[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

3 minutes ago, paperwishes said:
  Hide contents

One of the screenwriters is the author herself. And yes, the author has sung highpraises, support for RY on her weibo & interview multiple times. This is what that further upsets me u-u. As an author, even if you lost interest in your main characters, you should still keep your fans in mind and not do changes like diluting your male lead key scenes to justify the character that you liked.

:tears: Thankfully, I have the book the hold onto. I wonder what do viewers that did not read the book think about the current way things are progressing.

Looks like the author want make a viewer to be have a 2nd lead syndromes... but what the author hope is not be happen the fans really angry for sure for what she doing

• Like 3

Angst spoiler incoming:

This is a speculation spoiler based on the teasers (from songs etc)

:
After FH plunged into the darkness and became Demon lord.

While JM was watching, FH used the token that JM gave (The one JM made from one of her 6 petals) to create a grand flowery scenery for Suihe.

After which, JM confessed her love for FH. FH rejected her and reminded her of the words she said to him when he was dying.

FH then gave her back the love token which JM heart-brokenly crushed it in her hands. :tears: 

FH was then seen alone, gazing sadly into the blood stained snow flakes that's falling down.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

Today's episodes torn my heart. It did not look at all like it was Phoenix's doing of killing JM's parents. It's like he was possessed and snapped out of it after they died. It's another sad road of Phoenix suffering and JM giving him the cold shoulder. Night's planning is finally working. 

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Spoiler

I saw a clip of today's ep, did SH disguise as XF and killed the Water God??? Did they change the story? If he's possessed then that's not reasonable, he's Phoenix! I thought he's supposed to be powerful?! Can't wait to see him as Demon King, I'm loving his hair as a The Great One! 

• Like 3

Friends,

Please let me ask your opinion. Between these brothers, Fire Immortal and Night Immortal, who has better qualification to rule the heaven after their father ( the father who does not have any qualification whatsoever as the current Heaven Emperor ) ?

• LOL 1

29 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

Friends,

Please let me ask your opinion. Between these brothers, Fire Immortal and Night Immortal, who has better qualification to rule the heaven after their father ( the father who does not have any qualification whatsoever as the current Heaven Emperor ) ?

As much as I am team Xu Feng, I think Run Yu is fit to be the Heavenly Emperor. 

Xu Feng's love is both his strength and weakness. It makes for a good male lead but not a good Emperor. I was always ambivalent about the 'i will give up the kingdom for her plot'.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dancingbee said:

Friends,

Depends. If you go by the book then they are both good, I would even give an edge to XF. He did seem much more capable and prepared to take over after his father. He predicts Night's plans, he just doesn't think JM will take Night's side during the battle.That was what he miscalculated. 

If you go by the drama then RY bc they make XF more concern about those he cares about than the smart decision. Like it is his concern for his brother, mother, and JM that eventually leads to his downfall. He also doesnt seem calculative enough or ready to sacrifice people if needed. You need to be somewhat cruel to rule over others and be ready to just backstab others to effectively stay in power.  

• Like 3

I don't know about anyone else but I found it pretty pathetic how the water and wind god couldn't put up a better fight. I mean come on he did a better against the empress all the other times. And that lady assistant of RY, I really dislike her. Just because she loves or whatever him doesn't mean she mess with other's life.

I can't wait for the face offs. Let the anger be release!

13 hours ago, aok said:

I don't know about anyone else but I found it pretty pathetic how the water and wind god couldn't put up a better fight. I mean come on he did a better against the empress all the other times. And that lady assistant of RY, I really dislike her. Just because she loves or whatever him doesn't mean she mess with other's life.

I can't wait for the face offs. Let the anger be release!

Spoiler

After the water god fended off the Empress, he created a weapon for JM to protect herself. In creating that weapon he used up half of his cultivation energy and has gotten a lot weaker. At this time the Empress was already locked up in prison, but no one knows SH came to visit and received the empress' entire cultivation energy. Hence SH is now equally as strong as the Empress (maybe stronger than XF too).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, paperwishes said:

Thankfully, I have the book the hold onto. I wonder what do viewers that did not read the book think about the current way things are progressing.

While i did not read the book, I follow what's in the readers mind like you and also the comments by them.  We get a clear clarity on the exact happenings from both the book and drama.  I really need to thank you all for that.

Even though the recaps done by some blogs stopped, the subtitles by subscene stopped after ep.19 since VIKI took the license to sub this gem of a drama I saw the raw versions upto ep.33.   But i stopped watching after ep.33 and just read the comments in this forums by knowledgeable soompiers here.  Like @segafanlady pointed out, i am just depending on the short YT videos credit @Xu Ji Ye.

Actually I am getting CITT vibe over here (K-drama fans very well know) coz of RY's screen time.  Even though i like the demon princess more than SH the loveline between her and the masked guy is a bit overboard.  

