Drama: Chicago Typewriter

Hangul: 시카고타자

Genre: fantasy, romantic- comedy

Network: tvN

Episodes: 16 

Director: Kim Cheol-Kyu

Writer: Jin Soo-Wan

Release Date: April 7, 2017 - June 3, 2017

Runtime: Fridays & Saturdays, 20:00  (takes over the time slot previously occupied by "Tomorrow With You.")

Production Company:

OST: part 1- SALTNPAPER (솔튼페이퍼)- Satellite (위성)

part 2 - Yerin Baek ( 백예린) - Blooming Memories(아주 오래된 기억)

part 3 SG워너비 (SG WANNABE) - 우리의 얘기를 쓰겠소 (Writing Our Stories)  

part 4 KEVIN OH - BE MY LIGHT - (Chicago Typewriter OST

part 5 Boni Pueri - Time Walk

Official site:http://event.tving.com/View/4575

Other sites: http://asianwiki.com/Chicago_Typewriter

http://www.koreandrama.org/chicago-typewriter/

Watch: VIKI https://www.viki.com/tv/34406c-chicago-typewriter (licensed)

Plot

Writers that lived under Japanese rule in the 1930's are reincarnated into a bestselling writer who is in a slump, a mysterious ghostwriter and an anti-fan of the bestselling writer. (Asianwiki)

Cast

tumblr_olmezpUmrw1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

Yoo Ah-In- Han Se-Joo

Lim Soo-Jung- Jeon Seol 

Ko Gyung-Pyo-Yoo Jin-Oh

Kwak Si-Yang - Baek Tae -Min

Jo Woo-Jin-

Cheon Ho-Jin - Baek Do Ha

Yang Jin-Sung - Ma Bang Jin

Kang Hong Suk- Won Dae Han

Kim Ki-Soo -

Jeon Su-Kyeong - shaman

Character descriptions

Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In) is a wildly popular bestseller who’s described as something of a Korean Stephen King. The bestselling writer whose super-popular hits and movie-star good looks have propelled him to stardom; not only is he seen as an idol of the literary world, he’s got so many fans that there’s even fanfic written about him.

Jo Woo-jin will play the author’s friend and editor who first suggests that he hire a ghostwriter while he battles his writer’s block. The character is described as a materialistic and peculiar person who’s impossible to hate.

Baek Tae Min (Kwak Si Yang)  a novelist and professor who is the hero’s rival. He’s the only son of a famous writer and prominent figure in the South Korean literary world and he feels jealous of Han Se Joo and also suffers an inferiority complex. Baek Tae Mn will form a love triangle with the hero and the anti-fan heroine. 

Posters

20170327164428579667.jpg

20170327164443371520.jpg

20170327164458941364.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

Teaser 1

Teaser 2 a)

Teaser 2 b)

Teaser 2 (long version)

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 11

Actor Jo Woo-jin (The Lonely Shining Goblin) confirmed to appear in drama Chicago Typewriter .

2017012114572485158_1.jpg

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2017020815343216692

Confirmed Dramabeans, Jo Woo-jin is the only cast member confirmed thus far, and he is the author’s friend and editor who first suggests that he hire a ghostwriter while he battles his writer’s block. The character is described as a materialistic and peculiar person who’s impossible to hate, which seems about up Jo Woo-jin’s alley, after having made the most of his short scenes in Goblin as the dryly funny Secretary Kim.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/im-soo-jung-go-kyung-pyo-courted-for-tvns-chicago-typewriter/

• Like 7

Lim Soo-Jung and Ko Gyung-Pyo offered roles in tvN drama series “Chicago Typewriter”

Chicago-Typewriter-tc1.jpg

Lim Soo-Jung and Ko Gyung-Pyo have been offered roles in upcoming tvN drama series “Chicago Typewriter.” Actor Yoo Ah-In already received an offer to play the lead male role and he is still considering the offer.

For Lim Soo-Jung, she has received an offer to play the lead female character. The lead female character used to be a big fan of bestselling writer Han Se-Joo (Yoo Ah-In if he accepts), but she is now an anti-fan of him.

For Ko Gyung-Pyo he has received an offer to play the second lead male character. The second lead male character is a ghostwriter.

Currently, Yoo Ah-In, Lim Soo-Jung and Ko Gyung-Pyo are all considering their respective offers. Expect a decision soon, as the drama series is scheduled to first air sometime around March, 2017 in South Korea (taking over tvN’s Friday and Saturday 8PM time slot after “Tomorrow With You“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lim-soo-jung-and-ko-gyung-pyo-offered-roles-in-tvn-drama-series-chicago-typewriter

Yoo Ah-in offered tvN fantasy human rom-com Chicago Typewriter

by javabeans | February 2, 2017 | 119 Comments

tumblr_okjm9zFFr41sdd1ivo10_r8_540.jpg

I’m excited to have more information about the new drama titled Chicago Typewriter, which was previously announced with very little plot or background information, only that it would be he next drama from hit writer Jin Soo-wan of Kill Me, Heal Me and The Moon That Embraces the Sun (it name-dropped Park Shin-hye as a potential lead, but those claims were soon refuted).

