[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

37 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

Because I was talking about episode 51 and how I was mesmerized by ZYL scene with GTY. That in that moment I felt pity for his character. This aroused a debate this and that about QH was wrong like I shouldn’t pity him. Like I get it and know it LOL I’m not biased to any characters except for Molan and her mother straight up detest them won’t even try look at their POV. But other characters, I can see from each one point of view and if only their acting sparks an emotion in me whether they are good or bad characters, I am able to sympathize with them. Plain and simple. 

I pity QH somewhat as well he lost his first love and is incredibly broken.. to me that is pitiful i disagree with his actions and dont like what hes doing but hes still pitiful. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ammiel said:

Theres something missing here, noone seemed to have mentioned the way Gty was brought up, he desired love from his father and his step mother because his mother died at his birth,and his father was always angry with him he was blamed for everything that happened and flogged, thats  why he became an angry, loud man

ML at least had her mother till she was 8 or 9 she had some taste of love from her mother

I dont think his mother died at his birth didnt his mother die while she was pregnant with the second child? GTY was still young then im pretty sure or was that how the book went and im pretty sure she was like 7 or lower when she lost her mum .

In ep 53, ml told gty that she knows he loves her dearly. And she said that she didn't feel jealous for the concubine. Based on the conversation, i deduce that actually ml really feel secure in  gty's love and trust him explicitly. So, she didn't feel jealous.

Episodes 51 and 52 Trouble at the Count's Mansion and

Jealousy Crisis at the Marquis and Marchioness house ahhhhh, a basis for a hot debate 

At the family get together of the Sheng house, dearest and bravest Ming Lan finally called out his father in front of all the family. Grandmother who was rushing to assist Ming Lan did not have to because as Daddy Sheng was about to strike Ming Lan, in comes the Marquis, ML's husband to back her up. Big Madam Sheng is too funny. All of the family were tense and standing up around the table when Ting Ye comes in as Sheng was about to raise his hand to strike ML and Danniang says, oh, it is the right time come and sit, sit. I cracked up. Ting Ye supported his wife's assertions that a woman who murdered another should not have her memorial tablet entered into the monastery where the memorial tablet of the  woman she murdered stands. Double BOOM. ML had stated earlier, over her dead body will Molan's mother's memorial be at the same place where her mother rests. I was clapping when 6th Liang son asked Molan if she set him up pretending to fall at the monastery steps to get his attention. Molan of course denied. But it was not all her fault either because he also was all over her. But then he said that he heard of concubine's jealous fights but murder? And Molan practiced her mother's skills of sulking and whining but 6th son of Liang is not Sheng Hong, her father. 6th son of Liang is a son of the Count of Wu, one of the wealthiest families in the capital, spoiled and a womanizer. Sheng Hong was in love with Molan's mother, while 6th Liang son is not. Molan denied her maid's request to be released as her family requested. 6th Liang son asked Molan's maid what happened to the women who were Molan's childhood maids and was told they were killed after they were found out to have helped Molan into illicit meetings with him and Molan's mother was the one who spread the gossip about those meetings. He also heard TY restate what ML said about Molan's mother and Ml statement that there was evidence against his wife's dead mother. What would the 6th Liang son do with those information? Molan has dark circles around her eyes as if she is not resting well and the maid she did not release will become the 6th concubine of her husband. Can't wait for the redress. 

