[Drama 2017] Live Up To Your Name, Dr. Heo 명불허전

Admin

@littlebluecat here you go. This is not my fav episode because i think i roughly calculated, there are about 7 to 8 times of rejection from HI towards YK :wacko: but i just link afew here. 

Spoiler

Look at the 1st staring moment he stares at her, he had a very heavy heart to reject her but he still do it ...

7PM5r83.gif 

The cake box scene you requested here,

P0S70Kl.gif 

And final is ...my fav choice of scene

N7iOve6.gif 

Chinguuuuuuu @vangsweetie637 long time no see :tongue::D

Get some rest chingu ...Don't over marathon.

bEI3896.gif

My eyes look like this now HAHAHAHAH:lol:

Bye all lovely chingussss ((hugs)) *Muaks:kiss_wink:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, maybe someone already answer this or asked this. And maybe I'm missing the answer. I just realized when I re-watching the drama that I forgot to asked this question.

Actually, why Heo Im didn't like to be called 참봉/Superintendent? Is it some ranks or something in Joseon?

56 minutes ago, fans123 said:

@littlebluecat here you go. This is not my fav episode because i think i roughly calculated, there are about 7 to 8 times of rejection from HI towards YK :wacko: but i just link afew here. 

Hide contents

Look at the 1st staring moment he stares at her, he had a very heavy heart to reject her but he still do it ...

7PM5r83.gif 

The cake box scene you requested here,

P0S70Kl.gif 

And final is ...my fav choice of scene

N7iOve6.gif  

Oh my thanks for responding to my request @fans123. Yes, indeed this episode is a depressing one. But I really like HI's look here. Wearing all black and looking serious made him look sexier. 

Get some rest now chingu. :heart:

8 hours ago, minbongyi said:

Guys, maybe someone already answer this or asked this. And maybe I'm missing the answer. I just realized when I re-watching the drama that I forgot to asked this question.

Actually, why Heo Im didn't like to be called 참봉/Superintendent? Is it some ranks or something in Joseon?

Yes it was his rank at the time. I think he hated it because it reminded him that he could be in higher position after serving for so many years. But he's been stuck in that position because of HJ.

45 minutes ago, littlebluecat said:

Yes it was his rank at the time. I think he hated it because it reminded him that he could be in higher position after serving for so many years. But he's been stucked in that position because of HJ.

I think it must be a "rank" in term. Don't know why, but I think it's more than just a rank. I mean, not only him who get annoyed to be called Superintendent, but some people like YK get shocked when HI being called Superintendent. Like this title contain some "bad meaning", that's why YK using this title to insult HI in ep 6 when she's still mad of HI action which refuse dying patient and heal the riches. Doochil also using this title to insult HI too.

I also think the same as you, but looking at other character's reaction when he being called Superintendent, I think this title is has some problem in meaning. It may only "annoying meaning" when MG called HI like that, but it turn out to be "bad meaning" when other character said it. More like insult.

1 hour ago, minbongyi said:

I think it must be a "rank" in term. Don't know why, but I think it's more than just a rank. I mean, not only him who get annoyed to be called Superintendent, but some people like YK get shocked when HI being called Superintendent. Like this title contain some "bad meaning", that's why YK using this title to insult HI in ep 6 when she's still mad of HI action which refuse dying patient and heal the riches. Doochil also using this title to insult HI too.

I also think the same as you, but looking at other character's reaction when he being called Superintendent, I think this title is has some problem in meaning. It may only "annoying meaning" when MG called HI like that, but it turn out to be "bad meaning" when other character said it. More like insult.

Not sure if there was another meaning behind that. I gotta go and watch again. 

7 hours ago, minbongyi said:

Chosun officials consists of 9 ranks, with upper and lower sub-rank(s) in each. 9th rank is the lowest, while 참봉 is the lowest within the 9th rank. It is not hard to imagine how HI must had felt when he was stuck in the lowest of the lowest for like 10 years....

4 hours ago, minbongyi said:
5 hours ago, littlebluecat said:

Not sure if there was another meaning behind that. I gotta go and watch again. 

maybe because of HI's mother is a slave, so thats why people call him chambong (참봉)

4 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Chosun officials consists of 9 ranks, with upper and lower sub-rank(s) in each. 9th rank is the lowest, while 참봉 is the lowest within the 9th rank. It is not hard to imagine how HI must had felt when he was stuck in the lowest of the lowest for like 10 years....

I see. But like I see to the reaction from each character, it creates some different meaning besides only "rank".

Or is it only me who thinks like this. Hahahahaa. Maybe I'm too serious to watch :lol: ⤵️

10 hours ago, minbongyi said:

20 hours ago, littlebluecat said:

Oh my thanks for responding to my request @fans123. Yes, indeed this episode is a depressing one. But I really like HI's look here. Wearing all black and looking serious made him look sexier. 

