Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

he keeps playing the innocent game against QH and repeats this to QH every time they confront. It's like telling QH "Hey we both know I cheated but you have no proof and I won so I will use this to mock at you often".

 

GTY only cheated and manipulated against Dr HE. QH wasn't  even a contender anymore in GTY's mind that he had to cheat or manipulate.

 

GTY wanted QH to go and be rejected by Grandma and be done with it since  QH had zero chance of ML accepting his proposal again.

 

GTY might not be innocent against other suitors but against QH, he is. Why shouldn't he defend himself? 

  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QH should realize the entire blame for bringing ML and GTY together lies on his own head. Who told him to pray for a good husband for ML at the Youqing Monastery? Thats why they say.... be c

adorable couple ============  

Aunti Kang short biography:   Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with th

17 minutes ago, annakas said:

I think GYT has come very close to abusing the emperors trust in him and he needed that verbal slap from QH as a reminder, that GYT is indeed capable of it and he should not be surprised when the people whose trust he has betrayed can have consequences in the future! I think this verbal slap/reminder might force GYT face his own character flaw and hopefully he will be more respectful of the Emperor in the future

I sometimes miss key points in Cdrama @annakas  When did GTY come close to abusing the Emperor’s trust??? Can I have the episode to rewatch. I don’t remember that happening. :tears::tears:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

Honestly I was a little disappointed with ML and GTY's fighting scene. I was hoping for it since the beginning and I expected it to be more serious and heart broken. In the book it happened when they were alone in the room when ML was looking out of the window and cried. It was very intense while ML poured her heart out for the first time. Instead in the drama it happened while they were walking in open space with a trail of maids behind them, which made the atmosphere more relaxing. And especially the way ZLY walked and talked (adorable like a baby girl compared to FSF) made the fight way less serious. I wonder if it's done intentionally to ease thing out but I prefer the book version.

Me too. I expected more angst. Probably as you said it was intentional but maybe because they will have other confrontations. I don’t know if they solved everything. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

I, for one, do not find him compelling or interesting at all, I'm just so tired of seeing his face on my screen, I guess I'm probably the only one who is indifferent towards ZYL and his performance :sweatingbullets:

 

I don't mind his face but his character is seriously pissing me off. You know, I've read people praising both ZLY and ZYL here....but I have to admit for me FSF's performance is no less than other two. I usually replay his scenes more than others. His expressions and his gestures are sometimes very subtle, very different...very natural than what I'd expect an actor to do.....then I remembered the director saying he let the actors to improvise and adlib. I have yet to see a scene like that with ZYL. He's too restrained in his gestures....maybe its just his character. GTY is such a flamboyant character that he just takes over the screen.

 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I sometimes miss key points in Cdrama @annakas  When did GTY come close to abusing the Emperor’s trust??? Can I have the episode to rewatch. I don’t remember that happening. :tears::tears:

 

I think the way GYT has manipulated the Emperor and put him several times in a very akward losing face kind of situations. That behaviour has come close to abusing the Emperors trust in him.

 

We know GYT is a loyal subject, but he is not a respectful subject since he views the Emperor as someone he could manipulate easily and take his favouritism as granted. He is getting cocky with it and that could get dangerous.

 

The only reason why he has gotten away with such disrispectful behaviour is because he is the Emperors most favoured subject and so far he has found decentish explanations, when the Emperor has called him to task.

 

There is only so many times GYT can get away with this kind of behaviour before it actually gets too disrespectful and the Emperor would start to think his favoritism is taken for granted and abused.

 

No one wants to feel like they are a chess piece for someone to be manipulated as. And it is really dangerous if the Emperor himself starts to feel as a tool for GYT to use.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gleek49 said:

 

I remember that in the scene where the emperor was yelling at GTY, Prince Huan told him that many officials criticized GTY because of the MN's matter, too, but as soon as GTY showed them his wound resulted from MN's attack, all of them just stopped. That's why no one brought it up during court, only QH did it, why is that? At least the other officials went to ask GTY first, QH didn't, he was just trying to find fault and grabbed it first chance he could, didn't even bother to investigate at all.