Now the jealousy and non jealousy, the origin of heated and fiery debates over who of the loving couple behaved wrong or right. If we look at Ming Lan and Ting Ye's body language now, both of their body actions declare their deep love for the other. Married one year and the awkwardness of new living togetherness is lessening and replaced with comfort, trust and love especially for Ming Lan, who did not have the luxury as Ting Ye who had all the time to fall in love with Ming Lan when they had a talk at the seaport after he rescued her from the pirates. When they were first married it was TY who always initiated the intimacy and touching. In the carriage ML always scoots to the corner and TY had to slowly move over to be at her side. Now, at the carriage, they are side by side, they talk and he massages her neck and she is laughing loving it, clasping his hands and leaning into him for  a hug or a touch. They hold and clasp hands, link arms, hug all the time and both naturally initiate the touching. Whenever TY's temper flares and makes a hasty decision that could result in damages to himself and the family, Ming Lan first soothes him with her touch as in the case of taking him away from Manniang as he was about to order torture. She first hugged him and dragged him away to a safe place where she could sit him down and without taking her hands away, she calmed him down then explained her reasons for an alternative plan. When TY was keening in grief over knowing that his son had "died", Minglan did not hesitate to hug and comfort him. During and after the concubine selection which was initiated by the wicked stepmother and played on by another dummy aunt, both TY and ML were not comfortable with the situation. Their actions that night of the concubine and TY's supposed "wedding night" were comical at the same time sad. TY kept Shitou at the doorstep and kept asking if the main house had called for him and ML on the other hand was awake with the excuse of soaking her feet or doing some other body treatment. However, when TY left the concubine's house without bedding her,  in the early morning hours and went to bed with ML, they woke up entertwined bodily arms and legs. Their bodies consciously express what their reasoning do not. What they show from my perspective, is that, they have both feelings of insecurity about how the other feels about them but they don't talk about those feelings. He pouts and then shouts in anger without explaining the reason for his actions and she gets frightened and mopes without asking for a clarification. They are both right to think that their point of view is right and they are both wrong to think that the other's point of view is incorrect relative to theirs. 

ML grew up looking at Sheng Hong carry on the role of a father and a husband. He saw the partiality of his treatments with regards to his favorite concubine and children vs his legal wife and other concubines and their children. However, favorite or not her father's favor was not given that easily either. Linniang had to exert tremendous effort with crying, whining, wheedling and outright lying to get what she wants. When Sheng Hong got disappointed and hurt by Linniang he killed her, had all the servants who knew about or related to her crime either killed or sold at the slave market. Sheng's Big Madam was even frightened of him when she learned of Linniang's death. Then ML's first love, who said he will make her his first wife even if the society they lived in especially his parents, would not permit it, promised anyway but was unable to fulfill the promise. Neither was this first love able to protect her from the gossip circulated around the capital about her. The prospective husband her grandmother chose for her was a sweet and honorable man but was too soft of a man to defend her from his avaricious relatives. So there is a source of Ming Lan's reservation and unease, especially in a society where concubinage is expected for preservation of family ancestry. This man whom she married seems to madly adore her, but might one day fall in love with a concubine. From her frame of reference (her past) it is safer to convince herself to guard her heart and not fully give herself to this man even if she loves him already in her heart but not in her reasoning mind. 

TY on the other hand grew up beloved and dotted on when he was younger especially by his father but when his mother died,  and his father married the third wife his stepmother, it all changed. His stepmother appeared to love and spoil him and defended him against his siblings yet his father beat him and believed the lies spread by his siblings and Gu relatives about him. His role model for a Big Madam and a wife was his stepmother who appeared kind and supportive towards him. She was good at pleading, tearing and imploring and that was what TY thought as the good woman or mother. He rebelled later went away to study somewhere with a known scholar, but frequented entertainment houses, fell in love with an opera singer, had 2 children with her, bought his own house away from his family and lived with his mistress and 2 children and his old Bai nanny. He is brash, cheeky, forthright, gutsy and intelligent at the same time stubborn and reckless. His mistress Manniang appeared for him to be loving, devoted and solicituos. Nanny, however, knew different and tried to warn him but he would not listen. When he first decided to get married to provide a secure home for his children and mistress he selected a prospective wife who was alike to his stepmother Madam Qin. Someone who implored for her right to a pin and cried and was able to get help. When Manniang stepped on his heart and deceived him and when he realized his stepmother had duped, used and double crossed him, his eyes was opened. He then found ML, to be different as she was trustworthy, level headed, brave, kindhearted, and brainy as well as beautiful and fell in love. However, from his perspective, because of his past and also knowing her history as she does his, he wants some assurance. 

