[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

I’m kinda curious of how the aftermath of granny’s poisoning is going to be. I feel like the heart to heart talk between them is already done after ml’s outburst  after the arguments at the Sheng’s house.

Gty said he was surprised that the calm ml could be so scary, isnt that what he is supposed to say in the novel after watching ml rage after the poisoning? What will their talk going to be? :huh:

Why do I feel like they switch the personality of book and drama gty and ml?  Drama ml is more stoic while gty is more candid and witty. Great decision on gty’s part tho.. since they got rid of the things I cant stand about him :sweatingbullets: book ml had it worst after the marriage, I just want her to say I’m OUTTA here :joy:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

I’m kinda curious of how the aftermath of granny’s poisoning is going to be. I feel like the heart to heart talk between them is already done after ml’s outburst  after the arguments at the Sheng’s house.

Gty said he was surprised that the calm ml could be so scary, isnt that what he is supposed to say in the novel after watching ml rage after the poisoning? What will their talk going to be? :huh:

Why do I feel like they switch the personality of book and drama gty and ml?  Drama ml is more stoic while gty is more candid and witty. Great decision on gty’s part tho.. since they got rid of the things I cant stand about him :sweatingbullets: book ml had it worst after the marriage, I just want her to say I’m OUTTA here :joy:

In the novel there was also the bit about him confessing he wasn't completely open since he was able to act completely rational during the fire. So yeah, it depends on how they are going to deal with the fire accident.

I agree, the changes make them more relatable and adorable, But apart few things, I like the drama more. It might be because I skipped a lot and it was hard to read with translation

33 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

I've been re-reading some chapters and have to agree....ML was stressed out completely handling all his messy family affairs. 

It was only a few of GTY's lines from there. ML lines was not spoken.

In the book after the granny poisoning is handled...

Spoiler

He says he couldn't believe she would risk everything, without a single thought, blackmailing people, putting pressure, torturing them to get what she wants. It was then that ML told him why she's disappointed in him. She almost lost her life during child birth....manniang attacking her, stepmom burning the house down during her delivery....and though he came in time to save her, he did nothing avenge her. He just sent manniang away and started planning to take revenge in the near future. She was disappointed that even in such a situation, he was calm enough to think clearly. While she was so blinded by rage and vengeance when granny was poisoned that all she could think about was getting her hands on those people and destroying them.

8 minutes ago, fra8 said:

In the novel there was also the bit about him confessing he wasn't completely open since he was able to act completely rational during the fire. So yeah, it depends on how they are going to deal with the fire accident.

I agree, the changes make them more relatable and adorable, But apart few things, I like the drama more. It might be because I skipped a lot and it was hard to read with translation

Its hard because I look forward to the arc from the novel, but also like the changes from the drama. And I like the drama more too, although

Spoiler

I kinda miss witty book ml, her narration is hilarious, but I understand since there’s no time traveling, it would look out of place. As a replacement we got witty gty. All is well I guess

one of my fav bits from the book was when ml just finished fending of stepmom, gu family, his tongfangs, and in comes gty, so ml cursed him silently for bringing so much drama in her life. I wish I could see that in the drama :P

5 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

In what way do I view ML as an object owned by QH? I never said ML should’ve waited for QH to fix his family issues, passed the exam, and marry him? 

I never said ML should’ve asked permission to QH before marrying GTY or Dr. He. 

Im not talking about ML POV, I’m talking about the relationship between QH and GTY. Man to man. Brother to brother. 

Imagine if one of ML trusted maid betrayed her and becomes a concubine to GTY. That is the point I’m saying, that I understand QH POV to why he holds some resentment towards GTY. I also know GTY POV, but there’s no reason for me to highlight it since everyone agrees to GTY pov. I’m highlighting QH POV because I sympathize with him in Episode 51. 

Hmm. OK I will rephrase then.. I think I understand your points.. As a brother to brother, it seems as if GTY betrayed him.... Since that's Qh's pov but to me he is still just trying to blame someone for his inability.. So it has nothing to do with their relationship, he just was able to blame him since he is someone that can't be said to be a strange to him. That's all.. Everyone doesn't have it greatly like QH does if we want to be frank and that's why he is pompous and believes that what doesn't go well for him is because someone else sabotaged it.. Like really.. I admit he is hurt, but he shouldn't go pinning his anger on someone else.. 