 

Why would QH want to make life easier for GTY, you ask? Cause he's the one who claimed over and over again that he "only wished for ML's happiness", so attacking her husband is his way of making her happy? Hypocrisy at his finest. I don't need him to help them or whatever, just leave them alone ffs, why is that so hard for him to just let go and live his own life? Honestly, the guys can be political rivals and fight each other to death all they want, if the fight is purely about politics. But as QH, while crying prettily <_<, unconvincingly convinced himself that it's not personal, I'm just not convinced in the slightest. I can't help but finding his motives and actions petty and pathetic. I, for one, do not find him compelling or interesting at all, I'm just so tired of seeing his face on my screen, I guess I'm probably the only one who is indifferent towards ZYL and his performance :sweatingbullets:

Looks like someone is finally saying this, I just don't feel any kind of pity, or pain for QH at all.. No matter what, he should just move on :angry:

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, purplefall94 said:

The confrontation scene between QH and ML was terrific. I was clapping hands like crazy when ML stomped out in anger but ran back to shake QH out of his dellusion. think her words summed up pretty much everything people have been discussing here. Rough translation: 

 

ML: You are the baby of Qi family but I'm just a lone soul. Luckily, he (my husband) is a considerate guy. Have you ever thought of what could have happened to me if he were a petty and vicious guy? My life could have been ruined because of your action.

QH: But...but I just did what was good for you.

ML: Then it has to be considered as good by me first! Good by your book doesn't count!

 

(Later, ML to XT: The little Duke is such a big cry baby. He just does whatever he feels like.)

 

I have never had a bit of sympathy towards QH, way before QTY proved himself a worthy contender for ML's husband because I'm a supporter of ML from the start. QH's actions, intentionally or not, have always caused harm to ML, from gifting her precious stationary to publicly expressing his affection to ML and making unrealistic promises. And I agree with the comment above that people of this kind are even worse than the villains, because we can't hate them but they're not exactly innocent either. Such an annoying character. 

 

Thanks for translating this. I wanted QH to hear exactly this from ML....and that she's doing well in her life with GTY. 

So he can move on already.

 

9 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

Honestly I was a little disappointed with ML and GTY's fighting scene. I was hoping for it since the beginning and I expected it to be more serious and heart broken. In the book it happened when they were alone in the room when ML was looking out of the window and cried. It was very intense while ML poured her heart out for the first time. Instead in the drama it happened while they were walking in open space with a trail of maids behind them, which made the atmosphere more relaxing. And especially the way ZLY walked and talked (adorable like a baby girl compared to FSF) made the fight way less serious. I wonder if it's done intentionally to ease thing out but I prefer the book version.

 

It was funny.... no idea why they made light of the scene......but I think it did loose its impact though. The scene in the book left a deep impression on GTY. It was after listening to ML and seeing her cry that he stopped his cold war and decided to accept whatever she's willing to give rather than demand more than she can give him.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dito said:

 

I don't mind his face but his character is seriously pissing me off. You know, I've read people praising both ZLY and ZYL here....but I have to admit for me FSF's performance is no less than other two. I usually replay his scenes more than others. His expressions and his gestures are sometimes very subtle, very different...very natural than what I'd expect an actor to do.....then I remembered the director saying he let the actors to improvise and adlib. I have yet to see a scene like that with ZYL. He's too restrained in his gestures....maybe its just his character. GTY is such a flamboyant character that he just takes over the screen.

 

As in, ZYL is a great actor, but for me the person that owns this film and has surprised a lot is FSF like people are just seeing QH as ZYL and are supporting the second lead but for me QH is a character that's meant to be criticised, so they should start seeing that his facade of playing the weak, hurt and innocent is just so stupid, and outrightly wrong no matter the reason, at least GTY owns up to his deeds, and we all know he isn't anyway a pure character and he accepts it, so why should we pity QH that is being delusional to his reality.. If people blames GTY for betraying QH which doesn't even makes sense, and are criticizing him, then QH should be criticised too for trying to destroy him just for a stupid and baseless personal grudge.. It's very simple. We are just supporting someone who is hurt and trying to be weak to gain attention, and trying to ignore the feelings of someone who is more hurt but is trying to be strong and live his live well.. Like how ML said that if someone acts weak, we should just do whatever they want for them and not care for the others that's not weak, during the Dr. He and his cousin issue... So I think that's what we are doing for QH now, because he feels hurt, so he can go destroying other's life and as long as he gets cured, all his mistakes should be forgiven.. Am I the only one that finds this so unfair to GTY too, because his own efforts and hard work and strength and dedication are not being admired at all

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

 

