[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 Well, I feel the need to defend 444 in that matter. He may sound harsh and coldhearted but if you think about his life as grim reaper, I can understand where he is coming from. First of all, unlike his partners who were humans before, he has spent all his time as a grim reaper. So we have to imagine that he has been trained to take souls from the deceased. Notice that his former partner's time was up, indicating that the time for human grim reapers is limited. In contrast to the human grim reapers, 444's time is not limited. Then the second difference is that he has never lived as a human, hence he has never received compassion and empathy from others. From the start, he was asked to take the soul... where should he learn to feel compassion and empathy? Sure, you might point out that 007 is different from him. However, 007 is watching dramas where he learns the value of family, compassion, love aso. Since 007 watched dramas, he has learnt about humans and their rules. Nevertheless even 007 asked Black not to meddle in humans' life. In other words, he is not so different in that matter.

Yes, Black is arrogant and seems indifferent to humans. Yet, I already see some changes in Black. He did feel sorry for Ha Ram but he has not learnt to show it. Moreover, he feels uncomfortable with such feelings. When he described her eyes, you could sense that he was sincere: he likes her eyes and her gift. Being compared to a dog was a compliment, even if it sounds weird and like an insult. Like you, I believe that he will remove the stone from the ground without her knowledge.

I like Black because due to his determination and his intelligence, he will be able to achieve what Ha Ram's father failed 20 years ago. He will reveal the whole truth about Moojin's incidents. Ha Ram's father might have been too gentle, indulgent and less ruthless, trusting humans too easily hence he got killed. We saw what happened to the commissioner general Song Jae Geun. He closed an eye to Chairman Oh's mistake and in the end, he ended up dead.  

dear you don't have to defend him :joy: okay as i said about the last scene of ep 5 he freak me  but he really looked like the cold grim reaper he should  be ( that was a compliment to him ), i wasn't angry he lie to HR or that he let that boy die ( okay i am sad for that boy but not angry from BLACK ) after all if he didn't act like that i was going to feel strange after all he can't change fast like that , and as you said we talking about 444's who was born as grim reaper and never had a connect with human more than taken their soul so he has his reason for not understand them or care for their feeling after all it his job to not have feeling

but i have to point one thing,  even among  the other pure grim reaper not just the EX-human BLACK was known as the coldest and the most perfect one who never make mistake or never feel anything for human or other grim reapers  (  he has so many enemy because he wasn't so nice or let ssy that he was act as he was above all other grim reapers:joy:), so it not cause he couldn't have connect with human like 007 or 416 who love human drama and music , the fact that Black CHOICE to not have any connect with human cause he has so much pride and see himself above human and they not important or in his own  level 

so that why i think it was fate  for him to live in human body to understand what he couldn't with all this years in his work as grim reaper , and i think they have to work as partner with EX- Human for two reasons first , for EX-human need someone to watch them to not make mistake and to make sure they learn their lesson and spend time where they understand what wrong was  killing themself , and the second reason for the pure grim reaper to have connect with human feeling after being with EX -Human to make them see and deal with human  feeling.after all to value the life even when it not perfect or as you wanted it to be is lesson for both kind of grim reaper , sure they not supposed to feel like human but they have to learn respect and understand human feeling , but BLACK wasn't like that and that why i said i wasn't angry and to be honest i am happy i wouldn't take it easy if he really change fast that will not fit  his character as grim reaper that they show us bofer he take MG body .

