[Drama 2017] Confession Couple / Go Back Spouses, 고백부부

0ly40

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kasmic @katakwasabi We are sure to jump off and on our kayak regularly.  I have few other ships, kayaks, yacht and boats docked at my personal port.  I'll jump off and on as and when I feel like it... hahaa!! 

Thanks for all the news and photos of the GBC cast.  Jang Nara dear, I wish she can build up her confidence level and not haunted from her previous "trauma".  Obviously GBC cast and staff has treated her well.  

@anopinion thank you so much for the translations. Def looking forward to reading them. :D

HBR as Sul, naw Im glad PD casts her a BoReum instead. She was in Master Sun as the twin ghost whom died. She was as quiet and melo as Sul so def BoReum role was a better opportuntiy for her in terms of challenging her skills. 

As for the actress whom plays Sul, she recently went live in her IG asking Nara for a day shopping in Lotte world. So cute how they keep their friendship. Keeping her  promise they did go and Nara post the pics on her IG.

Nara has a new haircut. She thanx everyone who watched GBC

Some translated articles for all NG supporters. Nara was asked whom would she choose BD or NG? Kekeke I do believe that such men do exist she just havent met the right one as yet. 

Spoiler

I kinda want the two maknaes (Cho HyeJung and Jang KiYong) to do another drama together. It doesn't have to be romance. But they're so cute like fluffy puppies!!

Aw man, what kind of men have been in Jang NaRa's life? Because men like BanDo are not rare at all! (NamGil might be a unicorn though.) There are lots of good men in the world, although lots of bad men too. Still! For her to call BanDo fantasy!

7 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Lol. His hair in reply 1994. So fluffy. (Credit to owners for pics)

Omg I saw those pics of his hair.. is he trying to make me jump off my kayak for good? it looks like a birds nest just dropped on him hahaha! JK no way will I jump off but just incase no more perms please. :tongue:

The OST album looks good all, u get these inside it. Photo cards plus signatures

qmBmGwK.jpg

7BknW89.jpgcr. GBC DC gallery

And if your interested in the GBC DVD or Blu Ray copies here is the difference in picture quality. I def like the Blu Ray but pity I cant understand Korean and often they these copies dont have eng subs:confounded:

Spoiler

OryohCh.jpg

DsflIjc.jpg

@anopinion @xxPeepsxx or anyone, Can you please help translate this article especially when SHJ mentions lil Arin at the last 2 paragraphs. What did he say? Many thanx in advance :D

http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002379597

Go Back Spouses: Episode 12 (Final)

goback12-00368.jpg

Ban-do and Jin-joo say their goodbyes to 1999, and we finally get to see whether their actions in the re-do have made for a satisfying conclusion in their new present. And while many things are the same, perhaps the changes that do occur are where the two needed it the most.

FINAL EPISODE: “My beloved comrade”

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/go-back-spouses-episode-12-final/

(Yonhap Interview) Actress Jang Na-ra says recent work brings her to tears over beer

SEOUL, Nov. 23 (Yonhap) -- KBS 2TV's "Confession Couple" ended last week, but actress Jang Na-ra, who played the main character Ma Jin-joo, says she feels as if she was still living the life of Ma.

"At home, I cried a lot, thinking about the drama and drinking beer, even though I am a poor drinker," Jang said during a recent interview with Yonhap News Agency.

"I've never experienced this kind of feelings before. But with this drama, I can't just stop thinking about it. I feel as if the characters were real and were living in a different world somewhere."

This photo provided by Lawon Munhwa is of actress Jang Na-ra. (Yonhap)

In the weekend series, she plays the married woman Ma, who is about to end her 18-year marriage when she travels back in time to her university years earlier and meets her husband Choi Ban-do, played by Son Ho-jun, all over again.

The 36-year-old single has a relaxed attitude to the prospect of marriage in her own life.

"It is not like I don't want to marry. It is just out of my control. If I am destined to marry, I will. If not, what can I do about it?" she said.

"But if I could meet someone like Choi Ban-do, or someone who is only half as nice as he is, I would do everything to marry him." ( i also ship u with shj in real life).

Not only was his character so nice in the drama, Son Ho-jun was a good coworker in real life as well, she said. "I am grateful that he did amazing in the drama."

The baby-faced actress surprises fans by appearing far younger than she really is.

