Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QH should realize the entire blame for bringing ML and GTY together lies on his own head. Who told him to pray for a good husband for ML at the Youqing Monastery? Thats why they say.... be c

adorable couple ============  

Aunti Kang short biography:   Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with th

29 minutes ago, lxands said:

I dunno why ppl say ML is not jealous of GTY with another woman becos she does, only she didnt show it to GTY.

 

Here's my 2 cents...

First when the servants were sent by the Gu clan, there's a pretty Mingyue. She gave specific instruction not to let anyone including MY to go close to GTY's study nor his approximity, even if her excuse is she didnt trust all of them. And she told the girl her husband doesnt like her, which is true but GTY never tells her directly abt the girl. 

Honestly I think ML IS jealous, that's why she quickly went to sleep & sleep like log, so that she didnt have to think what's happening in the other room & that morning will come quickly so GTY will be by her side by then. Its only GTY was being childish & petty since he was head over heels with ML that he wanted ML to be possesive just like him. Only he forgot ML is a woman, thus her jealousy is shown in a different way that a man. 

I think We all know she is jealous and she is just not showing it to maintain peace, but we are the viewers so we know but the characters do not know, unless they are meant to. So I think what we all are trying to say is that, she is in love and she is also jealous, but she should also show it, if not to everyone, to the person she loves at least,.. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Viki is broke on iPhone users ugh...

 

EPISODE 51:

Omg QH was being so petty but when GTY was rubbing salt on his wounds and telling him how it is whether he keeps being in denial or not, he had to remind him and it hurt me to see QH cry. Because I can feel how much regret and resentment he must have for losing the love of his life. :bawling:  If I think about it, it’s like the saying, we were destined to meet but not to be together. :bawling: I am a little at agitated with GTY, because I feel he should be a little sympathetic towards QH. But like I said he is an opportunist and a go getter. I understand QH can not trust GTY again. Although he prayed ML to have a good husband, the last person he wanted to take her away was someone who was close/related to him.... But in due time hope he gets a wake up call and let go his pain and just learn to accept that ML was the love that got away. Now that GTY has taken ML from QH and Dr He, all the more he should cherish and treasure ML. 

 

I feel so sad for GTY kids. So sad to be birth with evil mother. 

That sixth Liang has no idea. He really pushed the buttons. Lol SH has been kept in the dark far too long, good for him to realize that CL is not just a liar who played him but also a murderer and his daughter Molan as well. 

For one I'm not really feeling pity for QH anymore, he made faults, GTY made faults, Dr He made faults, but those 2 didn't deluded themselves that it was because of people that they lost what they lose, so he really needs to wake up because it's getting so much like a baby losing its candy cry.. And I think GTY really cherishes ML and his cherish is one of the reasons ML feels anxious too, saying it's too good for her.... They both just need to not put some clause of the past over their relationship.. 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, m0us3y said:

I do wonder if the woman ML took in has malicious intent tho. 

What I thought was funny was the woman looked pretty please and smug with herself when GTY said he's spending time with her...only to actually have him sitting there ignoring her completely! :lol:

And everytime she tried to approach him he just stood up, opens the door and talks to Shitou. :lol::lol:

That was awkward...

 

But I do feel it was very sweet that in the end he still went back to ML's bed and hugged her to sleep...

That smug look on her face showed that she was probably expecting a position but we saw that GTY wasn’t really going to sleep with her.  I think she stirs up trouble if that’s her that was trying to take a blade to the throat in front of ML in one of the previews? Probably because she has not been made an official concubine and GTY basically didn’t want her or touch her. 

                Also so on another note, in one of the previews we can see that 3rd Gu bro, GTW, may be aligning himself with ED like in the novel so we may see that twist in his character since he can’t get away from Stepmom’s influence completely. 

  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Viki is broke on iPhone users ugh...