Now the tvN series is actively courting Yoo Ah-in (Six Flying Dragons) to star, and if he accepts the offer, it would be Yoo’s first project for tvN, though not on cable; one of his biggest hits was JTBC’s intense melodrama Secret Love Affair in 2014. The drama is described as a fantasy human romantic-comedy series, and the description seems rather quirky: The character Yoo Ah-in is up to play is a bestselling writer whose super-popular hits and movie-star good looks have propelled him to stardom; not only is he seen as an idol of the literary world, he’s got so many fans that there’s even fanfic written about him.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/yoo-ah-in-offered-tvn-fantasy-human-rom-com-chicago-typewriter/

• Like 6

Im Soo-jung, Go Kyung-pyo courted for tvN’s Chicago Typewriter

by javabeans | February 8, 2017 | 8 Comments

tumblr_okjm9zFFr41sdd1ivo10_r9_1280.jpg

Im Soo-jung, Go Kyung-pyo

This casting news keeps changing as I write try to write it up, so here’s to hoping the facts stay put for now. The upcoming tvN fantasy human rom-com drama Chicago Typewriter, which has drawn some buzz for courting first Park Shin-hye (who has since declined) and then Yoo Ah-in (Six Flying Dragons), has been busy trying to secure other stars as well, and the new names in this latest wave of news are Im Soo-jung (Time Renegades, All About My Wife), Go Kyung-pyo (Jealousy Incarnate), Seolhyun (Orange Marmalade), and Jo Woo-jin (The Lonely Shining Goblin).

The drama has an intriguing fusion-y fantasy premise, involving a bestselling author, Han Se-joo, called the Korean Stephen King, who falls into a severe career slump. This is the role still out on offer to Yoo Ah-in, and the story centers around him, his ghostwriter Jin-oh, his passionate anti-fan, and an old typewriter. Adding a dash of mystery to the plot is the part where the three main characters are also the reincarnated souls of writers who struggled through the turbulent 1930s during the Japanese Occupation years.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/im-soo-jung-go-kyung-pyo-courted-for-tvns-chicago-typewriter/

Yoo Ah In Offered Male Lead in TVN Drama Chicago Typewriter Potentially With Park Shin Hye

Park Shin Hye was rumored to appear in this drama or maybe she indeed received the offer but refused the role. She was the first name to be attached to this drama. 

Park Shin-hye name-dropped for tvN drama Chicago Typewriter
by javabeans | December 15, 2016 | 110 Comments

Park Shin-hye (Doctors) surfaced in today’s news as being approached for a new tvN drama titled Chicago Typewriter—but before you get too excited, it looks like this wave of news is probably premature, so take with applicable amounts of salt!

She did not received the offer. It was just a rumor.

Park Shin Hye’s Agency Responds To Reports Of Her Next Possible tvN Drama

On December 16, a source of her agency S.A.L.T. Entertainment stated, “Park Shin Hye hasn’t officially been offered a role in tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama ‘Chicago Typewriter’ (working title).

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/16/park-shin-hyes-agency-responds-reports-next-possible-tvn-drama/

• Like 2

I really hope Yoo Ah-In takes the role. I just recently binge watched Secret Love Affair...gosh he was so good...Who knew watching someone play classical music on the piano,  can be so sexy...He's acting there was top notch. I hope Lim (Im) Soo Jung takes up the female lead as well. I've seen her in  2 movies Time Renegades and Perfect Proposal and it would be  nice to see her in a drama.

26 minutes ago, triplem said:

I really hope Yoo Ah-In takes the role. I just recently binge watched Secret Love Affair...gosh he was so good...Who knew watching someone play classical music on the piano,  can be so sexy...He's acting there was top notch. I hope Lim (Im) Soo Jung takes up the female lead as well. I've seen her in  2 movies Time Renegades and Perfect Proposal and it would be  nice to see her in a drama.

I only watched him in Sungkyunkwan Scandal some years ago and I did not had another occasion until now.  I read about the other roles he had lately with great success. For me I will see the first time the actress Lim Soo Jung. I hope both will accept the offer too. Same for the second lead. I`ve never seen him in anything.

The plot sounds interesting and funny. Hope for a good drama.

• Like 3

Im Soo Jung In Talks For Lead Role In New tvN Drama

Im-Soo-Jung.jpg

On February 8, a representative from tvN stated that Im Soo Jung is a possible candidate for the lead female role in tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter” (working title) but also emphasized that nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

“Chicago Typewriter” is a fantasy romance comedy set in the 1930s during the Japanese occupation of South Korea. It is about a best-selling author, the ghost writer writing in his stead, and a former fan turned anti-fan of the author and how their lives become intertwined.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/08/im-soo-jung-talks-lead-role-tvns-chicago-typewriter/

• Like 1

I'm soooooo waiting for this...because Ah In and Kyung Pyo.....I wish they both will confirmed for the roles offered. Ah In should take 1 small screen before enlisting....Oh I really wish he accept the offer..... Ah In and Kyung Pyo in one screen.... another dream come true for me....

