[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Only Side By Side With You 南方有乔木

sugarplum892

So, in episode 24, after that romantic conversation where SY holds NQ's hand to his heart,  they spend the night together?  There's a time lapse and then he's kissing her forehead as she sleeps. I think @Prettysup had said that since the drama is  at prime time, starting 7:30 p.m., there wouldn't be any explicit scenes. But if it were showing on late night TV in China, are programs for mature audiences allowed then? I'm just curious. I did like the way they filmed that quiet conversation between NQ and SY. I can see her point that it's confusing to be in a relationship that's alternately close and then distant. 

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ShiennyF said:

I'm sorry that i have so many comments :')) but really, if anybody knows can you please tell me? I saw some cut from ep 25 & 26, but what i want to know is, which happen first? SY helped An Jie in the party or SY brought NQ home? I'm sorry for asking again. Haha

thankyou!

I know in 25 the party stuff happen towards the end.

5 hours ago, ihyw said:

So, in episode 24, after that romantic conversation where SY holds NQ's hand to his heart,  they spend the night together?  There's a time lapse and then he's kissing her forehead as she sleeps. I think @Prettysup had said that since the drama is  at prime time, starting 7:30 p.m., there wouldn't be any explicit scenes. But if it were showing on late night TV in China, are programs for mature audiences allowed then? I'm just curious. I did like the way they filmed that quiet conversation between NQ and SY. I can see her point that it's confusing to be in a relationship that's alternately close and then distant. 

Really, did they spend the night together bez u r right? This relationship does appear close and distant. But, eps 25 was sad bez he is pushing her away to protect her. Can’t wait for next eps. Lol

2 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Really, did they spend the night together bez u r right? This relationship does appear close and distant. But, eps 25 was sad bez he is pushing her away to protect her. Can’t wait for next eps. Lol

I just saw a youku clip on youtube of 26 with NQ in a hospital bed. Chang taking care of her and handing her a glass of water. SY looking through the glass of the door of her room, watching her and Chang, and then walking away. :(  One of the comments said it was a change from the book, and they hoped there would not be any bad changes.:(   I can't wait for next episode either lol too. What a soap opera, but I'm having a great time rooting for the leads to get that happy ending, just the two of them. And their drones.

10 hours ago, Erin Lokanata said:

Hi can you give me the link of this novel? I want to read it too. 

Thanks ^^

U can try this one

http://www.luoxia.com/nanqiao/

10 hours ago, ShiennyF said:

I'm sorry that i have so many comments :')) but really, if anybody knows can you please tell me? I saw some cut from ep 25 & 26, but what i want to know is, which happen first? SY helped An Jie in the party or SY brought NQ home? I'm sorry for asking again. Haha

thankyou!

I just watched ep 25 which SY helped AN at the party. Didn't see him bringing NQ home?  Ep 26 is not out yet.

9 hours ago, ihyw said:

I think the censorship in China is quite strict, dont think they will allow explicit scenes even if it was showing on late night TV. Apparently many of SY's fighting scene as an undercover was censored too, probably due to too much gore.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

U can try this one

http://www.luoxia.com/nanqiao/

I just watched ep 25 which SY helped AN at the party. Didn't see him bringing NQ home?  Ep 26 is not out yet.

I guess it was on ep 25 when SY kissed NQ forehead after the party. Hehe

2 hours ago, ihyw said:

I just saw a youku clip on youtube of 26 with NQ in a hospital bed. Chang taking care of her and handing her a glass of water. SY looking through the glass of the door of her room, watching her and Chang, and then walking away. :(  One of the comments said it was a change from the book, and they hoped there would not be any bad changes.:(   I can't wait for next episode either lol too. What a soap opera, but I'm having a great time rooting for the leads to get that happy ending, just the two of them. And their drones.

:( i wish at least they have the same happy ending. I was disappointed once with k drama Cheese in the trap, the ending was bad. 

2 hours ago, ihyw said:

I would not worry about stuff like this some things are always to be different  but have the same result.

Also  we dont do much waiting since we get episodes every day.

I really like the way this drama is filmed. For example, the way the camera looked in on NQ sitting in that suspended office box. How did they even film that? Really spectacular.  I understand having flashbacks to show characters interior thoughts. I just wish the flashbacks had scenes we hadn't seen before. Like when SY fell asleep at NQ's side as she pulled an all-nighter trying to fix the drone code. Would be nice to know she looked up at him and looked at him.  Shots we haven't seen yet, although we saw them happen.  I guess that would have cost more money, though, to film more shots.  

8 minutes ago, ihyw said:

I really like the way this drama is filmed. For example, the way the camera looked in on NQ sitting in that suspended office box. How did they even film that? Really spectacular.  I understand having flashbacks to show characters interior thoughts. I just wish the flashbacks had scenes we hadn't seen before. Like when SY fell asleep at NQ's side as she pulled an all-nighter trying to fix the drone code. Would be nice to know she looked up at him and looked at him.  Shots we haven't seen yet, although we saw them happen.  I guess that would have cost more money, though, to film more shots.  

I agreed with u abt all these unecessary flashbacks are so annoying bez we already seen them. If flashback give us scenes that we have not seen bez it wasted a few eps on flashbacks and it appeared they don’t have enough to sketch this drama longer. 