 

EPISODE 51:

Omg QH was being so petty but when GTY was rubbing salt on his wounds and telling him how it is whether he keeps being in denial or not, he had to remind him and it hurt me to see QH cry. Because I can feel how much regret and resentment he must have for losing the love of his life. :bawling:  If I think about it, it’s like the saying, we were destined to meet but not to be together. :bawling: I am a little at agitated with GTY, because I feel he should be a little sympathetic towards QH. But like I said he is an opportunist and a go getter. I understand QH can not trust GTY again. Although he prayed ML to have a good husband, the last person he wanted to take her away was someone who was close/related to him.... But in due time hope he gets a wake up call and let go his pain and just learn to accept that ML was the love that got away. Now that GTY has taken ML from QH and Dr He, all the more he should cherish and treasure ML. 

 

I feel so sad for GTY kids. So sad to be birth with evil mother. 

That sixth Liang has no idea. He really pushed the buttons. Lol SH has been kept in the dark far too long, good for him to realize that CL is not just a liar who played him but also a murderer and his daughter Molan as well. 

@cherubstomato  Yes QH is very petty, First off he should have correct his mom when she first went to the Sheng house offering gifts as brothers and sisters.. She had a whole different agenda when she lied to him in the first place but she lied to him.. Him offering ML the necklace sealed it for her that they could never be.Mom offereing the neckl;ace said it all that she didn't want any of the Sheng daughters tied to her household.. He should really be venting his anger towards his mom.. She's the one that F him over.. If he was so bent on having ML he should have made it clear right then in front of everyone about his feelings towards her and he wouldn't have her as his concubine as mom wanted but his main wife.. If he would have spoke up in the beginning he would have seen the fruits of his labor.. Not be mad at GTy for something he didn't and could not bring himself to do.. Even after marrying twice he still choose to not let his pettiness go and move on.. 

 

You may call GTy and opppourtunist but I see him as a go getter.. GTy has seen the ways of the world at a very young age and knows nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.. If you want something you have to by all means go after it and thats what he did.. GTY seen the rare jewel that ML was something that QH never knew was there and still to this episode not know.. If ML had married him she would have for ever been living in her shell with a lot of bottle up emotions pint up inside her that would have been enough to kill her.. Not counting all that QH mom would have been doing to her just because of the fact she's a concubines daughter..   

 

I don't buy SH crap about not knowing CL was involved in this.. He's a man of the court and not only that he knew she was the only one with motive to do something like this.. SH played dumb just for the simple fact he didn';t want to tarnish the SHeng family good name or lose his face..Ml told him as a child how they were starving and no heat in the home.. He really didn't do a thing about it.. SH never cared for ML or her mom.. What tees me off even more is that he didn't have to sleep with her if he wasn't going to be responsible for the children he fathered with her.. @ForgottenSoulx  Who was the person we were conversing with on SH and how much of a dirt bag father he is towards ML.. I really wanted to reach out and touch him in the last episode for trying to slap ML in regards to the witch,.. My thoughts went back to Molan sleeping around in a temple but he didn;t slap her nor raised his hands to hit her..  I was hoping ML check Molan husband about her minduing her own business. But he'll learn soon enough what kibd of woman he married she's no different then her mom there's no love there..

 

Molan so jealous of Ming Lan all she wishing and praying for his for ML downfall.. She's praying for ML husband to fall out of grace with the court.. But she still has no idea no matter how hard she falls she still has a bed of money to fall on and bounce back up.. It's not like they ate depending in the courts to provide for them and ML has a business mind set I'm sure she could make them even more richer of she puts her mind to it.. 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hello210 said:

That smug look on her face showed that she was probably expecting a position but we saw that GTY wasn’t really going to sleep with her.  I think she stirs up trouble if that’s her that was trying to take a blade to the throat in front of ML in one of the previews? Probably because she has not been made an official concubine and GTY basically didn’t want her or touch her. 

