[Drama 2017] Live Up To Your Name, Dr. Heo 명불허전

Admin

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, kdyes said:

Have been re-watching 1 or 2 eps a day lately.  Second time around, I was a bit shocked to notice how different KNG and KAJ physically look in ep 1 and 2 compared to my last sight of them ep 16 (and I don't mean HI's hair). Less dimension to their characters in their faces. 

By ep 8-10 the change seems so obvious as their characters and the story deepen. Their faces and voices, not to mention dialogue and actions, more complex, expressing their character’s growth. 

Has been fun to remember myself encountering everything for the first time, the unexpected comedy, tragedy and less fresh with it all now – and how it was to share enthusiasm on the thread as we went together week by week. 

Appreciating LUTYN and soompi experience all over again.:heart:

Does anyone know re story line?   I don’t think we ever found out about JH’s father, who Grandpa Ma says was “useless” and who died in some way alluded to but not clarified.  Did I miss what the disagreement and death circumstances were? And I wasn’t clear on why JK’s Grandpa argued so much with her father, something Grandpa says he regrets.  Thanks for any help!

Sorry to cut it, i also curious about that story line. Maybe the writer forgot to explain to us, haha! I thought the drama is 20ep but only 16ep. They should make it to 20ep, so they can explain all the story line and show us HI & YK happiness. :D

I joined soompi wayback 2009 and i just opened my account "again" today because i wanted to tell you guys how much i liked the drama live up to your name. :) For me it is the BEST drama that tvN ever came up with after goblin. :) i usually don't post a comment every time i finished a drama but this drama really caught my attention! :) 

The reasons why i love this drama is that:

1. The plot, the acting and the chemistry felt so real :)
2. The kind of drama that is unpredictable, full of surprises, and leaving you that questioning mind on how will it ends. :)
3. Is a kind of drama that even there are many spoilers for the last episode people are still clueless about the ending. :)
4. The first drama that makes me refresh twitter and instagram every 5mins to know what's going on. :)
5. I don't have second lead syndrome because their chemistry is sooo good! :)
6. Also the first drama that i had to watch the Raw version just to know what's going to happen next and wait every 3am just to check if there is already a Subbed version. :) And last but not the least...
7. I have never had the urge to ship any straight couple so strong like I do for this #kimkimcouple. 2764.png2764.png2764.png

Here is the list OST Live Up to Your Name...https://sleeplessaliana.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/live-up-to-your-name-dr-heo-명불허전-full-osttracklistlyrics/

No.    Song Title                                                                     Artist
1.    Here I Am    민경훈                                              Min Kyung Hoon
2.    ALWAYS    효린                                                    Hyorin
3.    Beauty Queen 바버렛츠                                     The Barberettes
4.    Not Gonna Wait 박재중                                      Parc Jae Joong
5.    Dream Or Reality 카더가든                                Car, The Garden
6.    혜민서 Hyeminseo                                              Various Artists
7.    미스터 허 Mister Heo                                         Various Artists
8.    돌아온 히어로 The Return Hero                       Various Artists
9.    명불허임 Live Up To Your Name, Heo Im       Various Artists
10.  명인 Master                                                        Various Artists
11.  시간의 운명 The Fate of Time                         Various Artists
12.  Romantic Guy                                                     Various Artists
13.  Busy Now                                                            Various Artists
14.  꼭 살려야 한다 Must Live                                  Various Artists
15.  트라우마 Trauma                                               Various Artists
16.  비밀의 치료술 Secret Cure                               Various Artists
17.  이것은 무엇인고 What Is This                          Various Artists
18.  신세계 행진곡 The New World March             Various Artists
19.  삶과 죽음 Life and Death                                   Various Artists
20.  숙명 Fatality                                                         Various Artists
21.  잊혀진 기억 Forgotten Memory                       Various Artists
22.  해결사 Solver                                                       Various Artists
23.  명불허전 Title Live Up To Your Name, Dr. Heo (Title)        Various Artists

You can check the music here ... http://music.bugs.co.kr/album/20122718  the duration around 1 minute and the composer will be shown ... Daniel Lee is the composer of The Fate of Time (background music when HI & YK doing travel time). 

