Saturday, Nov. 25      
My Golden Life 25 KBS 34.7%
Money Flower 5 MBC 11.4%
Money Flower 6 MBC 15.1%
Bravo My Life 21 SBS Pre-empted
Bravo My Life 22 SBS Pre-empted
Bravo My Life 23 SBS Pre-empted
Bravo My Life 24 SBS Pre-empted
Untouchable 2 JTBC 3.3%
Black 13 OCN 2.5%
Revolutionary Love 13 tvN 2.7%
Sunday, Nov. 26      
My Golden Life 26 KBS %
Man Who Sets the Table 23 MBC %
Man Who Sets the Table 24 MBC %
Black 14 OCN %
Revolutionary Love 14 tvN %

cr: Dramabeans

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

The DNA results are gonna be negative, can't have the game over at episode 7. But the thing is, will MR buy it so easily? I think PJ will have to do more to convince her he is not her husband's son.

As for the family tablet in the temple, maybe it is part of PJ's plan for MR to see it in the first place?

U are right. KPJ is very smart, maybe he will pay someone in the lab to change the results? At least we know for certain his little brother died in the water so he and JCB are half brothers 

saw this- the young actress 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

If you hv time guys, do spazz at Dramabeans sometimes. I think this drama deserve it. Just need some I-fan to realize this is not a typical family weekender makjang as usual. :blush:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 20-26, 2017

by javabeans

We have a few new dramas joining the mix, with courtroom rom-com Nothing to Lose and black comedy Smart Prison Living joining the Wednesday-Thursday race, and the gritty mob/crime drama Untouchable in a weekend slot. I’d say that Smart Prison Living had the most buzzworthy premiere; its entry numbers may have been a titch shy of Buam-dong Revenge Club’s vacating numbers, but it comes in with strong word of mouth and a promising 5 percent-ish start.

Nothing to Lose had slightly higher numbers on SBS, but with more mixed reviews; I found the leads appealing, but the plot a bit silly. And while their competitor show Mad Dog has been around for a while, it enjoyed a slight uptick in numbers, likely thanks to the exit last week of While You Were Sleeping. We’ll see if the numbers move at all in future weeks.

On the weekend, Bravo My Life on SBS was pre-empted for coverage of the Blue Dragon Awards, though the rankings remained largely unchanged. (It’s still light family series My Golden Life far out in front, with Jang Hyuk’s Money Flower making up some ground in second.)

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 20-26, 2017

Pardon my ignorance.

what does dramabeans do? 

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Pardon my ignorance.

what does dramabeans do? 

Dramabeans is a big and maybe no 1 Korean Drama site in English . International fan usually gather there to read drama news or recap. Kinda like Soompi and Allkpop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Money Flower rank 5 on CPI last week.

The Content Power Index ranks TV shows based on their overall popularity and influence on consumer behavior. Factors such as number of searches, news subscriptions, and social media buzz are analyzed to determine the ranking. 

The top 10 shows on CPI rankings are as follows:

1. “My Golden Life” (KBS 2TV)
  2. “Wanna One Go: ZERO BASE” (Mnet)
  3.  WINNER’s “Youth Over Flowers” (tvN)
  4. While You Were Sleeping” (SBS)
  5. Money Flower” (MBC)
  6. The Unit” (KBS 2TV)
  7. Go Back Couple” (KBS 2TV)
  8. “Same Bed Different Dreams 2 – You Are My Destiny” (SBS)
  9. Master Key” (SBS)
  10. Degree of Love” (SBS)

CPI-rankings1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

However, it was Jang Hyuk 's intentions that he was kicked out of the family, he deliberately provided information to the reporter that he bought the stocks. Soon-jae had to bring him back to Cheong -A. Using the crisis as an opportunity, he also succeeded in getting Lee Mi-sook to get the slush fund management rights. All of this was Jang Hyuk's plan for the big picture, and it was so successful that it caught my eye.

@Prettysup  I think this is how KPJ contorls them all through this slush fund.. I'm looking forward to cousin and mother realizes they are no longer in control of it and must hand it over cray uncle might just loose it.. It should be happy with the news paper company but Cheong -A has to many irons not to have his hands in them all. 

10 hours ago, philosophie said:

I hope the DNA results are tapered with and PJ thought ahead of time with his attorney, fixer style methods. Was Pj responsible for the leak that revealed he had bought shares under borrow names? I'm just wondering if it was planned by him or not just like JML is started to suspect his identity. Just how much is he in control? Fer sures he seems to have manipulated JML so well that she's in denial about him. Dude, does this cray step mama possibly have not so platonic feelings for him?

@philosophie If the DNA results turns out to be he's not a match to that family it has been tampered with.. I think he knew at some point the test would be done and this when he decides not to hide anymore I think he would play like he don't know anything about his father just to keep manipulating her.. But JML do seems creepy the way she looks at him like she wants to jump his bones at any giving minute..