                Also so on another note, in one of the previews we can see that 3rd Gu bro, GTW, may be aligning himself with ED like in the novel so we may see that twist in his character since he can’t get away from Stepmom’s influence completely. 

 

I was thinking that too. But he seemed fine with GTY inheriting the title. Maybe he's being used by ED to frame GTY....he doesn't seem like a smart cookie.....thinking that GTY respects his mother and had a good relationship with her before.   

 And gifted concubines always come with ulterior motives. They come to fulfill the intentions of the gift giver....good or bad.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gleek49 said:

 

What would you suggest him do? Kill them? Or imprison them? He's the head of the household now, he has to protect them whether he wants to or not. Anything bad happens to them, he could be implicated too, because technically, they are his responsibility. As long as they behave, there's no reason for him to handle them. MN commits grave crimes towards him, he and ML didn't even dare to touch a hair on her head, but she still manage to bite him in the behind. Right now he can't afford to make any mistake with ED and QH watching him like hawks. Not to mention his scary stepmother, she's already gone around tarnishing him and his wife reputation, they don't need to give her more opportunities to harm them. Remember, the whole capital still thinks of her as a saint, if anything happens to her, it would definitely blamed on him. If he was alone, then he could be reckless, but he has a family now, ML would never let him do anything rash.

SH and wife reacted very swiftly and quietly when Molan was caught.

 

Even when little mother died, for years no one except ML dared open her mouth.

 

GTY should learn from the Shengs..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

For one I'm not really feeling pity for QH anymore, he made faults, GTY made faults, Dr He made faults, but those 2 didn't deluded themselves that it was because of people that they lost what they lose, so he really needs to wake up because it's getting so much like a baby losing its candy cry.. And I think GTY really cherishes ML and his cherish is one of the reasons ML feels anxious too, saying it's too good for her.... They both just need to not put some clause of the past over their relationship.. 

Have you ever seen a grown man cry? It’s not a matter of losing its candy. To QH he lost the love of his life and at that moment when he broke down and cried in front of uncle. I cried too. I felt sympathetic towards him, I know he is trying his best to forget ML. But you can see how agitated he becomes when she is mentioned just a bit as if to say I was already trying to forget her than she is mentioned and I’m back to square one. It’s true that he needs to let go, but it is a matter of time. Not something you can force. The more you force the more miserable you become from pretending you’re ok. And at that point QH showed that he wasn’t ok.

 

 

I keep laughing at Big Madam, her facial expressions every time she tries to dodge awkward situations. LMAO 

Stepmom really met her match, ML knew well that if she didn’t accept this concubine it can cause a discord between grand aunt and GTY which stepmom hoped for. But even though ML was able to dodge it, her plan didn’t go to waste as the concubine was accepted. 

Its really sad how woman were treated as tools from families and like a toy for a man’s need. And the talk with Danju really brings to light the things that woman in their time had to swallow. What woman really want to share their man, now GTY is time to prove your oath to ML. 

 

Shitou defended Xiaotao she’s not a dummy. So cute. :wub: I don’t know if shitou came to get information about ML or he came to flirt with Xiaotao. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

SH and wife reacted very swiftly and quietly when Molan was caught.

 

Even when little mother died, for years no one except ML dared open her mouth.

 

GTY should learn from the Shengs..

 

The Sheng shenanigans are problems within families, even if something bad happened, the whole family would just solve it inside the house, to outsider they still have to act like one harmonious family, not airing their dirty laundry for everyone else to see or going around killing each other. Plus, they don't have ED and other officials waiting to find faults on them.

 

I still don't understand what you want him to learn from the Shengs? In Molan's case was just her and her mother were at fault, and they still ended up giving Molan what she wants to save everyone's dignity, they could only keep her kneeling for a few days and then that's it. Concubine Lin was merely a servant, she is technically a slave under SH and Big Madam's hand, they can beat her to death and no one would care, no one could criticize them. In Concubine Wei's case, only a few servants were punished, ML didn't speak up because her father wouldn't listen. He let the murderer roamed free for years, what should GTY learn from that?