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I see a few people sympathizes with QH there is nothing wrong with that but I find his opinion of being betrayed by GTY pathetic. I feel that if he truly understood or know GTY, know matter how mad he is . He would never believe the ranting of MN or rumors that are going around the town about him. QH has lead such a sheltered life that he could never smell conspiracy brewing in his own life/court. He is such a follower, he can never be a leader because he doesn’t know how to think outside the box.  TBH GTY was never really close to QH .  If he was close to him like Changbai is he would of have asked him what is going on instead of trying to ruin him without physical proof. We all watched the Prince tell the Emperor that once The Scholars saw the stab wound , they stop trying to bully GTY. QH  and his parents easily believe in rumors and are very bad at judging peole. They believe/trust people who are on high position. With the exception of QH, his parents do look down on people of the lower cast instead of judging someone on their character because of how they grew up. Like @gleek49 QH has never been there for him or seen his struggle and pain since they were young. CB is like a brother to him and respected  GTY . 

So spot on.. Like if we are truly saying it, QH knows deep down that GTY is not like MN is claiming but because of 9f his personal grudge, he took it as an opportunity to destroy GTY.. He is just a broken guy that's bent over personal revenge right now, who needs to be beaten back to reality 

3 hours ago, gleek49 said:

As I was saying, QH was affected because he himself is hurt, he's looking for someone to bear the blame for his misery. He can't be angry at the stranger like Dr.He, of course it's easier to blame someone he knows. They didn't grow up together, they know each other growing up, there's a difference. GTY was going to risk himself for ML's future happiness too, not just for QH. If it wasn't for ML, I doubt he would go to talk to QH the minute he heard about his engagement. 

QH doesn't have to ask for her hand right away, but he could at least let his intention known. No one was obligated to go and ask for his permission to propose to his ex girlfriend, years after he'd already married someone else. 

Yes QH doesn't care about anyone's feelings other than himself. He didn't care about ML's feelings when he ignore all of her warnings and rejections. He didn't care about her feelings when he decided ALL ON HIS OWN that he should marry her after his wife died. He didn't care about his parents' feelings when he pull the birthday stunt on his mother or starve himself. Did you see how he was treating his 2nd wife? He obviously didn't care about her feelings either. I would say that he didn't care for GTY's feelings, but you would just say that GTY doesn't deserve it, so don't bother. I mean honestly, have you seen him talking about anything other than his own feelings, his own issues?

And please don't say that QH had it "unfair", everyone in the world has some sort of hardship. QH was born rich, handsome and talented, with parents completely devoted to him. Right now his career is going along greatly, he can have a nice marriage too if he's willing to work on it. Life is not unfair to him, he's bleeping blessed. He's the only one doesn't appreciate it. I'm honestly so done with his whiny, entitled richard simmons throwing tantrums and blaming others when things doesn't get his way. So what if GTY wanted to put his own need first? He doesn't own QH anything, he has already tried to help QH the best way he knows how, he doesn't have to curate his life to please some random guy who's only his friend when he need him and nowhere to be seen when his life is hard. That's how I see it, GTY did nothing wrong to QH and QH needs to stop acting like a spoiled child.

Exactly, QH does not care about anyone's feelings, he only sees his feelings like the only thing that matters, like i said QH is just a dogmatic person and a zombie at feelings.. He absolutely loves someone but to him his feelings on what to do and what to gain matters most.. He needs to stop acting so pious when he is not in anyway pious.. He has a lot more than anyone will, so like ML said he should just cherish it and stop being a pain in the neck.. 

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I see a few people sympathizes with QH there is nothing wrong with that but I find his opinion of being betrayed by GTY pathetic. I feel that if he truly understood or know GTY, know matter how mad he is . He would never believe the ranting of MN or rumors that are going around the town about him. QH has lead such a sheltered life that he could never smell conspiracy brewing in his own life/court. He is such a follower, he can never be a leader because he doesn’t know how to think outside the box.  TBH GTY was never really close to QH .  If he was close to him like Changbai is he would of have asked him what is going on instead of trying to ruin him without physical proof. We all watched the Prince tell the Emperor that once The Scholars saw the stab wound , they stop trying to bully GTY. QH  and his parents easily believe in rumors and are very bad at judging peole. They believe/trust people who are on high position. With the exception of QH, his parents do look down on people of the lower cast instead of judging someone on their character because of how they grew up. Like @gleek49 QH has never been there for him or seen his struggle and pain since they were young. CB is like a brother to him and respected  GTY . 

