[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Translated teaser (#4) https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/14/watch-gong-seung-yeon-seo-kang-joons-friendship-turns-something-teaser-human/

The teaser starts with Namshin III standing outside on a rainy night. Kang So Bong appears with a yellow umbrella and says, “Hey, tin man. Starting today, you’re my lackey robot.” Taking a step towards her, he replies, “Okay. Starting now, I’m Kang So Bong’s lackey robot.”

He fulfills his duties by cleaning her house, opening the car door, and showing her options of food when her stomach growls. She enjoys her meal as he smiles and watches her from the window outside of the restaurant.

“Kang So Bong, let’s be friends,” suggests Namshin III. As they hang out together, they become emotionally and physically closer to one another.

She later grabs his face, steps towards him and says, “You’re no longer my friend, because I like you more now.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/14/seo-kang-joon-shares-reason-choosing-star-human/

“Namshin III is a pure robot who loves people and is more like a human than an actual human being. Nam Shin is a third-generation heir that has built a wall between himself and the world ever since he was little.”

He shared his reason for choosing the drama, saying, “Although the theme of robots is difficult and frightening, I wanted to try it out. The most influencing thought I had was ‘When else would I be able to act as a man-made object?'”

Seo Kang Joon also talked about playing two roles in a single drama. He said, “From the beginning, I studied separately, thinking that I would play two characters in two works. Sometimes it was difficult because there were points of compromise or collision between the characters, but I learned a lot from various aspects.”

Seo-Kang-Joon.jpg

Just a side note: I noticed that Namshin and Namshin III always wear white and/or dark grey/black clothes... especially white. It must be a deliberate choice by the series' stylist, because it's pretty noticeable... 

WHITE
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAfnexvujZKMfa--lWcAy
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCOJhFkotJFKoGKiiu9JH

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGZ8-82yHrFsFLsI7c7fP
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCPFveJQIPmKELuQ2cxq4
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCcrhEH5UOXBnnrzd5kCh
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6rgBN6n4W4sdXuixECbr
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvzrIKAjDYzs_U4_RMr8-
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjOM-7qdHecxAb8VQggB0
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhuIARh9bW1nnc2a6zJcZ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPxwqph7T7N7_YOTpgssA
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtHo6KD8PrY5FyRHqxTtt

BLACK:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFHGLbnLVh4pIkQj8wLBS
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_GMO-FkyuCEntq0g3OmD
feat-8-690x401.jpg
are-you-human-too-seo-kang-joon-4.jpg

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon&Tue @ 22:00 PM KST - Premiere on June 4th
On 16.5.2018 at 10:49 PM, Netka85 said:

cr orginal owner and thx gsyinternational and Brainy for translation:wink:

"The staff said that Sobong is a person who face both characters Robot Namshin and human Namshin."

I'm a little confused about (human) Nashin's role in the drama and how long/when Sobong will interact with him: before he falls into a coma and/or later? I read somewhere that she meets him before, and there's bad blood between them because of a failed attempt to steal some pictures of him and sell them, but I'm not sure if this spoiler is true (it isn't mentioned in the official synopsis)...

1 hour ago, jerboa83 said:

"The staff said that Sobong is a person who face both characters Robot Namshin and human Namshin."

I'm a little confused about (human) Nashin's role in the drama and how long/when Sobong will interact with him: before he falls into a coma and/or later? I read somewhere that she meets him before, and there's bad blood between them because of a failed attempt to steal some pictures of him and sell them, but I'm not sure if this spoiler is true (it isn't mentioned in the official synopsis)...

We can see human Namshin in Czech Republic, and that's where he meets Namshin (which is ordered to "protect Namshin" by a male voice) and then has the "accident". He's then transported somewhere else, and there is a scene where his secretary activates Namshin III in an hospital room (the android is lying there, pretending to be Namshin). Is the hospital the place where the substitution happens? Does the transfer scene seen in the trailer happen before or after the substitution?