 

Unlike the concubine, MN is a free civilian, his stepmother is a high born noble, a main wife with good reputation, his uncles and aunts are all nobles and his elders. He can't force them to kneel or beat them all to death like Concubine Lin and other servants? Even though his family is trash, to outsiders and enemies, they still have to keep up appearances as a family, if the family is not at peace, it only implicates GTY even more.

  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

 

The Sheng shenanigans are problems within families, even if something bad happened, the whole family would just solve it inside the house, to outsider they still have to act like one harmonious family, not airing their dirty laundry for everyone else to see or going around killing each other. Plus, they don't have ED and other officials waiting to find faults on them.

 

I still don't understand what you want him to learn from the Shengs? In Molan's case was just her and her mother were at fault, and they still ended up giving Molan what she wants to save everyone's dignity, they could only keep her kneeling for a few days and then that's it. Concubine Lin was merely a servant, she is technically a slave under SH and Big Madam's hand, they can beat her to death and no one would care, no one could criticize them. In Concubine Wei's case, only a few servants were punished, ML didn't speak up because her father wouldn't listen. He let the murderer roamed free for years, what should GTY learn from that?

 

Unlike the concubine, MN is a free civilian, his stepmother is a high born noble, a main wife with good reputation, his uncles and aunts are all nobles and his elders. He can't force them to kneel or beat them all to death like Concubine Lin and other servants? Even though his family is trash, to outsiders and enemies, they still have to keep up appearances as a family, if the family is not at peace, it only implicates GTY even more.

So true.. What should be learnt from the Sheng, hide under the radar of pretending that everything idls fine when it's actually getting on your nerves.. I don't know what's to be learnt from the shengs.. It's because the shengs do not give way for complaints that's why ML is somehow broken way on the inside, so should GTY also just put a blind eye to everything and hope everyone keeps quiet about the problems in the family just for reputation and peace even if that means the people in the family will not have a happy life and will always be as if they are on a death roll.. There is nothing to learn from the shengs at all, but things to be corrected from the shengs.. So the best way for him to make sure they have a happy and true peaceful life is what he is doing and he wishes hlshe rataliates, the way ML also thinks they can be in collaboration together is what she is also doing, so she wishes he also understands.. They both have their flaws and they must also learn to have their peaceful home without the influence of no one else but them

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Omg QH was being so petty but when GTY was rubbing salt on his wounds and telling him how it is whether he keeps being in denial or not, he had to remind him and it hurt me to see QH cry. Because I can feel how much regret and resentment he must have for losing the love of his life. :bawling:  If I think about it, it’s like the saying, we were destined to meet but not to be together. :bawling: I am a little at agitated with GTY, because I feel he should be a little sympathetic towards QH. But like I said he is an opportunist and a go getter. I understand QH can not trust GTY again. Although he prayed ML to have a good husband, the last person he wanted to take her away was someone who was close/related to him.... But in due time hope he gets a wake up call and let go his pain and just learn to accept that ML was the love that got away. Now that GTY has taken ML from QH and Dr He, all the more he should cherish and treasure ML. 

 

GTY didn't take her from anyone. QH and her had no longer had any relation whatsoever after he married, I don't care if he had reasons or not, their relationship was over, period. In modern term, they had broken up and she's single, that's it, anyone could try to court her and QH had no say in it.

 

Dr. He hadn't even officially proposed to ML yet, so he also had no claim on her. In modern term, they hadn't become an official couple yet, so again, she's still single, any could try to court her and sent proposal gifts to her house and Dr. He couldn't say anything.