So spot on.. QH is just being in denial now that he is doing all this for personal reasons and that he is trying to 'save' ML when he hasn't even saved himself.. So it's OK to sympathize with him, which I don't feel, but trying to say his Pov that GTY should have told him about ML considering their relationship is right to me, is not right at all.. Even if my blood brother was in love with someone, and he left her positively, not negatively like QH did, I will never tell him that I love your ex girlfriend, so can I date her.. I will date her and if we eventually marry, I will just tell my brother, it has nothing to did with you and you are not entitled to her anymore, so I definitely owe you no explanation.. A wise man will know that I'm saying the bitter truth.. So QH should act the pious side he thinks he is, and stop disturbing the society. 

4 minutes ago, dito said:

I've been re-reading some chapters and have to agree....ML was stressed out completely handling all his messy family affairs. 

It was only a few of GTY's lines from there. ML lines was not spoken.

In the book after the granny poisoning is handled...

Hide contents

He says he couldn't believe she would risk everything, without a single thought, blackmailing people, putting pressure, torturing them to get what she wants. It was then that ML told him why she's disappointed in him. She almost lost her life during child birth....manniang attacking her, stepmom burning the house down during her delivery....and though he came in time to save her, he did nothing avenge her. He just sent manniang away and started planning to take revenge in the near future. She was disappointed that even in such a situation, he was calm enough to think clearly. While she was so blinded by rage and vengeance when granny was poisoned that all she could think about was getting her hands on those people and destroying them.

Spoiler

Yes, which will be out of character for drama gty to NOT murder manniang. So far ml has been his consciousness from being reckless, cant wait how the drama incorporates the poisoning arc and the *maybe* new arc of gty fall from grace

1 hour ago, hello210 said:

Yes, they are both selfish in their own ways. I can sympathize with QH to a point. Yes, his feelings were hurt. However, QH and GTY are really the distant relative you see once in a while. They did not grow up together because GTY has always been in and out of the Gu household. And judging from some of the little snippets of conversation between QH’s parents, they would have avoided any relationship with GTY, if they could.  Also, in small circles like that, marrying someone who someone you know liked years ago, is common, especially in those days where most marriages were arranged. Only difference is QH can’t seem to fully move on and he would be the same if ML was married to Dr. He except there would be no way for QH to act out on his frustrations since Dr He is not a prestigious person with personal faults except the cousin concubine thing. 

My issue with QH is that he is letting it all cloud his judgement and abilities. He’s supposed to be smart but did not investigate things thoroughly with the rumors. His credibility for me as a professional who was only doing his job went out the window at that point. 

I get it, for him ML was the love of his life, however, if everyone obsessed over a lost childhood sweetheart, the world would be in chaos. For me, this is where the writers went wrong. They failed to establish the foundation for depth of QH’s love for ML which is why I have a hard time believing that it is love. From how their relationship was before to how his behavior is now, it’s seems more of an obsession. 

It's an obsession, the writer from the start didn't paint their love as an healthy thoughts at all, ML had a sort of infatuation for him as she is also like other girls that sees him as an ideal and she was glad that this man of the city was fighting for her, while QH amazed by her temperament had an obsession over her and want their to be called his by the whole world thinking he is the righteous of the all.. So I think from the start, the writer never painted it as a sincere love but as an obsessed love being pretentiously seen as pure 

1 hour ago, nichiwoohee said:

The couples habits are rubbing off each other slowly. I bursted out laughing when ML threw that chopsticks. She should’ve thrown the plate for better sound effect. :joy:

I wish they added that narration of ML thoughts. That would give us a better insight on her cleaverness...And that would give the drama some comedy. But I guess they don’t want it to be like a comedy drama.

34 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Its hard because I look forward to the arc from the novel, but also like the changes from the drama. And I like the drama more too, although

Hide contents

I kinda miss witty book ml, her narration is hilarious, but I understand since there’s no time traveling, it would look out of place. As a replacement we got witty gty. All is well I guess

one of my fav bits from the book was when ml just finished fending of stepmom, gu family, his tongfangs, and in comes gty, so ml cursed him silently for bringing so much drama in her life. I wish I could see that in the drama :P

2 hours ago, leeza77 said:

I have a withdrawal syndrome tonight.. Need a dose of TSOM.. :bawling:

Reveal hidden contents

Hunan tv is broadcasting spring festival tonight.. 

