[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

34 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Flaw in 'Goblin'?

JANUARY 22, 2017

(Hand under the fridge)

-

Pann: Critical mistake of Goblin

1. [+107, -0] Ugh, what a clumsy goblin.

2. [+89, -0] How did I make that kind of a mistake, so unfortunate.

3. [+76, -0] How did I make that kind of a mistake... I'll never know...

4. [+33, -0] It's my first time of seeing a hand sticking out while using telekinesis!! I'm serious!!

5. [+26, -0] Meanwhile, Gong Yoo's handsome face makes me smile and it's all good.

6. [+12, -0] This too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I found it when watching the episode today. Do you see the hand?

amazing how they even realize it in that split of second, they truly have the hawk eyes. i can't see anything if this article didn't point it out. crazy-monkey-emoticon-026.gif?1292792385

• Like 12

Spoiler
1 hour ago, ilikerice said:

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking and reading this thread since episode 1. ^^ Goblin is probably the first drama that had made me sign up for a soompi account and post on in the forums!! (Also, the community on this thread is very relatable and fun. It was fun to read all your posts that I had to add mine in!)

I can't hold back my feels. I'm having serious withdrawals after the finale. I probably replayed the last scene 5+ times because it was so bittersweet and beautiful. This whole drama was so melancholic, sad, lovely, and bittersweet. The two couples had gone through so much. Words can't explain how I feel about this drama. It's just beautiful. Writer Eun Sook's words are so perfect and every sentence she writes has a meaning to it. I did not get bored watching any of the Goblin episodes. All the scenes were meaningful. This drama was an emotional roller coaster. Every episode and every scene was unpredictable, and we wouldn't know what was coming up next. Also, the OST's were perfect and fit every scene the characters went through! I have been listening to the OST nonstop (a way to cope with the drama ending). The OST's are very genuine like the characters. They're very beautiful sounds, no wonder they're topping the music charts! The lyrics are so magical and beautiful (I don't even know how many times I said beautiful anymore) just like Goblin. The casting of every drama Eun Sook takes part in, it seems like all the actors and actresses were made for that role. From Secret Garden to A Gentleman's Dignity to Heirs to DOTS and to Goblin and many more, the actors and actresses fulfilled their role and suited it. Not only is it the main role, but all of the supporting actors and actresses too. No one had miss a beat while being their character. I don't know what to do now that Goblin has ended. I'm going to wait for their special episodes and cry again because there will be no more on every Friday and Saturday.

Since I'm still withdrawing from Goblin, I was lurking on a Goblin instagram (Gong Yoo x Go Eun insta lol). And I found this: We all know now that it's the last scene of Goblin.

16229814_1178194192249112_1691356450_o.jpg?oh=0598009479437db216f1fe1985ca95ac&oe=58875D39

What if the ending did happen with him stroking her head? I know it's very minor, but I think it would had let some of us finish the drama in peace loool. They didn't need to cut it T_T But it still turned out to be a beautiful ending and last scene, so I can't complain :)

THIS IS JUST A BEAUTIFUL DRAMA YA'LL. I JUST CAN'T LET IT GO....yet!

I am with you on everything! Goblin is over but I'm still thinking about it: the characters, the meaning, the music. Kim Eun Sook set out to deliver a sorrowful love story..and holy cow, did she deliver!!!! The ending was perfect (I would have liked it if he touched her cheek...I think it would have made it a lot happier....but I can take the ending as is). And again, I'm reiterating what everyone has already said, but it was about choice...and the fact that Goblin chooses to live most of his life depressed and alone....just so he can have a few precious years with reincarnated Eun Tak is just so hauntingly beautiful to me.....it left me happy and with a hole in my chest:)

Sorrowful love for the win!

• Like 24

1 hour ago, janeeta said:

Okay y'all, I'm about to drop the biggest GIF bomb ever. Here is every parallel scene from 14-16. I swear I need a life....

Dandilions Blowing in the Wind

Hide contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

First and Last

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Enjoy!

Sorry for cutting your post and THANK YOU for doing this! You're AMAZING and the rest of the people who keeps us posted the whole time! I've been just a silent lurker since I've been busy at school. I was going to try the above cuts because I'm just amazed on how talented the writer is and I'm glad you did them coz I have no idea how to do them. I've never thought nor heard that there's a meaning behind the dandelion until someone posted it here, so I also want to share the link for more info. I'm having Goblin withdrawals too LOL. 

http://fohn.net/dandelion-pictures/folklore.html

• Like 17

Okay, i don't even know what to say after finally finished watching 3 episodes last night.. There are many things i want to ask, but before that let me being grateful for the happy ending. Thank you, i get another happy ending drama.

Okay, back to the questions.