• Like 4

Upcoming tvN drama 'Chicago Typewriter' reveals potential star-studded cast

By KpopJoA   9 hours ago   24,571   1,739   13
Seolhyun-Kim-Soo-Hyun-song-joong-ki--yoo
The casting news for tvN's new drama 'Chicago Typewriter' is receiving a lot of interest with a lot of name dropping.  With actors Kim Soo Hyun, and Song Joong Ki being the main focus until recently, now it seems Yoo Ah In is looking into the project.  Things still appear to be up in the air as far as whether Yoo Ah In would take the leading male role.

It has been reported that actress Im Soo Jung has been requested to play the leading female role.  YNK Entertainment stated, "Not much has been discussed at this point."  It would be 13 years since Im Soo Jung's last drama in 2004, 'I'm Sorry, I Love You,' if she were to take the role. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/02/upcoming-tvn-drama-chicago-typewriter-reveals-potential-star-studded-cast

Production of Chicago Typewriter Denies Offering Seolhyun Leading Lady Role and Offer Out to Im Soo Jung 

201702081613773721_589ad1df43fe6.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/02/08/production-of-chicago-typewriter-denies-offering-seolhyun-leading-lady-role-and-offer-out-to-im-soo-jung/#more-79277

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RobinM said:

If nothing else an historical not set Joseon or Goreyo times will be a  very welcome change :)  the Japanese occupation period has been largely ignored in Dramas and the 19th century even more so.

I don`t know if they will show us the moments when they were writers in 19th century. They will reincarnate in modern times so I guess most of the time it will be a contemporary drama.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

If this is true , I will  cry..

There was an information that the tumor was benign. That`s good. I wish him to get well. If he will refuse the role due to this (to have new investigation) it is totally understandable.

• Like 1

Casting news...

Actor Kwak Si Yang has sign to appear in drama Chicago Typewriter. He will play the role of novelist and professor Baek Tae-min, as the author's only son, Baek Do-ha, a master of Korean literature.  Baek Taemin is a rival of the main character, who is jealous and feels inferior to him and he will form a love triangle with the protagonists. (Google translate- Hope for translated articles to know for sure about the character description for his role.)

20161116_1479291994_71504000_1.jpg?14871

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=966717

other articles say that he is just reviewing....

http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01325126615831176&DCD=A10102

• Like 2

I'm so excited to see the casts. They are all my favorite and it seems like it has been a long time to see them (except Kyung Pyo). The plot is quite weird but I still hope it will be good enough to follow until the end. I've dropped so many dramas lately. 

Edited: "except Kyung Pyo'' I mean I've seen him in a few drama lately, not that I don't like him. Just in case you guys misunderstand :tongue: 

• Like 1

Hot Takes from the Noonas] Kwak Si-yang offered role in "Chicago Typewriter"

017/02/15 | 544 views | 0 Comment | Permalink

fullsizephoto820192.jpg

Another name has been added to the casting rumors around "Chicago Typewriter" as Kwak Si-yang is in talks to join the cast of the fantasy romance comedy about a best-selling writer, his anti-fan, and his ghost-writer.

"Chicago Typewriter" is set to start filming at the end of February and go to air at the end of March, but has yet to nail down any of the main cast.

Details are still sketchy (much like the casting situation), but if Kwak Si-yang accepts, he'll be taking on the role of Baek Tae-min, a novelist. Ko Kyeong-pyo was also associated with the project at one point, and I'm not sure, but it sounds like he's out of the running in favour of Kwak Si-yang, unless there are more than two male leads.

More

http://www.hancinema.net/hot-takes-from-the-noonas-kwak-si-yang-offered-role-in-chicago-typewriter-103300.html

• Like 2

Chicago Typewriter courts Kwak Shi-yang to be Yoo Ah-in’s rival

by javabeans | February 15, 2017 | 23 Comments
tumblr_ol3vlzNGhi1sdd1ivo10_r2_540.jpg4

KBS’s upcoming fantasy-human-romantic-comedy Chicago Typewriter still hasn’t confirmed any leads yet—potential castings include Yoo Ah-in (Six Flying Dragons), Im Soo-jung (Time Renegades), and Go Kyung-pyo (Jealousy Incarnate)—but we get to throw Kwak Shi-yang’s (Mirror of the Witch, Second to Last Love) name into the mix as another possible addition.

The drama mixes fantasy elements into its contemporary storyline of a bestselling author (the role out to Yoo Ah-in) who hits a severe slump and hires a ghostwriter (possibly to be played by Go Kyung-pyo); the two men and the author’s former fan and now biggest anti-fan (the role offered to Im Soo-jung) share a curious connection amongst themselves and with an old typewriter. Moreover, the main characters are reincarnations of writers who struggled through hard lives in the 1930s, during the time of the Japanese Occupation

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/chicago-typewriter-courts-kwak-shi-yang-to-be-yoo-ah-ins-rival/
  • Like 2