Get some rest now chingu. :heart:

You are welcome :). Black made him look more skinny though. I rather he wear baggy with his fluffy hair in the earlier epidodes hahaha:lol:

9 hours ago, minbongyi said:

I see. But like I see to the reaction from each character, it creates some different meaning besides only "rank".

Or is it only me who thinks like this. Hahahahaa. Maybe I'm too serious to watch :lol: ⤵️

You got me thinking. Generally people are able to accept the truth came out from own family rather than friend or the "other way round" too. It could be the same case when Mg said it to Hi, he can accept it better than from Yk. 

The scene where he kneel down begging minister of war ....that I think was something he would rather Yk not knowing but it's ok if Mg sees it because Mg is from the past world just like him. The things Mg and him went through in their world only they are able to understand it. 

I may not be correct but that's how I see it. 

@LyraYoo thank you for the post/pics, and missed you at the ending!

and @vangsweetie637 I don't know if I"ll have the connectivity to participate but think your idea is a great one and hopefully some Soompiers who went through the first time will participate, too.  

Have been re-watching 1 or 2 eps a day lately.  Second time around, I was a bit shocked to notice how different KNG and KAJ physically look in ep 1 and 2 compared to my last sight of them ep 16 (and I don't mean HI's hair). Less dimension to their characters in their faces. 

By ep 8-10 the change seems so obvious as their characters and the story deepen. Their faces and voices, not to mention dialogue and actions, more complex, expressing their character’s growth. 

Has been fun to remember myself encountering everything for the first time, the unexpected comedy, tragedy and less fresh with it all now – and how it was to share enthusiasm on the thread as we went together week by week. 

Appreciating LUTYN and soompi experience all over again.:heart:

Does anyone know re story line?   I don’t think we ever found out about JH’s father, who Grandpa Ma says was “useless” and who died in some way alluded to but not clarified.  Did I miss what the disagreement and death circumstances were? And I wasn’t clear on why JK’s Grandpa argued so much with her father, something Grandpa says he regrets.  Thanks for any help!

28 minutes ago, kdyes said:

@LyraYoo thank you for the post/pics, and missed you at the ending!

and @vangsweetie637 I don't know if I"ll have the connectivity to participate but think your idea is a great one and hopefully some Soompiers who went through the first time will participate, too.  

Have been re-watching 1 or 2 eps a day lately.  Second time around, I was a bit shocked to notice how different KNG and KAJ physically look in ep 1 and 2 compared to my last sight of them ep 16 (and I don't mean HI's hair). Less dimension to their characters in their faces. 

By ep 8-10 the change seems so obvious as their characters and the story deepen. Their faces and voices, not to mention dialogue and actions, more complex, expressing their character’s growth. 

Has been fun to remember myself encountering everything for the first time, the unexpected comedy, tragedy and less fresh with it all now – and how it was to share enthusiasm on the thread as we went together week by week. 

Does anyone know re story line?   I don’t think we ever found out about JH’s father, who Grandpa Ma says was “useless” and who died in some way alluded to but not clarified.  Did I miss what the disagreement and death circumstances were? And I wasn’t clear on why JK’s Grandpa argued so much with her father, something Grandpa says he regrets.  Thanks for any help!

Yes. The writer didn’t close that loop about JH’s father. And I feel it would have been better if more of Heo Jun, Dr.Ma and Grandfather story was revealed. All was just a summary. It would have been good to have a bit more details of Heo Jun’s time in modern world top. But I guess they didn’t have enough time to deal with every detail. And if they have to cut down on HI-YK romantic scenes to tell more of the story, then i’d rather go without a more detailed explanation of the sub plots. Haha.^_^

3 hours ago, fans123 said:

You got me thinking. Generally people are able to accept the truth came out from own family rather than friend or the "other way round" too. It could be the same case when Mg said it to Hi, he can accept it better than from Yk. 

The scene where he kneel down begging minister of war ....that I think was something he would rather Yk not knowing but it's ok if Mg sees it because Mg is from the past world just like him. The things Mg and him went through in their world only they are able to understand it. 

I may not be correct but that's how I see it. 

Let me go with this pov as well. Hahahaa. I think it's only me who take the character expression too seriously. Lmao xD

1 hour ago, kdyes said:

Same here. Already reach ep 10 now. There so many aspect that left being unanswered. Fortunately it wasn't something that left a cliffhanger like who's JH father and what kind of problem he had with Director Ma, also what's the problem between YK father and Grandpa Choi that makes both of them quarreling before YK father get an accident. And it's still a big question mark about what the hell going between HJ, Grandpa Choi, and Director Ma 20 years ago. All I get only some disclosure of this sub plot but we didn't get a proper enclosure. But it's okay for me.

Also we also didn't know about how that needle case works in both HJ and HI, and Grandpa Choi's book which may contain "HJ prediction" it was like diary actually. You know, the old book that we see in Grandpa Choi's mini table. It's remain a mystery. Just like @leba said, I'd rather go with YK-HI main story than the sub plot. Sometimes sub plot can annoyed the main plot. In LUTYN case, this sub plot is was okay being unanswered

Archived