Is it just today or will they not be showing it because of Chinese New Year?

Let's not talk about whether QH and GTY were close before. Let'a assume they were just casual friends. Fact that GTY snatched the girl that QH loves. Let's not discussing who's at fault here since they are both flawed characters and they have reasons to defend their actions, it's just difference in characteristics and world view. But if I were a guy and some other guy married the girl I love then I deemed to resent him. There's no right and wrong here. It's about feelings. GTY and QH were rivals in love so no matter whether GTY is a good husband or not, QH would still hate him. It's a natural thing. QH hates GTY now and GTY is not the nicest guy in the capital. He has bad reputation, many weaknesses that he doesn't even try to cover at all (Gu family matters and MN). Also the way he acts doesn't seem to prove his innocence at all (trying to bargain with the family in court for his relatives, letting MN loose spreading rumors everywhere) and what a coincidence, QH works for the disciplinary department and his job is to report misdemeanors. GTY basically left his weaknesses open for people to strike on. If GTY was clean then there's nothing to worry about, but he's not so he is bound to receive attack from outsiders. In this situation, if QH was an easygoing guy or were close with GTY, he may just turn a blind eye, but he is not on GTY's side now so why does he has to let GTY go? Why would QH want to make life easier for GTY? GTY fk married the girl QH loves. They can never get along again. And when people don't get along in the government, they will try to make it hard for their opponents.

About ML, I think what QH has for her now is not just love anymore. It's love mixed with a bit of regret, anger and resentment. QH is not blaming ML, it's the pain that changed him. He is trying to get her attention, be a part of her life for better of for worse. He's not aiming to achieve any goal in doing this, not trying to separate ML and GTY, nor trying to win her back. Psychologically, he's going through 5 stages of grieving: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I think he's somewhere between anger and bargaining right now, when he get to acceptance then he'll be fine.

This is a little bit irrelevant but I so fk love seeing QH cry. There's something about him that makes me want to see him in pain. He's so much more beautiful when he's miserable. I actually like QH more now than before when he was still naive and nice. He's exactly the type of character that I love to watch and he is going down the path I prefer. The kind and gentle QH is great though but it was a bit monotonous. The QH right now is more interesting. I always wanting to see a guy who originally was as bright and warm as the sun then got struck by the cruelty of reality, see him suffer and devastated, drowned in pain and tainted with darkness. I want to see devil grow in his heart, on his anger and resentment, he does things that betray his code of honor, but he still manages to hold his ground. I want to see him struggle, fall apart, remorse and get back up again. GTY's battle is a battle against the world, while QH's battle is a battle against himself, and QH intrigues me more than GTY as a character.

15 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

Let's not talk about whether QH and GTY were close before. Let'a assume they were just casual friends. Fact that GTY snatched the girl that QH loves. Let's not discussing who's at fault here since they are both flawed characters and they have reasons to defend their actions, it's just difference in characteristics and world view. But if I were a guy and some other guy married the girl I love then I deemed to resent him. There's no right and wrong here. It's about feelings. GTY and QH were rivals in love so no matter whether GTY is a good husband or not, QH would still hate him. It's a natural thing. QH hates GTY now and GTY is not the nicest guy in the capital. He has bad reputation, many weaknesses that he doesn't even try to cover at all (Gu family matters and MN). Also the way he acts doesn't seem to prove his innocence at all (trying to bargain with the family in court for his relatives, letting MN loose spreading rumors everywhere) and what a coincidence, QH works for the disciplinary department and his job is to report misdemeanors. GTY basically left his weaknesses open for people to strike on. If GTY was clean then there's nothing to worry about, but he's not so he is bound to receive attack from outsiders. In this situation, if QH was an easygoing guy or were close with GTY, he may just turn a blind eye, but he is not on GTY's side now so why does he has to let GTY go? Why would QH want to make life easier for GTY? GTY fk married the girl QH loves. They can never get along again. And when people don't get along in the government, they will try to make it hard for their opponents.