so i agree with you , BLACK has long way to start learn and feel like human or even to start understand them , that what amazing about his story , he not feeling in love at first sight or become warm heart suddenly and or break the rules he follow all his life for HR so  easy or even want to help stranger like HR even if that will hurt and destroy him latter . after all he sure at first will put his life and his pride as grim reaper above all till his heart start moving slowly as we saw in ep 5 and as we going to saw next:love:

p.s. i also see his words to HR about her eyes as compliment ( sorry HR you will understand like us latter trust me )  , he hated all human before but was trying to say that she different and that he don't see her like other human , he care for her that why i said about that scene as a scene i like that show how he start to not see her as bothering or hating her being with him and  i liked how he acted while saying that it was something honest and he was talking he true not lies or not cause he want something from her and he didn't understand that feeling or that words he saying to her it was new to him , i can't wait to see when he start get that he loving her 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, nona88 said:

dear you don't have to defend him :joy: okay as i said about the last scene of ep 5 he freak me  but he really looked like the cold grim reaper he should  be ( that was a compliment to him ), i wasn't angry he lie to HR or that he let that boy die ( okay i am sad for that boy but not angry from BLACK ) after all if he didn't act like that i was going to feel strange after all he can't change fast like that , and as you said we talking about 444's who was born as grim reaper and never had a connect with human more than taken their soul so he has his reason for not understand them or care for their feeling after all it his job to not have feeling

but i have to point one thing,  even among  the other pure grim reaper not just the EX-human BLACK was known as the coldest and the most perfect one who never make mistake or never feel anything for human or other grim reapers  (  he has so many enemy because he wasn't so nice or let ssy that he was act as he was above all other grim reapers:joy:), so it not cause he couldn't have connect with human like 007 or 416 who love human drama and music , the fact that Black CHOICE to not have any connect with human cause he has so much pride and see himself above human and they not important or in his own  level 

so that why i think it was fate  for him to live in human body to understand what he couldn't with all this years in his work as grim reaper , and i think they have to work as partner with EX- Human for two reasons first , for EX-human need someone to watch them to not make mistake and to make sure they learn their lesson and spend time where they understand what wrong was  killing themself , and the second reason for the pure grim reaper to have connect with human feeling after being with EX -Human to make them see and deal with human  feeling.after all to value the life even when it not perfect or as you wanted it to be is lesson for both kind of grim reaper , sure they not supposed to feel like human but they have to learn respect and understand human feeling , but BLACK wasn't like that and that why i said i wasn't angry and to be honest i am happy i wouldn't take it easy if he really change fast that will not fit  his character as grim reaper that they show us bofer he take MG body .

so i agree with you , BLACK has long way to start learn and feel like human or even to start understand them , that what amazing about his story , he not feeling in love at first sight or become warm heart suddenly and or break the rules he follow all his life for HR so  easy or even want to help stranger like HR even if that will hurt and destroy him latter . after all he sure at first will put his life and his pride as grim reaper above all till his heart start moving slowly as we saw in ep 5 and as we going to saw next:love:

p.s. i also see his words to HR about her eyes as compliment ( sorry HR you will understand like us latter trust me )  , he hated all human before but was trying to say that she different and that he don't see her like other human , he care for her that why i said about that scene as a scene i like that show how he start to not see her as bothering or hating her being with him and  i liked how he acted while saying that it was something honest and he was talking he true not lies or not cause he want something from her and he didn't understand that feeling or that words he saying to her it was new to him , i can't wait to see when he start get that he loving her 

You do have a point: he made himself many enemies in the upperworld due to his righteousness and arrogance, nonetheless he is able to have friends: 007 and 416!! The number of friends is irrelevant, only quality matters. Both of them are always there to help him. They give him advice and he listens to them which points out that he is not that heartless in the end. He is able to connect to others... 

Goodness gracious. Still a wee bit confused about the ending. I realize the little boy will die. So he’s a twin or another boy living in the policeman’s house? He looked like a neglected child from the beginning but no one seemed to take note of that. My brain is boggled :blink:

9 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Goodness gracious. Still a wee bit confused about the ending. I realize the little boy will die. So he’s a twin or another boy living in the policeman’s house? He looked like a neglected child from the beginning but no one seemed to take note of that. My brain is boggled :blink:

He had a brother... when the father, officer Kim, left the house, he said: "Bye, kids!" In my opinion, the father disliked Geon Young because he was a little mentally challenged. Hence he was neglected. 

