[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

• 7 months later...

I just finished binge watching this drama last night and all I kept thinking while watching it is how much I thoroughly enjoy the story, the story telling, the acting, the characters, the music, and the scenery. The three friends and their past stories and the interchange between the past and the present kept me fully engaged. It’s sad how things turned out but still beautiful and poignant because their friendship still endured all that tragedy. I liked that no matter what happened they were so understanding of each other simply because they truly knew each other. For instance, even though the leader deduced his best friend betrayed him, he trusted him to the end because he knew what kind of person his friend was. Just simply a lovely story from my point of view.

I’ve only seen the second lead guy act before in an episode of The Strongest Delivery Man but seeing him in this has encouraged me to try watching that drama in full. I have never watched the lead actor before. I find his acting magnetic and it completely draws me in. When I feel in the mood to watch a drama of political strife, I’ll try Six Flying Dragons just to see more of him... :sweatingbullets:...well, and because I’ve always heard it’s a good drama. Anyway, I did enjoy the entire cast for the most part even if I couldn’t stand the character Tae Min in the past and present. Great job all around.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This series is coming to Netflix on October.

The descriptions are really attractive to me. I love intertwined stories of past and present (plus some mystery plus some action) and can't wait to see it.

This thread is kind of quiet which makes me wonder if this show turned boring at some points :sweatingbullets:.

Anyway, I will still watch it. Not gonna read any previous comments so as not to be spoiled :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just finished binge-watching this series a few days ago.

The past stories of the three main characters are beautifully written. However, I don't feel much engaged in the story of the present and sometimes I feel that the series could be more captivative if the present was made in another setting that is more humane. Honestly, the relationship between Seju and Taemin's family is a bit cliche. Besides that, Jeon-seon does not seem to have a life of her own or something she aim to in her life. Maybe the plot can be lighter and more heart-warming by focusing on curing the wounds and resolving characters' relationship in a positive approach instead of having Taemin as such psycho or introducing a new character as an enemy that comes to revenge for her brother.

My most favorite scene in the present time is when Seju completed a chapter based on the draft Yul gave him, but then feel ashamed and decided to give things up to live truthfully to his writing motto. That was such as beautiful turning point.

Overall, the present plot are actually not bad, but not great either. It serves the purpose of guiding us through the past life events and lead us to where everything is nicely resolved. The past story and how our characters face their unresolved past are the true highlight of this series and it makes me feel sad and warm at the same time.

I love this series. It is one of the best kdramas that I watched, even ranked in my Top 5 :tongue:. But I think it has the potential to be even more engaging.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

eventually, maybe bcs this drama is on netflix & quarantine due covid19, one of ost fmv vid shine the light by @CatchMine_ID (tysm dear! :') is one of place to reminiscing & discussing the beauty of the drama, the act, the trios, the sacrifices

there are new comments & love for this drama, ofc this drama deserves it:please:

here are some caps of the comments:

20200702-005219.jpg

20200702-005329.jpg

:heart:

you can see all the newest comment here direct link to the vid:

It warms my heart to see 'em:relaxed:

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

4 Park Min Young And Go Kyung Pyo K-Dramas To Binge After “Love In Contract”

Nov 19, 2022
by shalini

Love In Contract” has come to an end, leaving a romance-shaped void in our Wednesdays and Thursdays. But fear not! Here’s a list of where to get your fix of Park Min Young and Go Kyung Pyo. These two have covered everything from rom-coms to thrillers, mysteries, and even a little dash of noir, so there’s guaranteed to be something for everyone!

“Chicago Typewriter”

chicago-typewriter.png

Go Kyung Pro plays a pivotal role in this ode to bravery, tragedy, and to death never being the end. “Chicago Typewriter” is a masterpiece of a drama and well worth the watch just to see his story.

Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In) is a bestselling author suffering from writer’s block who lives all alone in a big mansion with no use for people. His arrogance turns former super-fan Jeon Seol (Im Soo Jung) into an anti-fan in less than a day after they meet. But Se Joo’s life is irrevocably altered when he purchases a typewriter accompanied by Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo), who agrees to become Se Joo’s literal ghostwriter. Jin Oh is more than he appears, and he’s here for a reason. The trio have a history stretching back to 1930s Japanese-occupied Korea, and the past isn’t done with them just yet.

Why you’ll love it:

There are so many reasons! This may be Yoo Ah In’s show, but Go Kyung Pyo is, without a doubt, the standout character here. There’s bromance, romance, and the most amazing ride-or-die friendship to ever grace the screen. All three actors shine in their dual roles: modern day and as resistance fighters of the 1930s. There’s a grace and pride to the story that’ll resonate long after the show has ended. This is a show you’ll never forget!

chicago-typewriter1.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1545121wpp/4-park-min-young-and-go-kyung-pyo-k-dramas-to-binge-after-love-in-contract

5 K-Dramas That Feature Epic Romances

May 29, 2024
by binski

Korean dramas are renowned for their captivating epic romances. From tales of star-crossed lovers to historical dramas rich in emotion, these series have special charms that resonate with K-drama fans from all over the world. Here are a few of the many K-dramas that have stolen viewers’ hearts and continue to do so because of their epic romance storylines.

Chicago Typewriter

“Chicago Typewriter” tells the story of a famous writer named Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In), who is experiencing writer’s block. During this stressful period in Han Se Joo’s life, he happens to meet Jeon Seol (Im Soo Jung), a hardcore fan of his, and Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo), a mysterious ghost writer who is incessant on helping him get through his writer’s block. There are twist and turns that result in lots of shock and heartbreak as well as situations in which he must find the strength to carry on.

chicago-typewriter.jpg

As the story unfolds, viewers are drawn into a captivating journey that spans decades, exploring the complexities of human emotions and the enduring power of love that transcends time and space. The chemistry between the characters, coupled with the backdrop of historical events and the mystery surrounding a vintage typewriter, adds depth and intrigue to the romance, making “Chicago Typewriter” a truly unforgettable epic love story in the realm of K-dramas. You won’t want to miss the acting chops from these veteran actors!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660643wpp/5-k-dramas-that-feature-epic-romances