 

After his wife died, QH only INTENDED to go ask for her hand, but he didn't actually do it, he didn't even tell anyone of his intention, how could anyone suppose to know what he wanted? He couldn't just expect her to stand in one place waiting for him? Hadn't it occur to him that there can be other guys who like her too? He could at least ask around to see if there's anyone else, if he did, he would have known about Dr. He and he might had the chance to act faster. But he didn't do it. If GTY wasn't there, he would have still lost to Dr. He with his way of handling things. His tantrum right now towards GTY is just him unable to cope with his own incompetency, him looking for someone to blame on for his misery. The mature thing to do is to face your mistake, move on and let your wound to be healed. Both ML and GTY had met with as much pain and struggles as him, if not more; but they didn't sulk in a corner being bitter and blaming the world, they moved on, that's why they are able to be happy with each other now. QH not only refuses to let go, but he tries to drag others down with him just because he's unhappy is nothing less of an angry child and a sore loser. Until he's willing to admit that this is his own damn faults, he has no right to blame it on anyone.

 

And GTY didn't rub salt in his wound, agitating QH do no one no good, why would he do such stupid things? He was just trying to tell QH what he did wrong, trying to get him to face his mistakes, not blaming on others; he told him point blank because he cared about QH and he wanted him to move on.

  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, frenchfan said:

Everyone seemed to be having babies : Changbai's wife, Hualan, Rulan and Madame Zhang (General Shen's main wife).  So exciting.  I do hope that ML will be pregnant soon too.  I wait impatiently every day to watch the next episodes and then the next.  It is getting super exciting.  The plot thickens, my impression of evil stepmom has only deepened and now, add to the mix is Madame Kang.  I am sure Molan's downfall is soon enough since her husband has found out their "fated" meeting at the temple was orchestrated.  Poor guy.    

 

IMO, Liang Han is actually quite a pity guy. Maybe I have a soft spot for him as I think his looks is very charming lol. But if only Molan actually knows her place and idk being a good wife for him after marriage is better but no. She had to scheme at their house against the concubines and must have done something to his babies. Governess Kong is so correct when she said that Molan is smart and sharp and outstanding in all matters. But she always let herself smart and regard everyone else as fools. A smart man can be ruined by his smarts.

 

Hopefully Liang Han's brain get the hints given by ML during the fight and Molan's maid in his room. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cherubstomato said:

Have you ever seen a grown man cry? It’s not a matter of losing its candy. To QH he lost the love of his life and at that moment when he broke down and cried in front of uncle. I cried too. I felt sympathetic towards him, I know he is trying his best to forget ML. But you can see how agitated he becomes when she is mentioned just a bit as if to say I was already trying to forget her than she is mentioned and I’m back to square one. It’s true that he needs to let go, but it is a matter of time. Not something you can force. The more you force the more miserable you become from pretending you’re ok. And at that point QH showed that he wasn’t ok

I actually didn't mean him crying literally, I meant him resolving to forcing things and not letting go on the impossible.. QH is very smart and he knows what's right from wrong but because of him not being OK, he resulted into the denial that everything that happened was unfair when he reality, it was the situation that messed things up.. Just like ML told him, he can't be blamed that he wanted to save his father, that's an admirable act in itself, so he also can't blame time for not waiting for his schedule.. So he should learn to take things positively and not always think he is the centre of the world and everything that happens weaves around him.. Even if he does know GTY, it's not because of him that GTY wanted to marry ML, that's what I meant by acting like a kid crying for it's stolen candy,when in fact he was the one that left it hanging.. 

In short, it takes time, but he should learn to let go, he is hurt so was everyone that was involved during that relationship, but since he received the biggest blow, instead of trying to find faults in someone else, he should take a step back and think twice on his own faults and not always see himself as the perfect being.. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

 

GTY didn't take her from anyone. QH and her had no longer had any relation whatsoever after he married, I don't care if he had reasons or not, their relationship was over, period. In modern term, they had broken up and she's single, that's it, anyone could try to court her and QH had no say in it.

