[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

My first post in this week.

first i apologize for them who tagged me in many posts. i'm sorry i couldn't reply it one by one.

My brain has been in 'comatose' condition for k-drama since last week:crazy: maybe it's running out of memories. plus, i have so much thing to do in office. Work and end year evaluation keep my mind trapped between analysis, sending mails, meetings, achievement, self-score:crazy:

But i do read all of your post. dear sister @maryofbethany thanks for tagging me in every post related to God, fate, forgiving, buckwheat. I always read it immediately after you tagged me:) but my brain were having difficulties in creating responds :vicx:please keep tag me in your 'preaching' (you name it, right?kekeke)

@packmule3 hi maaam..or should i call you..master? your archangel post is lit! The writer indeed inserting many bible-related-things in this drama. not only principles like free-will, blessing in disguise, love, forgiving,  but also angels. someone did quote the bible verse which contains the angels name in it, i think it's @maryofbethany right? thanks for quoting since i have bad memory i wonder where i could find those angels in bible(see how bad it is? gabriel is the most recognizeable though!).

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

1. We all know that the King perpetrated atrocities more monstrous than suicide. His greatest sin was MASS MURDER.

Shin kept on reminding the audience in this episode: “My soldiers, my young sister, my innocent family—they were slashed with swords and shot with arrows before me. On command! Because of one word spit out by a young and foolish king!” (source: dramabeans)

And this: You killed, and killed, and even killed yourself. Your woman, your loyal subjects, your Goryeo, even yourself—you could not protect a single one of them!” (source: dramabeans)

The slaughter of innocent lives is infinitely more morally repugnant than the taking of one’s own life. These two crimes – massacre and slaughter -- are NOT morally EQUIVALENT. There’s no civilized society, Reapers’ World included, that will view suicide as a greater evil of the two. 

Massacre > Suicide 

Just think of Hitler. He exterminated innocent people, too. When his commanders deserted him, and the Allied forces had surrounded him, he decided to shoot himself. Please don’t tell me that when he reached the pearly gates in heaven, St Peter said, “Heil, Hitler! Your greatest sin is suicide.” :angry:

Do you see the ABSURDITY? :crazy: He slaughtered innocent people and his greatest sin is still his own suicide? :blink:

NO. That would be a travesty of justice, and the souls of the innocent victims would cry out for justice.

I’m totally aware that KES could choose to write such nonsense if she wanted to. But if she did, then I won't abide by her sanity and ethics for rest of the show.  

For me, the gravity of the Reaper's sin (greatest sin is suicide) DOES NOT even come close to the wickedness committed by the King. 

a sudden thought came into my mind while i write this post(i didn't plan to write this long!).

according to your last post, King's biggest sin is mass murder. i question myself, what is the biggest sin according to bible?

so, in goryeo dinasty, King can considered as god. people see the King as if they see their god. even WY stated it himself.

Spoiler

No one but the king could be regarded as a god to the people of Goryeo, Yeo had stressed, which is why he declared Shin a traitor. Sun was left shell-shocked, and that’s when Eunuch Park appealed to the king to punish Shin for his crimes by taking his life. 

cr: dramabeans

WY made his royal decree which was to kill KS. WY killed KS in his name

i'm doing a searching and found out that the biggest sin of all is comitting evil in god's name.

See how that align with what WY did?

committing evils's in god name stated in third of the ten commandments. The third says " Do not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"

this was what WY did to KS, to Queen, to KS's family.. committing the biggest sin.

@annchan @crazyoverkdrama lol at your imaginations:D meanwhile i'm waiting for their next groceries shopping :ph34r:

• Like 16

8 hours ago, shintakstan97 said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000536472

This is a new Naver post from Guardian's official FB page. Can somebody be kind enough to roughly translate this pleaseeee? I just want to know what's it about :sweatingbullets:

@shintakstan97here it is chinggu, basically it's only a brief summary of the episodes in goblin and the insights of this person.