About ML, I think what QH has for her now is not just love anymore. It's love mixed with a bit of regret, anger and resentment. QH is not blaming ML, it's the pain that changed him. He is trying to get her attention, be a part of her life for better of for worse. He's not aiming to achieve any goal in doing this, not trying to separate ML and GTY, nor trying to win her back. Psychologically, he's going through 5 stages of grieving: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I think he's somewhere between anger and bargaining right now, when he get to acceptance then he'll be fine.

This is a little bit irrelevant but I so fk love seeing QH cry. There's something about him that makes me want to see him in pain. He's so much more beautiful when he's miserable. I actually like QH more now than before when he was still naive and nice. He's exactly the type of character that I love to watch and he is going down the path I prefer. The kind and gentle QH is great though but it was a bit monotonous. The QH right now is more interesting. I always wanting to see a guy who originally was as bright and warm as the sun then got struck by the cruelty of reality, see him suffer and devastated, drowned in pain and tainted with darkness. I want to see devil grow in his heart, on his anger and resentment, he does things that betray his code of honor, but he still manages to hold his ground. I want to see him struggle, fall apart, remorse and get back up again. GTY's battle is a battle against the world, while QH's battle is a battle against himself, and QH intrigues me more than GTY as a character.

I think someone is finally viewing this generally, I would say I was just supporting one and discarding the other, so I punish myself to a drink hahahhajah.. But truly, I can understand QH being angry at GTY. And truly GTY left his weakness open and people just use it to back stab him.. And I think this is one of the things ML is trying to avoid while not opening up, they are rival and will always be.. No saying otherwise to that truly.. 

And I also agree that QH is just trying to gain ML attention by trying to protect her and accept his state for being the live that will always be beside her, but he is being so delusional with this though, because he was never protecting her at all.. So let's just conclude him to be in the stage of denial, which is making him delusional now

And omg.. Wow this part made me laugh, I think he should just keep crying and one day his hear and brain and body will register his position now for him.. Hahahahhaha.. :joy:. QH, cry cry cry, you're beautiful when you're in pain

25 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

The couples habits are rubbing off each other slowly. I bursted out laughing when ML threw that chopsticks. She should’ve thrown the plate for better sound effect. :joy:

I wish they added that narration of ML thoughts. That would give us a better insight on her cleaverness...And that would give the drama some comedy. But I guess they don’t want it to be like a comedy drama.

Yeah, it would be golden when everytime molan and cl do their usual play, ml would stare into the camera- the office style :joy:

I was clapping so hard when ml throw the chopstick, when will we ever get her to be that ferocious against the stepmom. I want ml to stomp her 

33 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

I remember that in the scene where the emperor was yelling at GTY, Prince Huan told him that many officials criticized GTY because of the MN's matter, too, but as soon as GTY showed them his wound resulted from MN's attack, all of them just stopped. That's why no one brought it up during court, only QH did it, why is that? At least the other officials went to ask GTY first, QH didn't, he was just trying to find fault and grabbed it first chance he could, didn't even bother to investigate at all.

Why would QH want to make life easier for GTY, you ask? Cause he's the one who claimed over and over again that he "only wished for ML's happiness", so attacking her husband is his way of making her happy? Hypocrisy at his finest. I don't need him to help them or whatever, just leave them alone ffs, why is that so hard for him to just let go and live his own life? Honestly, the guys can be political rivals and fight each other to death all they want, if the fight is purely about politics. But as QH, while crying prettily <_<, unconvincingly convinced himself that it's not personal, I'm just not convinced in the slightest. I can't help but finding his motives and actions petty and pathetic. I, for one, do not find him compelling or interesting at all, I'm just so tired of seeing his face on my screen, I guess I'm probably the only one who is indifferent towards ZYL and his performance :sweatingbullets:

13 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

I think someone is finally viewing this generally, I would say I was just supporting one and discarding the other, so I punish myself to a drink hahahhajah.. But truly, I can understand QH being angry at GTY. And truly GTY left his weakness open and people just use it to back stab him.. And I think this is one of the things ML is trying to avoid while not opening up, they are rival and will always be.. No saying otherwise to that truly.. 

