[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

Oh lordy god! Two days ago I was crying my eyeballs out, today my eyes are widden and smiling! (I sound like a creep. Lol! :lol:)

But ohhh can't wait for the episode to be sub. Wanna know what they are saying.

So we get this amazing spinning they do, but look at behind the scene. Deng Lun is suffering from dizziness and spinning too much. Hahaha! :lol:

Credit to instragram owner denglunofficial

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

59 minutes ago, canstand said:

A drink and an apology, you just want me to forget everything your mother did? and the reason you gave me that apology is because you want me to call of the wedding? Sorry, my moral code just can't accept something that outrageous.  Good Luck to you girls, it was fun discussing with you about this drama, I just can't continue to root for something like this. See you.

Life really is unfair to Night. XF has everything, family, power, and the girl of his dream. I don't blame Night for turning to the dark side. But I'm still rooting for XF + JM. XF didn't kill Night's mother, he didn't mistreat Night as a stepbrother, and he certainly didn't steal Night's girl. JM chose XF, he got her permission to take the next step in their relationship. I don't see his action as morally wrong... Night's scheming and the way he used JM to destroy XF on the other hand... 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

OMG :wub: 

it was done very well, we got the spiritual and human side of mutual cultivation :lol:

lol at the fireworks and I like how we got a Phoenix flower in the end

they deserve to be happy  

The cultivation scene was tastefully done. The shaking tree :sweatingbullets:

@tenten0227 I agree. Yang Zi has the right acting chops for the role. Her face transforms that sometimes she looks like a different person.

In a way, Run Yu's actions in the drama resets Jin Mi back to how she was in the book at this time of the story. Poor Xu Feng though. 

I am going to be a mess once this drama is finished.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

What is this about unfeeling pill?  It cracked becos of JM's love for XF.  But how come RY came to know abt it?  Does XF also know abt that pill?  If RY can replant it in JM, can XF not remove it from her? he is FI after all - more power ful than NI.  

I HV yet to watch the ep.  But it's too unfair for JM.  NI cannot do that to her.:cry:

• Like 3

it seems that RY knows about it bc he read about it on a book and he took a guess that she one and that is when he took it out and decided to repair it. 

XF doesnt know about it and shouldnt know about it until the very end </3

Someone asked about the Jimin inside the frost flower and I think that is her real self. As in fully aware of all her emotions and feelings. I feel extra bad for the Jimin inside the frost flower bc she cant do anything but sit back and watch. I think that will be the reason for her to spill the pill bc she has that part of her inside that is somewhat aware. 

• Like 5

Correct me if I'm wrong... The unfeeling pill was never cracked in the book and RY didn't know about it either. They have to twist the story to make sense of JM's feelings for XF in the human realm. The way they portrayed RY in the drama is extra evil because he goes above and beyond to separate XF/JM, more so than in the book. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, yoohoo611 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... The unfeeling pill was never cracked in the book and RY didn't know about it either. They have to twist the story to make sense of JM's feelings for XF in the human realm. The way they portrayed RY in the drama is extra evil because he goes above and beyond to separate XF/JM, more so than in the book. 

Spoiler

yes, as long as i remember unfeeling pill was never cracked. mortal realm really make the story more smooth than novel.

4 hours ago, steph_2938 said:

For people using subscene, where are you getting the videos to add the subtitles to? I tried YouTube but it didn’t sync up correctly. Thanks :)

video from azmaple. but i don't know how to download from that site.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yoohoo611 said:

Life really is unfair to Night. XF has everything, family, power, and the girl of his dream. I don't blame Night for turning to the dark side. But I'm still rooting for XF + JM. XF didn't kill Night's mother, he didn't mistreat Night as a stepbrother, and he certainly didn't steal Night's girl. JM chose XF, he got her permission to take the next step in their relationship. I don't see his action as morally wrong... Night's scheming and the way he used JM to destroy XF on the other hand... 

I hope Night can be redeemed.

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

What is this about unfeeling pill?  It cracked becos of JM's love for XF.  But how come RY came to know abt it?  Does XF also know abt that pill?  If RY can replant it in JM, can XF not remove it from her? he is FI after all - more power ful than NI.  

I HV yet to watch the ep.  But it's too unfair for JM.  NI cannot do that to her.:cry:

Maybe XF just does not know.

Doesnt it make sense for it to be cracked so she can go on loving? 

• Like 2

Ahhhh things are really heating up ( thanks to a certain fish/dragon :phew: ). I’m really greedy for the progression of our couple’s relationship. Even watching the scenes in the opening/ending is making me upset, the actual episodes are going to rip my heart into tiny pieces :bawling:

well, at least we have some cute scenes to look back to when the angst train runs us all over lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

it seems that RY knows about it bc he read about it on a book and he took a guess that she one and that is when he took it out and decided to repair it. 