I do not know what to do ... Happy Ending

'Dokkaebi Inside and Out' Sharing and Kim Goo Eun show 'Destiny Love' which is a thousand years old.

TVN 10th Anniversary Special drama 'The lonely and splendid god-dokkaebi' ('Dokkaebi') is a love that goes back and forth between the gods and the fateful love of the goblin gimgo Stories are focusing attention. In particular, in the last thirteenth episode, Takeshi (Kim Goo-eun), who is wrangling and crying on the floor, is disappeared after Gokseon Park Jung-heon (Kim Byung-chul) I was tearful.

In this regard, the fateful love affair of 'inside and outside of the goblin', which made the movie theater from the heartbreaking tears to the heartbreaking tears, is gathering attention. Like the god of the goblins, I summarized the goblins inside and outside, which made me want to ask for permission in heaven.
Boom Boom' - Sookmyung # 1 ♥ - First summon, the flower language of buckwheat 'Lovers'
Sharing, the first summon to the goblin priest Kimgo! The double word of fate in the flower language of the buckwheat flour!

It is the decisive moment that started the fate of the goblin gimshin (shared) and the goblin gobbie jimun tak (kimgoeun), 'inside and outside the goblin'. It was the first time that the goblin Kim Shin was summoned for blowing out the jade candle which had utility value as a goblin priest from birth. Kim Shin who wandered through the buckwheat field, which was the starting point for the immortal suffering, handed the buckwheat buckwheat to the tak, and Kim said that he was a lover. From the 'maquilogue', an important mediator that must be the beginning and the end of the goblin, the love of 'inside and outside of goblin' has opened its doors.
♥ 'Dokkaebi Inside Out Love' Sookmyung # 2 ♥ - It was my first love!
Sharing, the first love sentimental for 1,000 years to the goblin priest Kimgoeun! My heart was thumping!

The feelings of love felt for the first time by Kim Dae-sung, "It was the first love" overwhelmingly overwhelmed the theater. Kim, who has lived an immortal life with unimaginable pain and pain, and spent millennia of years, felt an unknowable feeling when he saw a smile of a bright smile than sunlight jumping toward him. The brilliance of being rewarded for the millennial years of living with loneliness and loneliness was confirmed by the laughing of Tak and the love affair of the 'ghosts of the goblins' in conjunction with the poem 'It was the first love'. In the eyes of Kim Shin, who only gazes at the pavilion, he was able to feel the sound of a pounding heart.
♥ 'Boogiebos in and out of love' Sookmyung # 3 ♥ - Curse of a person dies when a person lives
Sharing - Kim Geon-eun, despite the curse of harsh gods, their love is never ending!

Kim decided to finish the immortality and went to the buckwheat field to draw the sword, but Tak, who was a brilliant figure, failed to catch the sword. Unlike heretofore, Kim Shin-soo has fallen into irony, who wants to maintain her immortal life as she loves Jitendo. However, Kim, who had always been happy to live with Tae-tak, greeted Tae-tak at the last greeting, but he heard a warning from God. Kim Shin and Ji Eun Tak were disastrous with the fact that a person was forced to die when a person lived, and that the two men could not exist together.
At the same time, Kim, who did not know the meaning of picking the sword of Kim Shin, left the side of Kim Shin when he realized that Kim Sins decided to keep the love against the curse. "I live for that one hundred years, and one day, the day is the right one, and I can confess that it was my first love. I seek the permission of heaven."

♥ 'Dokkaebi Inside Out Love' Sookmyung # 4 ♥ - After the Last Kiss Love Confession
Sharing - Kim Goo Eun, in a cruel fate, last love Confession and kiss followed by eternity farewell!
Kim, who learned that the utility value of the goblins penetrating his body was to eliminate Gansin Park Jung-heon (Kim Byung-cheol), which appeared as a devil, he finally decided to return to Mu. Kim, who grasped Park Jung - hoon 's intention to make Dokkaebi Kim disappear by borrowing his hand from Tak' s hand, asked Ji - tup to summon him and gave him the last kiss before his death. In the cruel "fateful love" that one man has to die even if he try to avoid it, Kim Shin finally chooses to disappear, and when he cries to love him, "I also love you.
In the cruel "fateful love" that one man has to die even if he try to avoid it, Kim Shin finally chooses to disappear, and when he cries to love him, "I also love you. I have already done that. " The sad love of Ji-t'e, who weeps in a place where neither Kim Jin and Kim Shin are scattered like the dust like the wind, gave a heart-warming feeling.