You've been writing "one thing I don't like in GTY" several times now, so I guess it's not really just one thing, isn't it? IMO, GTY did genuinely wanted to help them. There no reason for him to lie about that. What if QH agree? You're implying that if QH agreed, then GTY would just bail right at that moment? Because he didn't mean it??  Even if the kidnapping thing was risky, they could always come up with another plan, or plan the kidnapping plot carefully, both of them were smart enough. Point is GTY WILL HELP HIM! Why are you implying that GTY is a buffoon who just lie on the spot for no reason like that? What makes you think that he was not genuine? Why are you keep painting GTY as this bad guy who's out hurt the innocent precious QH? He didn't tell QH all of those thing to rub it in his face? He was just try to point out to QH what he thought QH did wrong? Why do you keep insisting that GTY has malicious intentions towards the innocent precious QH?

If he did mean to come up with another plan then he should have just said so. He laid out an impossible plan that would bring danger to everyone including QH's family and ML, and then blaming QH for not taking it. I don't think he didn't know that there was no way QH could have taken it. He was not testing QH. He was just pushing QH more towards the hard truth of his situation in order for QH to give up. He wanted to prove that he was trying to help while he wasn't. 

 

The fact that QH and ML was not in a relationship after he got married, and it was QH's fault for being late in proposing to ML after the first wife's death, and if GTY wants to blame QH he can just use that. However QH was not to blame for refusing GTY's plan, but he keeps bring it up. Maybe it'd bc QH was in a position similar to GTY's father when he decided to marry his mother, that's why GTY was angry at QH for his choice, bc he still resents his father for that. GTY's late brother used to ask GTY if he would divorce ML to save his family, GTY avoided that question indicates he was not affirmed himself. He was angry cuz he was not sure if he could make a difference if he was in QH's shoes. Whatever reason it is, he shouldn't bring that up bc through all the way it was the one time that QH made the right decision and not screwed things up.

 

It's not GTY's fault that QH lost ML, QH has to see through that. However, GTY did go behind QH's back and GTY also has to see through that. He was not wrong for fighting for the woman he wants but then he shouldn't expect QH to be okay with him. If he was just some random guy then it would be different, QH wouldn't be that angry if ML married Dr. He. GTY was pretending to be on QH's side then BOOM stabbed him in the back. If it's not betrayal I don't know what it is.

 

QH was indeed at fault with ML, but he doesn't owe GTY anything. True QH was petty using his position to turn against GTY, but he didn't do anything out of his jurisdiction. GTY let his weaknesses exposed then don't blame QH for using it. After all they're rivals now.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purplefall94 said:

The confrontation scene between QH and ML was terrific. I was clapping hands like crazy when ML stomped out in anger but ran back to shake QH out of his dellusion. think her words summed up pretty much everything people have been discussing here. Rough translation: 

 

ML: You are the baby of Qi family but I'm just a lone soul. Luckily, he (my husband) is a considerate guy. Have you ever thought of what could have happened to me if he were a petty and vicious guy? My life could have been ruined because of your action.

QH: But...but I just did what was good for you.

ML: Then it has to be considered as good by me first! Good by your book doesn't count!

 

(Later, ML to XT: The little Duke is such a big cry baby. He just does whatever he feels like.)

 

I have never had a bit of sympathy towards QH, way before QTY proved himself a worthy contender for ML's husband because I'm a supporter of ML from the start. QH's actions, intentionally or not, have always caused harm to ML, from gifting her precious stationary to publicly expressing his affection to ML and making unrealistic promises. And I agree with the comment above that people of this kind are even worse than the villains, because we can't hate them but they're not exactly innocent either. Such an annoying character. 

Finally ML says it herself, QH just does whatever he feels like without caring much for what other's might think, and like I said, this kind of character are way worse than villains, we can't hate them but if left alone, they will cause more problems, and I like how ML went to talk some senses into him, just live her life alone and let her deal with the problems in her home herself.. Don't go playing the knight while no one needed a knight.. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linhlinh111 said:

 

