[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

1 hour ago, deslynn88 said:

Manniang comes back and the first thing she does is try to blackmail him to make her a concubine before she return his son to him.  That golddigging trash!

I thought I saw someone post that she was actually sent to him by his step-mother.  Is that true?

Grrrrrrrrrrr what a hateful and shameless hussy this Manniang.  In the trailer she even rejected Rong'er just so she would be a constant reminder to Minglan that Rong'er has a mum and it is not her who born the daughter.  What a scheming b**ch :triumph:  Gold digger matches her exactly too.

Now I am waiting for Minglan to get preggo and make GTY a proud papa.  And grandma great ganny :D  I like the way she out manouver her dowager empress who tried to fob her maids to all the others LOLLLLLLLLLLL

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, leeza77 said:
  Hide contents

She came back without the son.. In the mv, there is a scene where gty cried in front of grave (?) . I guess chang'er has died before manniang came back. 

Qh's opposed to gty pleading for his relative before the emperor.. I want to believe that qh just doing his job, but... My heart feel that qh really holding a grudge vs gty. 

Spoiler

I think QH is just doing his job. The facial expression of QH at the end, after GTY told emperor that he would share the punishment of his Gu three brothers, wasn’t joyful or cunning. His expression was more like he is confused and couldn’t believe GTY would take others’ punishment. Like yesterday’s preview with divorcing ML, we cannot take the small clip as face value yet :D Need to see the whole scene and what QH did afterwards :D  I think some weibo posts and YouTube videos claiming drama/ characters ending or predictions are not true. So, QH turning bitter and going against GTY might not be true. 

1 hour ago, deslynn88 said:

Manniang comes back and the first thing she does is try to blackmail him to make her a concubine before she return his son to him.  That golddigging trash!

I thought I saw someone post that she was actually sent to him by his step-mother.  Is that true?

In the book, she wasn't originally sent by his stepmom, in the drama not yet mentioned. However, when ML was pregnant and GTY was away, she was called back by stepmom and they worked together against ML. They had the same goal: they didn't want ML's child to be born.

6 hours ago, deslynn88 said:

Spoiler

According to GTY and ML conversation in the preview, she was caught by GTY’s people from Yang Zhou. She told them that Chan’er (the son) was dead but GTY didn’t believe her words as she lied to him many times before. So, he was thinking to trick Maniang by making her think she would become concubine and change after they find the son. However, ML was doubtful saying that Maniang was requesting to serve GTY just one night but this woman is very cunning. After fulfilling her one request, it is not sure that she would make other requests. I think that’s why they let the daughter Rong’er talk to her mother about the son. However, Maniang also told the daughter that her brother is dead. She also accused her daughter of living in comfort while she was wandering around poor. The daughter said she doesn’t mind living at village with her. Ma Niang then said she wants the daughter to live with ML so that she can be reminded to ML that she wasn’t born of ML but of her Maniang. So, we have to see whether Maniang is telling the truth about the son’s death or not.

14 hours ago, m0us3y said:

If the ending theme painting is of any indication, the part where ML hit the gong and tried to save GTY is a bit later...

So, during her pregnancy theres fire, and also an assassination? 

Because in the trailer, there was a scene where ML seem to have a complete meltdown and trying to shield something, with someone trying to stab them or something

Spoiler

It is right after ML gave birth to her child, not sure first or second. The drama might just show one child birth. It was Kang Yinaing trying to stab the child and/or ML and ML is trying to protect. I’m sure it is not Maniang or step-mom. The face is not clear but the features look like Kang. 

So, poisoning of grandma might happen during last trimester of pregnancy, and then, during and right after delivery, step-mom sets up fire and Kang Yima tries to stab the baby and/or ML.

From the trailer, I also think the woman wearing read dress trying to stab GTY is not step-mom but it was Maniang. It is also shown that step-mom went crazy and started thrashing spiritual tablets in Gu ancestral room.

