[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Trying to be positive after the great depression at 6:00 AM in the morning when watching this episode..... Chingu ya,..at least this happened in episode 13 instead of 15. I hope the remaining 3 episodes are daebak episodes. Does this make anyone feel better?.... No?.... *back to rewatching episode 13 :bawling:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

@Sunset90 continuing the bloodline is important in any where in the world.   giving a heir..   even today giving birth to son is important, he passes the surname.  it still the same male dominated society even at this 21th century..   

nothing much have changed..  committing suicide is a big sin in all religions, You can not take the life that god has given to you,  Only almighty have the right to give and take..  

@sooyoungdaebak GRP promised KS that he is going to erase those memories so she can cont living happily.  

Missed this post... 

True, continuing the blood line is important anywhere in the world. But I wanted to highlight the cultural aspect of it centuries ago. Nowadays it's definitely changing but not as fast as we want it to. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Real question:

What was the real reason for the mini trip? They can easily live together, all they were shown doing was a BBQ and playing around.

That getaway house looked like it only had one bed and their trip was alone, overnight. Can we safely say that they slept together? Like consummated their relationship?

I really don't see the point of an overnight trip otherwise. They could have just done a BBQ, read a few books and gone home. Something was different about that night and despite it being their final hurrah, I think something major did happen that they implied.

consolation... a sweet candy before bitter medicine? lol..

to allow our brain take a break from the angst by thinking what happened that night ?

if we replay again (which i believe you guys already did and abuse your reply button) and remember the rooftop kissing scene i dare to say that KS skill in kissing tremendously increase... so who know what et teach to him in that night until he become that expertembarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129embarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, sunnygirl said:

In episode 13... KS told ET that he and GR were given a riddle? WHAT was the riddle?

@sunnygirlKS is referring to his meeting with God (DH) at the bar. KS and GR met God. God told both of them, don't blame God about destiny or fate. God's exact line was, 'Fate was the question I threw out. Both of you have to find the answer.' In their conversation with God, the idea given is... Fate is just a scenario. You have a choice, what you want to do. The Fate that you end up with, is one that is determined by choices. I really like this idea that is written by KES. It gave me some insight about life in general too.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, selenette said:

ON MEMORY ERASURE

So we all know Wang Yeo promised to erase Eun-tak's memories once Kim Shin died.

However.

1. Will his memory erasure work on Eun-tak, if she really treasures those memories with Kim Shin? Sunny is immune to the erasure because of this exact reason: she treasures the memories of Wang Yeo.

2. Will it work because Eun-tak is no longer a Goblin bride? That is to say, will she have no supernatural immunity at all?

Conjectures here:

1. Is Sunny an exception to memory erasure because she's Wang Yeo's soulmate...or no, is it because she now remembers her past life? He could erase her memories before, but not again?

2. Is Wang Yeo's memory erasure power diminishing? He was reprimanded by the higher ups because of the power abuse.

For what I understood, is not that Sunny is inmmune or an exception... is that, when Reaper said the words he ordered her to remember only the beautiful memories and forget about him. The problem with that is that for Sunny and Kim Sun, the most beutiful memories are from the King and Reaper so in the end, what Reaper asked her to do is a contradiction, she can't forget him and still remember the most precious memories to her. So the spell, being a contradiction, did not work.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

Seriously it's not fair how can Evil Eunuch the biggest sinner still can wandering around as ghost for hundreds of years harming human have much power that even grim reapers can't catch him moreover he still can fight back instead he disappear to easily in the end without torture but KS who become a sinner because he did it for his country not personal gain, WY who did it because get manipulated from baby, ET and Sunny who didn't do anything wrong got many hardship, heartache, torture, pain, etc. I want a justice for them after enduring so much they certainly deserve happy ending :angry:

Hi @meifang89 agree with your comments regarding the perceived disproportionate distribution of punishment and pain meted out to the Evil Eunuch (BTW wouldn't want to be *THAT* guy this week walking around Seoul - lots of anger blasting his way) I think/hope that we will still see some justice in the next few episodes...maybe there is a job worse than GR's....He "died" but for the first time that DEMON will be facing "judgement"!!  Bring the marshmello's time for a "roasting"

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Real question:

What was the real reason for the mini trip? They can easily live together, all they were shown doing was a BBQ and playing around.

That getaway house looked like it only had one bed and their trip was alone, overnight. Can we safely say that they slept together? Like consummated their relationship?

I really don't see the point of an overnight trip otherwise. They could have just done a BBQ, read a few books and gone home. Something was different about that night and despite it being their final hurrah, I think something major did happen that they implied.

