• Hangul: 고백부부
  • Director: Ha Byung-hoon
  • Writer: Kwon Hye-joo
  • Network: KBS
  • Episodes: 16
  • Release Date: Oct 13-Nov18, 2017
  • Runtime: Fri - Sat

Plot:

The new drama will be about a husband and wife who regret getting married.  It's a drama of the popular sitcom "Sound of the heart"

Cast:

Jang Nara (

Sohn Jo Hoo

sources: http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170809153911932?d=y

and Dramabeans.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Nara, Sohn Ho-joon tie the knot for new KBS drama

by girlfriday (dramabeans)

JangNara_SohnHoJoon1.jpg

We’ve got another new variety-drama on the way called Confession Spouses(or Go Back Spouses, if it ends up that there’s some kind of time-travel involved), and offers are out to Jang Nara (One More Happy Ending) and Sohn Ho-joon (Blow Breeze) to headline. I honestly think the distinction “variety-drama” means very little in the current drama landscape, since the so-called hybrid dramas that we’ve seen so far—The Producers and The Best Hit—were just scripted dramas that happened to be produced by variety PDs. This new series will come from PD Ha Byung-hoon and writer Kwon Hye-joo of the hit web sitcom adaptation of The Sound of Your Heart, which garnered heaps of praise and a cult following for its witty sense of humor.

The new drama will be about a husband and wife who regret getting married, and tells the story of their “war-like, realistic life changes.” That’s not a whole lot to go on, but it does sound like a setup for relatable, everyday problems that all spouses face. I like the idea of starting with a couple where some love is already lost, which hopefully only means that the road back to happiness will be more rewarding.

I’m confident that Jang Nara could make me invested in any character she plays—she just has a likability factor and charm that goes beyond what’s on the page, and I’m always instantly rooting for her. It’s too bad that her last project Housewife Detective fell through, but that show sounded so much like Mystery Queen, which kind of cornered the market on ajumma sleuths this year. But I like the idea of this simple, relatable story for her; plus, I like her opposite Sohn Ho-joon more. They’re both so sweet… will they really play a couple at war with each other? It’s hard to imagine anything other than rainbows and puppies for them, at least until I’ve seen them fighting.

Confession Spouses is scheduled to air in KBS’s Friday-Saturday slot following Strongest Deliveryman, and premieres October 13.

• 3 weeks later...

Son Ho Jun And Jang Nara To Star In New KBS Variety Drama As A Couple

Son-Ho-Joon-Jang-Nara-XPN.png

Actress Jang Nara and actor Son Ho Jun will be starring in a new variety drama!

On August 30, a source from KBS 2TV’s “Confession Couple” (literal title) revealed that the two actors will be starring in the variety drama as the main couple.

The variety drama tells the story of a couple that regrets getting married, and is being described as a drama about real life change. PD Ha Byung Hoon, who directed the drama “The Sound of Your Heart” will be working with writer Kwon Hye Joo on this project.

Meanwhile, “Confession Couple” is set to air its first episode on October 13 following the ending of “Strongest Deliveryman.”

Are you excited to see Jang Nara and Son Ho Jun as an onscreen couple?

Top photo credit: Xportsnews.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/30/son-ho-jun-jang-nara-star-new-kbs-variety-drama-couple/

AUG 30 2017

Son Ho-Jun and Jang Na-Ra cast in KBS2 drama series “Go Back Couple”

DIe8RHoVoAAVooM.jpg

Son Ho-Jun and Jang Na-Ra are now cast for upcoming KBS2 drama series “Go Back Couple” (literal title).  The drama series will air Fridays and Saturdays at 11PM, beginning October 13, 2017. Story for “Go Back Couple” follows a married 38-year-old couple. They now can’t stand each other and regret marrying at a relatively young age. Somehow the couple travel through time when they first met in college.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/son-ho-jun-and-jang-na-ra-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-go-back-couple

Jang Na Ra and Son Ho Joon confirmed for upcoming drama 'Confession Couple'!

DIe5ZUxVoAADDPv.jpg

Jang Na Ra and Son Ho Joon will be acting opposite each other in the upcoming KBS drama 'Confession Couple'.

On August 30, KBS confirmed, "Jang Na Ra and Son Ho Joon's casting has been confirmed. Filming has not started yet." 'Confession Couple' will center around a married couple who regret walking down the aisle together and become enemies. It's described as a real life comedy drama in the theme of past sitcom 'Sound of Your Heart'. 

Jang Na Ra last starred in MBC's 2016 series 'One More Happy Ending', while Son Ho Joon starred in 'Blow Breeze' last year.

'Confession Couple' is expected to air on October 13 at 11PM KST following 'Strongest Deliveryman'.
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/08/jang-na-ra-and-son-ho-joon-confirmed-for-upcoming-drama-confession-couple

First script reading for KBS2 drama series “Go Back Couple” (asianwiki)

Go-Back-Couple-SR1.jpg

First script reading for KBS2 drama series “Go Back Couple” took place late August, 2017 at KBS Annex Building in Yeuido, Seoul. At the first script reading, main cast members Son Ho-Jun, Jang Na-Ra, Kim Byung-Ok, Jo Ryun, Lee Byung-Joon and Kim Mi-Kyung all attended. Before the first script reading started, Jang Na-Ra mentioned that “When I first read the script, it was so fun … like a novel.”

“Go Back Couple” first airs October 13, 2017 in South Korea.