And I also agree that QH is just trying to gain ML attention by trying to protect her and accept his state for being the live that will always be beside her, but he is being so delusional with this though, because he was never protecting her at all.. So let's just conclude him to be in the stage of denial, which is making him delusional now

And omg.. Wow this part made me laugh, I think he should just keep crying and one day his hear and brain and body will register his position now for him.. Hahahahhaha.. :joy:. QH, cry cry cry, you're beautiful when you're in pain

Yeah and one thing I don't like in GTY is that he keeps telling QH he was genuine in helping him before, and blaming him for not accepting his proposal to kidnap the princess. Like hell anyone in the right mind would accept to that. I feel that if GTY was not genuine in helping QH, it's still okay since he also had eyes on ML and he had every right to fight for love, underhandedly or not. However, although he easily resorts to scheming, he keeps playing the innocent game against QH and repeats this to QH every time they confront. It's like telling QH "Hey we both know I cheated but you have no proof and I won so I will use this to mock at you often".

GTY knows his methods were not honorable, he knows ML wasn't in love with him when she decided to marry him. ML's actions after getting married make him more insecure. It's like QH is releasing his anger on GTY while in fact it was QH's fault for being too late, GTY is also releasing his anger on QH believing it would cover his insecurity.

27 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

I remember that in the scene where the emperor was yelling at GTY, Prince Huan told him that many officials criticized GTY because of the MN's matter, too, but as soon as GTY showed them his wound resulted from MN's attack, all of them just stopped. That's why no one brought it up during court, only QH did it, why is that? At least the other officials went to ask GTY first, QH didn't, he was just trying to find fault and grabbed it first chance he could, didn't even bother to investigate at all.

Why would QH want to make life easier for GTY, you ask? Cause he's the one who claimed over and over again that he "only wished for ML's happiness", so attacking her husband is his way of making her happy? Hypocrisy at his finest. I don't need him to help them or whatever, just leave them alone ffs, why is that so hard for him to just let go and live his own life? Honestly, the guys can be political rivals and fight each other to death all they want, if the fight is purely about politics. But as QH, while crying prettily <_<, unconvincingly convinced himself that it's not personal, I'm just not convinced in the slightest. I can't help but finding his motives and actions petty and pathetic. I, for one, do not find him compelling or interesting at all, I'm just so tired of seeing his face on my screen, I guess I'm probably the only one who is indifferent towards ZYL and his performance :sweatingbullets:

You're not the only one. I'm with you. Whenever i read your posts, i pretty much agree with all you say because u wrote what i couldn't and you spoke my mind.

1 hour ago, linhlinh111 said:

Word word McWORD! Neither of them was right or wrong! I love it that both are such human characters with their faults and their good sides.

I absolutely adored the confrontation scene in ep 51 between GYT and QH! Both of them layed out some truth bombs the other needed to hear.

QH needed to hear that he was coming close to abusing his power because of a personal grudge. He also needed to hear that this was also what had made him blind to the fact that no other official made the complaint since they asked the other party too. His personal grudge had made him blind to the fact that he could be manipulated in to abusing his power and making blind accusations. By the end of the scene I got the impression he was slowly coming to grips with the fact he indeed accused GYT because of a personal grudge.

I adore GYT and ML as a couple, but GYT was sooo in denial about the fact that when he went after ML he betrayed a friend/family member for it.

GYT on the other hand needed to face the fact that he indeed had abused QH trust and petrayed the friendship when he schemed to marry ML. He knew perfectly well why QH had to abandon ML and he was also QH closest confidant about the whole situation. GYT knew very well that QH was forced to marry the crazy princess and  how he still loved ML. So  GYT snatching ML with a scheme and QH never trusting him again should really not come as a surprise to him. Or how that betrayal of trust can have consequences.

QH asking whether the emperor knows of the GYT situation or wheter the emperor trusts GYT version of the situation, and where it might bring him, like it brougth QH when he trusted GYT was something GYT needed to hear.

I think GYT has come very close to abusing the emperors trust in him and he needed that verbal slap from QH as a reminder, that GYT is indeed capable of it and he should not be surprised when the people whose trust he has betrayed can have consequences in the future! I think this verbal slap/reminder might force GYT face his own character flaw and hopefully he will be more respectful of the Emperor in the future.

I adored that scene! Both of them were fabulous in it! I love it when main characters are three dimensional and have flaws!