 

Dr. He hadn't even officially proposed to ML yet, so he also had no claim on her. In modern term, they hadn't become an official couple yet, so again, she's still single, any could try to court her and sent proposal gifts to her house and Dr. He couldn't say anything.

 

After his wife died, QH only INTENDED to go ask for her hand, but he didn't actually do it, he didn't even tell anyone of his intention, how could anyone suppose to know what he wanted? He couldn't just expect her to stand in one place waiting for him? Hadn't it occur to him that there can be other guys who like her too? He could at least ask around to see if there's anyone else, if he did, he would have known about Dr. He and he might had the chance to act faster. But he didn't do it. If GTY wasn't there, he would have still lost to Dr. He with his way of handling things. His tantrum right now towards GTY is just him unable to cope with his own incompetency, him looking for someone to blame on for his misery. The mature thing to do is to face your mistake, move on and let your wound to be healed. Both ML and GTY had met with as much pain and struggles as him, if not more; but they didn't sulk in a corner being bitter and blaming the world, they moved on, that's why they are able to be happy with each other now. QH not only refuses to let go, but he tries to drag others down with him just because he's unhappy is nothing less of an angry child and a sore loser. Until he's willing to admit that this is his own damn faults, he has no right to blame it on anyone.

 

And GTY didn't rub salt in his wound, agitating QH do no one no good, why would he do such stupid things? He was just trying to tell QH what he did wrong, trying to get him to face his mistakes, not blaming on others; he told him point blank because he cared about QH and he wanted him to move on.

I very much agree with you. I want to add that he didn’t think about ml’s feelings. Let’s be honest he humiliated her, put her and her granny in a difficult position, made her criticized in society so it was likely she didn’t want to wait for something that could never happen and even that she stopped loving him. Their love was still young love, not tested, not developed so ml had every right to move on. He didn’t put himself once in her shoes even when he decided the second time that he wanted to marry her. Love as everything else needs to be cherished nurtured and protected, if not it disappears. He couldn’t expect anything from her, even without the machination of gty.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
2 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

Viki is broke on iPhone users ugh...

 

EPISODE 51:

Omg QH was being so petty but when GTY was rubbing salt on his wounds and telling him how it is whether he keeps being in denial or not, he had to remind him and it hurt me to see QH cry. Because I can feel how much regret and resentment he must have for losing the love of his life. :bawling:  If I think about it, it’s like the saying, we were destined to meet but not to be together. :bawling: I am a little at agitated with GTY, because I feel he should be a little sympathetic towards QH. But like I said he is an opportunist and a go getter. I understand QH can not trust GTY again. Although he prayed ML to have a good husband, the last person he wanted to take her away was someone who was close/related to him.... But in due time hope he gets a wake up call and let go his pain and just learn to accept that ML was the love that got away. Now that GTY has taken ML from QH and Dr He, all the more he should cherish and treasure ML. 

 

I feel so sad for GTY kids. So sad to be birth with evil mother. 

That sixth Liang has no idea. He really pushed the buttons. Lol SH has been kept in the dark far too long, good for him to realize that CL is not just a liar who played him but also a murderer and his daughter Molan as well. 

 

Hmm...I'm not sure I feel the same about QH honestly. 

I'm more with @Suzzy San and @sava2sava 

Call me cold, but I don't  have much sympathy for him left..

 

When he first promised ML everything, and asked his mom for permission at the worst possible time, it was arguable that he was young, and naive.

But when the mom dropped the bomb and made them siblings, he continued to promise her that he will change the mom's mind. 

The grand plan? Goes on hunger strike. <_<

The last straw was BuWei does everything to help him andq got found out by the mom, and was beaten to death, what did he do? Nothing.

Even the not-so-bright Rulan knew to protect her servant. 

When push comes to shove, he bailed. 

No explanation. He disappeared. 

 

When he found out that GTY is marrying her, his first response was to get him to break it off..

But has it ever occured to him to even ask her if she's willing party before trying to break them off? 