1 hour ago, linhlinh111 said:

In the book, she wasn't originally sent by his stepmom, in the drama not yet mentioned. However, when ML was pregnant and GTY was away, she was called back by stepmom and they worked together against ML. They had the same goal: they didn't want ML's child to be born.

Spoiler

I thought in the novel, Maniang goes there twice. First time was on her own with the son, but something goes wrong and she’s kicked out again. Second time was when ML was heavily pregnant and stepmom let her into the Fu to try and make ML go into premature labor hoping that it would kill both mother and child. Maniang was trying to attack ML during this whole ordeal but ML’s maids were able to stop Maniang (shown in trailers). ML goes into labor through all that and gives birth safely so since original plan failed, Stepmom’s had bribed a worker to set fire to try and kill them that way but GTY gets there in time to save them (think we see snippets of all this in the trailers). 

After this, instead or beating, killing, or charging Maniang, GTY banned Manniang from entering the capital which caused another rift with ML cause she was upset that GTY didn’t go all crazy upset like ML did when Grandma was poisoned. But GTY didn’t want the children to resent ML. Rong’er decided to live with Maniang outside to prevent Maniang from using her as an excuse to stay in the residence because she really like ML. Son dies later when Maniang was dragging him around trying to follow GTY on military campaigns but guess they had to change that part in order to not have more episodes.

1 hour ago, Golden Flower said:

Hide contents

It is right after ML gave birth to her child, not sure first or second. The drama might just show one child birth. It was Kang Yinaing trying to stab the child or ML and ML is trying to protect. I’m sure it is not Maniang or step-mom. The face is not clear but the features look like Kang. 

So, poisoning of grandma might happen during last trimester of pregnancy, during and right after delivery, step-mom sets up fire and Kang Yima tries to stab the baby and/or ML.

From the trailer, I also think the woman wearing read dress trying to stab GTY is not step-mom but it was Maniang. It is also shown that step-mom went crazy and started trashing spiritual tablets in Gu ancestral room.

It looked like it was either Maniang or Stepmom in the red trying to stab GTY.

Spoiler
10 hours ago, cherubstomato said:

No one in this kingdom is reliable.

He is a good man and takes care of me.

This is great

but it’s best not to place too much hopes on him.

Everyone has their predicaments.

Even if you are to put your hopes, don’t make it too much or too deep.

The more hopes you have, the more disappointed you will be.

Once there are too much disappointments, you’ll develop grudges.

Once you bear these grudges all your life, you’ll develop hatred and your days will become unbearable to live.

I love everything that ML said. She has such profound insight I almost believed it is Buddha speaking to me telling me, All life is suffering, suffering is caused by attachments. Lol 

But ML is not Buddha and she doesn’t know what the future will bring. 

Her views may sound pessimistic or untrusting to others but I believe she is someone that doesn’t live for the moment. Because she is like this she understands the ups and downs of life. This is why she is strong minded and if ever a catastrophe falls on her/family. She will be able to pick herself/family back up. This is why I believe she is perfect match to GTY whom I believe is more suspicious of others. 

I think that GTY and ML both misunderstand each other. Their days are long. Patience, prudence, and good communication is all they need and the rest will follow...

If GTY wants to prove that ML is wrong and that he will only love her and will be loyal to her no matter what. Then he best take those words she spoke to heart. You can give and show but don’t expect and put too much hopes on her that it becomes unbearable and you start to resent her. ML is the woman he will share the rest of his life with. He needs to take things one step at a time and not overwhelm her.... The good things he can do/give to her, as long as he stays true to himself will be reciprocated in the long run without asking/expecting. ML is afterall not Buddha or a Saint no matter how hard she tries to be she will notice his efforts... 

I loved her insight on that too. 

But it's also quite sad because we could see GTY was also quite sad. 