12 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

Yeah and one thing I don't like in GTY is that he keeps telling QH he was genuine in helping him before, and blaming him for not accepting his proposal to kidnap the princess. Like hell anyone in the right mind would accept to that. I feel that if GTY was not genuine in helping QH, it's still okay since he also had eyes on ML and he had every right to fight for love, underhandedly or not. However, although he easily resorts to scheming, he keeps playing the innocent game against QH and repeats this to QH every time they confront. It's like telling QH "Hey we both know I cheated but you have no proof and I won so I will use this to mock at you often".

You've been writing "one thing I don't like in GTY" several times now, so I guess it's not really just one thing, isn't it? IMO, GTY did genuinely wanted to help them. There no reason for him to lie about that. What if QH agree? You're implying that if QH agreed, then GTY would just bail right at that moment? Because he didn't mean it??  Even if the kidnapping thing was risky, they could always come up with another plan, or plan the kidnapping plot carefully, both of them were smart enough. Point is GTY WILL HELP HIM! Why are you implying that GTY is a buffoon who just lie on the spot for no reason like that? What makes you think that he was not genuine? Why are you keep painting GTY as this bad guy who's out hurt the innocent precious QH? He didn't tell QH all of those thing to rub it in his face? He was just try to point out to QH what he thought QH did wrong? Why do you keep insisting that GTY has malicious intentions towards the innocent precious QH?

1 hour ago, fra8 said:

I like the changes too....at least most of them.The changes in characters is what I'm divided on. Some I approve...like GTY is a better man in the drama than in the book. He's a good father in the drama....in the book he completely ignored his daughter. He shares his thoughts with ML in the drama..... in the book you never knew what he was thinking until he said it.

QH is the one I'm not happy about and the other is SH....in the drama he's total crap...in the book he was still a little better. His love for Molan and CL evaporated after the Liang affair came out. He did ask about Molan a few times after her marriage but was shut down by granny. 

I'm afraid I skipped a lot of the book too. Google translation is not easy to comprehend if the novel has hard language....and also the author was rambling on about secondary characters when all I wanted to read about is the leads.

1 hour ago, nichiwoohee said:

Hide contents

Yes book ML was a riot with her mind commentary whenever the fakers were doing their drama. Her modern references to dramas and movies were hilarious.

56 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Hide contents

Yes, which will be out of character for drama gty to NOT murder manniang. So far ml has been his consciousness from being reckless, cant wait how the drama incorporates the poisoning arc and the *maybe* new arc of gty fall from grace

Exactly. GTY's character in the drama is such a loose canon that not going for manniang would be completely unlike him. ML is keeping him reined in....if someone threatens ML life and that of his child....then God help them. 

I'm eager to see in what sequence they put both these events. Poisoning track needs GTY's army...or atleast some of the soldiers. Won't he loose them with his position if he falls...

The confrontation scene between QH and ML was terrific. I was clapping hands like crazy when ML stomped out in anger but ran back to shake QH out of his dellusion. think her words summed up pretty much everything people have been discussing here. Rough translation: 

ML: You are the baby of Qi family but I'm just a lone soul. Luckily, he (my husband) is a considerate guy. Have you ever thought of what could have happened to me if he were a petty and vicious guy? My life could have been ruined because of your action.

QH: But...but I just did what was good for you.

ML: Then it has to be considered as good by me first! Good by your book doesn't count!

(Later, ML to XT: The little Duke is such a big cry baby. He just does whatever he feels like.)

I have never had a bit of sympathy towards QH, way before QTY proved himself a worthy contender for ML's husband because I'm a supporter of ML from the start. QH's actions, intentionally or not, have always caused harm to ML, from gifting her precious stationary to publicly expressing his affection to ML and making unrealistic promises. And I agree with the comment above that people of this kind are even worse than the villains, because we can't hate them but they're not exactly innocent either. Such an annoying character. 

Honestly I was a little disappointed with ML and GTY's fighting scene. I was hoping for it since the beginning and I expected it to be more serious and heart broken. In the book it happened when they were alone in the room when ML was looking out of the window and cried. It was very intense while ML poured her heart out for the first time. Instead in the drama it happened while they were walking in open space with a trail of maids behind them, which made the atmosphere more relaxing. And especially the way ZLY walked and talked (adorable like a baby girl compared to FSF) made the fight way less serious. I wonder if it's done intentionally to ease thing out but I prefer the book version.

Archived