[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Only Side By Side With You 南方有乔木

sugarplum892

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

Here is the link from YouTube. So enjoy...

Ahh thanks! I think I figured it out. The one I watched yesterday live on Zhejiang TV was actually eps 11-12, but they cut it down to 1 hour. The youtube version is the Jiangsu version which is more complete.

19 hours ago, Prettysup said:

In the book, 

Reveal hidden contents

10 years ago, Shi Yue, after being kicked out from the academy, had to repay his gambling father's humongous loan sharks debts, and also to support his mother. He got into trouble with the loan sharks and was sentenced to 10 years in jail. An Ning (the gangster chick) helped to shorten his jail term to just 1.5 years and repaid his debts. So he worked for her after that, and yes, they did get into a physical relationship, which ended after he opened his own bar and she married a rich guy.

He doesn’t have a ‘clean’ past, I must admit. But his love for NC was true.

@Prettysup  Ahhh!  Thanks for filling in the picture.  I'm sure more will be revealed as the show airs.  Really appreciate the information.  Will continue to watch and enjoy along with the rest....

Watching this only for William Chan, he's stealing every scene. I even find myself fast forwarding. He just lights up the screen when he appears. 

William has a very captivating & infectious smile. It's like everytime Shi Yue smiles, I automatically smile with him LoL!:D Nan Qiao comes across bland for me...but I like that she holds her own against someone as charismatic as Shi Yue. It's like oddly they complete each other though he has a hidden agenda for wooing her. 

We can also see Shi Yue is starting to have feelings for Nan Qiao .

Not liking Chang one bit. I'd never understand unrequited love in dramas.... If you've missed your boat, let it go already...especially if it's missed several times over, like buddy move the heck along with your life! Plus Chang did a despicable thing he stole Shi Yue's hard work to impress Nan Qiao....tsk.

Ugh. The Alpha male testosterone display is aish...getting tiresome YO. It's like can't Chang & Shi Yue get a room & get it over with LoL?! I detect a certain bromance vibe too ehehehehehh. 

Chang is playing with fire 'cause that Tai mobster is brutal. He' s out for blood. 

Just caught up to Ep 12 with 13, 14 and 15 Raw.  Waiting for subs b/c its too good to spoil with easily jumping ahead...If Shi Yue can wait 7 years to "put things right" then I can wait a few hours/days...

William Chan is "crushing" this role.  Bandit was a good "nickname" for him/ bc he will steal all of our hearts..(yep, that was really cheesy but couldn't resist)

Some of the funny things I've picked up while watching....wonder if anyone else has found any funny/curious things on the show?

1) Do you notice that the characters are often wearing coats while at work (Future Up blue jackets)  It's just kind of funny....half have coats on and the other half are in shorts/tshirts and mini skirts....In a real life tech company even though areas of research are cool for electronic maintenance it would be a bit uncomfortable to have so many layers on...

2) The dogs with the muzzles in the house.  I suppose, its for the protection of the workers/actors just thought it was kind of funny.

3) Does William Chan have the tatoo on his finger in "real life" or just for this show?

4) Is anyone going home today and mixing up an ABS?  or next time at the club....?  

5) I really like how the guys in the show are styled but NQ looks a bit "old"...I've noticed that they have improved on her outfits a bit, but sometimes when she comes on the screen (she is beautiful and talented so not knocking on the actress just how they have "styled" her for this show) I ask myself, "What the heck is she wearing?"  I love her Burberry purse and even though she is in brand name stuff which is also nice, it's the pairing of things that I don't find compliment her beauty...lacoste track suit with high heals?  I can think of a few shows where nerdy sexy works bc the clothes actually fit the actresses...here it seems like some of her clothes seem too big and boxy for her beautiful figure....sorry, it just sometimes surprises me and makes me laugh...just my weird observations and point of view.  So, what do you think NQ's style in this drama says about her?

That's all for now....later y'all

One of the things I'm really liking about this drama is that every episode has some alone time together for the OTP.  Even if it's under the pretext of a revenge plot,  as @vlvl1 said we can see Shi Yue relax and rest when he's with Nan Qiao. Both characters have that feeling of sadness that seems to ease when they're together. These actors have really good chemistry together. William Chan is so handsome fun vulnerable expressive. And Bai Baihe is gorgeous even without attractive clothes and make up. Really liking the push pull between these two. 

Watching for William Chan..  when I see him he's looks so clean and fresh smells good ( omigosh.. I just had to say that. Haha sorry not sorry :tongue: )  and liking the interiors ( but hello than  meeting room.. like overhanging scary af!) and liking Shanghai too. I wanna travel there  some day.

I'm doing marathon so  haven't finished all subbed episodes. The douchebag fiancee is still a douchebag  saying he has to do this and do that  and it's for the good of business.  What cheating moron! Thanks good she called off the wedding.  I'm doing marathon so  haven't finished all subbed episodes.  SY  and CX gonna be rivals for NQ?

Btw, just feels weird  ( for me) I'm watching modern cdrama. Gives me a break from watching historical dramas :D

6 hours ago, kismet22 said:

Just caught up to Ep 12 with 13, 14 and 15 Raw.  Waiting for subs b/c its too good to spoil with easily jumping ahead...If Shi Yue can wait 7 years to "put things right" then I can wait a few hours/days...

