[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜

sugarplum892

I am honestly so disappointed :angry:

The drama started out so well and it followed the book pretty closely. Now they just keep making changes and the last 15 episodes haven been a waste. Could have been done in five tops. Now we will only have like 10 episodes if anything to conclude the story and it will be rushed. I am also mad that they did XF so wrong. Kept changing his stuff even gave some of his lines/actions to RY. 

They better ended it like in the book so at least it won't be as bad. But I am not happy with this adaptation :cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This drama is giving me CITT flashback. I really enjoyed the book and the beginning of the drama was so good.  Why did they change so much in the later part?  I know they need fillers but to change it to this extent is very disappointing.  I am sure the ratings show the fans disappointment.  The writer should be getting lots of backlash from fans and they should.

I know the drama is showing more sympathy toward Night but XF didn't do anything to Night but XF is getting the brunt of Night's manipulations.  And poor clueless JM.  I am waiting for the unfeeling pill to come out.  Let the angst begin! 

It's sad to see the changes.  Also drama XF is not as cunning as book XF.  That is a huge disappointment.  I just hope they start sticking to the book and have more screen time for the leads.  JM & XF is the reason why I am watching the drama and hopefully they start going back to the leads.

I am just happy there is no piano like in CITT.  I mean that piano had more screen time than the main lead.

• Like 3

They made Phoenix more of a softie while Fish boy is more cunning and destructive.

Anyway, the drama reached 7 billion views. I was worried it'll slow down a bit due to some people boycotting but at the rate the views are going it looks to be consistent regardless of the changes happening... The show usually hit 1 billion every 3 days.

I just want my happy ending for otp so I'm disregarding everything else.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, aok said:

I don't know about anyone else but I found it pretty pathetic how the water and wind god couldn't put up a better fight. I mean come on he did a better against the empress all the other times. And that lady assistant of RY, I really dislike her. Just because she loves or whatever him doesn't mean she mess with other's life.

I can't wait for the face offs. Let the anger be release!

They didn't dwell on this too much in the drama, but in the book the author makes it clear that no one would have been able to kill the Water God if he hadn't given up half his lingli in order to make Jin Mi's dagger. This is also why Jin Mi feels like she is personally responsible for his death.

The Wind Goddess doesn't die in the book (she isn't involved with fight at all), so I agree with you that she shouldn't have been killed so easily.

• Like 1

Preview for upcoming episodes 

I guess I'm the only one okay with the story so far. I know they deviated a lot from the original storyline but they didn't change as much as compared to other adaptations. The characters are still true to their original forms. I know they focused a lot on supporting characters but I truly believe it's to build on the upcoming events in order to provide a more logical outcome. Like later Feng Huang taking over the Demon Realm, establishing his connections with the Demon Princess will help in the transition where he will recover there after being injured by Jin Mi. Though it may also be the case that they are putting in fillers in order to make it 60 episodes, but I'm thoroughly enjoying everything. Things may have dragged on a bit. The only thing that would irk me is if they rush and mess up the ending, I hate open ended endings or messy ones that doesn't clarify anything.  

• Like 7

I think people should just move on seeing so many comments about differences will ruin the hype this is why im glad i have not read the book yet.

2 hours ago, clawedzip said:

They didn't dwell on this too much in the drama, but in the book the author makes it clear that no one would have been able to kill the Water God if he hadn't given up half his lingli in order to make Jin Mi's dagger. This is also why Jin Mi feels like she is personally responsible for his death.

The Wind Goddess doesn't die in the book (she isn't involved with fight at all), so I agree with you that she shouldn't have been killed so easily.

shouldnt JM be really strong then with this dagger?

On 8/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, tenten0227 said:

Preview for upcoming episodes 

I guess I'm the only one okay with the story so far. I know they deviated a lot from the original storyline but they didn't change as much as compared to other adaptations. The characters are still true to their original forms. I know they focused a lot on supporting characters but I truly believe it's to build on the upcoming events in order to provide a more logical outcome. Like later Feng Huang taking over the Demon Realm, establishing his connections with the Demon Princess will help in the transition where he will recover there after being injured by Jin Mi. Though it may also be the case that they are putting in fillers in order to make it 60 episodes, but I'm thoroughly enjoying everything. Things may have dragged on a bit. The only thing that would irk me is if they rush and mess up the ending, I hate open ended endings or messy ones that doesn't clarify anything.  

compared to other adaptions this year like fuyao this show is way more loyal to the book.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, clawedzip said:

Yes, they made a mockery of it, unfortunately. I have no attachment to the character but it does offend one's sensibilities that a character of such ranking is killed so easily. I am only comforting myself with the thought that SH had the Empress' power as well.

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

compared to over adaptions this year like fuyao this show is way more loyal to the book. 

I agree. At the end of the day, HSALF was such a short book, they had to make up for the screentime somehow.

I suppose the question would be, would we have appreciated a jam-packed 25 episode drama compared to the current 60?

I have some patience and tolerance for the fillers, what bugs me like most, is changing the scenes/dialogue from one character to another.

In any case, I hope they redeem themselves in the remaining episodes. I believe it is still doable. At this point in the story, there were only 5 chapters left in the novel + epilogues. We still have 13 episode after tonight.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, paperwishes said:

"此时,这九霄云殿周遭已埋伏了十万天兵天将"

At this point in time, I have this place surrounded with an army of a hundred thousand.

:( This line. 

ahh this line!! Wait so XF in the drama crashed the wedding without an army?

It's finally arriving tomorrow, but I guess Phoenix just does crash the wedding. How is that going to go well with his promise to JM to trust him and he'll find out the truth?

It's okay, we shall see what is going to happen in tomorrow's episodes. I'm just happy that it's finally here and Phoenix is going to become the demon lord.

Saw this on instagram

Spoiler

At least they'll be happy together.

Credit to instagram owner dilraba.denglun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, angel318 said:

ahh this line!! Wait so XF in the drama crashed the wedding without an army?

It appears so.

In the book, Phoenix also had his army with him--straight from the war. He also anticipated Run Yu's rebellion. I believe he and his soldiers were about to get the upper hand when Jin Mi stabbed him. 

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

It's finally arriving tomorrow, but I guess Phoenix just does crash the wedding. How is that going to go well with his promise to JM to trust him and he'll find out the truth?

It's okay, we shall see what is going to happen in tomorrow's episodes. I'm just happy that it's finally here and Phoenix is going to become the demon lord.

Saw this on instagram

Reveal hidden contents

At least they'll be happy together.

Credit to instagram owner dilraba.denglun

I like it but I also don't like it. It look like he's still mad and plotting against her. Then again, Jinmi should feel some pain after what she put the Phoenix through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

It appears so.

In the book, Phoenix also had his army with him--straight from the war. He also anticipated Run Yu's rebellion. I believe he and his soldiers were about to get the upper hand when Jin Mi stabbed him. 

Yea that's what I remember reading too

I need JM to realize her love for XF already...i need OTP scenes T^T

• Like 2