But it seemed the show indicated that she is the way she is because of the dad, as the maid pointed out that she seems to be talking about the dad instead. 

Good point about GTY should take note tho. Don't expect too much in return...

I do think you're right. They are both misunderstood, misaligned slightly. 

But it's still early days for them. They have a solid foundation to build on, so with time, trials and tribulations, they will get there...

47 minutes ago, deslynn88 said:

I gotta say, all this scheming from jealous other women (and men) is getting a bit tiring.  This is such an over done plot in every single C-drama, always using these jealous 2D stock characters to make the main couple look good.

Then dont watch this type of drama?

Also im not sure what GTY was trying to say during the rain scene ,im not sure what he wanted or why he was annoyed there. 

12 minutes ago, m0us3y said:
  Hide contents

I loved her insight on that too. 

But it's also quite sad because we could see GTY was also quite sad. 

But it seemed the show indicated that she is the way she is because of the dad, as the maid pointed out that she seems to be talking about the dad instead. 

Good point about GTY should take note tho. Don't expect too much in return...

I do think you're right. They are both misunderstood, misaligned slightly. 

But it's still early days for them. They have a solid foundation to build on, so with time, trials and tribulations, they will get there...

What i didnt like is when ML says something like that she must treat GTY like he's him ( her dad ). GTY and her dad are completely different person. Not all men are the same but yea i understand why ML is like this but its still upsetting.

From the preview, it seems like the stabbing of GTY will happen soon. In one scene GTY said to ML that MN wants him for another night. And the next scene when GTY was talking to ML, he has a bandage with blood across his chest. 

Reckon MN tried to stab him during their "night" together. 

And MN gets thrown into the storeroom?

In episode 44 ED plots to bring the downfall of GTY because he is loyal and the most intelligent among the trusted aides of the new emperor.She might be the reason behind GTY  being jailed.The troubles come from all direction for ML and GTY without a breather. :(

I love their playful banter it balances the kitchen and palace politics well.

QH seemed to be pretty miffed with GTY. Didn't  even speak to him when they met at the palace corridors..

Manniang and ED 's sinister schemes, Marquis title up for grabs..the plot thickens from all sides.

9 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

From the preview, it seems like the stabbing of GTY will happen soon. In one scene GTY said to ML that MN wants him for another night. And the next scene when GTY was talking to ML, he has a bandage with blood across his chest. 

Reckon MN tried to stab him during their "night" together. 

And MN gets thrown into the storeroom?

What GTY and that girl MN doing for their night???? 

58 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Then dont watch this type of drama?

Also im not sure what GTY was trying to say during the rain scene ,im not sure what he wanted or why he was annoyed there. 

It's actually nothing, it was just a lovey dovey scene.. Nothing much intended there but we all are just over seeing that scene.. GTY was just being sulky and childish over the matter and when ML said she will do better, he was like that's not why I'm angry.. So it's just a normal scene of GTY and ML's lovely and teasing side

35 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

What GTY and that girl MN doing for their night???? 

MN said GTY should be with her for another night and that's how she will tell him about his son.. But GTY and ML plans to trick her into saying it while pretending as if she will actually spend the night with him 

4 minutes ago, Suzzy San said:

MN said GTY should be with her for another night and that's how she will tell him about his son.. But GTY and ML plans to trick her into saying it while pretending as if she will actually spend the night with him 

Ohhhhhh oh my god. And i here thinking dirty wtf. I knew GTY wouldnt do that with her too cus he loves ML. I just dont know why my brain is like this yikes. Lol you guys are smart and know how to use the right words to describe things, i always feel dumb in these threads. 

It's hard to find this type of drama where female lead turn out to be in spotlight  , how she uses her witting/cleverness to rules out all the unforseen plan from her path..
--------------------
tumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo1_500.giftumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo2_500.giftumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo3_500.gif

get yourself a man like this

tumblr_plrnp1ZQKU1r1my6mo4_500.gif

Archived