In this scene, human Namshin is wearing the same clothes he wears when he snatches and breaks the watch Sobong is playing with:

How many times have you spotted human Namshin in the trailers? They seem to be mostly about the robot...

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Premiere on June 4th

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/20/human-cast-looks-mysterious-mesmerizing-official-posters/

The latest official poster and character posters feature the drama’s cast, with Seo Kang Joon as the main lead, gazing straight ahead expressionlessly. The posters also show Gong Seung Yeon, who plays a bodyguard, as well as Kim Sung Ryung, the mother of both the robot and the heir, who looks concerned for her sons.

Lee Joon Hyuk and Yoo Oh Sung both exude a charismatic presence, as they respectively play Ji Young Hoon, a man who helps replace Nam Shin with the robot, and Seo Jong Gil, Nam Shin’s opponent in the company. Park Hwan Hee stars in the drama as Nam Shin’s fiancée Seo Ye Na, and her character poster expresses the complicated emotions through her gaze. Rounding out the character posters is Park Young Gyu as he glares fiercely as the distrusting head of the company Nam Geon Ho.

A source from the production staff stated, “The released posters show the characters So Bong, Young Hoon, Ye Na, Jong Gil, and Geon Ho through the robot Namshin III’s perspective. Thanks to the actors’ detailed expressions, we were able to convey the characters’ stories through the poster. Please look forward to the premiere of ‘Are You Human, Too?’ which will tell the stories of a variety of characters.”

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Are You Human Too? 너도 인간이니 - Seo Kang Joon and Gong Seung Yoon - Mon and Tue @ 22:00 KST - Premiere on June 4th

In many clips shown in the trailers Namshin is wearing the same outfit, a black and grey striped shirt: at the nightclub when he refuses to hold his fiancée's arm, during the fire when he saves Sobong and on the ambulance. It seems that he's Namshin III on all those occasions, and I wonder why he/it is so repelled by Namshin's fiancée, considering that he's supposed to act N's part... Namshin's accident should have already happened, by then (in Czech Rep.). After the fire, N3 gets damaged/deactivated: his/its "mother" stops the ambulance to protect the secret.

Seo Kang Joon Shares Emotional Embrace With Kim Sung Ryung In “Are You Human, Too?”

lgT06OAcClsz636625919947335591.jpg

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Are You Human, Too?” has unveiled a sneak peek at the complex relationship between Seo Kang Joon and Kim Sung Ryung.

On May 22, the drama released new stills showing Seo Kang Joon and Kim Sung Ryung sharing an emotional moment together on their own. The producers commented, “Although they may appear to be an ordinary mother and son, the two are hiding a tragic secret.”

In the drama, Seo Kang Joon plays both Nam Shin, the wealthy heir to a conglomerate, and Nam Shin III, the advanced AI robot created in his image. Kim Sung Ryung plays the role of Nam Shin’s mother Oh Ro Ra, who works in AI research and development. After creating Nam Shin III in her son’s image, she develops a close bond with the robot, who is so close to being human that he can feel emotions.

When Nam Shin falls into danger, Oh Ro Ra ends up hatching a plot to have Nam Shin III secretly take her son’s place, and Oh Ro Ra goes from being Nam Shin III’s only friend to being his mother as well.

Read full article>>> https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/21/seo-kang-joon-shares-emotional-embrace-kim-sung-ryung-human/

"

Before giving you a quick rundown on what freshness we have from them, "Are You Human Too" and its unconventional OTP demand our attention, as the series is starting its romance-filled promotion. My non-drama free time is slowly going bye bye. Bye bye, time.

Custom Boyfriend

"Are You Human Too" has gone through quite a change in tone since its first promotional goodies, and we get to experience the main pairing. The new teaser is surprisingly cutesy, and the posters go for honey-sweet, too. I do wonder if viewers will have trouble connecting to an artificial romance, but one could argue most such stories are that already. The drama has released stills of its extended cast as well, , so while not really my thing, it is coming along rather nicely."

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-drama-news-artificial-infatuation-and-all-the-premieres-118755.html

Archived