1. It said that KS will turn to ashes once the sword is pulled out, but apparently he's still alive. Why? What's the point then of pulling out that sword? The only function of the sword that i succeed to understand is to kill PJH. Other than that, i'm clueless.

2. GR/WY said that every 9 years ET will meet one GR even if not GR/WY, again, what's the point of that meeting if in the end ET is the one who decided her destiny? 

3. Where is DH?

4. GR/WY said that that's the first life of ET, so what will happen to KS when ET's already done with her fourth? Will he die too? Because as far i know, the Deity has already release him from his endless punishment.

Arrrrghhh! i'm confused :dizzy:

But really, i LOVE this drama! I got a lot laughs from this.. Kudos them! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, janeeta said:

The story was so good that it felt like there really was a KS and ET in this world. Maybe it's just me cause I live in Quebec city and pass by the Fairmont and hill area where they filmed every morning, but it feels like a real story and that I'm now mourning the loss of this beautiful couple since we wont get to see them anymore 

That hill doesn't have tombstones, right? Seems they are well planted to the ground that I can't tell if they are there for real or not. You're lucky to be there, passing by the places KS and ET have really good memories! 'Their magical getaway...

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, janeeta said:

The story was so good that it felt like there really was a KS and ET in this world. Maybe it's just me cause I live in Quebec city and pass by the Fairmont and hill area where they filmed every morning, but it feels like a real story and that I'm now mourning the loss of this beautiful couple since we wont get to see them anymore 

you're really lucky chingu~ya.. your home town so beautiful. thanks to KS and ET i change my future travel plan from turkey to quebec, even tho don't know i can be there.. need extra time to saving :tongue:.

@sooyoungdaebak i searching about that hill out of curiosity, but i don't think i can find any sign of tombstones. too bad, i wanna ask @janeeta to count how much yoo family tombstones there lol:D

every time i saw the hotel and hill picture i can't help to think about harry potter tho :tongue:

• Like 12

1 hour ago, oktatwork said:

I will keeping my eyes on one of the company in Singapore, it normally sell the dramas and movies, and it will be with Eng Sub and or with Chinese Sub (and sometimes with Chinese Dub too!). I will let you know once I saw it, I think you can order it online as well. I will update here or PM you once it available.

Thanks, I would love to hear the news also when it's available, i hope it's the uncut version.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, janeeta said:

Is there anywhere that I can read good fanfics about ShinTak written AFTER the episode aired? I'm going through withdrawals 

here's one I've found from tumblr. I've read it already. TWICE and also cried towards the ending :(

http://portfolio-.tumblr.com/post/156216709423/note-i-wasnt-about-to-but-i-did-it-i-cant-let

happy reading :wink:

• Like 14

59 minutes ago, CapriGirl13 said:

Okay, i don't even know what to say after finally finished watching 3 episodes last night.. There are many things i want to ask, but before that let me being grateful for the happy ending. Thank you, i get another happy ending drama.

Okay, back to the questions.

1. It said that KS will turn to ashes once the sword is pulled out, but apparently he's still alive. Why? What's the point then of pulling out that sword? The only function of the sword that i succeed to understand is to kill PJH. Other than that, i'm clueless.

2. GR/WY said that every 9 years ET will meet one GR even if not GR/WY, again, what's the point of that meeting if in the end ET is the one who decided her destiny? 

3. Where is DH?

4. GR/WY said that that's the first life of ET, so what will happen to KS when ET's already done with her fourth? Will he die too? Because as far i know, the Deity has already release him from his endless punishment.

Arrrrghhh! i'm confused :dizzy:

But really, i LOVE this drama! I got a lot laughs from this.. Kudos them! 

1. KS is supposed to die and become ashes and finally attain peace without any Guardian duties on earth. Because he loves ET and wants to be with her, he chose to remain in limbo (is this the right word for that sea/cloud place?) to have a chance to see ET again. There, he could be the rain and the first snow as it falls to earth. When ET summoned him at age 29, due to them signing the contract that she can summon him at the first snow every year, he reappeared with his goblin powers. If not, I think he will just become nothing.

2. I think it means that because she is a missing soul, she will meet a GR before she turns to the perfect age of 10, 20 or 30. So at age 9 she meets GR for the first time. At age 19, GR meets her again, but KS is there to protect her. At age 29, it seems that disaster is meant to befall upon her due to her missing soul status.

3. My guess is that the production team did not intend for DH to take on an older role. His role seems to be assigned to provide humour relief for a heavy duty and serious plot. As his face is youthful, they decided not to apply ageing process to his face. 

4. Seems like there are lots of different opinion about this, I think writer KES decided to leave this open ended. I'm thinking, after her fourth life, if she doesn't come back, KS will choose to become nothing finally and return to ashes, because there is no point to live without ET. Or, maybe she will attain immortal status with KS. 

• Like 13