I would like to know jusy how big of a sharehilder he is in all these companies..

You guy's are right I think it's to soon for JML to find out who KPJ is in the mean time it's enough to keep her busy with trying to find the child and not so much foscused on him while he set up the next plan I think it would be G/pa that finds out fdirst who he is.. G/pa already ready don't trust BC stupid self and knows he don't have the brains to run a company.. G/pa will turn everything over to KPJ because he's smart enough to out smart G/pa to get what he wants and G/pa knows KPJ will let no one control him he does the controlling..    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gerry58 said:

Just finished watching both episodes- story so gripping I had to finish.

KPJ is so smart, planned everything.

Love Jh's scenes with sy- the way he secretly looks at her and his protective instincts. Also how he handles the receptionist. 

The proposal scene is also very touching- NMH promised to stand by JCB, u can feel her sincerity and love. Glad he rejected the receptionist but hope that he is doing so cos he genuinely love NMH and not because of her father's influence. 

KPJ may have put the tablet on purpose to play kind games with her. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

56 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@Prettysup  I think this is how KPJ contorls them all through this slush fund.. I'm looking forward to cousin and mother realizes they are no longer in control of it and must hand it over cray uncle might just loose it.. It should be happy with the news paper company but Cheong -A has to many irons not to have his hands in them all. 

@philosophie If the DNA results turns out to be he's not a match to that family it has been tampered with.. I think he knew at some point the test would be done and this when he decides not to hide anymore I think he would play like he don't know anything about his father just to keep manipulating her.. But JML do seems creepy the way she looks at him like she wants to jump his bones at any giving minute..

I would like to know jusy how big of a sharehilder he is in all these companies..

You guy's are right I think it's to soon for JML to find out who KPJ is in the mean time it's enough to keep her busy with trying to find the child and not so much foscused on him while he set up the next plan I think it would be G/pa that finds out fdirst who he is.. G/pa already ready don't trust BC stupid self and knows he don't have the brains to run a company.. G/pa will turn everything over to KPJ because he's smart enough to out smart G/pa to get what he wants and G/pa knows KPJ will let no one control him he does the controlling..    

Thank you so it's not just me that notices JML stealing not so innocent glances at PJ. As you said, she totally wants to jump his bones dude!

that freaking grandpa when he was chastising PJ cause of buying shares. He's your relative you schmuck!!! 

• Like 5

OMG OMG OMG... I am in the awe that I’ve never been before.. in my 20 years of kdrama watching... finally I found the best actor ever graced the Kdrama universe... Jang Hyuk. 

In every gaze of his eyes.. my soul sucked into that dimention.. in his sadness I cry my heart out.. in his anger I want to jump inside of my ipad and slap that old grandpa.. in his vendetta I want to be his accomplish and even risk my life for him... for Kang Pil Jo to experience such a gruesome events of life.. I have found that his anger and  revenge are the machine that keeps him alive.. his dissapointment is the main drive of the plan he’s been working out.. the blood that has been boiling since the unfairly death of his mother and brother is on the hottest temperature... too hot it even melt his desire of loving Nam Mo Hyun all for himself. 

I was underestimating him and think he is just want to take revenge.. but it is actually much much more than that..he will get rid of all of them after taking what his mine originally.... 

Jung samunim... the woman is an alpha female and she is the most powerful, smart and dangerous opponent. Pil Jo barely can handle her at the last conversation.. not because he can’t beat her.. but because he was so unbelievably hurt  to the point of being a zombie of himself to hide all sort of feeling in conjuction of his real identity.. 

and Miss Nam... girl you are too naive and as a woman... I don’t know what to say....

• Like 8

First of all THANX A LOT for answering my question and welcome me here. I was not at home for the Weekend - so I was not able to watch until now. On my place it is way too late to do it now. Even I would love to and I need to know more - I am afraid I will end up with my head on the Keyboard. That will not help me too. So - I will comment after I watched the latest Episodes.

I guess they will make it hard again for us - right. I will try to prepare my heart for it.

Seeing the Character Charts let me feel like the Story will enwind over a few years - so a lot can happen - a lot i don´t want to happen too...

Midnight at my place. Need to get up early tomorrow. I will accept my fate and go to sleep. CU

• Like 7

12 hours ago, yoeda said:

Yeah I left a comment there yesterday already, hopefully more ppl can be attracted to it !

6 hours ago, yoeda said:

The Content Power Index ranks TV shows based on their overall popularity and influence on consumer behavior. Factors such as number of searches, news subscriptions, and social media buzz are analyzed to determine the ranking. 

