[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

8 minutes ago, CatchMine_ID said:

Amazing ep. That ending tho... I'm glad that ep. 6 is tomorrow. Hahaha *fuuuuh*

yes its freaking awesome, save your energy for tomorrow haha, wanna say thank you to you and all of recappers (sorry can't mention one by one) god bless you all!

the past JS is interesting, she seems good in everything she does, and definitely yo ah in, go kyung po, and lim soo jung acting are superb!

• Like 4

Wow! Daebak. So he's a ghost in the present. So looks like the general hunch of this thread was right.  

Thanks @Yongzura @CatchMine_ID @andy78 for the caps. 

Have been so busy & too many dramas that I hv no time to write my thoughts. But I'm Glad that finally one thing that's been bugging me is revealed . Lol!

our poor chaka-nim, the reporters esp that evil one that Baek's mum hired will have a field day. Probably says he's lost it or he's smoking something. But it may work in his favour & sell more :lol: 

also since he's a ghost there won't be any love triangle possibility in the present right. Which I prefer. 

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

Ugh love yoo ah in outfit today !!! Gorgoeus. And his hair growing fast ! He didnt cut his hair ! Yeyy ! Maybe he become more freakin handsome in episode 10 lol. (I dont mind with short or long, because i love him lol)

LOL for this. Really. I WISH THO. Hahahahahahaha he is so freaking gorggggggeous in 30s mode.

and

@ailanthus *save energy mode* hahaha I hope tomorrow will be here live recapping, thank you too! Glad you are accompanying here :)) true, the leads acting are superb here!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

our poor chaka-nim, the reporters esp that evil one that Baek's mum hired will have a field day. Probably says he's lost it or he's smoking something. But it may work in his favour & sell more :lol: 

also since he's a ghost there won't be any love triangle possibility in the present right. Which I prefer. 

thank you too~ heheh and that was exactly I'm thinkin' about after that crazy press con haha Baek's mum will be like 'oooo jackpot here, more scandal!'

I wish that so hard, I wish that Tae-min won't be that possibility too..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CatchMine_ID said:

thank you too~ and that was exactly I'm thinkin' about after that crazy press con haha Baek's mum will be like 'oooo jackpot here, more scandal!'

I wish that so hard, I wish that Tae-min won't be that possibility too..

Omo! I forgot About the Tae Min love line or the Ricardo dude. But then again, I didn't think both were much competition. Bcoz of the trio's entwined past , I thought that Yoo would stand the most chance 

@supergal99 Lol! I hv no idea. K drama is Life ..haha. But I always watch 4 or so ongoing.  I'm used to it. Watch it bf i sleep or catch up at the weekends. But I'm a little back logged on a couple of my other dramas 

I missed Baek Tae Min part in the beginning of the episode. It seems that he's a villain now, so I'll keep my hope that Jin Oh is a true-friend (even though his eyes in tonight episode sometimes freak me out LOL).

But seriously, I can understand Tae Min, but cant get his mom. What's wrong with her and Seju?

One more thing, since uri ghostwriter is a ghost writer, I hope for a pure friendship in 1930. Can we have a golden trio like.... in Harry Potter? Yes, I hope for it. It's wartime, people aim for independence. It's time of the greatest comradeship. It'd be affected if they had time for triangle-tragedy in the middle of the war. I hope the factor that lead to their tragedy is the contradiction in their sense of purpose.

BTW, can we see Jinoh's hairstyle in 1930? It's always hidden under the hat. See the gif, his hair's similar to Seju's. And both of them have the look of young age boys who get mature for their revolutionary idea.

wrwenj8.gif

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, valNK said:

I missed Baek Tae Min part in the beginning of the episode. It seems that he's a villain now, so I'll keep my hope that Jin Oh is a true-friend (even though his eyes in tonight episode sometimes freak me out LOL).

But seriously, I can understand Tae Min, but cant get his mom. What's wrong with her and Seju?

One more thing, since uri ghostwriter is a ghost writer, I hope for a pure friendship in 1930. Can we have a golden trio like.... in Harry Potter? Yes, I hope for it. It's wartime, people aim for independence. It's time of the greatest comradeship. It'd be affected if they had time for triangle-tragedy in the middle of the war. I hope the factor that lead to their tragedy is the contradiction in their sense of purpose.

BTW, can we see Jinoh's hairstyle in 1930? It's always hidden under the hat. See the gif, his hair's similar to Seju's. And both of them have the look of young age boys who get mature for their revolutionary idea.

[gif]

I WISH THAT. Since these three seems so close back in the past huhu I'm so scared for what truly happen to them. I get nervous if remember YJO said the biggest sinner reincarnated as writer. IF the person YJO talked was HSJ (what his choices back then that significant to hold title as the biggest sinner scares me), and then YJO get trapped in typewriter cause she shoot him (then why he replaced Oh Hwi-young place in their basecamp, also for Jeon Seol = legend, hmmm also wondering what 'legendary part' she took there in the past... Or will it be in present time, to fix it all?) omaga... Just what happen back then... Please, my heart... Aigoo I really love their Carpe Diem scene:unsure:

Omo that gif, I live for that 30s happy-three-friend. Love it sooooo muuuuuchhhhhhh fufufu

• Like 5

Wow. I am so so impressed with this drama. Or rather, this drama feels more like a movie, with all the subtle metaphors, psychological as well as historical implications. This episode is DAEBAK!!! 