"I think I can look young because the colleagues on the set who are younger than me treated me as their friend, wife and first love," she said. "To be honest, Ho-jun has much smoother skin than I do."

Jang is more than happy to have played the role.

"People at my age can relate to her and her story. It was a great decision to be part of the drama."

She made her debut as a singer in 2001 and soon expanded her career to acting. She has numerous hit dramas, "Successful Story of a Bright Girl" in 2002, "Baby-faced Beauty" in 2011, "Mr. Back" in 2014 and "One More Happy Ending" in 2016, under her belt.

In the mid-2000s, she advanced to China, where she rose to stardom by appearing in many hit TV series, such as "My Bratty Princess," which she's cited as one of her most memorable and fun works in the country.

"My Chinese fans gave me a lot of support for 'Confession Couple.' I spent a long time in China, and I wish I could keep working both in Korea and China," she said, adding she had a lot of happy memories there.

Recently she's developed a renewed interest in singing, she said.

"At some point, I lost confidence in singing. It's been a while since I last participated on drama soundtracks. I want to practice singing at home, but I can't because people living next door might hear me."

"What if they make fun of me for not singing well. I am thinking about getting vocal lessons," she joked.

cr: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/11/23/98/0200000000AEN20171123004600315F.html

"Go Back Couple" Jang Nara, Son Ho-jun, and Kim Mi-kyung at the ending party

photo912899.jpg

Jang Nara and Kim Mi-kyung shared pictures from the ending party of "Go Back Couple".

Jang Nara posted pictures of the after party on her SNS as well as a picture of Kim Mi-kyung carrying Park Ah-rin in her arms.

Jang Nara added, "Mi-kyung is holding up Ah-rin. She is mostly the reason why I decided to be on "Go Back Couple", although the script had a lot to do with it, too. She's my star and she affects me. Thank you for being in my life. I am so glad".

Mi-kyung had never met her grandson Seo-jin (Park Ah-rin) in the drama, but she got to meet him at the after party and held her up in happiness.

Kim Mi-kyung also posted pictures on her SNS of her hugging Jang Nara and said, "Jin-joo, let's be happy. And my grandson who I only met after the drama. He's such an angel".

Kim Mi-kyung posted more pictures with Son Ho-junHan Bo-reumJang Ki-yongJo Hye-jeongLee Do-yeon, and others.

Kim Mi-kyung starred in the drama "Go Back Couple" as Ma Jin-joo's (Jang Nara's) mother Ko Eun-sook. In the final episode of the drama, Ko Eun-sook told Ma Jin-joo go back to her child and that a mother can live without her parents, but not without her child.

cr: hancinema.net

3 hours ago, SyH said:

Recently she's developed a renewed interest in singing, she said.

"At some point, I lost confidence in singing. It's been a while since I last participated on drama soundtracks. I want to practice singing at home, but I can't because people living next door might hear me."

"What if they make fun of me for not singing well. I am thinking about getting vocal lessons," she joked.

cr: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/11/23/98/0200000000AEN20171123004600315F.html

Oh my oh my~~ Please pick up that again... I was hoping that she would do at least one song for the OST as what she used to do for her dramas. I love her songs in OSTs... Something about her ability to portray the emotional factor in those songs... My fave got to be from Dong-Yi OST.

But I guess something just ain't meant to be rushed. I'm sure your neighbours won't mind since you have been such a thoughtful neighbour all these while. 

6 hours ago, ujiyus1 said:

@Kasmic @katakwasabi We are sure to jump off and on our kayak regularly.  I have few other ships, kayaks, yacht and boats docked at my personal port.  I'll jump off and on as and when I feel like it... hahaa!! 

Thanks for all the news and photos of the GBC cast.  Jang Nara dear, I wish she can build up her confidence level and not haunted from her previous "trauma".  Obviously GBC cast and staff has treated her well.  

Well... SHJ is cute... So it's  alright to jump onboard~~ LOL, his hairstyle in Reply 1994 made my day... I was reminded of Slam Dunk's Hanamichi Sakuragi in a way~ haha!

Ah.. Nara-ssi... She is such a kind and gentle person... I hope she will be able to find her own confidence soon because she is really a great entertainer be it singing or acting. Most of all, I hope she will stop hiding in her house... Hope the GBC cast can pull her out more often~ 

For the last part:

Because HoJun's close with Na YeongSeok, the interviewer asked if he has any greed for variety. But HoJun says that acting comes first. Although if "YeongSeok-hyung" calls, he'll come, hahaha. And sometimes when he drinks, he calls up Na YeongSeok. Pffft. That's what he does to YeonSeok too!