The crew said, "The 'Love Story' in 'Dokkaebi' shares and the 'Love Story' in Kim Goo seem to convey a resonance to many viewers in that they are 'fatal love' that has not been seen in other dramas since birth. "I would like to see the love of the 'trust (Kim Shin - Ji Eun Tak) couple' to see what the result will be for the goblins who are returning to nothingness and the goblins who are left alone." -
Credit to the owner.
  • Like 16

47 minutes ago, aurelly said:

Jr GR. He already finished his part 

@aurelly have a feeling.. the Jr Gr may help Wangyeo in some way to save Euntak and also to plead for him before the Above... but the highest chance of WY himself gotten saved is already done by WY himself at last ep....  WangYeo's 'salvation" has already been hinted and paved the way by last ep ending part, when Yeo saved Euntak and Shin bid him farewell. and this article is not for ShinTak, but for WangSun... something i rarely do.

and i may have a strong hunch, happy ending does NOT just stay with our Main OTP.. it pretty obvious that our ShinTak will get their happy ending... only after ep14 and ep15 full of angst and river-crying.... but Happy Ending will extends to WY's and Sunny...
my cheap 2 cents: in order for God to bend His original rules... someone a self-less sacrifice is called for... Shin's miracle to miraclously return to re-birth as a human back to EunTak's side, is make possible for his own Active working toward self-sacrifice,,, first, when Eunuch possessed ET to draw his sword. he does not actively rebel against it... i duno how much is being agreed and arranged between Shin and Yeo, to come at the right time to save ET... but given that he has a calm composure /countenance just split seconds ET almost draw the sword... shown if ET really drawn, he has this resolution look, this peaceful look, that this sacrifice must come to pass in order to defeat Evil. by his active sacrifice, and not passive sacrifices, he so called 'Died".  But before this, Shin took a further step to reconcile with Yeo... its double selfless act. to use his own hand to end his life so taht the sword can kill Evil off. and to allow Yeo to have a closure and no regrets in sending him off... its kinda of thanks Yeo for saving EunTak out of the possession of Eunuch, so that EunTak will not blame the guilt of being the one pulled his sword... He's turning to Yeo also apologised for a late submissive, a late reconcile.... has he in past 900 years bear any regrets that "As well he should have just died at the battlefields during all those long years of endless wars with neighboring countries..."..
maybe what "Above" has been wanting and waiting to see, is Shin voluntarily forgiven Yeo... and Yeo inspite of still in penalty of disabey the Higher/Internal Auditor-Team (Grim-Reaper's HQ), Yeo braved the wrath and may faced stricken penalty yet willing to go extra miles to use his power to save Euntak.... maybe afterall, because of what Shin and Yeo selfless did for each other and for EunTak... this is what Above wanting to see,... the Question that HE throw out... fate? Or Faith?
inspite of so call Fate? are you willing to incur the wrath of 'fate' and fight for your loved one at your own expenses...
then, Faith in the Above who listens always will open a new door.... Kim Eunsook won't allow this scene of 'final sacrifice' to open as early as before the last 3 eps... so ther will be happy ending for ShinTak and WangSun, but maybe they will have to punish Wangyeo is some sacrifice first,  but planting HIMSELF in the body of a mere human and stay daily beside the two, by itself allow Above to grow fondness for the two immortals... if you start to see Yeo making some more sacrifices for Euntak in name of saving and helping the "widow" of his "late-friend cum brother-in-law"... then  you will be very sure, the Above will be touched by Yeo.
expect happy ending.. because this scene of draw sword does NOT happen at ep16. if it happen right at ep15 or ep16, then i think we are in for a HUGE MELODrama, Sacred Heart ryeo kind... one that grind your hearts to piece... thank God Kim Eunsook our 'Above' in Kdrama land loved 'fairy-tales' miraculous ending.. judge from her earliest work, the Lovers-series, (Lovers Series a lot of Cinderella plot.This Goblin itself is a Beauty and the Beast plot.). you already know, she is the Queen of Princess Fairy-tales traces transformed into Kdrama. (saw many WangSun shippers, losing hope .. so i just say my 2 cents.)
@bebebisous33 @packmule3 and all the Wangsun shippers.. i can't remember who are u. u know who u are.:glasses: sorry, my mind go blank now in rememebering who to tag.
@gutibear @romanov @selenette @LyraYoo@jeijei @aurelly have faith, that faith overcome fate.