Concubinage is an approved and expected family practice and business to secure future family extention especially via the sons. From what I have read in the forums the Big Madam of the house has the duty to approve or disapprove of a concubine following a set of guidelines and protocol as in there is something wrong with the prospective concubine, physically, mentally, status wise or even financially. ML can't just say I can't approve of the concubine because I want to be the only wife or I will be jealous. The family will descend on her head. She can't give the excuse that she has to wait for her husband to make the decision just like the day after her wedding night when the elders were trying to force a concubine on her because she has been married for a year without a son, is the Big Madam of the house and a Marchioness at that. It is expected that she makes the decision. Now, the aunt who is the sister of the late Marquiss is used by stepmother Qin just like she used the other aunts to get the aunt to present ML with a concubine. ML had no choice but to accept. She was fighting for her status as the wife of Marquiss Gu and the Big Madam of his house. I think that intelectually TY understands his wife's position and decision but emotionally unable to reconcile with it since it seemed that it was so easy for his wife to let him bed another woman. He did not see the forced smile on ML's face. On the other hand, ML assumed that TY understands her reasoning and her fears. None of the two are purposely hurting or disrespecting the other. All they need to do is sit down and talk. BTW, TY never really reassured ML verbally as in saying I love you instead of I love you because you are blah, blah. I think he needs to do that. 

Sorry for the long post. It is just many people are angry and calling Ml names which is unfair if both are understood from their respective views. 

25 minutes ago, ammiel said:

Theres something missing here, noone seemed to have mentioned the way Gty was brought up, he desired love from his father and his step mother because his mother died at his birth,and his father was always angry with him he was blamed for everything that happened and flogged, thats  why he became an angry, loud man

ML at least had her mother till she was 8 or 9 she had some taste of love from her mother

we didnt see anything about her relationship with her father only that he didnt protect her mother, thats been the problem with her not trusting men

GTY did some very terrible things you never take on a concubine  till your married and have a child( If I understand correctly) he had 2 children by this slave and then gave her freedom because she showed him so much love and compassion (all a lie to get his money) he was besotted with her but it wasnt right thats why his Father really was so angry with his silliness

how can you now get a wife and GTY said I want the mother of my children to be my wife

Gty also did everything he could to marry ML,he used  lots of tricks  to make sure she came to him and I understood she was in love with Qiheng and was waiting for him so when he dumped her she  again 

its a very interesting drama

Now I understand where he is coming from, he is so hungry for love and he just adores ML

but she is very young and doesnt understand if he doesnt tell her plainly, and hes sort of coy and worried to say anything because he wants her to show him, hes wanting that so much

ML its a job, that needs fixing and its a huge undertaking what she has married into with the stepmom wanting them to drift apart doing everything possible to complete their mission and the spys who can she trust? She is only 18, or 20

she is certainly trained in management but knows nothing about men or love

Truly none of us have been recounting GTY's family problems and his own childhood trauma like we do for ML and even QH, to back up their reasons for their attitude.. And I think this is because unlike them, GTY somehow discarded his family and grew up street wise, so we somehow overlook his own problems since he doesn't really show that he is bothered about it or he is also really hurt about it, which he is. Because instead of how ML kept her pain bolted, he has poured his pain out with anger since he is very fierce and loud.. Haha.. 

Hahhahha, but I think if there will be an age difference between them it will only be either 7 years difference or at most 10 years, so she isn't really young.. But she is definitely still a child and a novice at love, which makes her so adorable that you can't even get angry at her :joy:

8 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

. I think that intelectually TY understands his wife's position and decision but emotionally unable to reconcile with it since it seemed that it was so easy for his wife to let him bed another woman. He did not see the forced smile on ML's face. On the other hand, ML assumed that TY understands her reasoning and her fears. None of the two are purposely hurting or disrespecting the other. All they need to do is sit down and talk. BTW, TY never really reassured ML verbally as in saying I love you instead of I love you because you are blah, blah. I think he needs to do that. 