@janeetaI think if there was bed scene the audience would be shown the exact scenes. Taking a trip could be just a next step in their romance, the writer is trying to show that they are slowly becoming very comfortable with each other. Though they have been dating seriously for a while, by living in the big house, there is always GR or DH there. If you notice, romantic scenes usually occur when they are walking, in the park, speaking with each other in the house alone. So taking a trip is the next step where they spend quality time with each other. That is why after the trip, when ET saw KS waiting in school at the stairs for her, she addressed him as Kim Shin-shi and not Ajusshi, to show they became more comfortable with each other. At the same time, it shows that their romance is moving at snail's pace as compared to today's society where everything is so fast. That is also a reason why the drama is successful, I think. Maybe audience long for deep and emotional connection instead of fall in love at first sight at ep 1, deep kiss at ep 7, bed scene at ep 11 - 14, which is the formula of Korean drama for past few years. But I think in ep 14-16, there will be overnight sleep together scene. I could be wrong though, I hope I am because I'm also cheering for bed scene, GY and Go Eun! 

• Like 17

Ok so I watched the episode with subs... and gosh, that final scene killed me even more!.... ET's sobs at the end! Gosh!... It kills me: they are raw and ugly... thus powerful.

I kinda wish we'd see a BTS for that scene. While thinking that, I cannot help to think of another BTS of Gong Yoo when he was filming Coffee Prince. There is one scene where he has to cry, and after the take, he continues to cry. He cannot help it. I kept thinking of that... I dunno why.

This episode was just sad for me. We had cute moments but he already knew he would die; he understood that he had to carry out his duty as a soldier till the end. He was always on WY's side; he also loved him and decided to protect him till the end. There is sthg quite powerful and beautiful in that. Frankly, that is the best thing ever. It makes me quite satisfied by how things turned out to be in this episode. While alive, all he wanted to do was protect the King; as a Goblin, his purpose so to speak was the same. I also love how HE decided. He answered God's question.

Now ET needs to answer her question I feel. No? I also liked how she wished that it was her 1st life so she could meet KS again and again. If, or rather when KS come sback to life, they can live that life together, die together, reincarnate again and again and hopefully meet in all their lives. I hope for that.

I also loved how he described ET as his reward. How he said that he loved her. How he would come back as rain and snow for her.

tvN is cruel to make us wait till next week for another episode!!!!!!!!!

There were some cute moments that made me smile:

- How GR calls DH, KS answers and when GR realizes KS answered, he sits straight up. It got awkard. They were totally like lovers in that scene! I loved it! I thought it was a nice little fan service for us lovers of their bromance.

- Sunny lives in the same house as in Secret Garden!!!!! When we see the house from the parking lot! God! Same house people!!! I love that little reference to KES and YIN's previous common drama.

- Samshin is the owner of Sunny and Cute GR's house?

- I liked seeing Samshin in the past. It made me wonder if her intentions were actually bad to begin with... I think she also wanted to punish PJW...

@122am and @janeeta Even though I agree with you @122am that for ET, the trip was a way of bringing them closer, it was a good bye trip for KS! How cruel... He had already decided to die before asking her on that trip :bawling: Would he have slept with her knowing that?... Not sure. I think he wanted to give her the contract and spend some time with her; give her good memories. I think he was just planning his escape in a sense.

• Like 14

I have a feeling that GR might erase ET's memory to help her cope with the loss of KS and to let her live a somewhat happy life. BUT if he decides to erase ET's memories of KS, wouldn't he need to erase Sunny's memories too? Otherwise wouldn't Sunny be puzzled as to why ET all of a sudden no longer remembers KS? OR, maybe GR and Sunny, together, decide to ease ET's pain of losing KS by having GR erase her memory and they both watch over her and take care of her without mentioning KS. We know from KS' vision of ET's future that she is still good friends with Sunny.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

Responses for the Kiss Scene on TVN YT channel:

--  what the hell director... for the past 12 episodes all you did was  zoom in every moment but now for the kiss you gave us far shoot???? damn

--   OMFG IM DYING IM DYING FINALLY GONG YOO SHOWED HIS TRUE POWER

--   If they give us BTS of this clip, i am no longer mad about zoom out.

--   Director, we all need a zoom in shot of this scene, we've waited long enough but you give us this scene?

--   cameraman why cant you zoom in at the right time??? I thought Kim Shin's gonna do another round of that kiss the way he looked and caress her. Eun Take looked dazed for a second ha ha, the power of Gong Yoo kiss! 

--  Am I a pervert for repeating this scene over 15 to 20 times till now this is what I was wating for GY oppa to do perfectionnnnnnn I want a man like him 

-- please somebody zoom in this kiss scene for me.

-- I GO OUT AND NEED TO BREATH.

-- im going to be crazy now. thanks to editor.