@ImKyung episode 13's kiss scene on the beach background music: I can't find it yet. Maybe you already know?
episode 16's heartbreaking parting scene accompanied by that upcoming-time-travelling background music:  that would be 'The Fate of Time' 

@minbongyi Finally I find someone who also a fan of Hans Zimmer's music. There are other name which I admire such as Rachel Portman (the cider house rules, the lake house, ), James Newton Howard (dying young), Ralf Wengenmayr (Love, Rosie), Ilan Eshkeri (The Young Victoria), Ramin Djawadi (Games of Thrones).

@limitedsin25 I didn't find the original score for kiss scene on the beach yet... :( 

@martanur I don't know much actually, only some Scorer that I know. Hans Zimmer is one of them. Hahahaa.

I just recheck the album on Bugs, it's only 1 minute long, only for preview. And I found some BGM didn't get included inside. Buy let me checked again once I got the full version. Finally I'll get a new ringtone for my phone with Mr. Heo. Muahahahahaaa 

11 hours ago, martanur said:

Here is the list OST Live Up to Your Name...https://sleeplessaliana.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/live-up-to-your-name-dr-heo-명불허전-full-osttracklistlyrics/

No.    Song Title                                                                     Artist
1.    Here I Am    민경훈                                              Min Kyung Hoon
2.    ALWAYS    효린                                                    Hyorin
3.    Beauty Queen 바버렛츠                                     The Barberettes
4.    Not Gonna Wait 박재중                                      Parc Jae Joong
5.    Dream Or Reality 카더가든                                Car, The Garden
6.    혜민서 Hyeminseo                                              Various Artists
7.    미스터 허 Mister Heo                                         Various Artists
8.    돌아온 히어로 The Return Hero                       Various Artists
9.    명불허임 Live Up To Your Name, Heo Im       Various Artists
10.  명인 Master                                                        Various Artists
11.  시간의 운명 The Fate of Time                         Various Artists
12.  Romantic Guy                                                     Various Artists
13.  Busy Now                                                            Various Artists
14.  꼭 살려야 한다 Must Live                                  Various Artists
15.  트라우마 Trauma                                               Various Artists
16.  비밀의 치료술 Secret Cure                               Various Artists
17.  이것은 무엇인고 What Is This                          Various Artists
18.  신세계 행진곡 The New World March             Various Artists
19.  삶과 죽음 Life and Death                                   Various Artists
20.  숙명 Fatality                                                         Various Artists
21.  잊혀진 기억 Forgotten Memory                       Various Artists
22.  해결사 Solver                                                       Various Artists
23.  명불허전 Title Live Up To Your Name, Dr. Heo (Title)        Various Artists

You can check the music here ... http://music.bugs.co.kr/album/20122718  the duration around 1 minute and the composer will be shown ... Daniel Lee is the composer of The Fate of Time (background music when HI & YK doing travel time). 

@ImKyung episode 13's kiss scene on the beach background music: I can't find it yet. Maybe you already know?
episode 16's heartbreaking parting scene accompanied by that upcoming-time-travelling background music:  that would be 'The Fate of Time' 

@minbongyi Finally I find someone who also a fan of Hans Zimmer's music. There are other name which I admire such as Rachel Portman (the cider house rules, the lake house, ), James Newton Howard (dying young), Ralf Wengenmayr (Love, Rosie), Ilan Eshkeri (The Young Victoria), Ramin Djawadi (Games of Thrones).

@limitedsin25 I didn't find the original score for kiss scene on the beach yet... :( 

Thanks dear @martanur for sharing! My all time favorite is track 18 - 신세계 행진곡, the bgm when heo im first got hauled off to jail and also when he visited the supermarket in ep 6.. it's such a representation of the poor bumbling joseon guy who lands in a fresh new world 400 years later!!

Archived