Wow thanks for the info, glad to see Money Flower doing well !!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

First of all THANX A LOT for answering my question and welcome me here. I was not at home for the Weekend - so I was not able to watch until now. On my place it is way too late to do it now. Even I would love to and I need to know more - I am afraid I will end up with my head on the Keyboard. That will not help me too. So - I will comment after I watched the latest Episodes.

I guess they will make it hard again for us - right. I will try to prepare my heart for it.

Seeing the Character Charts let me feel like the Story will enwind over a few years - so a lot can happen - a lot i don´t want to happen too...

Midnight at my place. Need to get up early tomorrow. I will accept my fate and go to sleep. CU

Hee me too! 

Ive watched episode 5, couldn’t make it for 6. I must catch it tonight so that I can catch up with the rest hahaha! 

12 hours ago, yoeda said:

The top 10 shows on CPI rankings are as follows:

1. “My Golden Life” (KBS 2TV)
  2. “Wanna One Go: ZERO BASE” (Mnet)
  3.  WINNER’s “Youth Over Flowers” (tvN)
  4. While You Were Sleeping” (SBS)
  5. Money Flower” (MBC)
  6. The Unit” (KBS 2TV)
  7. Go Back Couple” (KBS 2TV)
  8. “Same Bed Different Dreams 2 – You Are My Destiny” (SBS)
  9. Master Key” (SBS)
  10. Degree of Love” (SBS)

Wow didn’t know that they have this kind of rankings too. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

OMG OMG OMG... I am in the awe that I’ve never been before.. in my 20 years of kdrama watching... finally I found the best actor ever graced the Kdrama universe... Jang Hyuk. 

In every gaze of his eyes.. my soul sucked into that dimention.. in his sadness I cry my heart out.. in his anger I want to jump inside of my ipad and slap that old grandpa.. in his vendetta I want to be his accomplish and even risk my life for him... for Kang Pil Jo to experience such a gruesome events of life.. I have found that his anger and  revenge are the machine that keeps him alive.. his dissapointment is the main drive of the plan he’s been working out.. the blood that has been boiling since the unfairly death of his mother and brother is on the hottest temperature... too hot it even melt his desire of loving Nam Mo Hyun all for himself. 

I was underestimating him and think he is just want to take revenge.. but it is actually much much more than that..he will get rid of all of them after taking what his mine originally.... 

Jung samunim... the woman is an alpha female and she is the most powerful, smart and dangerous opponent. Pil Jo barely can handle her at the last conversation.. not because he can’t beat her.. but because he was so unbelievably hurt  to the point of being a zombie of himself to hide all sort of feeling in conjuction of his real identity.. 

and Miss Nam... girl you are too naive and as a woman... I don’t know what to say....

OMG! This wins best comment ever! Haha. This is how I've been feeling but didn't know how to put it in words. That scene with JML, when he is hiding the fact that the woman JML was searching is his mother! So much hurt in those eyes and voice. He is telling her half truths and it seems his mother had a really hard time trying to protect him. Pilju is hurt by so many things and it's like that family never stopped hurting him. Maybe this is why, it's so easy to understand him for many of us. It's easy to feel him. 

• Like 9

Was hesitant to watch this drama at first due to 'familiar' revenge plot but this drama has proven me wrong. I was a fan of JH's acting but not the excessive emotion he had portrayed in his recent dramas. 

For this drama, once I hooked on his character, gosh...I'm totally mesmerized , yes I was definitely in love with his 'quiet' acting with his expressive eyes. They definitely 'sucked' you in and his character is so cool, mysterious and so , so lonely...

LMS  as JMR is another winner for this drama. She is such an elegant actress and I've been wondering JMR's actual feelings for KPJ. Is it LUST or maternal instinct? Their scenes together are so intimate especially KPJ is the only person who can comfort her. 

I'm glad this drama team have chosen wonderful team of actors. (& Thank goodness, no 'injection of young popular or pretty wannabe/ idols actors!!!).

The story is moving fast and really unpredictable. 

The drama's rating is going up fast and I'm sure it totally deserves 20-30% rating for weekend dramas. Everything is done and chosen so beautifully, from the gorgeous traditional Hanok's house to the bird's conservatory area.

For once, I'd say this drama, if it ends well, it'll be one of the well made Classic Drama which has been 'missing' in recent Kdrama world where it's focus more on Hallyu factors.

• Like 9

I am afraid of the receptionist:( Cause she wants JBC desperately and she is satisfied with just a secret affair..I think that after the marriage JBC will start to see her behind NMH back, cheating on her..Its unfair..and KPJ could do nothing to change the situation..its frustrating when u see a main character so weak like NMH..i am curious to see if JBC will love his asthmatic son with NMH as much as his mistress healthy son..cause it seems that he will take responsability with the son of the receptionist:angry:

• Like 4