Wow.. I just want to clap for whoever wrote this masterpiece and gemlike post.. like.. Omg such a vast and broad view.. Sorry for cutting the post.. Just wanted to say this was the part that hit me the most, intellectually he understands her as the big madam of the house, but emotionally he is not able to fathom that the wife he loves dearly is OK with him taking another woman to bed right under her nose.. So he is unable to see her forced 'I'm ok'.. And also ML also thinks he understands her predicaments but doesn't really know that, this string and cunning marquis is someone so sensitive to the matters of the heart.. What an interesting piece.. Seriously, I thank you for this post. :thumbsup::heart:

https://youtu.be/sUIm49au7PY

Can someone translate what's going on here? Also it's at episode 61 soon and there is so much left....do you guys think they'll have time to show her two pregnancies without rushing it? Also do you guys think we will get to see Molan's down fall? I hope so. She's so selfish and crazy. Also, the MIL is so...I'm tired of her. I just want everyone to find out how horrible she is already. And in a trailer I saw minglan crying holding onto what looked like bars in a prison. Does that mean GTY goes to prison? :( I really hope not. If he does I really can't imagine what for especially when he saved this new emperors life. Also, last thing, I love all the cute scenes with minglan and GTY. 

3 hours ago, minglan1 said:

I loved the empress in episode 54.She unlike her husband is a smart lady who recognized the intelligence of ML.Empress asked ML to help patch up the differences between her brother and his wife.Doing so  would also restore the reputation of ML which was torn to shreds by the daughter of Duke of Ying.

What better way than to let the one who embarrasses you restore your honor.

Marquis Gu and Marchioness Minglan are still busy with trying to make the other understand what love means in their respective dictionary.

They can serve as a perfect case study on what are the barriers to effective communication.:lol:

The master's woes in love is soon to befall Shitou too.Xiaotao is unhappy with him and is even planning to forsake the fried cherries he gets for her.:D

Evil stepmom has found her soul sister in Aunty Kang to step up her plotting.Add ED to the mix and the evil recipe to bring down the power couple is almost ready.

I'm also excited to see when ML and GTY serve out justice too after all the plotting has happened :D with stepmother and Aunty Kang. I have a little insight into what happens to Aunty Kang but it looks like, from one of the trailers, stepmother goes a little crazy? The scene where she pushes all the ancestral tablets and is laughing :blink:

3 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Let's face it. Every character in the show is flawed, one way or another. Makes them human. Makes them more relatable. 

GTY is far from a saint. Or a gentleman. 

In fact, when ML called him evil, a ruffian and a scoundrel, he didn't even rebuke her. 

Because he knows its not untrue. 

He schemed his way into marrying her. 

Man to man, bro to bro, I wouldn't disagree that he let QH down. Pretentious, playing dumb with him. But it's calculated move. 

He seems to be fully aware that QH will be angry, and it seems that he made a choice, and take the risk of losing his friendship with QH for ML. 

Whether or not he truly will help QH when he made the offer to him previously becomes irrelevant, because fact is, QH didn't choose that, we would never know. It will always be a what-if zone. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't.

One thing I do like about GTY. He takes responsibility when he sees his mistakes. He admits his mistakes, and try to mend his ways, and make up for it.

He does that with his children. 

He doesn't see his action as a mistake. It was a conscious choice. 

One difference between GTY and QH. 

GTY has never said he does anything for ML. 

When he schemed his way through to marry her, he said "to get you". "Determined to get you, the trouble I went to get this marriage."

When he truly does something for her, protecting her, no one needs to know, no rewards required. 

While QH claimed to do things for ML, it was never for her benefit, and she has never benefited from it. All he has done is caused her harm, and yet in his head, he believes it's for her. 

At the end of the day, It comes down to choices that each makes. 

And those choices are driven by priorities. 

Sometimes, there are no bad person, but all victims nonetheless. 

QH was a victim of his circumstances, and of his naivete. 

He has his priorities. He made his choice to let ML go. Arguably, his circumstances left him with little choice, but sometimes, until we try it, we will never know how the path will end...

GTY made his choice, to fight for her. He made her his priority over his friendship with QH. 

Whether the choices they made was good or bad, it depends on which and whose pov we take. 

Well said. This is why I like this drama so much.

3 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

MN is a maniac & wicked tool. I really hope nothing happens to the son. TY hurt & angry in the spur of the moment & ML somewhat muddled in this whole ordeal makes me :unsure:. Oh these cuties.