XF doesnt know about it and shouldnt know about it until the very end </3

Someone asked about the Jimin inside the frost flower and I think that is her real self. As in fully aware of all her emotions and feelings. I feel extra bad for the Jimin inside the frost flower bc she cant do anything but sit back and watch. I think that will be the reason for her to spill the pill bc she has that part of her inside that is somewhat aware. 

I like that it shows how the pill shatters every time Jin mi falls deeper in love, the novel was a bit frustrating in that you could never be sure if Jin Mi really liked xu feng or if she was just naively going along with whatever he was doing because she wanted lingli ( before she SPOILER killed him cough cough ). The drama is good in that we as the viewer aren’t as clueless as poor little Jin Mi and it highlights that Jin Mi’s feelings are genuine and mutual 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Oh lordy god! Two days ago I was crying my eyeballs out, today my eyes are widden and smiling! (I sound like a creep. Lol! :lol:)

But ohhh can't wait for the episode to be sub. Wanna know what they are saying.

So we get this amazing spinning they do, but look at behind the scene. Deng Lun is suffering from dizziness and spinning too much. Hahaha! :lol:

Credit to instragram owner denglunofficial

Cute.  SHe is circling above him.  Why is he dizzy? :joy::joy:

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Cute.  SHe is circling above him.  Why is he dizzy? :joy::joy:

That's why it's hilarious. She's perfectly fine, but he's all dizzy and can't stand straight. Lol! :lol::joy:

This scene is during when Phoenix becomes the demon lord. Oh boy oh boy! Cannot wait. 

Spoiler

Credit to instagram owner chinesedrammass

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

we are in ep 37 and we are back to square one.... ok I’m holding my diet coke in patient...  sometimes it’s too much in Chinese dramas...

book and drama is slightly different that must be to gain viewers attention and we’re all know that even Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms bold Ye Hua’s character to get deeper impression.

I just wish that the drama will focus on our couple more instead of spending screen times for I don’t know who and rushing the happy ending to one minute hug (cough “Legend of Yun Xi”) 

• Like 5

I dont know if I can take the next few episodes so will probably stop watching until ep. 47 or so when he will be back

I am really hating Night these past episodes. In fact everyone related to XF is pretty despicable. He is the best out of the bunch and he is the one that ends up being a demon lord, says a lot. 

edit:

79aba393gy1fui9k06l1fj20c80fiacs.jpg

YZ #2

DL #4

LYX # 7

1 hour ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Made an FMV while waiting. It's the ending. Warning, some spoilers.

thanks for the video, my heart breaks for XF so much :bawling:

• Like 5

I really hate 2 eps today ... poor my fenghuang being in the midle between he mother and the girl his most love ... blame his mother for her gready for power and love and blame more to his father for gready to power alot... but thanks god they children not like them fenghuang not like that ... re yu more like to his father who want more power event he can using jinmi to got his way to be heavens emperors  ....  poor my fenghuang for love his lose everything and become a demon lord

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

OMO OMO this scene reminds me of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms where Ye Hua took off Bai Qian clothes with magic.... at least here we can see how Jin Mi dress slided off.. and have no idea is it with magic or Xu Feng’s left hand.. 

Reveal hidden contents

006QD16vly1fuhovzs0r3g30la0brkjp.gif

the cultivation scene... eventhough much shorter than I expected... was done perfectly.. the smooth and soft slowly movements is full with love symbols.. the long awaiting moment especially for Xu Feng who deserve Jin Mi’s virginity since he is the destined soulmate for her. 

The white Lotus flower Jin Mi created on his pool is the epitome of innocence and untouched.. white and virgin.. and thank you so much for no interruption from others (like usually was) 

that small cave behind the waterfall in Phoenix Palace is actually the best spot hehehehe... the savest spot in his mansion hehehee...

I am repeating the GIF above and that love scene is the creme de la creme of this drama. I’m so happy for all of us the fans...

Hehehe...yaassss!

I'd like to think that it was Jin Mi sliding off her robe!!!

• Like 3

At first after watching 10 episodes I dropped this drama but then after Watching Leo Yunxi hurt badly I pick up again only for him. 

Even if he turned Evil I like him whatever happened with him and I want to kill Empress. 

006IHhCXly1fuhht5j61aj31jk100qv6.jpg

006IHhCXly1fuhhsktbz0j31kw11xe8f.jpgIm not saying he truly deserves her but both of them hurting him . She's like I doesnt have feelings . (Is that pill really working properly or that pill only supress the feelings of love because Even with the pill inside her she fall for XF ) And i dont know why I'm  feeling  XF back stabbing his brother , knowing that she's engaged to  brother even if I love her I need to be in limits but then He's behaving like i don't care about it whether my brother hurt by my affair and crossing the limits .

006IHhCXly1fufc1ad8ffj31kw1007wt.jpgI don't get it why No one is there to protect him (I'm waiting for subtitles to know When Empress was hurting him and his relatives why not Emperor And XF tried to help him or Save him :bawling:Why No one is there to Understand him .

I'm  crying a bucket of tears watching him everytime hurt. 

• Like 5