GTY has never acted innocent to QH, he just doesn't tell him anything.. He told maybe ML or him though or someone else that the reason he wanted to help him with the princess case was because of ML and that's it, he just wanted her to be happy even if that means him supporting QH, so I don't think he plays innocent to QH.. Him telling QH that he tried to help him is to let him snap out of his sleeping brain that, it's not because of him that he lost ML and definitely not because of QH that GTY loves ML, ML wasn't even in anyway related to him again when GTY decided to finally propose to her.. If someone deserves to be angry, truthfully, it's Dr He but he knows he doesn't even have the right to make ML happy so why be angry when someone is trying to make her happy.. The one flaw that I think GTY has to learn not to be, if he actually isn't aware of it himself, is the way he tries to make the emperor follow his every decisions.. But this he does not mean it the bad way, the king is not really a brutal decision maker but he needs to be brutal as such since GTY has the image of being a rogue why not use it for the good by making the king get some beneficial but imposing ideas, it's for the state, however it's a bad habit too. So I hope his fall will make he more humble towards the king alone.. No one else but to his boss deserves his humility.. Hahhahahhahh. I'm such an harsh person.. Forgive my bluntness 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, linhlinh111 said:

 

It's not GTY's fault that QH lost ML, QH has to see through that. However, GTY did go behind QH's back and GTY also has to see through that. He was not wrong for fighting for the woman he wants but then he shouldn't expect QH to be okay with him. If he was just some random guy then it would be different, QH wouldn't be that angry if ML married Dr. He. GTY was pretending to be on QH's side then BOOM stabbed him in the back. If it's not betrayal I don't know what it is.

 

QH was indeed at fault with ML, but he doesn't owe GTY anything. True QH was petty using his position to turn against GTY, but he didn't do anything out of his jurisdiction. GTY let his weaknesses exposed then don't blame QH for using it. After all they're rivals now.

But like how did GTY go behind Qh's back to get ML, like QH was married at that time, and was in mourning so basically he doesn't even have any kind of relationship with ML again... So I really do not know how he went behind qh's back.. Did he sleep with ML when ML and QH were supposedly together ore did he even try to ask for MLan's hand while they were together... We all know that if QH wanted to do something, it will be a dangerous plan either way since they are dealing with the imperial family.. And it's not as if  GTY made the plan for QH, he made it for ML but since QH is the man she wants, he decided to help her through QH.. And from what I see GTY doesn't care about if QH understands or not, as long as he doesn't try to cause problem, he is just that for GTY, so he is not trying to make him not hate him, he is only telling him to stop using official excuse for his personal actions.. So it's like 'hate me or kill me if you dare to but don't come saying it's for the state or for the king'.. Just own up to your actions.. And I think if QH actually does his grudge without the official facade thingy, I will probably appreciate the character

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gleek49 said:

 

You've been writing "one thing I don't like in GTY" several times now, so I guess it's not really just one thing, isn't it? IMO, GTY did genuinely wanted to help them. There no reason for him to lie about that. What if QH agree? You're implying that if QH agreed, then GTY would just bail right at that moment? Because he didn't mean it??  Even if the kidnapping thing was risky, they could always come up with another plan, or plan the kidnapping plot carefully, both of them were smart enough. Point is GTY WILL HELP HIM! Why are you implying that GTY is a buffoon who just lie on the spot for no reason like that? What makes you think that he was not genuine? Why are you keep painting GTY as this bad guy who's out hurt the innocent precious QH? He didn't tell QH all of those thing to rub it in his face? He was just try to point out to QH what he thought QH did wrong? Why do you keep insisting that GTY has malicious intentions towards the innocent precious QH?

It's honestly so irrating, like just say you're bias towards GTY and move on. lol the same person, just keeps saying the same thing and its like okay we get it, GTY is the big bad wolf to you, ok alright, what's new. jeez. 

  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MarJo_Lei said:

:wub:

tumblr_plrki0J1GZ1qcioylo1_540.giftumblr_plrki0J1GZ1qcioylo2_540.giftumblr_plrki0J1GZ1qcioylo4_540.gif

=====

#ZhaoLiying's Sheng Minglan and #FengShaofeng's Gu Tingye have joined the wax figure collection at Madame Tussauds Shanghai!

DyFXfFoUwAE3lRv.jpg

  Hide contents

DyFXfFrU8AAJvcq.jpg

 

IMMORTALIZED :heart:......I love their wedding costumes.  I like her elaborate head dress!  Both are gorgeous and handsome!  What a matching pair.

Off topic here, does anyone knows if FSF has already a wax figure at Madame Tussaud's?  Because this is like a 3rd one for our LY.  

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mooose said:

 

GTY only cheated and manipulated against Dr HE. QH wasn't  even a contender anymore in GTY's mind that he had to cheat or manipulate.

 

GTY wanted QH to go and be rejected by Grandma and be done with it since  QH had zero chance of ML accepting his proposal again.

 

GTY might not be innocent against other suitors but against QH, he is. Why shouldn't he defend himself? 