If I can manifest myself into this show I'd beat the daylights out of TY's stepmom & aunties. TY literally helped third brother out of prison but the stepmom continues to be an ungrateful turd.

Isn't the son drop dead already or I'm missing something?

1 hour ago, Suzzy San said:

Wow.. I just want to clap for whoever wrote this masterpiece and gemlike post.. like.. Omg such a vast and broad view.. Sorry for cutting the post.. Just wanted to say this was the part that hit me the most, intellectually he understands her as the big madam of the house, but emotionally he is not able to fathom that the wife he loves dearly is OK with him taking another woman to bed right under her nose.. So he is unable to see her forced 'I'm ok'.. And also ML also thinks he understands her predicaments but doesn't really know that, this string and cunning marquis is someone so sensitive to the matters of the heart.. What an interesting piece.. Seriously, I thank you for this post. :thumbsup::heart:

There's a misunderstanding between them and they need to talk it out. But I doubt even if GTY speaks out loud that he loves her and will protect her through anything, ML still can not fully let herself loose. A man's promise on loving forever is the last thing to trust. However, ML can be more natural and comfortable in front of GTY.

It's the problem of that era. No women want to share their husband but they had to pretend to be happy otherwise bad reputation for being jealousy (Jealousy is one of women's 7 great sins and a man can divorce his wife if she got jealous and forbid him to have concubine). All the women know that. All the men know that but pretend not to. It was a distorted time.

5 hours ago, doubleicon said:

It's honestly so irrating, like just say you're bias towards GTY and move on. lol the same person, just keeps saying the same thing and its like okay we get it, GTY is the big bad wolf to you, ok alright, what's new. jeez. 

Yes, I like GTY, and I am defending him. QH irritates me to no end so I'm criticizing him. So? Other people can be biased towards QH and defend QH try to find faults in my favorite character, who I think does nothing wrong, to make QH looks good, I don't agree with it, so I'm defending him.

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont think his mother died at his both didnt his mother die while she was pregnant with the second child? GTY was still young then im pretty sure or was that how the book went and im pretty sure she was like 7 or lower when she lost her mum .

Oh I must have missed that then, and as I have never read the book its hard to follow everything its so intense

it would be so fantastic if I could read the book but its only in chinese therefore with a translator it would take me years to read

I love  this story

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont think his mother died at his both didnt his mother die while she was pregnant with the second child? GTY was still young then im pretty sure or was that how the book went and im pretty sure she was like 7 or lower when she lost her mum .

No he was a little toddler when she passed away.

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Really who cares if  he knew QH still like her?Thats irrelevant since he threw away that change with her and marry someone else she was not going to go though any of that with him again.

She is not some consolation prize thats always going to be there waiting.GTY knew what an amazing women she was so he went to extraordinary lengths to marry her.

She was happy/angry at  what he did because no one has ever went that far for her.She knew he someone like her that she can count on and make plans with.

But what is most importantly she can be herself and he really loves that side of her.He treats her as an equal.

I agree @dramaninja... 

5 hours ago, minglan1 said:

I loved the empress in episode 54.She unlike her husband is a smart lady who recognized the intelligence of ML.Empress asked ML to help patch up the differences between her brother and his wife.Doing so  would also restore the reputation of ML which was torn to shreds by the daughter of Duke of Ying.

What better way than to let the one who embarrasses you restore your honor.

Marquis Gu and Marchioness Minglan are still busy with trying to make the other understand what love means in their respective dictionary.

They can serve as a perfect case study on what are the barriers to effective communication.:lol:

The master's woes in love is soon to befall Shitou too.Xiaotao is unhappy with him and is even planning to forsake the fried cherries he gets for her.:D

Evil stepmom has found her soul sister in Aunty Kang to step up her plotting.Add ED to the mix and the evil recipe to bring down the power couple is almost ready.

@minglan1  XiaoTao and Shitou are a cute couple. Shitou is following his master courtship plan to woo XiaoTao through her stomach. I wonder if XiaoTao knows she is being courted. 

5 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Let's face it. Every character in the show is flawed, one way or another. Makes them human. Makes them more relatable. 

GTY is far from a saint. Or a gentleman. 