The directors Shin WonHo (of Answer Me 1994) and Na YeongSeok (Three Meals a Day Fishing Village) sees pictures of him with "his daughter" and every time they sent him messages saying that "his daughter" is pretty, thoughts of having a daughter come up in his mind too.

HoJun revealed that ever since he was young, he has always wanted to marry early, to show the picture of "Dad and Mom are living well" and muses that he should make that happen soon.

Through AhRin who played as his daughter: "Even though I'm not really her father, every time I say 'Shouldn't you come to Daddy?' she comes." and he is overwhelmed with the feels.

There was a time when AhRin's real father was beside them but even with him standing right there she still went to HoJun when he called, which made him feel a little apologetic. HAHAHAH!

1 hour ago, xxPeepsxx said:

For the last part:

Because HoJun's close with Na YeongSeok, the interviewer asked if he has any greed for variety. But HoJun says that acting comes first. Although if "YeongSeok-hyung" calls, he'll come, hahaha. And sometimes when he drinks, he calls up Na YeongSeok. Pffft. That's what he does to YeonSeok too!

The directors Shin WonHo (of Answer Me 1994) and Na YeongSeok (Three Meals a Day Fishing Village) sees pictures of him with "his daughter" and every time they sent him messages saying that "his daughter" is pretty, thoughts of having a daughter come up in his mind too.

HoJun revealed that ever since he was young, he has always wanted to marry early, to show the picture of "Dad and Mom are living well" and muses that he should make that happen soon.

Through AhRin who played as his daughter: "Even though I'm not really her father, every time I say 'Shouldn't you come to Daddy?' she comes." and he is overwhelmed with the feels.

There was a time when AhRin's real father was beside them but even with him standing right there she still went to HoJun when he called, which made him feel a little apologetic. HAHAHAH!

Hojun and ahrin are so cute! Hojun is a child magnet. Haha. My sister is like that too, kids love her and she knows how to communicate with them.

Now go back spouses has finished~ it feels empty. I liked joining the live recaps hehe

I'm so lost without this show on Friday!!

By the way, HoJun's autograph looks like some Picasso painting. NaRa's looks like something out of a Sailormoon Episode. Or something outer spacey. HyeJeong's looks like a kindergaterner's HAHAHAHAHA! YiKyung's just like the planet Saturn. What is that star, hahaha.

I cant believe its only one week without GBC. I miss them already

Back on board my kayak :D

500__1511438838-36.jpg

cr. topstar news

From this article in Topstar it seems like he says thats its impossible for a season 2 esp since CBD and JJ have their happy ending. Which I agree, I dont think they can make a season 2 and if they do it might just be a different story with diff casts. It's just so hard to get everyone back on board. :confounded:

Anyway I got this video interview from @vinsensa Thank you chingu. I hope you dont mind me sharing it on your behalf. I think many of us miss him heaps. Even if we dont understand what he said it doesnt matter as seeing him for a brief 5 min interview is better than nothing. :D His wearing the same mustard yellow jumper too. :wink:

@xxPeepsxx thank you so much for translating that interview article. SJ and BD are so cute. I knew Arin would easily walk and hug SHJ and  its even more cute that she does that even in front of her real father. I wonder if he gets offended lol! 

Would it be too much if I could please request a brief overview of what he said in the above video interview?? THANK YOU AGAIN!!! :D

Jang Nara from "Go Back Couple" talks about Chang Ki-yong

Actress Jang Nara talked honestly about the people she met through "Go Back Couple".

Jang Nara recently starred in the KBS 2TV drama "Go Back Couple" as Ma Jin-joo, a thirty-eight year old mother who is exhausted out of raising a child by herself. Jang Nara said, "This drama earned me many friends like Son Ho-jun, Chang Ki-yong, Han Bo-reum, Jo Hye-jeong, Heo Jung-min, Lee Yi-kyung, Go Bo-gyeol and more".

photo913238.jpg

About Son Ho-jun, Jang Nara said, "He's a really sturdy actor. He really felt like the leader of a family and he worked really hard if not even harder".

About Chang Ki-yong who is the youngest of the group, Jang Nara said, "He's got a lot of skills and more potential. He's clumsy and he seems like a little kid but on TV he's mature. He works hard to work into the character".