I really hate how cdramas r making their drama so long now bez it makes the drama not good with all thes filters. If they just cut eps down to 30 or 35 then it will get to the point without annoying the viewer of filters and flashbacks...lol

Sorry, I am complaining but William looks good here and his acting is better here.

E. 20 - 24 : -

William Chan is hard carrying this entire drama. His charisma just leaps at you and holds your attention and yea this never gets old but his ever disarming smile:D I also like the actress who plays the An Lady character. It really does appear that the writers are going through the K2 route although they execute it rather poorly. An Lady is going all out to stake her claim/ownership on Shi Yue. I just realized that it took 24 ep. for our leads to kiss:tongue: Nan Qiao should really let Shi Yue be her stylist! What she wore to that cocktail event was ridiculous:huh: Er---apparently Shi Yue-Nan Qiao spent the night together:phew::ph34r::wink:but they left it to our imagination:tongue:

Zhou Ran just never learns...so shameless at that even tsk<_<

OoOo Shi Yue's cheesy but dreamy lines :-

"I Am Also Nan Qiao's Man"

"I'd never be able to afford the price of spending the day with you, so that makes me your permanent creditor. That way we will never be apart" - I'm screaming while my fingers are curling out of the cringey-ness HA:w00t::w00t:

Do you guys watch the teaser where there's a cut of SY, NQ, CJX in the wine cellar, SY told NQ that he didn't abandon her and he felt tormented everytime he saw NQ & CJX? Do you have a guess either SY told it because of jealousy or because he tried to push NQ away? Have the scene out yet in the ep 26?

12 minutes ago, ShiennyF said:

Do you guys watch the teaser where there's a cut of SY, NQ, CJX in the wine cellar, SY told NQ that he didn't abandon her and he felt tormented everytime he saw NQ & CJX? Do you have a guess either SY told it because of jealousy or because he tried to push NQ away? Have the scene out yet in the ep 26?

Yeah its out in episode 26 at the ending man he was angry in that part in the the watch at her lol.

I think he is doing the noble idiot thing pushing away to deal with AN.

But I think CJX finally told her some stuff that she should hear the next episode.

Interview with Golden Horse Best Actress Qin Hai Lu :

Q : What prompted you to accept ‘Only side by side with you’ ?
A : I was forced to do it (laughs) 2-3 months before I started filming this, many good friends called to tell me about this character, asking me to participate. Almost every week, someone will look for me regarding this and I was wondering “What is happening?” Later when the producer called to talk to me about this, I felt that if I don’t accept this, I will offend a lot of friends. Initially my reply was I will not act, later it changed to I will consider, then finally I agreed.

Q : Which aspect of An Ning do you think fans like about her?
A : I think the relationship between an elder woman and a young guy attracts viewers as it is different from the usual thing we see. People want to see a different kind of love.

Q : How is the experience like to act as An Ning the big lady boss?
A : It is quite fun, because in real life, I will not have so many followers who listen to me, and I am able to do many things ordinary people are not able to do. I feel that the little demon in my heart gets some satisfaction from this role (laughs).

Q : Shi Yue and An Ning has created a strong CP force, how do you understand the relationship between the 2 characters?
A : AN definitely loves SY, she does not only want to own him. Perhaps in the novel, there was not much description between SY and AN, however through the many times which he risked his life to save AN, including leaving with her, all these proved that he has feelings for her. After NQ appeared, everytime when SY wanted to express his feelings for her, the image of AN will flash through his mind. This is the contradiction within SY, it proved that AN was someone he used to love, and even till now he had not really let go of it completely yet. 

Q: How does it feel to work with William Chan?

A : I think that he is an especially smart actor, he is very hardworking, and most importantly his IQ is especially high.  Not only was he able to quickly understand what I told him, he could also control himself to express it accurately. His ability to control and express himself so precisely was quite amazing to me. 

Q : William says that you have taught him a lot, and he feels very blessed to be working with you. How did you get this level of chemistry ?
A : It is my pleasure that he feels blessed. In the beginning there was definitely a testing stage, because I do not know his ability. Although we do know each other beforehand, we have not actually acted together or interacted through our roles as opposed to the interaction between Qin Hai Lu and William Chan. During the first 2 days of testing, it was very good. In one of the earlier scenes being filmed, which I was wearing a blue suit and whispering into his ear, he was able to fathom the relationship between AN and SY immediately, and grasp the depth of it. I was quite amazed by this and since then, I began to continue push him. Actually when working with younger actors, it is already considered quite good if they are able to keep up with our pace, and we will not dare to expect or give more to them. However when I gave more to William, he was able to handle them very well, this is something which I did not expect.

Q : Earlier on when you made fun of rubbing William’s back on weibo, he actually replied. Do you guys joke just like this all the time on the set?

A : You can actually tell the filming atmosphere from this, and  yes it was quite fun. When I saw that on weibo the other day, I reposted it, and he replied. It was quite good. In real life he is just like an innocent big boy, especially adorable.

Q : What do you think of Bai Bai-he’s performance?
A : I only had one scene with her, I think she is quite good, delivering up to her standard. She has her own unique style.

K_WF-fyvtmxc8396454.jpg

Source :  http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2018-04-09/doc-ifyvtmxc8470187.shtml

Translated by : prettysup

Archived