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Now...I am upset with the mom......she must have known what was going on...

Yes, she knows and she is an accomplice. The question is if she is abused herself too.

But if you look at the whole drama, the humans are generally put in a very bad light... we may criticize Black for being coldhearted, but he is far better than the humans. Look at all the sins and crimes they commit:

- sex with minors

- prostitution

- abandonment because one child is sick (HJS) or cursed (Ha Ram)

- kids bullying others

- violence in general: OMS is physically abused by his brother

- child abuse

- pedophilia

- greed

- stealing the girlfriend

- murder

- extortion (Ji Dong's mother)

- the wife using too much the credit card 

ep 6 video's 

that was cute in the grim reaper way 

Spoiler

wow  i like  the HR - fiona 

wait he didn't like her hand on MS WOW i am not imaging is he jealous that look he gave to MS

Spoiler

that was sad  the doctor now matter what she did or happen to her in the past or now she make me feel sad she live in fear and she trying hard to keep living , that was a women who living in the edge of life not really living  her eyes was crying for help ask without words to someone to save her

Spoiler

On 10/27/2017 at 2:35 PM, Ais1ing said:

I have a feeling once Black gets over his initial wanting to take Ha Ram back to the otherworld, he will simply choose to let her go and let her live. I believe that Moo Gang's body will  be restored to him and that Ha Ram and her first love Moo Gang will be reunited. As for 444, he will have learned a valuable lesson in what it means to live, learn and love. Truly love someone i.e. knowing when to let go... 

I'm hoping for this ending too, it seems to me that reference to Meet Joe Black has to be significant to this drama. BTW thanks for your refresher on the movie too. It has been years since I have watched it.

Ok, I'm still bringing up the rear catching up on everyone's pov but was anyone one as confused as I was at the end of 5? The little boy was switched, so he must have a twin who has been chosen to live a child's life and now the father will be the killer. There must have been a deal between the parents. You can abuse this one but not touch the other one? These poor children that live in this town seem not to have a chance against these sick Richard Simmons adults. The mother is in on this too. It's disturbing.  I missed the humor we had in the earlier episodes.

@stroppyse I've been seeing you in many a thread these days and am happy to see someone else is watching a bunch of dramas. Thanks for the translations, hope to read your insights too on this one.:wub: 

@bebebisous33 I'm still digesting the 3 killers theory, I should really take the time to rewatch this one. Thanks as always for your insights.

Thank you to everyone in this thread since you all of you insights are making this drama more compelling than it already is.:heart:

Hi chingus @bebebisous33, @Ais1ing I just finished ep 5 and the ending was unexpected :o. I really thought Black saved the boy's life. HaRam did change the boy's fate. In her vision, the boy was supposed to be in the suitcase but either way, (he is destined to die. ) in his father's hands (which I conclude that he is not the real father) or they are not the real parents.. 

(Anyway, I accept the fact that Black did not meddle in the boy's fate..afterall, he  is a grim reaper and his job is to reap souls, he will not change from being cold to a sympathetic man that easily, it will have a long way to go.) 

BTW After watching Ep 5, I just kept on thinking about Black and his memory in MG's body.. 

@nona88 the way every memory BLACK has about MG,  it  was it  was a memory of two children and never till now was  only about   the young JOON oppa that   HR  know , so that mean we not sure about :

• we not sure if he having the memory of JOON oppa or  it the memory of the other the little other child? 
  • if he having this memory  cause MG was JOON or was the little child?
  • if he even having this memory  cause he in MG body or cause BLACK himself  has connecting with one of the two children.(quoted)

Yeah I agree with your thoughts about this.

I feel that Joon oppa is not MG but he is MG himself (the little boy with Joon and the son of the doctor of MS's dad) I think that he is investigating about what happened in the past 20yrs to know who killed Joon or why they got kidnapped when they were young. 

and about the memories.

Whenever I think about it, there was a little boy beside Joon (most of the time when Black  in MG's body remembers the past) for me, it was actually MG's memories.

In episode 1, I have this feeling that HMG is trying to envision Joon oppa while witnessing a scene where young KSY was being beaten by the woman.(or could it be that he was also there)

59f47608483bd_Blackepisode1Joonwitness1.

I think MG is also investigating about the car accident (20yrs ago) if it was truly an accident or someone did it to kill Joon oppa (the car was underwater in ep1 and I think that it was Joon's corpse.)

Why? because MG feels responsible about Joon's unjustly death. He has the bracelet that HaRam gave to Joon maybe because Joon gave it to him as a remembrance.

Why? I think, it was about the "heart"  Joon was killed to get his heart  to give to MG. ( I think Joon was adopted for that reason, MG is sickly so his mother would do everything to keep him alive.) and that's why MG is taking medicine, its for his heart.

Spoiler

8CaDjiF.jpg

It is not that visible but I am quiet sure about the scar on MG's chest which is probably a heart transplant surgery scar ..

Now that I think about Joon being dead, My wild guess now is that what if  444 was Joon? and it's his fate to know about his past by possessing MG's body and not only to search for his partner? 

thanks  @Ais1ing for tutorial on how to post pics:wub:

@ocean90 Welcome to the conversation. I too think that 444 was Joon Oppa and had his memories repressed. That's why they're slowly filtering back to him now. 

BeB9gGL.gif

Regarding the theory that Ha Ram can't see Moo Gangs' possession because of his black clothing -----> I think that theory is wrong. I also think it's because she can see other grim reapers BUT not her own. We know 444 has the crystal ball to collect her soul, so he's been delegated as her Grim Reaper. This is why she can't see the shadow on him.

@ocean90 I like your theory very much. Joon is dead, killed in order to give the heart to the other boy hence he became a grim reaper. This would explain why HMG can not die... he is not just possessing a body, but there is a connection between him and the body: his heart. 

@evie7 There are three killers so far:

• The first murderer Black killer number 1.png killed HR's father and the director of the mental institut.
  • The second killed black0200840a.jpgHMG three times: the shooting, then two poisoning
  • The third one   

Black episode 5 killer number 3 2.png killed Han Jin Sook and the commissionner General song Jae Geun. The last one is hired by OMS's brother, the violent hyung.

2 hours ago, ocean90 said:

Yeah I agree with your thoughts about this.

I feel that Joon oppa is not MG but he is MG himself (the little boy with Joon and the son of the doctor of MS's dad) I think that he is investigating about what happened in the past 20yrs to know who killed Joon or why they got kidnapped when they were young. 

and about the memories.

Whenever I think about it, there was a little boy beside Joon (most of the time when Black  in MG's body remembers the past) for me, it was actually MG's memories.

In episode 1, I have this feeling that HMG is trying to envision Joon oppa while witnessing a scene where young KSY was being beaten by the woman.(or could it be that he was also there)

I think MG is also investigating about the car accident (20yrs ago) if it was truly an accident or someone did it to kill Joon oppa (the car was underwater in ep1 and I think that it was Joon's corpse.)

Why? because MG feels responsible about Joon's unjustly death. He has the bracelet that HaRam gave to Joon maybe because Joon gave it to him as a remembrance.'

i also feel that it the case here

Why? I think, it was about the "heart"  Joon was killed to get his heart  to give to MG. ( I think Joon was adopted because of that reason, MG is sickly so his mother would do everything to keep him alive.) and that's why MG is taking medicine, its for his heart.