In the flashback of Episode 5, the past HSJ told Jin-oh that he used to be on the "blacklist" of the colonial government. He said that they (i.e. the colonial regime) can take away his home country, but they cannot take away his words. That is why he ends up writing third-rate trashy fictions. He expects to continue writing after his home country is liberated, for by that time there shouldn't be any blacklist at all. 

What an irony. We all know that Park Geun-hye put up a long blacklist of artists and writers who articulated their dissent against the government. Song Kang Ho, Park Chang Wook, and numerous important figures in Chungmuro are on the list. 

(On the side note, I finally understand why YAI decided to take this drama amidst the controversies of his MS. YAI himself was very vocal about his opposition towards PGH and the conservative party five years ago when PGH was the presidential candidate...)

• Like 8

When Yoo proposed to give to SeJoo the draft for the next episode i had that instant though"Ah,that's what they meant by the saying,"Making a deal with the devil" even if Yoo isin't exactly a devil...The whole vibe felt like that...So i'm getting more and more curious what Yoo meant with Se Joo continuing to write,or at least to finish his story for him to live..Like will he go back to be alive or something after his story is told,or his remorses are out and the whole truth be told of what happened back then,asking for their forgivness or will live through his last work and finally rest...Found it so intresting that little piece of info when Madam Bang told Seol about the realm of the dead and if they turn around while going to the afterlife they will be "punished" with keeping their memories,or fears as they aren't allowed to turn...I always find this type of stories sooo facinating...Taemin is such a nasty guy,i don't expect nothing for his crazy Mom yet his father is just as bad letting go and being culprit of such crime,what they did to Se Joo,and yet being so shameless...

While watching the past and present shooting scene i had that brief crazy idea that their soul switched bodies as reincarnated...Aka the past Yoo is the current Se Joo and so:lol:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, valNK said:

is baek tae min revealed to be the villain..WOW!!

My theory is right then.. i feel proud :tongue:

• Like 1

Been watching this drama since first week and this drama just keep getting better and better every ep

Glad they finally confirmed his ghost role though it been obvious since beginning but of course they try to make it seem other can see him but actually not with vague situation 

I'm so glad my long time favorite Im Soo Jung comeback after 13years is this drama :D

She still looking as gorgeous and young as ever I need her fountain of youth lol

Of course beside her my other reason to watch is YAI and GKP so glad to see the boys working together here and I'm looking forward to the ghost&writer bromance and madness lol

YAI is brilliant as ever never doubt his acting skill he great as both past and present character though I hope he can stop grabbing poor Yoo's neck everytime lol

I'm loving GKP as YooJinOh sooooo much he so mysterious,charming,mischievous and interesting character I'm glad GKP keep getting himself good role and keep building his resume alongside great talented sunbae actor

Need to say I do love Seju but I'm always looking forward to him as Hwiyoung in 1930 more lol.. Probably the idol like visual of writer that current Seju hate and mock of Taemin lol

So only Bangji who might have her mom power to see ghost and Seju can see Yoo.. I hope Seol can see him at least once before whatever gonna happen to him in the end.. 

Probably after Chicago Typewriter novel end his soul can rest in peace since the truth is out and he won't haunt them anymore but I'm gonna be so sad if he disappear though :( I would be so heartbroken if the lovely ghost get sad ending but hope he would get good ending and maybe stay like Casper lol always with the lead watching over them lol

Since he said that sinful people reborn as writer so could mean Seju betray them in the past or everything just huge misunderstanding?

He want to finish the novel could be maybe he the one who mess up in the past and create the misunderstand that end up making past Seol kill either him or Hwiyoung and she said it someone she shouldn't have kill so must be misunderstanding and Yoo want to tell the truth through Seju's novel about the past so he can finally live with himself? Not live to be human but to release himself from the past? 

But Hwiyoung could have been the betrayer on Japanese side in the past which is what his sin could be that why he born as rich writer like what Bangji said lol as pro-Japanese in past as a hint :huh:

Still many questions lol

Seol could have kill him or Yoo but only 2 reborn and only Yoo left as ghost the only one remember the past event but for sure the other 2 memory gonna keep coming back so all the puzzle pieces will complete since for sure there some part Yoo himself dunno about his two friend..

Whatever the mystery hope Yoo won't turn evil since we have more than enough evil with Taemin, his crazy mom and that super annoying reporter so hope Yoo would be by Seju & Seol side

I hope to see more of the trio in 1930 since that the only time I can see him interact with Seol but in present can only watch her.. 

But he seem to truly care about her and even ask if she doing well to poor Bangji? 

I'm addicted to the part1 Ost never stop repeating lol

Hope the rating can increase since this drama deserve better 

Edited by salz
  • Like 7

I cringe so hard watchin' Tae-min talked to the cat. Seems writer want to show that he is the super villain. Is he Japanese reincarnation? Hahahaha kidding.

One of eggs from episode 5 :

ctep5imp1.jpg

Our present writers in this show are rich.

This episode moving so fast with many eggs given; what Seol was said at 10 years old, etc. So many important points. Show are now stood and focused! And now I'm really hooked; one of who hope the rating increases cause this drama deserves better, come on~

• Like 5