 

I think this is where me and some other viewers disagree about the view of situation.

 

GTY is a master manipulator and there is no way in hell he was blind to the fact that QH still loved ML and was going to try to get her back again, as soon as the proper mouring time was over and QH had some face/more backing to get ML back.

 

We the viewers know that ML wouldn't ever take QH back, but GTY manipulated the situation so that QH and anyone else couldn't even try to court ML anymore. He was basically even robbed of the chance to try again.

 

GTY was QH main confidante about the ML situation, and he knew that QH was willing to die for her. He also knew that the only reason QH gave up ML was because the crazy princess was going to wipe out QH's family, ML's family and anyone getting in her way in marrying QH, even QH himself. That kind of desperate I'm willing to kill myself to protect my woman kind of love QH had for ML does not die out in captivity.

 

GTY had a first row seat to the whole situation and he knew QH character and how he would behave if he got free from his marriage.

 

So QH getting free from the crazy blackmailing princess it was only a matter of proper face saving/mouring time before QH would be back in trying to woo ML.

 

GTY is definitely guilty agains QH in this matter. If he wasn't guilty he would have also wooed and proposed to ML openly and properly like he accused QH in not doing, but he didn't since his goal of getting the girl was more important.

 

The only way I believe a master manipulator like GTY could be blind about QH feelings and plans to get ML back is if he made himself willfuly blind to it, a.k.a denial, putting his head in the sand.

 

I think GTY didn't want to face the fact that he had betrayed QH in getting ML. So he pretended like he had no idea that QH was still hung up about ML.

 

He also didn't want to face the fact that if he married ML he had to choose between getting ML or his friendship/bond with QH.

 

Basically GTY chose getting ML over his bond/friendship/familial bond with QH, and he knew it but he didn't want to face it.

 

There is nothing wrong in choosing the woman he loves over a cousin/friend, but he didn't want to face the consequences of his choice, so he pretended like there was no petrayal and QH was delulu in being angry/pissed off/spiteful about it.

 

Basically GTY put his head in the sand and pretended that since time had passed QH wouldn't care about the betrayal.

That kind of denial gaslighting of reality would enrage QH even more.

 

I love it that GTY has these kind of character flaws. That he is not a one dimensional hero.

 

And I feel for QH's situation also, he got his bestfriend killed for nothing, his own mother ordered his bestfriend/servant to be killed, he was blackmailed into marrying and pleasing a psycho & her family, when he finally got free and had a glimmer of a hope in actually getting the woman he loves back, his other close friend/family member stabs him in the back and blackmails the woman QH loves in to marrying him, and then that close friend/family member has the nerve to pretend like there was no betrayal and he had no idead QH had feelings for her. That can be quite an embittering experience to have.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all should go watch ep 53 and hear how ML herself feels about QH being too willful.. Maybe we will understand more that QH is just being annoying right now and nothing justifies his actions again.. Well I will say I'm quite biased toward GTY and I don't really care about anything of QH at all. That's my 2 cent.. Sometimes I just want GTY to come home and just not talk to ML at all, even though I know ML will probably just pretend to be cool with it, and I know his love for her won't make him stay angry for long.. He should just stop everything, stop asking her to love him or show an active sign that she cares like being jealous, not because I don't like it but because to me he has done way more and more to make this work that I'm also getting tired on his behalf.. Hahahhaha..ML please, let's come around.. My heart hurts to much that I just cry thinking about GTY now.. He has it hard too guys.. :relieved::bawling:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

I think we all should go watch ep 53 and hear how ML herself feels about QH being too willful.. Maybe we will understand more that QH is just being annoying right now and nothing justifies his actions again.. Well I will say I'm quite biased toward GTY and I don't really care about anything of QH at all. That's my 2 cent.. Sometimes I just want GTY to come home and just not talk to ML at all, even though I know ML will probably just pretend to be cool with it, and I know his love for her won't make him stay angry for long.. He should just stop everything, stop asking her to love him or show an active sign that she cares like being jealous, not because I don't like it but because to me he has done way more and more to make this work that I'm also getting tired on his behalf.. Hahahhaha..ML please, let's come around.. My heart hurts to much that I just cry thinking about GTY now.. He has it hard too guys.. :relieved::bawling:

Agreed, whether you like GTY or QH, Minglan states clearly that QH did not think about how his actions would affect her, and how he is a cry baby just doing what he wants. Lol

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...