• Like 17

@maryofbethany Yes, God's intentions might appear as really confusing but to me, it is pretty clear that it evolves around forgiveness and redemption. When Wang Yeo remembered his past life, he was again mad at himself. He didn't forgive himself for his wrongdoings hence he had no problem to be "killed" by Kim Shin again. Nonetheless, KS refused to do it criticising him for remaining the same. In my opinion, it is not just about Kim Shin who forgives Wang Yeo at the end of the episode 13. Wang Yeo has to forgive himself too. He doesn't need to dwelve on the past, rather focus more on the present and future. Notice that Kim Shin and Wang Yeo are similar in this matter. Both were past-oriented. Kim Shin as goblin could never enjoy his life as immortal and Wang Yeo as king could never forget the day, when his beloved wife was killed. So since the goblin has disappeared, GR Wang Yeo has to take over KS's role as guardian. The more he will protect JET and Sunny, the better he will feel about himself. He did good, unlike in the past where his misdeeds tortured him to the point, he couldn't live any longer. At the end of the drama, I guess, both our protagonists Wang Yeo and Kim Shin will recognise God's benevolence. In the end, God wants them to have Faith. Eun Tak symbolises the perfect human in the sense that she never resented God for her hardships, still believed in miracles and in God's goodness. Her faith never wavered. By the way, since you asked me about the symbolism of cotton, I was thinking to write something about it, yet with a different approach: use expressions (English, German and French) with cotton in order to analyse the meaning of that bouquet! What do you think about it? Sounds interesting or not? 

• Like 12

Yook Sungjae Raves About The Luxurious Product Placement In “Goblin”

yook-sungjae.jpg

During the press conference for “Goblin” back when it first premiered, Yook Sungjae expressed his amazement at the impressive product placement in the drama.

He said, “The sponsored items in the drama are amazing. Especially the car; the roof opens, and it even makes sounds. Plus, the house is really big, and the refrigerator has a touch screen. It’s super nice.”

His fellow actors could not help but laugh at his sudden remark, and Gong Yoo reacted, “Isn’t he so pure?” while Lee Dong Wook commented, “The advertisers must be happy that you’re promoting their products.”

Yook Sungjae’s reaction is even funnier because it contrasts completely with his role in the drama as a third generation chaebol.

Meanwhile, the last two episodes of “Goblin” will be airing on January 21. Catch the show on Vikiexclusively in Europe!

Source: Soompi

:D

• Like 20

1 hour ago, maryofbethany said:

The conclusion of “Goblin”is currently shrouded in mystery,we aren’t given the whole script,just parts we’re in.Excited to see what happens?

cr. Gong Yoo @ActorGongYo

Awww... It's really over on Saturday. I'm still in denial....  I've enjoyed our discussion here, so much so that we could actually make our own script, with our theories, guessing, wishes and imaginations.

I will REALLY, REALLY miss this show.

2 minutes ago, gutibear said:

Bad news for me...something came up at work so I won't be here tomorrow...What does it have to be tomorrowwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boss, let me go. Boss!!!

:bawling:

Nooooo!!!! Give him dal.komm coffee, with four tablespoons of laxative!!!

• Like 14