Go-Back-Couple-SR2.jpgGo-Back-Couple-SR3.jpg

Trios of best friends, rivals, and enemies for KBS’s Confession Spouses

by tipsymocha (dramabeans)

heojungmin-leeyikyung-hanboreum-johyejung.jpg
Heo Jung-min, Lee Yi-kyung, Han Bo-reum, Jo Hye-jung

Wow, this is a whole lot of names. KBS’s Confession Spouses is a little over a month away from its premiere, and has recently added a slew of names to its supporting cast. It’s actually quite funny how parallel these new characters run in terms of their relationship with the main couple, played by Sohn Ho-joon (Blow Breeze) and Jang Nara (One More Happy Ending). We’ve got a trio of best friends for each spouse, as well as the requisite rivals in love.

Confession Spouses will follow the titular married couple, both 38, who are constantly bickering and generally very unhappy with how their lives turned out. They embark on a “clean up the past, change my life” project, which may or may not include time travel (some reports say they do, others omit the information). In either case, a good chunk of the series will be set in the couple’s college years, and the casting reflects that.

First, we have Heo Jung-min (Introverted Boss) and Lee Yi-kyung (Mirror of the Witch), who will make up two legs of the bromance trio with husband Sohn Ho-joon. They’re all students in the civil engineering department, and they sound like a hoot: Lee Yi-kyung has a bright and charming personality, but is called naive and a little dumb, lol. Heo Jung-min is described as a bit of a weakling in school and a comic character, although he successfully changes his style due to his love for Han Bo-reum’s character.

Han Bo-reum (Bring It On, Ghost, Modern Farmer), on the other hand, is one of two best friends of Jang Nara’s character, along with Jo Hye-jung(Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju). Han Bo-reum, a former high school cheerleader, sounds like the kind of friend I’d love to have, with an easygoing personality and a high alcohol tolerance. Jo Hye-jung’s character is a bit of an oddball, but I can see her bringing the comedy: She has an innocent and goody two-shoes outer appearance, but will occasionally throw out a surprisingly sarcastic remark.

jangkiyong-gobokyul-imjigyu.jpg
Jang Ki-yong, Go Bo-kyul, Im Ji-gyu

And then, we have the college-era rivals, who will vie for the leads’ hearts. Jang Ki-yong (The Liar and His Lover) will play a popular upperclassman in the same history department as Jang Nara. He unexpectedly and suddenly confesses to her in public, but gets turned down. Go Bo-kyul (Seven Day Queen), on the other hand, will be the recipient of Sohn Ho-joon’s one-sided love. A ballet major, her character will slowly open her heart to Sohn Ho-joon’s when he starts approaching her differently from before.

Im Ji-gyu (Man to Man, Doctors) will also be appearing in Confession Spouses as Sohn Ho-joon’s sunbae in med school. In the present, he is the director of a hospital and has a relationship with his underclassman built on their mutual dislike for one another. Not exactly sure how he’ll play into the predominantly campus rom-com, but it might be fun if the antagonistic interactions are played for comedic effect.

Whew. That is quite the supporting cast, but it feels like the show is populating its universe with fun, likable characters, so I’m happy with how Confession Spouses is shaping up. It’ll be interesting to see the cast on screen because the age range of the actors is quite wide, and while I can maybe see Jang Nara playing a college freshman (the woman doesn’t age, I swear), conversely, it might be harder to believe Jo Hye-jung as a 38 year-old.

Confession Spouses will follow KBS’s Strongest Deliveryman in their Friday-Saturday slot, starting on October 13.

Was I the only one who shouted "Ajjeossi is not a thug!"? I am talking about Kim Byung Ok. I think is my first time seeing him in a different role. I could watch the drama only for him in a different role, but I am glad I don't have to. :D I am a little tense as I am not crazy about time-travel dramas (thrillers are an exception) and I am currently fast forwarding Manhole, but I'll trust the cast and the project they have chosen.

Thanks for starting the thread, @Go Seung Ji!

@alekaonu every time I see your name I am reminded of 7th Grade Civil Servant and some other dramas from that "era" - yeah, that also makes me feel "slightly" older than... 4 years ago... I clearly remember seeing you on other threads afterwards, but each time I feel like saying "Long time no seen". so don't be surprised if I do that more than once. :wink: So, long time no seen, @alekaonu!

Hi @Hannahmiriam chingu, OMO you still remember me from 7th Grade Civil Servant? I don't even remember when I did I started chatting with you but I know you because you are very familiar to me. Oh wow, that drama was in 2013. 4 years has passed! Yup since then I have been in many other threads. As long I'm watching the drama, then I will be in the threads. Sometimes I'm a silent lurker, sometimes I appeared to spazz along.

I hope with this drama, you and I will be seeing each other a lot in this thread and gonna spazz lots. :D I love Jang Nara, she's one of my fave actresses in South Korea. So definitely I will park in here.

• 2 weeks later...

TVXQ's Yunho poses with good friend Son Ho Joon during his cameo appearance on 'Confession Couple'

DKNPpI7VwAA8PUG.jpg

TVXQ's Yunho posed with his good friend Son Ho Joon on the set of upcoming KBS2 variety-drama, 'Confession Couple'!

Yunho will be making a cameo appearance to support his friend Son Ho Joon in the new drama, about a couple are 38 years old as they overcome their past differences and change their lives together. The couple will be played by Son Ho Joon and Jang Na Ra.

While it's unknown what cameo role Yunho will play in 'Confession Couple', the staff of the drama thanked Yunho for his comedic acting, as well as for agreeing to the cameo. 

'Confession Couple' premieres on October 13 at 11PM KST on KBS2!

source

Archived