William Chan is "crushing" this role.  Bandit was a good "nickname" for him/ bc he will steal all of our hearts..(yep, that was really cheesy but couldn't resist)

Some of the funny things I've picked up while watching....wonder if anyone else has found any funny/curious things on the show?

1) Do you notice that the characters are often wearing coats while at work (Future Up blue jackets)  It's just kind of funny....half have coats on and the other half are in shorts/tshirts and mini skirts....In a real life tech company even though areas of research are cool for electronic maintenance it would be a bit uncomfortable to have so many layers on...

2) The dogs with the muzzles in the house.  I suppose, its for the protection of the workers/actors just thought it was kind of funny.

3) Does William Chan have the tatoo on his finger in "real life" or just for this show?

4) Is anyone going home today and mixing up an ABS?  or next time at the club....?  

5) I really like how the guys in the show are styled but NQ looks a bit "old"...I've noticed that they have improved on her outfits a bit, but sometimes when she comes on the screen (she is beautiful and talented so not knocking on the actress just how they have "styled" her for this show) I ask myself, "What the heck is she wearing?"  I love her Burberry purse and even though she is in brand name stuff which is also nice, it's the pairing of things that I don't find compliment her beauty...lacoste track suit with high heals?  I can think of a few shows where nerdy sexy works bc the clothes actually fit the actresses...here it seems like some of her clothes seem too big and boxy for her beautiful figure....sorry, it just sometimes surprises me and makes me laugh...just my weird observations and point of view.  So, what do you think NQ's style in this drama says about her?

That's all for now....later y'all

2) Yeah the poor dogs haha

3) Yes the W tattoo on his finger is 'real life' - It stands for his name William. In fact if u noticed in his shirtless scenes, there is also another 'real life' tattoo on his shoulder. Those are the lyrics of some song.

5) About NQ's style in this show, yes I agree they are kind of ugly haha.. I guess they did it purposely to suit her geek image ?

This is too predictable. no challenge to outcome. SY is a bully, Chang is a bully. The supposedly brilliant NC is not bright enough to know she's being scammed early on. I guess as long as there is suggestion of love nothing else matters. 

I believe in forgiving but not so much do-overs; I'm sure this predictable has a do-over. Im only on episode 6 but this is too obvious.

10 hours ago, ihyw said:

Don't know if anyone has posted this clip yet. Apologies. Finding this drama kind of irresistible. 

This scene is so cute but i don’t think they will add the sex part in here. I think this part is from the novel where they made up and have sex. Crazy Sex that they broke the bed!! Haha

I think they will make this scene PG 13 so we won’t see any hot and steamy makeout session but a couple just sleeping. Lol

1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

This scene is so cute but i don’t think they will add the sex part in here. I think this part is from the novel where they made up and have sex. Crazy Sex that they broke the bed!! Haha

I think they will make this scene PG 13 so we won’t see any hot and steamy makeout session but a couple just sleeping. Lol

Haha this is a drama airing on prime-time TV slot in China, there definitely will not be any explicit scenes shown. 

@kismet22 ,  @jongski

Yea, William's name initial is tattooed on his left forefinger - it's real. There's 1 on his right shoulder blade as well as the upper part of his chest. Those are the ones that're visible, others....idk:w00t::phew:

@jongski  IKR LoL?! Nan Qiao's meeting room look cool but it makes me nervous that it could break & fall off? Yikes:crazy: Yea Chang-Nan Qiao-Shi Yue are in a love triangle, of course Shi Yue wins HA. 

I agree with Nan Qiao's haphazard style they're trying to make her look geeky chic LoL? But most times she look downright dowdy. Also the actress Bai He doesn't wear them well y'know? Now William on the other...exude a lot of presence even in his clothes or off - ok I'm getting ahead of myself LoL! :tongue:

56 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Yea, William's name initial is tattooed on his left forefinger - it's real. There's 1 on his right shoulder blade as well as the upper part of his chest. Those are the ones that're visible, others....idk:w00t::phew:

William has a total of 7 tattoos in real life - the W on his finger, the crown on his chest, 2 rows of lyrics on both shoulders, a cross on his abominal, a feather on his ankle, and the words 'Inside Me' on his forearm which is the theme of his first solo tour (the only one they covered up for this show).

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@kismet22 ,  @jongski

@jongski  IKR LoL?! Nan Qiao's meeting room look cool but it makes me nervous that it could break & fall off? Yikes:crazy: Yea Chang-Nan Qiao-Shi Yue are in a love triangle, of course Shi Yue wins HA. 

I agree with Nan Qiao's haphazard style they're trying to make her look geeky chic LoL? But most times she look downright dowdy. Also the actress Bai He doesn't wear them well y'know? Now William on the other...exude a lot of presence even in his clothes or off - ok I'm getting ahead of myself LoL! :tongue:

@Latte_Anyday I think the tattoo on his finger is sexy and fits his image...especially in this show.  As I continue watching the story develop I feel angrier towards Chang.  See spoiler.....when the truth finally comes out NQ will have to deal with alot of guilt and Chang, the hero, will have to survive the loss of his prestige

Spoiler

Not only did he steal (ahem, let me clear my throat, "borrow" the thesis from his locker but also, he took his love of flying/plane/mechanics and ideas and gave them to NQ so that he could impress her....and to this day, NQ gives him (Chang) the credit for Future Up....burns me, really burns me.

As for William and his clothes off and/or on totally agree with you....not complaining and actually will put in a request for MORE OF THIS FAN SERVICE....Please?!

Archived