--  I am going to kill the director

:lol::lol:

@sooyoungdaebak Comment highlighted in yellow is so funny! I didn't notice it. But yeah I was really rolling my eyes at the scene. I think they do it this way because there are more kiss scenes coming up in future episodes. 

You're not crazy to repeat the scene, I was staring at the zoomed in gifs of the kiss scene too. From my analysis... GY didn't have any tongue action at all. He (referring to GY the actor) is still a gentleman as of ep 13! I read in an article that Kim Go-eun watched Coffee Prince many times as a teenager and really like the drama. I'm really happy that she experienced working opposite GY. If she was born few years later, it will be even more difficult. He will be 40s and she will be very early 20s. So it's really her destiny to take this role. 

Every time I watch GY kissing, whether in film or drama (Coffee Prince or Goblin), he is like God blessing the actresses. HAHAHA!

And... the way KS evaporated into ash at the rooftop scene: You know in everyone's life, when a girl (audience like you or me) watches a drama, in their mind they are thinking of someone? It can be unrequited love, crush of their life, first boyfriend, fiance that got away, etc. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. When KS evaporated into ash... ET is like every girl. And KS is like the embodiment of the deepest love, fading away, finally evaporated. You can't turn back time! So sad.

Edited by LyraYoo
profanity
  • Like 16

16 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

consolation... a sweet candy before bitter medicine? lol..

to allow our brain take a break from the angst by thinking what happened that night ?

if we replay again (which i believe you guys already did and abuse your reply button) and remember the rooftop kissing scene i dare to say that KS skill in kissing tremendously increase... so who know what et teach to him in that night until he become that expertembarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129embarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129

Hehe..i like this part. I also think the scene was for us, the Goblin's troopers, actually  hehehe. To sweeten us up before KS was taken away. Not so much for ET because if it is for ET, then it will be cruel to leave with one sweet night to remember, knowing there will be no more nights like that after this..:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4

I sorta have a question/theory

1. Everyone assumes ET will lose her memory, what if KS is the one that will lose his while ET retains hers? Could it be possible for KS to be "reborn" he has to give up his memories? In the future that KS saw, ET described the man to Sun as "a certain man" not because she lost her memories but because she didn't want to tell Sun yet that KS is still alive not knowing if he truly remembers. She caressed her necklace while waiting for that man, maybe she's excited to see the same man that gave her that necklace, maybe it's her way of making him remember her by going to that same restaurant. If this theory pans out, would it be like how GR  made Sun remember her past, by a kiss?

2. Or both of them lose their memories. Wouldn't it be real destiny if they found each other again without having all that "baggage"?

About that little boy though, could his grandma be THE grandma?

I might be talking nonsense right now, cried all night rewatching last night's episode over and over. 1 more week...

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

Hi @meifang89 agree with your comments regarding the perceived disproportionate distribution of punishment and pain meted out to the Evil Eunuch (BTW wouldn't want to be *THAT* guy this week walking around Seoul - lots of anger blasting his way) I think/hope that we will still see some justice in the next few episodes...maybe there is a job worse than GR's....He "died" but for the first time that DEMON will be facing "judgement"!!  Bring the marshmello's time for a "roasting"

I wish to see Evil Eunuch roasting in hell that way I'll be satisfied (maybe people won't recognize "Him" because much make up used in the drama so it's kind a disguise moreover their eyes must be blurry after crying for Gong Yoo). The Butterfly not give fair judgement here sigh... :(

I read there's snowing,raining in some places,in my place too early in the morning until now. The universe is mourning for last episode.goblin is really really sad #dramaqueen #hallucination :fearful:

Okay for more relax comment...

I also mourn for the hot kiss long shot hahahaha i also think why the hell the zoom out,than you for soompiee who already hive us the zoom in version xD 

i think they still want to do the "sexual" things softly and slowly,after kim shin resurrected it would be leveled up,and zoom in i guess :glasses: and i think yhere's someone mention,KES will give the kiss in unexpected moment,i do shock when KS back to kiss ET deeply #swoon

• Like 5

what if.. just what if.... the GR will really erase ET memory and later when she's turn 29 she met the chairman - who's actually the real KS. Resurrected like the one Kdrama did to gumiho in "my girlfriend is gumiho". so he remember everything but she did not.. but she fall in love again.. they kissed and she suddenly remember everything... and they live happily ever after...

sorry don't hv time to backread. i got to do something but can't wait to share my expected ending (above)..  hahaha... 

tumblr_m05bygaEHh1r35wfvo1_250.gif

Happiness will come to us!!!

• Like 6

Just now, ogrenji said:

I read there's snowing,raining in some places,in my place too early in the morning until now. The universe is mourning for last episode.goblin is really really sad #dramaqueen #hallucination :fearful:

It's snowing here in Quebec too. The world is mourning.