In fact, when ML called him evil, a ruffian and a scoundrel, he didn't even rebuke her. 

Because he knows its not untrue. 

He schemed his way into marrying her. 

Man to man, bro to bro, I wouldn't disagree that he let QH down. Pretentious, playing dumb with him. But it's calculated move. 

He seems to be fully aware that QH will be angry, and it seems that he made a choice, and take the risk of losing his friendship with QH for ML. 

Whether or not he truly will help QH when he made the offer to him previously becomes irrelevant, because fact is, QH didn't choose that, we would never know. It will always be a what-if zone. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't.

One thing I do like about GTY. He takes responsibility when he sees his mistakes. He admits his mistakes, and try to mend his ways, and make up for it.

He does that with his children. 

He doesn't see his action as a mistake. It was a conscious choice. 

One difference between GTY and QH. 

GTY has never said he does anything for ML. 

When he schemed his way through to marry her, he said "to get you". "Determined to get you, the trouble I went to get this marriage."

When he truly does something for her, protecting her, no one needs to know, no rewards required. 

While QH claimed to do things for ML, it was never for her benefit, and she has never benefited from it. All he has done is caused her harm, and yet in his head, he believes it's for her. 

At the end of the day, It comes down to choices that each makes. 

And those choices are driven by priorities. 

Sometimes, there are no bad person, but all victims nonetheless. 

QH was a victim of his circumstances, and of his naivete. 

He has his priorities. He made his choice to let ML go. Arguably, his circumstances left him with little choice, but sometimes, until we try it, we will never know how the path will end...

GTY made his choice, to fight for her. He made her his priority over his friendship with QH. 

Whether the choices they made was good or bad, it depends on which and whose pov we take. 

I love GTY’s character because even though he is flawed he always takes responsibility for his actions.  I noticed some fans think GTY is taking advantage of the Emperor but I see it so differently.  TBH , the Emperor is kind , paranoid and very cautious. Maybe some dislike the way  he goes about it but his intentions aren’t to do harm to others but about survival. He spent his entire life fighting to survive. I sometimes wonder if the assassination attempt on GTY when he was young was the only assassination attempt. If it wasn’t, it wasn’t shown but wouldn’t it explain why GTY grew up the way he did by manipulating things to get his way. I see a man who believes he can never get what he wants the honest way so he had to work the hardest to grant his wishes. 

What do you think chingu’s

5 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I love GTY’s character because even though he is flawed he always takes responsibility for his actions.  I noticed some fans think GTY is taking advantage of the Emperor but I see it so differently.  TBH , the Emperor is kind , paranoid and very cautious. Maybe some dislike the way  he goes about it but his intentions aren’t to do harm to others but about survival. He spent his entire life fighting to survive. I sometimes wonder if the assassination attempt on GTY when he was young was the only assassination attempt. If it wasn’t, it wasn’t shown but wouldn’t it explain why GTY grew up the way he did by manipulating things to get his way. I see a man who believes he can never get what he wants the honest way so he had to work the hardest to grant his wishes. 

What do you think chingu’s

@UnniSarah  Yes I also love his flawed stright to the point character, GTY hold nothing back, Sometimes he has to do things in ways of manipulation in the court but it's not to hurt anyone nor do the King understands all the things that goes on until GTY breaks it down and explain it to him.. One would think by now he'll be running the court without the dowager posted up behind him.. 

The assasination attempt on his life was just as it was to kill him.. And even now Evil step mom and his mom family wishes him to be dead.. They'll do everything within there power to try and take everything from ML..  Luckily she'll give birth to more then one heir.. I'm looking forward to them all finding out she's pregnant and what lengths step mom would go through to have her miscarry maybe evem wishes to finish her off..   

1 hour ago, Sirry Usly said:

I think both of your opinions are valid. However, I agree with yours more though because QH's behavior keeps harming ML and it's annoying me. 

Some people just get too heated when their biased are talked about. That’s why I steer clear from playing favorites in dramas and look from a perspective of every angle of their circumstances that shapes their character, and how each character affects the choices that are made. I know they all have faults and not a saint that does no wrong. Even our heroine has her moments too. 