"Lee Yi-kyung threw ad-libs all the time. The director even had to tell him to stand down. Han Bo-ruem worked so hard on her cheerleading and Go Bo-gyeol, ballet. Jo Hye-jeong felt like a real friend later on. I couldn't slack because everyone did their best".

It's been 16 years since Jang Nara's debut. She says 'acting is fun'.

"Acting gets me away from my life. I am quite without much going on usually but acting is the best thing that can happen to me and I won't stop".

Meanwhile, "Go Back Couple" ended on the 18th.

November 25, 2017

[INTERVIEW] Son Ho-jun sheds tears playing father character 

111(213).jpg
Actor Son Ho-jun poses prior to an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Wednesday. / Courtesy of YG Entertainment

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

Son Ho-jun, 33, shed many tears while shooting the recently finished romantic comedy "Couple on the Backtrack." 

"Empathizing with Ban-do, I was in deep grief. Outwardly, he might look like a simple-minded person, but he is an ordinary hard-working husband and father for the sake of his family," he said during an interview with The Korea Times, at a cafe in Seoul, Wednesday. 

"When he cries out his sorrow and regret that his wife could not stay at her mother's deathbed because of him and he says he too misses his mother-in-law, I was all in tears. He worked hard to be a responsible breadwinner, but he ended up making an unforgivable mistake and became estranged from his wife." 

In the 12-part drama, Son took the lead character Choi Ban-do, a 38-year-old pharmaceutical company salesman, married to his university crush Ma Jin-joo, played by actress Jang Na-ra. Choi, once a fearless civil engineering university student, is now a breadwinner, who struggles to live under the heavy burden of making ends meet. Ma, a "campus queen," became a low self-esteemed housewife stuck with singlehandedly parenting a child. 

The couple constantly fights and was on the verge of divorce. One day, they travel back to when they were twenty years old. 

The KBS Monday-Tuesday drama, lacking adultery or controversy has succeeded in grabbing viewers' attention. The 12-part time-travel story exited with a record 7.3 percent viewership, topping the rate among the same time slot dramas. 

"It is a story about family. Ban-do overlaps with our fathers you see around. Taking on the role, I happened to understand what fathers are. Like him, my father has neither said a word on what he has to deal with in his work place. He might have thought that if he looks weak, the whole family might crumble." 

With "Couple on the Backtrack" the actor, who made a mark with 2013 hit drama "Reply 1994," has added another life project. In the drama, time-traveling and reliving university years are not all about fun. By telling heart-wrenching moments _ Ma meeting her dead mother again and the couple feeling the pain of absence of their baby son _ the drama deeply touched viewers' heart, highlighting the meaning of parenthood and marriage. 

Asked about what he wants to do if he could time-travel to the past, Son said he wants to go back to his school years. "Since I was in high school, I've gotten engrossed in acting and have not looked back. When I was on stage, I loved the way the audience engages with actors: I act live so close to the audience that their breath can be heard, while they laugh and cry over what I said on stage," he said. "But, if I could re-live those years, I might try to study hard and see what else I can be." 

The actor said he is not an "actor," yet. "A person can become an actor, only after viewers receive him as one. I don't think I'm an actor yet, but an actor -in-the making. When I'm asked about what kind of actor I want to be, I would say I want to be an actor, first," he said. 

jinhai@ktimes.com

November 25, 2017

Jang Na-ra Grows Closer to Mom Thanks to Latest TV Role

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2017112500341_0.jpg

Jang Na-ra played a young mother who married a college friend and came to travel back in time to college in the TV series "Go Back Couple," which ended last week.

Jang, who is still single, said she thought of her mom all the time as she played the character, who is perpetually exhausted by never-ending duties as a mother and wife and often regrets her marriage, and became so grateful for everything her mother has done for her family.

"I have no experience raising a child or being a housewife, so I tried to approach this role imagining how and what my mom would have done," she said. "And if I can dare to say it, I think I got to understand who a mother is and what she means to us."

Jang described herself as very attached to her mother, and yet the drama has made her want to spend even more quality time with her mother.

"I will make more effort to be the best of friends for my mom so that I have no regrets about not knowing enough about her when one of us leaves this world," Jang said.

Her plan for this Christmas, of course, is to stroll around town chatting with her mother.

Archived