It is not that visible but I am quiet sure about the scar on MG's chest which is probably a heart transplant surgery scar ..

i am too with you in this point too i write before that maybe the mother used JOON to save her child and she adopt JOON to take his heart or something also that what i feel after what she said in ep 1-2  , and i think more about it after ep 5 after seeing JOON really mother so if MG  mother take JOON CAUSE HE HER HUSBAND CHILD OR SHE JUST  ADOPT A STRNGER CHILD MAYBE SHE DIDN'T DO IT JUST CAUSE NICE

Now that I think about Joon being dead, My wild guess now is that what if  444 was Joon? and it's his fate to know about his past by possessing MG's body and not only to search for his partner? 

IF BLACK  is JOON or not i think he have a strong connected to JOON , maybe the childern who die  in some way they reborn as pure grim reaper 

thanks  @Ais1ing for tutorial on how to post pics:wub:

wow watching it with sub 

under spoiler if other still having watchig it with sub 

Spoiler
  •  the doctor was working with JOON really mother and his mother promise to help her to study to be doctor
  • JOON mother was put in jail and everythings change , i think they did that to take JOON and other girl who work with them , her child and other child that she was helping them to not go in the wrong road like her 
  • so the doctor know JOON , but MG didn't know her , if he was really JOON he would know her when he see her , but he know only after that when he saw her old photo with differnet name so he know she lies , but JOON would know her cause he didn't see her only when she was hitting but he know her from before 
  • as i said the flashback was tricking us , the first time they show only JOON who saw that women hitting the doctor when she was young and we thought that mean MG is JOON since MG who saw that flashback but now they show us that the young boy also was there and see the same things , they really playing with us don't you agree @bebebisous33
  • now i am more things that what i write before has some sense , BLACK having this flashback maybe caue MG is the young boy , maybe cause it has nothing with MG body and BLACK see it cause he really was JOON or one of the two childern  here i also agree more with what @ocean90 said about that JOON  was just  away to save the other child ,
  • and i add more everyone was victims in some way to what happened 20 years ago , it like so many power  people want to benefit in so many different way for so many different reason for using the kids , and they use there power to hide everything since they all have dirty hands now and have to keep hidden even others crimes

@nona88 I have to say that the writer is really good because each time, details are added so that theories we had so far have to be corrected. Yes, in the new episode the little boy was there hence it is really possible that HMG was that little boy and Joon is dead lying in the sea. Then this would mean that Black was in his past life Joon. Striking is that when HMG fell from the bridge, he only thought of Ha Ram. When SW kissed him, he pushed her away and immediately looked at Ha Ram, well aware that she would be upset. Here again, we got clues that Leo is also linked to the doctor and HMG. When he visited Leo, he had an envelop in his hand... Surprising is that HMG didn't help him at all. Leo is a drug addict and OMS's cousin is the real problem. 

I was only annoyed by one aspect: at the end, the killer had been stabbed in the neck and was terribly bleeding, yet later you didn't see any real wound, only the paint on his neck. 

b9c7129512b495f5162db0653cbe1a5f.jpgwhy he feel something for her (he also feel something in hospital towards her)...and suddenly looking for HR.....

Did MG really love her that much .?

0ea531af40131892d08a684ca03206fe.jpgAs I'm already suspicious about joona may be black and little boy HM ......now it's seems like true.

Spoiler

f044d3b7030dc2863e5e1005644fec8f.jpg8ba9a448bb1e5af7ae1f4e26607883be.jpg

So MG know Leo......and those paper....may be related to his dr.girlfriend. 

Leo doesn't look like bad guy.....but he also connected to past incident.....

Spoiler

c6f40b9ee1e1ce69d1a16c6cbd4b239a.jpg

S.....?

Spoiler

55100dc3dc79f37764bfaa503a01ee48.jpg

This episode was totally hilarious :joy:He dodged and let her fall unbelievable. 

MS and HR dance also hilarious. 

Now Ajusshi black stuck into MG body ......temporary or permanent. ...?

122297af0c8552e1b80300bdeacd3749.jpglol.......:joy:

Archived