EPISODE 53: 

I can’t stop laughing at GTY. He is so childish making the defenseless sleeping beauty ML smell his dirty socks. :joy: I’m literally dying. I thought he would draw on her face next as well. And when ML woke up to GTY her smile was so cute I was awed that she was very pleased to wake up with hubby by her side and didn’t sleep with the concubine. I was grinning. That’s how you do it GTY. In fact I think that concubine brought them closer. ML getting the taste of what it’s like giving her man to another woman. ML wakes up and asked GTY why he’s in her room? My my ML were you dreaming last night? 

I am really surprised Ml opened up to QH wife. She had a heart to heart conversation with her. But I see her motives because she sees QH wife have her motives too. She doesn’t want anymore unnecessary fights with those who were just used to wrongly accused and trouble ML and GTY. Even though QH wife understands, one thing though that I feel ML shouldn’t have done was to confront QH. 

Even though all things have been said and done, she really doesn’t need to tell QH, to stop loving her. Even if she’s doing it to reassure his wife and for QH benefit... You can’t force someone to stop loving you just as no one can force ML to forget the grudge on her mother. QH may never forget ML in his lifetime just as ML won’t forget her mother in her lifetime.

Whether it’s ML, GTY, QH wife, or his parents no one has the right to take away what he holds in his heart. He is after all the one who has to confront his inner demons and his broken heart.. It’s unfortunate though that he doesn’t have his trusted aid any longer nor a CB in his life that’ll be there to listen to him, to guide him, and to comfort him without ridiculing him nor judging him. Thus, he could only find solace in his work and face his inner demons alone. ZYLs explosive reaction was really spot on of someone who has been holding it in during the confrontation with GTY and with ML. I think he needs a few chopsticks and pottery to smash, that’ll do him a little good. 

GTY also had his predicaments. He rose above it but like ML said every man wants to live his life in peace and when they have hatred and grudges it is like blade slicing through the heart everyday of their life. GTY and ML should know first hand that it takes time to heal, forgive, and forget. That’s why I’m glad our girl ML, understands that it takes QH time as well... She was only pissed when QH tried to hug her, that’s why I believe she really didn’t need to confront him anymore and let time do all the healing and his own self reflecting. 

When QH yelled he regret everyday and shouted all the things he regretted rings a bell to my head. These exact words were the knife that GTY sliced through his heart... I feel that if only GTY would have not disregarded QH feelings, perhaps if I were in his shoes I would totally be the first to say I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I also fell in love with ML. You can hate me, curse me, punch me. Let it out but I assure you that your love for her, I will pay it double and taking her from you wouldn’t be in vain. I’m sure if GTY had confronted QH in that manner as heart to heart man to man brother to brother. Possibly they would’ve come to an understanding. And ML wouldn’t need to confront QH. But I guess ML is the voice of reason who to do a better job to let QH know what’s up.

Just like when ML was frank with QH wife... I think she did a good job. She really knows how to win someone. 

Firtstly you don’t accuse them of something whether they are guilty or not...

Second, you don’t retaliate with scornful words. Third, you get them to sympathize with you. And last, show that you have a common goal and is beneficial to both.

I could not sit through the scenes of Aunty Kang and stepmom. Stepmom really knows how to borrow someone’s knife without dirtying her hands. Aunty Kang looks like she can murder someone with her hands and wouldn’t flinch. 

QH and his Ms.Shen are a compatible couple.Both can't handle their problems and need to vent/irk the person they believe has wronged them.

They are perfect examples of children of rich nobles who hold themselves in high esteem and thus any problem coming their way is due to someone else.

The contrast between them and the Gu pair is sharply drawn. ML has no patience for people who can't see things in perspective and bring her trouble.Having experienced what being cherished truly means by GTY she wouldn't cut QH any slack for troubling him.

When the time comes she will go to any lengths to fight for GTY as she did for her mom.

Witnessing that would comfort Marquis Gu's heart forever. He is fiercely loyal to the people who care and stand by him.

He wouldn't bat an eyelid to face the harshest of situation to make sure ML can be safe and sound.

Archived