Sure, he would probably not be able to see her, but it didn't change the fact that his first reaction was to go to GTY to break off, and humiliate her again...

 

Now, arguably he is doing the right thing because he believes GTY is not a man of integrity. But it's later confirmed that it's more personal grudge than professional. 

On one hand he prayed for her happiness, and on the other hand, he goes on to destroy her husband's career. 

That's saying a lot about wishing her happiness. 

Regardless if ML married GTY for love, she married him. 

If GTY goes down, she does too. 

If GTY goes to jail, she becomes a convicts wife. 

If GTY dies, she becomes a widow. 

Never occurred to him?

 

  • Like 11
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gleek49 said:

 

GTY didn't take her from anyone. QH and her had no longer had any relation whatsoever after he married, I don't care if he had reasons or not, their relationship was over, period. In modern term, they had broken up and she's single, that's it, anyone could try to court her and QH had no say in it.

 

Dr. He hadn't even officially proposed to ML yet, so he also had no claim on her. In modern term, they hadn't become an official couple yet, so again, she's still single, any could try to court her and sent proposal gifts to her house and Dr. He couldn't say anything.

 

After his wife died, QH only INTENDED to go ask for her hand, but he didn't actually do it, he didn't even tell anyone of his intention, how could anyone suppose to know what he wanted? He couldn't just expect her to stand in one place waiting for him? Hadn't it occur to him that there can be other guys who like her too? He could at least ask around to see if there's anyone else, if he did, he would have known about Dr. He and he might had the chance to act faster. But he didn't do it. If GTY wasn't there, he would have still lost to Dr. He with his way of handling things. His tantrum right now towards GTY is just him unable to cope with his own incompetency, him looking for someone to blame on for his misery. The mature thing to do is to face your mistake, move on and let your wound to be healed. Both ML and GTY had met with as much pain and struggles as him, if not more; but they didn't sulk in a corner being bitter and blaming the world, they moved on, that's why they are able to be happy with each other now. QH not only refuses to let go, but he tries to drag others down with him just because he's unhappy is nothing less of an angry child and a sore loser. Until he's willing to admit that this is his own damn faults, he has no right to blame it on anyone.

 

And GTY didn't rub salt in his wound, agitating QH do no one no good, why would he do such stupid things? He was just trying to tell QH what he did wrong, trying to get him to face his mistakes, not blaming on others; he told him point blank because he cared about QH and he wanted him to move on.

Exactly. GTY didnt take her from anyone, QH resulted to be a fillial son and sacrifice his love for his father, it's admirable.. As such, ML became single.. Dr. He decided to respect and care for family before stranger, another admirable deed, ML became single again.. And then GTY that has been planning to take ML, married her while she was single, if GTY actually took her from anyone, it will be from Dr. He and not QH, since he was involved in bringing the cousin back, which will still happen even after the marriage, so why not face every problems before marriage with Dr. He.. So GTY owes no one any explanation or any excuse for marrying ML and he also doesn't have to cherish her because of anyone too but because he truly and sincerely wants to.. All these Dr. He or QH have nothing to do with the marriage or their relationship.. They are just her past, and everyone has one. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

I don't buy SH crap about not knowing CL was involved in this.. He's a man of the court and not only that he knew she was the only one with motive to do something like this.. SH played dumb just for the simple fact he didn';t want to tarnish the SHeng family good name or lose his face..Ml told him as a child how they were starving and no heat in the home.. He really didn't do a thing about it.. SH never cared for ML or her mom.. What tees me off even more is that he didn't have to sleep with her if he wasn't going to be responsible for the children he fathered with her.. 

 

SH cares for his reputation rather than justice.  He probably like so what CL murdered ML's mother. He doesn't want to hang his dirty laundary. In future episodes, will see more how dipsh*t SH is when grandmother get poison. Luckily Chang Bai wasn't like this SH 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...