Really looking forward to the comments and the videos posted here.  Jia you!!!!!!!!!

edit:actually i have started watching the initial episodes which are more fun and have more OTP time/moments.

^ the piano strikes again .... :w00t:

Have faith everyone. All of fish boys' screen time won't change the fact that in the end Phoenix and Jinmi will be together and fish boy's gonna end up all alone. The girl servant... Well let's just say the only servants I'm rooting for are Phoenix servants, the two guys and the general. I hope they make it out alive during the wedding! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

I really don't like that guard/servant of Night's either. She's really annoying. I don't care if you love, like, whatever, Night but please just stop it already. You're not making anything any better. 

When I first watched this drama, II watched it all the way up to episodes 16? 18? without reading the novel, and it was a lot more fun that way. It was better being excited without much expectations or being spoiled, knowing what's going to take place. After reading the novel and seeing that Night and the supporting cast is getting way more screen time compare to XF/JM is really frustrating. The novel is shorter compare to the drama version so there's need for more filler scenes/episodes, I understand. I still can't help feeling upset and disappointed that they chose to go this route throughout the entire last half of the drama. And I agree with Pad-Hari. It's definitely giving me CITT vibes at the moment. I'm just like, don't remind me of that drama because I still feel bitter and petty about the lack of screen time our main male lead got + the main couple scenes compare to the second male lead. I understand the need to "justify" Night's reasons for the way he chose to go about life, but it's really getting excessive at the moment. Just give us XF's death and his rule over the Demon world scenes already. I'm ready to see that part. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Today's episodes torn my heart. It did not look at all like it was Phoenix's doing of killing JM's parents. It's like he was possessed and snapped out of it after they died. It's another sad road of Phoenix suffering and JM giving him the cold shoulder. Night's planning is finally working. 

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

10 hours ago, yoohoo611 said:
  Hide contents

I saw a clip of today's ep, did SH disguise as XF and killed the Water God??? Did they change the story? If he's possessed then that's not reasonable, he's Phoenix! I thought he's supposed to be powerful?! Can't wait to see him as Demon King, I'm loving his hair as a The Great One! 

There are only 2 persons in the 6 realms who can cast the Liu Li Jing Huo (glass fire) skill, and they are the Empress and Xu Feng. Since the Empress is imprisoned, then logically, the only other person must be Xu Feng. However, if you watched Ep. 42, you will notice that 

Spoiler

the person who killed the 2 Gods were injured on the left ear. When we saw XF later, he did not have this injury. Nobody knows this yet, but the Empress transferred her skills to Sui He, so she is the other person who knows this skill. Anyway, during the discussion with the Emperor, Run Yu said it is too simplistic to conclude that XF is the culprit. 

When Jin Mi confronted XF with the letter purportedly from him to the Water God, asking to meet, XF said that if it were really him, it would be too stupid for him to leave that letter behind for people to discover.

so, it looks like it was Sui He who changed her appearance to look like XF and killed the 2 Gods. Her intention is obviously to turn Jin Mi against XF so that she can have XF all to herself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, omiki said:

There are only 2 persons in the 6 realms who can cast the Liu Li Jing Huo (glass fire) skill, and they are the Empress and Xu Feng. Since the Empress is imprisoned, then logically, the only other person must be Xu Feng. However, if you watched Ep. 42, you will notice that 

Reveal hidden contents

the person who killed the 2 Gods were injured on the left ear. When we saw XF later, he did not have this injury. Nobody knows this yet, but the Empress transferred her skills to Sui He, so she is the other person who knows this skill. Anyway, during the discussion with the Emperor, Run Yu said it is too simplistic to conclude that XF is the culprit. 

When Jin Mi confronted XF with the letter purportedly from him to the Water God, asking to meet, XF said that if it were really him, it would be too stupid for him to leave that letter behind for people to discover.

so, it looks like it was Sui He who changed her appearance to look like XF and killed the 2 Gods. Her intention is obviously to turn Jin Mi against XF so that she can have XF all to herself.

I realized the ear injury and I kept wondering and thinking about it could be SH, but thanks for explaining. It makes more sense now. 

Now, I can't wait until JM finds out the truth. 

Wait, I haven’t gotten into the episode where Jing Mi pretends to be dead from the attack of the Heavenly Empress. In the book, it was Feng Hua who protected Jing Mi. But I’m reading the spoilers and it ended up being Run Yu?!? WHUT??????

ok, this drama needs a 16 episode korean remake packed with OTP scenes. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, angel318 said:

Apparently the wedding scene happens at ep 46-47, so we'll only see it probably Monday :cry:

Gahhhhh why do they make us wait this long!! Just put me in a coma and wake me up when there's fully subbed episodes up to 60, the wait is tormenting me even though two episodes come out every day!! Does that make me greedy?:bawling:

• LOL 2