[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Only Side By Side With You 南方有乔木

sugarplum892

On 11/8/2017 at 9:57 PM, Prettysup said:

New 1:30 minutes teaser with English subs! 

Looks good. Very interesting.

I hope I won't be put off by his character. I hate a man playing with two girls. It's not hot and not bad boy but disgusting.

Also, I don't understand why he is with the other gangster girl??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for posting all of the photos, gifs, and preview clips. This drama looks very interesting. I'm so glad that Viki got the liscense so we know that there will be subs!

https://www.viki.com/tv/35704c-only-side-by-side-with-you

Has there been any news about the release date for this drama? Viki has it on their "Coming Soon" section so I hope it will be out within the next few months, perhaps early 2018?

40 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Thanks to everyone for posting all of the photos, gifs, and preview clips. This drama looks very interesting. I'm so glad that Viki got the liscense so we know that there will be subs!

https://www.viki.com/tv/35704c-only-side-by-side-with-you

Has there been any news about the release date for this drama? Viki has it on their "Coming Soon" section so I hope it will be out within the next few months, perhaps early 2018?

It is slated to be aired in 2018, not too sure which month though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2017 at 10:31 PM, angelangie said:

if that happen i will probably drop the drama.....dislikes that too myself

Don't worry, Shi Yue is not playing with 2 girls. I have finished reading the novel. It is true that Shi Yue has a not-so-graceful past, and he does approach Nan Qiao purposefully for a vengeance, but later he truly falls for Nan Qiao and does all he can to protect her. I enjoy the novel immensely and really look forward to this drama!

On 1/7/2018 at 7:40 PM, sherliebabe said:

Don't worry, Shi Yue is not playing with 2 girls. I have finished reading the novel. It is true that Shi Yue has a not-so-graceful past, and he does approach Nan Qiao purposefully for a vengeance, but later he truly falls for Nan Qiao and does all he can to protect her. I enjoy the novel immensely and really look forward to this drama!

Can you give us some detail of the best scenes from the book? Is there a English version where we can read it? Thx

On 1/15/2018 at 6:03 PM, vlvl1 said:

Can you give us some detail of the best scenes from the book? Is there a English version where we can read it? Thx

There are many scenes that I really enjoy! It is indeed a well-written novel. 

Some of my personal favorite include:

1. The scene where Shi Yue finds the lost academic article that ruined his life and career as a soldier (I saw it in the trailer too! Really looking forward to that scene!)

2. The scene where Nan Qiao finanlly finds out about Shi Yue's tragic past and understands why Shi Yue has done what he did. 

3. The hilarious scenes with Nan Qiao, Shi Yue and his 3 German shepherds

4. The scene where Shi Yue races against the subway train and kisses Nan Qiao on the train.

I can go on and on, LOL

I don't know whether there is an English version of the novel though. Hopefully the drama will release soon and hopefully it is good. The trailer is looking really good so far!

On 1/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, sherliebabe said:

There are many scenes that I really enjoy! It is indeed a well-written novel. 

Some of my personal favorite include:

Hide contents

1. The scene where Shi Yue finds the lost academic article that ruined his life and career as a soldier (I saw it in the trailer too! Really looking forward to that scene!)

2. The scene where Nan Qiao finanlly finds out about Shi Yue's tragic past and understands why Shi Yue has done what he did. 

3. The hilarious scenes with Nan Qiao, Shi Yue and his 3 German shepherds

4. The scene where Shi Yue races against the subway train and kisses Nan Qiao on the train.

I can go on and on, LOL

I don't know whether there is an English version of the novel though. Hopefully the drama will release soon and hopefully it is good. The trailer is looking really good so far!

Can you give the detail when Shi Yue falls in love with Nan Qiao? Any juicy kiss scenes?

23 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Can you give the detail when Shi Yue falls in love with Nan Qiao? Any juicy kiss scenes?

Actually I am not sure when exactly Shi Yue falls in love with Nan Qiao. 

Maybe it was a gradual process. Shi Yue has always been treating her well, though at first he does that for his revenge against Chang Jian Xiong. In the novel they have kiss scenes even before they actually fell in love, lol, for disguise. And after they are in love, they have more. The kiss on the subway is definitely epic, haha. There are 2 sex scenes in the book as far as I can remember, and both mark significant milestones of their relationship

I can't wait to watch the drama...

On 1/24/2018 at 12:01 PM, sherliebabe said:

Actually I am not sure when exactly Shi Yue falls in love with Nan Qiao. 

Hide contents

Maybe it was a gradual process. Shi Yue has always been treating her well, though at first he does that for his revenge against Chang Jian Xiong. In the novel they have kiss scenes even before they actually fell in love, lol, for disguise. And after they are in love, they have more. The kiss on the subway is definitely epic, haha. There are 2 sex scenes in the book as far as I can remember, and both mark significant milestones of their relationship

I can't wait to watch the drama...

Can you explain the entire epic kiss part on the subway for us, please? Thx again.  Man, I wish someone would translate this book for us who cant read Chinese. A lots thx...

On 1/20/2018 at 3:03 PM, Prettysup said:

New pics from weibo :

Any news when this drama will air? Prettysup....

On 1/29/2018 at 12:22 AM, vlvl1 said:

Can you explain the entire epic kiss part on the subway for us, please? Thx again.  Man, I wish someone would translate this book for us who cant read Chinese. A lots thx...

Any news when this drama will air? Prettysup....

it was when Nan Qiao's nephew was visiting her, they went to test their drone. They play this game: They all get on the same subway train. Nan Qiao will stay on the subway train to go to the next subway station, and Shi Yue will leave from this subway train in this station and meet her on the same subway train at the next station, basically to race against the subway.The Go Pro on the drone will capture the whole process. And Shi Yue is able to catch up with the subway train and meet Nan Qiao on the train at the next station. It is an iconic and romantic scene in the book, haha. I thought they kissed on the train, but I just went back and found that they actually kiss off the train, lol. But anyways, it was a great scene. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived